Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2017, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I love Macadamia nuts. Teresa always gets them for me at Christmas as a stocking stuffer. The first time I ever had them was went I went to Hawaii in 1980 while I was in college. I've loved them ever since.
What a nice stocking stuffer!

By far, my favorite nut. They are pretty expensive but I don't mind paying the price. They are too good to resist!
Old 02-12-2017, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Glad that you had fun!

Nothing interesting. I actually watched again the Jordi Arias movie because we mentioned it on OT and I like Jesse so win/win for me. I had forgotten how disturbing the killing scene was though. I was eating right at that moment and it was well surprising .

Overall it was relax mostly .
Eating then must have been tough. Oh yes, what she did was sickening. Classic violent sociopath act. She planned it and the execution was one of the most violent in history. She's rotting behind bars.

Jesse was fabulous in the movie.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That sounds really yummy . Like all of it . I like Macadamia nuts too, but they are too expensive here.
Yes, like I mentioned up thread... they are expensive here too. It sucks. You have to pay for quality (and origin) I guess, there's no other way around it. I love them and would rather pay more for this nut and eat less over another nut that I don't really like but eat just because I can if that makes sense. I like Hazelnuts too though. Hazelnuts would be second.
Old 02-12-2017, 10:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Eating then must have been tough.
It was. They weren't too graphic which is understandable, but I think that it was shown enough to make you think what really happened and how.

Quote:
Oh yes, what she did was sickening. Classic violent sociopath act. She planned it and the execution was one of the most violent in history. She's rotting behind bars.
I do think that she planned it. Well I'm not that familiar with the case like you. I haven't watched the real trail so my assumption is more on some stuff I read and what you've posted. From the movie though it looks like she planned on killing him anyway - with or without the sex or the texts. What I found interesting is the fact that he didn't fight. He is a man and I bet that if he wants he will be stronger than her. I think that he never thought that she would do this so his guard was let down. And once he realized what was going on, it was too late to fight her.

Talk about sick though. Did she really took pictures with the camera while killing him? That's disgusting.

Quote:
Jesse was fabulous in the movie.
I think that he played well Travis. Obviously he wasn't a saint. I also don't think that he ever loved her. He liked having sex with her and I do think that if she wasn't that pushy he might have liked her. But man she was. And obsessively jealous. Anyway he wasn't an angel, but to me it was clear that this wasn't a passion crime. It was planned crime.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It was. They weren't too graphic which is understandable, but I think that it was shown enough to make you think what really happened and how.

I do think that she planned it. Well I'm not that familiar with the case like you. I haven't watched the real trail so my assumption is more on some stuff I read and what you've posted. From the movie though it looks like she planned on killing him anyway - with or without the sex or the texts. What I found interesting is the fact that he didn't fight. He is a man and I bet that if he wants he will be stronger than her. I think that he never thought that she would do this so his guard was let down. And once he realized what was going on, it was too late to fight her.

Talk about sick though. Did she really took pictures with the camera while killing him? That's disgusting.

I think that he played well Travis. Obviously he wasn't a saint. I also don't think that he ever loved her. He liked having sex with her and I do think that if she wasn't that pushy he might have liked her. But man she was. And obsessively jealous. Anyway he wasn't an angel, but to me it was clear that this wasn't a passion crime. It was planned crime.
She definitely planned it. She stole a gun (same gun that she shot him with) from her Grandparents place (where she was even living in Mesa, CA) two weeks before she killed him. Then she gets gas cans from an ex-boyfriend because she didn't want to be tracked in Mesa so she didn't want to stop for gas. She got 3 gas cans, the exact amount needed to get through the state of Arizona. Everyone thought she was going from CA to Utah on a trip but she went to Arizona/Travis' instead. She colored her hair from blonde back to her original color, brown. She turned her phone off in Pasadena, CA, before hitting the Arizona border. She doesn't turn the phone back on until the next day after she killed him and she was in Nevada. She didn't want them to track her in Arizona. She premeditated everything. She arrives in Arizona early in the morning on June 4th, 2008. Apparently they had sex when they woke up from sleeping around 1 PM... then they took some nude photos... she talked him into posing in the shower naked. He had been working out so she took pictures of him in the shower... she got him in a sitting position... she had a knife with her hiding probably in her pocket. When he was sitting and unaware, she dropped the camera, took the knife and stabbed him in the heart. He stumbled and gets up, bleeding, weakened and walked to the bathroom sink where she stabs him repeatedly in the back... he stumbles and tries to get away so goes down the hallway towards his bedroom and stairs, he fell around the hallway/entrance of his bedroom where she slit his throat from ear to ear. She dragged him back through the hallway into the bathroom where she pulls out her Grandfather's 25 Caliber and shoots him in the head. She drags him back in the shower and uses water to try and wash him off, wash off the area as much as possible. The camera she dropped the minute she stabbed him in the chest took pictures as it was falling which is how pictures were initially taken. She must have picked the camera back up during the killing because more pictures were accidentally taken as she's dragging him in the hallway back to the bathroom. Then the sociopath takes all the clothes and sheets and puts them in the washer and washes everything... her biggest mistake that ultimately convicted her was she deleted the photos or so she thought... but she put the camera in the washer thinking that deleting the photos AND washer would kill the pictures/camera. Thankfully, the police were able to retrieve the time-stamped photos which literally has her pant leg and Travis' body being dragged along with the nude photos they were taking during sex. So all the evidence was in those photos, let alone a few bloody DNA prints of her blood mixed with his on the walls, etc.

Why she did that with the camera... keeping it there instead of taking it with her when she left is the weird part. Thankfully she screwed up. Now she's sitting behind bars for the rest of her miserable sociopathic life. In court, one of the last things she said to the family? That Travis was conscious while she was slitting his throat. She actually told his family that for one last sociopathic "murder" in her mind. Sickening.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
She definitely planned it. She stole a gun (same gun that she shot him with) from her Grandparents place (where she was even living in Mesa, CA) two weeks before she killed him. Then she gets gas cans from an ex-boyfriend because she didn't want to be tracked in Mesa so she didn't want to stop for gas. She got 3 gas cans, the exact amount needed to get through the state of Arizona. Everyone thought she was going from CA to Utah on a trip but she went to Arizona/Travis' instead. She colored her hair from blonde back to her original color, brown. She turned her phone off in Pasadena, CA, before hitting the Arizona border. She doesn't turn the phone back on until the next day after she killed him and she was in Nevada. She didn't want them to track her in Arizona. She premeditated everything. She arrives in Arizona early in the morning on June 4th, 2008. Apparently they had sex when they woke up from sleeping around 1 PM... then they took some nude photos... she talked him into posing in the shower naked. He had been working out so she took pictures of him in the shower... she got him in a sitting position... she had a knife with her hiding probably in her pocket. When he was sitting and unaware, she dropped the camera, took the knife and stabbed him in the heart. He stumbled and gets up, bleeding, weakened and walked to the bathroom sink where she stabs him repeatedly in the back... he stumbles and tries to get away so goes down the hallway towards his bedroom and stairs, he fell around the hallway/entrance of his bedroom where she slit his throat from ear to ear. She dragged him back through the hallway into the bathroom where she pulls out her Grandfather's 25 Caliber and shoots him in the head. She drags him back in the shower and uses water to try and wash him off, wash off the area as much as possible. The camera she dropped the minute she stabbed him in the chest took pictures as it was falling which is how pictures were initially taken. She must have picked the camera back up during the killing because more pictures were accidentally taken as she's dragging him in the hallway back to the bathroom. Then the sociopath takes all the clothes and sheets and puts them in the washer and washes everything... her biggest mistake that ultimately convicted her was she deleted the photos or so she thought... but she put the camera in the washer thinking the deleting the photos AND washer would kill the pictures/camera. Thankfully, the police were able to retrieve the timestamped photos which literally has her pant leg and Travis' body being dragged along with the nude photos they were taking during sex. So all the evidence was in those photos, let alone a few bloody DNA prints of her blood mixed with his on the walls, etc.
Agree. She planned it. It was obvious that this wasn't just out of anger in the moment. I didn't know that she stabbed him in the heart first. It does explain why he didn't beat the **** out of her to defend himself though. I wondered about this. But now it makes sense. It's clear that she planned it. And for me personally it's clear that she was sociopath because she didn't just stab him in the heart. She stabbed him 26 times more and then shot him. That right there is sign of crazy person. And she has no remorse or what's so ever.

Quote:
Why she did that with the camera... keeping it there instead of taking it with her when she left is the weird part. Thankfully she screwed up. Now she's sitting behind bars for the rest of her miserable sociopathic life. In court, one of the last things she said to the family? That Travis was conscious while she was slitting his throat. She actually told his family that for one last sociopathic "murder" in her mind. Sickening.
Yeah, I wonder about this too. Luckily she did a mistake by not burning the camera. Without this she might have let walk free you know. So as twisted as it sounds I am happy that she made a mistake and was caught. She is just sick. How can she tell this his parents.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Oh and yes, Travis was a Mormon and was having sex with Arias without anyone knowing. He was essentially living a double life with her and fulfilling sexual fantasies while looking for the perfect Mormon woman to marry. He made it known he could never marry her because she wasn't that perfect Mormon woman. He also had a temper but throughout the relationship and then after they broke up (but continued to have sex) she would do things that provoked his anger. She played mind games all the time. She also broke into his bank accounts, email accounts, Facebook, etc. She slashed his tires and his girlfriends at the time, tires. She sent threatening emails to a girlfriend of Travis' without signing her name.

I think what set her off the most though was when she found out he cheated on her when they dated exclusively, along with her knowing he would never consider her marriage material.

There are text messages from Travis calling her a sociopath and he never wanted to see her again. It's assumed that he found out she did something to him but to this day, no one knows what she did that provoked him to call her that and he told her she hurt him more than anyone ever had. He might have found out she stole his one ring too. She stole things from him. But that last fight took place two weeks before she stole the gun and the planning got started.

But yes, a horrible situation all around. He wasn't an angel but she was a true sociopath in every way, shape and form.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I had such a scare with Buddy around 3 AM. I woke up and couldn't find him. I am serious. For 20 minutes we didn't know where he was in the house and he always, always comes when called. He usually is sleeping with me on my bed. He wasn't there. I thought maybe when he was let out around 2 AM I was too tired and maybe he slipped off the leash and I didn't notice. I was looking, screaming, in tears even for 20 minutes. Finally, I moved the one big couch in the family room and he popped out. I think he went back there just to play and somehow got a little stuck in there but not stuck enough to whimper or make noise. I think he also panicked when I was freaking out trying to find him so he stayed back there. I moved the couch more and he popped out.

It was terrifying but thankfully that nightmare is over.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh and yes, Travis was a Mormon and was having sex with Arias without anyone knowing. He was essentially living a double life with her and fulfilling sexual fantasies while looking for the perfect Mormon woman to marry. He made it known he could never marry her because she wasn't that perfect Mormon woman. He also had a temper but throughout the relationship and then after they broke up (but continued to have sex) she would do things that provoked his anger. She played mind games all the time. She also broke into his bank accounts, email accounts, Facebook, etc. She slashed his tires and his girlfriends at the time, tires. She sent threatening emails to a girlfriend of Travis' without signing her name.
I do think that she was obsessive and crazy. I guess he felt it, but I don't think that he ever thought that she is that crazy to kill him. Otherwise he would have reported her, but maybe I'm wrong.

Quote:
I think what set her off the most though was when she found out he cheated on her when they dated exclusively, along with her knowing he would never consider her marriage material.
I understand her being upset or angry. Of course anyone would be angry if they find out they were cheated on, but to stab someone 27 times. That I don't get.

Quote:
There are text messages from Travis calling her a sociopath and he never wanted to see her again. It's assumed that he found out she did something to him but to this day, no one knows what she did that provoked him to call her that and he told her she hurt him more than anyone ever had. He might have found out she stole his one ring too. She stole things from him. But that last fight took place two weeks before she stole the gun and the planning got started.
Maybe part of him realized that she is bad news, but I guess he also found her convenient for his double life. Though I do think that if she wasn't that crazy he might have liked her for more.

Quote:
But yes, a horrible situation all around. He wasn't an angel but she was a true sociopath in every way, shape and form.
Exactly!
Old 02-13-2017, 03:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I had such a scare with Buddy around 3 AM. I woke up and couldn't find him. I am serious. For 20 minutes we didn't know where he was in the house and he always, always comes when called. He usually is sleeping with me on my bed. He wasn't there. I thought maybe when he was let out around 2 AM I was too tired and maybe he slipped off the leash and I didn't notice. I was looking, screaming, in tears even for 20 minutes. Finally, I moved the one big couch in the family room and he popped out. I think he went back there just to play and somehow got a little stuck in there but not stuck enough to whimper or make noise. I think he also panicked when I was freaking out trying to find him so he stayed back there. I moved the couch more and he popped out.

It was terrifying but thankfully that nightmare is over.
. Glad that that this ended well for you and him.

Today I was checking out for lunch and I totally hit the second. On the screen it was 12:12:12. Talk about timing .
Old 02-13-2017, 04:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I do think that she was obsessive and crazy. I guess he felt it, but I don't think that he ever thought that she is that crazy to kill him. Otherwise he would have reported her, but maybe I'm wrong.
What's interesting is apparently he joked with his friend that if he was ever found dead, he'd know why. I am not kidding. He did tell a couple people close to him that she was stalking him. He also knew she slashed his tires and his girlfriend's tires. He was going to call the police but ultimately didn't. It's assumed he knew it was her and didn't want to get her into trouble for whatever reason. A big part of it is he truly was addicted to sex with her and that was the main thing the defense went after... they even said if he considered her a true stalker and he was scared, why did he continue having sex with her.

Quote:

I understand her being upset or angry. Of course anyone would be angry if they find out they were cheated on, but to stab someone 27 times. That I don't get.
Plus, she found out he was cheating a year before this. I just think everything started to add up and she couldn't deal with it. He was going to Mexico on a free business perk and was taking another girl. Some say this pushed her over the edge. The irony is the girl he was taking, he actually had deep feelings for but she told him she only viewed him as a friend and only wanted friendship. Jodi didn't know that Mimi Hall only saw Travis as a friend. People wonder if she would have known that would she have killed him. She thought he was taking her to Mexico and they'd have this romantic getaway. So Mexico could have been the ultimate thing that made her decide to kill him. If she knew Mimi didn't return the romantic feelings she might not have killed him then or it would have been delayed.

Quote:

Maybe part of him realized that she is bad news, but I guess he also found her convenient for his double life. Though I do think that if she wasn't that crazy he might have liked her for more.

Exactly!
Exactly, it was easy for him to live this double life and he must have liked it.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
. Glad that that this ended well for you and him.

Today I was checking out for lunch and I totally hit the second. On the screen it was 12:12:12. Talk about timing .
Thanks! I am still recovering from the anxiousness. My neck is hurting and I just feel off.

Wow to that number combination!!!!! Have you ever seen the combination before? Are you still seeing different patterns/combos fairly regularly?
Old 02-13-2017, 04:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
What's interesting is apparently he joked with his friend that if he was ever found dead, he'd know why. I am not kidding. He did tell a couple people close to him that she was stalking him. He also knew she slashed his tires and his girlfriend's tires. He was going to call the police but ultimately didn't.
I wonder about this too. I guess at that point he still didn't think that she is that dangerous.

Quote:
It's assumed he knew it was her and didn't want to get her into trouble for whatever reason. A big part of it is he truly was addicted to sex with her and that was the main thing the defense went after... they even said if he considered her a true stalker and he was scared, why did he continue having sex with her.
It does seems that he liked sex with her. The thing is that I personally believe that it takes two to play tango. Was Travis true gentleman who treated her with respect? Definitely not. Was she obsessed with him and used sex to make him stay with her? It looks that way. I understand woman being hurt or upset that a man sees as her just as a good sleeping buddy. I understand that, but if you are hurt and upset you don't come back for more. I don't think that there is evidence that he had pressured her for sex. Though you never know.
Quote:
Plus, she found out he was cheating a year before this. I just think everything started to add up and she couldn't deal with it. He was going to Mexico on a free business perk and was taking another girl. Some say this pushed her over the edge. The irony is the girl he was taking, he actually had deep feelings for but she told him she only viewed him as a friend and only wanted friendship. Jodi didn't know that Mimi Hall only saw Travis as a friend. People wonder if she would have known that would she have killed him. She thought he was taking her to Mexico and they'd have this romantic getaway. So Mexico could have been the ultimate thing that made her decide to kill him. If she knew Mimi didn't return the romantic feelings she might not have killed him then or it would have been delayed.
Delayed is the operative word I think. Honestly to me she looks like the obsessive type of person that doesn't need too much to snap. I think that they obliviously were toxic to each other. But maybe Travis was actually starting to move on and not depend that much on her. Maybe that's why she killed him. Obviously he was convenient for her while he was still happy to be with her and she knew that she had chances to make him marry her. So I guess she maybe snapped because she thought that the chances for this were vanishing.

Quote:
Exactly, it was easy for him to live this double life and he must have liked it.
He definitely liked it. Unfortunately it ended really bad. And I just feel both for him (he definitely suffered) and especially for his family and relatives.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Thanks! I am still recovering from the anxiousness. My neck is hurting and I just feel off.
Ugh sucks . Luckily he is fine. That's the important thing.

Quote:
Wow to that number combination!!!!! Have you ever seen the combination before? Are you still seeing different patterns/combos fairly regularly?
I have seen 12:12, but not 12:12:12. As for combinations recently not so much. Though I did see yesterday 21:21 I think.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I wonder about this too. I guess at that point he still didn't think that she is that dangerous.

It does seems that he liked sex with her. The thing is that I personally believe that it takes two to play tango. Was Travis true gentleman who treated her with respect? Definitely not. Was she obsessed with him and used sex to make him stay with her? It looks that way. I understand woman being hurt or upset that a man sees as her just as a good sleeping buddy. I understand that, but if you are hurt and upset you don't come back for more. I don't think that there is evidence that he had pressured her for sex. Though you never know.
Nah, he didn't pressure. I think she did things that made him keep coming back for more sexually. This was her way of controlling him. I don't know if she thought eventually she'd break him down and he'd just agree to marry her too. But there's some people who believe she didn't even like him all that much romantically but it was about what he could do for her. He was a successful businessman with a lot of friends. Some believe when he rejected her and said he never wanted to see her again (as a result of something bad she did but it was never revealed) she freaked out because she was scared of her reputation and they had mutual friends. So she was more worried about being phased out of his life and looking bad in front of all these other people. Who knows.

Quote:
Delayed is the operative word I think. Honestly to me she looks like the obsessive type of person that doesn't need too much to snap. I think that they obliviously were toxic to each other. But maybe Travis was actually starting to move on and not depend that much on her. Maybe that's why she killed him. Obviously he was convenient for her while he was still happy to be with her and she knew that she had chances to make him marry her. So I guess she maybe snapped because she thought that the chances for this were vanishing.
I think so too. She moved back to CA when it seemed like he was moving on. She even admits that their communication was becoming less and less too.

Yes, delayed is definitely the best word because I don't think she was ever going to let him go. One way or another, she'd make him pay.

Quote:
He definitely liked it. Unfortunately it ended really bad. And I just feel both for him (he definitely suffered) and especially for his family and relatives.
Agreed. His family had to sit through two trials and all that horrific evidence. It had to be gut wrenching.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread