Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2011, 03:47 PM
Addicted Fan

Truly gorgeous shot, Shelby!
Old 05-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Awesome! You have a ton of land it seems. Where are your horses located?

I definitely could get used to that view and backyard.
That's actually my "front yard" we live out of town though so the whole front yard back yard thing isn't really a set thing lol. Yeah those trees seperate us and the dirt road you have to drive through them to get to our house. You can kinda see my poor lil car and then our horse trailer is over there as well but the horses are out in the pasture which is a 180 from where this pic faces. Yeah we have a decent amount about 44 acres if I remember correctly.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby
That's actually my "front yard" we live out of town though so the whole front yard back yard thing isn't really a set thing lol. Yeah those trees seperate us and the dirt road you have to drive through them to get to our house. You can kinda see my poor lil car and then our horse trailer is over there as well but the horses are out in the pasture which is a 180 from where this pic faces. Yeah we have a decent amount about 44 acres if I remember correctly.
Yes, I see your car! The famous car!

I was wondering if that was a horse trailer.

Wow you have a ton of land! That's so awesome.

So, do you have neighbors and if so, how far away are they from you?

I can just "feel" the area that you live in. It seems so peaceful and gorgeous.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Master Fan

Welp storms passed another day another awesome picture gotta love this time of year. Here is a picture of a scary looking cloud as it kept going up and down this is taken from my porch:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Yes, I see your car! The famous car!

I was wondering if that was a horse trailer.

Wow you have a ton of land! That's so awesome.

So, do you have neighbors and if so, how far away are they from you?

I can just "feel" the area that you live in. It seems so peaceful and gorgeous.
Haha yes the FAMOUS car. LOL

Yea that would be our horse trailor spent many a night driving on the roads and sleeping in that thing.

Yeah its nice out here for sure not a huge place but plenty for our horses to graze on. Yeah we have neighbors not that far actually we have all the trees and such that seperate us though. And when we were looking for land to buy to build our house on my brother told my parents his only request was we had to be within 4wheeler distance of Trent and Tys house LOL and we are so it was a winner.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl08 (View Post)
Welp storms passed another day another awesome picture gotta love this time of year. Here is a picture of a scary looking cloud as it kept going up and down this is taken from my porch:
Wow! Yes, this was when I was thinking you were outside in the eye of the storm possibly.

That picture's incredible! So freaky. You know what's so weird is how the rest of the sky seems much lighter in appearance. I mean, remember yesterday when you asked me how far I was from the severe tornado that hit North Minneapolis yesterday afternoon? I had no clue! It was rainy in the morning here but was rather sunny after that. We are about 30/35 minutes from North Minneapolis and didn't feel a thing. Apparently this is one of the worst tornadoes to ever hit Minnesota/Wisconsin in a while. A lot of damage with many injured and one killed in Minnesota but more in western Wisconsin. Apparently, Wisconsin was nailed even worse.

Cleanup begins after deadly Minneapolis tornado | St. Cloud TIMES | sctimes.com

It's just so strange how I was sitting 30 minutes away from this destruction and I could have gone on a peaceful bike ride while it was transpiring.

Bottom line: Tornadoes are unpredictable and scary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby
Haha yes the FAMOUS car. LOL
It's like One Tree Hill... it has nine lives (9 seasons) and never dies. LOL.

Quote:
Yea that would be our horse trailor spent many a night driving on the roads and sleeping in that thing.
LOL. Where would you go with it?

Quote:
Yeah its nice out here for sure not a huge place but plenty for our horses to graze on. Yeah we have neighbors not that far actually we have all the trees and such that seperate us though. And when we were looking for land to buy to build our house on my brother told my parents his only request was we had to be within 4wheeler distance of Trent and Tys house LOL and we are so it was a winner.
Awesome. How far do the twins live from you again?

Is that your land in the picture too?
Old 05-23-2011, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I realize that tornadoes are a part of life each year..especially in certain parts of the country...BUT...what is happening this year is way above the norm.

This is horrible....

Tornado Death Toll Hits 90 in Joplin Missouri From Once In a Generation Storm - ABC News
Old 05-23-2011, 05:30 PM
Master Fan

Hello. I got my spring semester grades. Two A's (JavaScript and my online course in XML, wikis, blogs, and web apps) and one C (animation -- expected that given I had to miss the midterm due to an interview in the city and the final because I stopped going to class the last few weeks due to a full time temp job and that would have been way too much effort, but at least it's not an F or an I.. I guess the instructor wanted me to have something for the first four projects I had gotten A's on).
I made my icon.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:42 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I realize that tornadoes are a part of life each year..especially in certain parts of the country...BUT...what is happening this year is way above the norm.
Yeah it's really bad, scary stuff.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

One of my nieces and brother in law were in Oklahoma during the storm. They went there to see a friend graduate from high school. Took them two days to leave. My brother in law texted my sister and said they were moving them from the upper level to the basement/lower level of the airport. Thankfully, they were eventually able to board a plane and got home safely.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 05-26-2011, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I heard on the news this morning about a woman in Oklahoma with her 3 kids who all took shelter in her bathtub...the mom is seriously injured, one child was killed, her 18 month old is in stable condition and her 3 year old was swept out from her arms and is missing. I can't even imagine this.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I couldn't imagine what it's like living in a place where Tornados are a frequent thing
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 05-26-2011, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

According to my brother-in-law, Minnesota had the most tornadoes last summer in the entire country. That's odd, to me. Tornadoes happen here but I wouldn't call it a tornado state so last summer must have been a fluke.

The main states I think of that really get hammered are Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas (Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz!), and some southeastern southern states.

Yes, I am very scared of tornadoes and they seem to be happening at an alarming rate.

I just checked out my brother-in-laws claim (I'm sure he'd appreciate my second guessing, I still love ya, Scot LOL) and he is correct:

Quote:
Minnesota now holds a dubious weather honor.

Usually, Kansas, Texas or Oklahoma takes home the prize for most tornadoes in a year. However, this time around Minnesota gets that distinction.

The 104 twisters Minnesota saw in 2010 was tops in the nation and set a statewide record for the most ever.

On June 17th alone, 47 twisters touched down across the state.
Minnesota Had Most Tornadoes In 2010 - OzarksFirst.com

I think this proves the theory all the more that tornadoes are increasing overall, even in areas/states that are not the norm, either.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:22 PM
Master Fan

Yo, M, you gonna reply to those resent PMs?
I made my icon.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaby
Yo, M, you gonna reply to those resent PMs?
Just did, dude.

That's weird. I just replied to them, came from my box to the board and my eyes went straight to OT and saw this. LOL.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Let's try to lighten up this thread a little...

Does anyone have any fun plans for the Holiday weekend?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread