Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Shelby, who are those kids who keep running in front of the camera?
Haha just random kids it was at a performance in Gustine for their homecoming celebration thing.

Last edited by cowgirl08; 06-01-2011 at 11:52 AM
Old 06-03-2011, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Taryn, how are you feeling?

I hope this brings a chuckle to everyone......

Shampoo alert!

As I was conditioning my hair in the shower this morning, I took time to read my shampoo bottle. I am in shock! The shampoo I use in the shower that runs down my entire body says "for extra volume and body"! Seriously, why have I not noticed this before? Now I understand why I am so "full-figured"!

Tomorrow I am going to start using "Dawn" dish soap. It says right on the label "dissolves fat that is otherwise difficult to remove."

It pays to read the warning labels my friends!
Old 06-03-2011, 09:14 AM
Master Fan

Lol, Betty.

Any weekend plans, anyone? I'm on the bus to my alma mater right now for reunion. But I just found out they're casting a movie in a nearby city to home tomorrow. Seriously, why do I keep on having sucky timing when it comes to movies being filmed in my area? First, it was The Other Guys. I was there for the open call, but filming was to start the day I left for California (and subsequently, New Zealand). Now I'm not there for the open call. One of these days, I better have better luck.
I made my icon.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:15 AM
Master Fan

Nice.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:17 AM
Addicted Fan

I'm doing good Betty, thanks for asking. It's just really busy here now with the kids out of school. I pop in a couple of times a day but don't always have time (or the energy) to post LOL.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl (View Post)
Lol, Betty.

Any weekend plans, anyone? I'm on the bus to my alma mater right now for reunion. But I just found out they're casting a movie in a nearby city to home tomorrow. Seriously, why do I keep on having sucky timing when it comes to movies being filmed in my area?
Yeah..that always happens to me as well...either I have no plans...or I have too many plans at the same time! A reuinion sounds like loads of fun, Gaby...and the weather has been beautiful.

Shelby...I'm happy to amuse.

Taryn, your kids are out of school already??!
Old 06-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Addicted Fan

Yes, Tuesday was their last day. Technically school ends tomorrow (yes, Saturday - makeup days) but Dana didn't have to go the days of semester tests and the elementary wasn't taking attendance at all this week so I didn't send the boys either.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:54 AM
Master Fan

Good to hear you are doing well Taryn.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Master Fan

I made it to Allentown safely
I made my icon.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Taryn, your kids get out very early. We don't get out until June 22nd.

Gaby...glad to hear you're safe and sound.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
I'm doing good Betty, thanks for asking. It's just really busy here now with the kids out of school. I pop in a couple of times a day but don't always have time (or the energy) to post LOL.
Glad to hear that! We all get that some days...or some weeks. Do you have any big plans for the kids in summer, like camp or trips or anything like that?
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 06-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Addicted Fan

Today was actually the last day of school, but this past week and a half was just makeup days from the missed days this past winter, and once Dana was finished (she didn't have to go the days they had semester tests) I told the boys they didn't have to go either. They already had their report cards and the teachers had made it a point to let everyone know there wouldn't be any attendance taken this week, - in other words, don't send them unless you have to. Heh. Hubby has them at a local amusement park today, they'll be home soon to eat supper and then we'll all head back out - the boys are going to my sister's house while hubby, Dana and I go back to the park for a concert. (Skillet!!!! Can't wait.)

Quote:
Taryn, your kids get out very early. We don't get out until June 22nd.
(Stupid post button. I wasn't finished yet.)

What day do you guys go back, though? We start back August 15. A lot of schools that get out later don't start till after Labor Day, so just curious.

Summer plans - our summer is pretty much packed. Kids have two different church camps, plus Dana's old enough for Teen camp this year too. Boys have a cub scout camp, and Dana will be able to go the two days that hubby's off work and can volunteer at that. At least one of the local VBS weeks overlaps with our church's VBS, but we'll still be able to make it to at least two VBS's around here. And with hubby's work schedule, he'll be able to take the kids to the amusement park at least a couple of times (he and Dana have season passes and they come with a few free day passes for friends).

We're also really, really, really hoping it works out that we can move over the summer. There's a house available in behind the kids' school that's quite a bit bigger than what we're in now that we're looking at. It would be 6.5 miles from the school (rather than over 14 like we are now) and a little bit closer to hubby's work as well. It sits on 10 acres and while it's still in the woods, I would have a REAL YARD with ACTUAL GRASS instead of rocks, leaves, and bare dirt. The kids would each have their own bedroom plus there's a spare bedroom as well. Two bathrooms. Living room, family room, AND den. A nice, flat driveway and dirt road leading to nowhere that the kids could ride their bikes on. It sounds like heaven.

Last edited by Taryn74; 06-04-2011 at 02:05 PM
Old 06-04-2011, 06:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Summer plans - our summer is pretty much packed. Kids have two different church camps, plus Dana's old enough for Teen camp this year too. Boys have a cub scout camp, and Dana will be able to go the two days that hubby's off work and can volunteer at that. At least one of the local VBS weeks overlaps with our church's VBS, but we'll still be able to make it to at least two VBS's around here. And with hubby's work schedule, he'll be able to take the kids to the amusement park at least a couple of times (he and Dana have season passes and they come with a few free day passes for friends).
Sounds great, Taryn. For the kids...and you not having to have them all around all the time. Although since they amuse you so much, luckily they will be around a bunch too so you'll have more hilarious stories to share, heh.

Quote:
We're also really, really, really hoping it works out that we can move over the summer. There's a house available in behind the kids' school that's quite a bit bigger than what we're in now that we're looking at. It would be 6.5 miles from the school (rather than over 14 like we are now) and a little bit closer to hubby's work as well. It sits on 10 acres and while it's still in the woods, I would have a REAL YARD with ACTUAL GRASS instead of rocks, leaves, and bare dirt. The kids would each have their own bedroom plus there's a spare bedroom as well. Two bathrooms. Living room, family room, AND den. A nice, flat driveway and dirt road leading to nowhere that the kids could ride their bikes on. It sounds like heaven.
That does sound great!! All the SUPER DUPER good luck in the world. We're all rooting for you to get it!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 06-04-2011, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
What day do you guys go back, though? We start back August 15. A lot of schools that get out later don't start till after Labor Day, so just curious.
That explains it. Our kids go back the Tuesday after Labor Day.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

My nieces finish up the school year this Thursday.

Randomness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby
Well yeah I mean it can get humid just like it can anywhere else particularly after the storms come through its real humid then. But storms come and the temp drops usually so its kinda a give and take thing. But yeah sure it can be both humid and hot especially in East Texas in Houston you pretty much start sweating before you leave the house....yeah not my favorite city.
LOL! Houston, because of the weather only or do you have other reasons for that comment?

Quote:
Haha I was just trying to calm you down a wee bit...apparently it didnt work but hey its only 103 right now.
LOL.

Quote:
Ummm Hot, Hot, and Hot? Its more a matter of what kind of heat because all parts get the high temps its just like this: West Texas gets a very dry heat, East Texas a very humid heat, central and south kinda a mix of both.
I could certainly be just fine in west Texas, then. Dry heat doesn't bother me one bit.

Quote:
2%er
LOL!

Quote:
Haha nah I mean rodeo is here for sure but its not like EVERYONE does it, in our highschool there were about 8 or 9 of us that were serious about it then maybe 10others that did it here and there for fun. But what keeps soccer from being king here is football for guys and basketball for girls.
Is basketball all year? I mean, I managed to play both soccer and basketball because of the different seasons. Winter was all about basketball. Summer/Fall was all about soccer. Spring, I had a slight break but trained a lot during this time period, still playing both sports casually or if special tournaments came up I played during this time as well. But as far as high school specifically was concerned, I was easily able to separate both sports, being completely involved in both during their specific time periods/seasons, not having to sacrifice one for the other in the least.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread