Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl (View Post)
That's exactly right. My dad has step-siblings because his dad remarried to someone who had kids from a previous marriage as well. (This was when Dad was in college, I think, or maybe in the early '70s. So Dad's parents had been divorced for quite some time before I was born.) The kids of Dad's step-siblings, therefore, would be my step-cousins.
Okay, now I understand.

Quote:
Thanks! We're leaving here on Friday the 13th (as the wedding is on the 14th and we get back here on the 15th), so I certainly hope no one is superstitious.
Certainly not me. Good luck and have fun when it happens.. if I forget to say it then.

Quote:
Oh and my step-cousins are actually closer in age to me than my flesh-and-blood cousins (that is, the kids of my dad's biological brother), so when we were younger, we felt more of a kinship to one another, you know? The one that's getting married is 3 months older than me and one of the ones I haven't seen in ages is 2 months older than me. My youngest flesh-and-blood cousin is about 10 years older than me and has 3 kids.
I understand that. It must be great to have such a big family that gets along so well! All my cousins are older than me, too... the youngest is 24 (I think?), which is only four years, but it always seemed like a lot growing up.
Nowadays it's more fun meeting all my cousins. (Including wives, two children and a husband now, though. )
Old 07-24-2010, 04:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Okay, now I understand.
Yep, a bit complicated

Quote:
Nowadays it's more fun meeting all my cousins.
Oh I agree absolutely. You have more to talk about, it's not such a big gap because you are all adults now. Some have kids, some don't. But that doesn't matter so much.
I made my icon.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:42 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Yep, a bit complicated
Hee, you can say that again!

Quote:
Oh I agree absolutely. You have more to talk about, it's not such a big gap because you are all adults now. Some have kids, some don't. But that doesn't matter so much.
Yes, that's exactly how it is. ^^
Old 07-24-2010, 04:46 PM
Master Fan

Holy ! LEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *running hugs*

No idea how much we missed you! Or maybe you do, hee, but it was A LOT!

Congrats on being done with school! What are the other things you've been busy with? Don't tell us you're cheating with another board?! *gasp*

Seriously, you coming on made what was a pretty bad day into a good one.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 07-24-2010, 04:50 PM
Master Fan

Aw, do you want to talk about the bad day, Grant?
I made my icon.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:52 PM
Master Fan

Nah. Hee. Leo coming back has made me forget most of it anyway. It was mostly a bad day for my coworker, but I just hate to see it, so it made me have a bad day too.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 07-24-2010, 05:29 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Holy ! LEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *running hugs*

No idea how much we missed you! Or maybe you do, hee, but it was A LOT!

Congrats on being done with school! What are the other things you've been busy with? Don't tell us you're cheating with another board?! *gasp*

Seriously, you coming on made what was a pretty bad day into a good one.
GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT!!!!!!!!!! King Mod is here...

Oh, I have an idea! I missed you, too! So much! But it's good to be missed... A LOT. I'm sorry, though... that you had to miss me.

Thank you!
Umm.. basically I've been busy with whining about the heat. We had over 30°C most of the time and I had to repair the computer, which was a lot to do and kept me busy (and pissed off) for weeks, because with over 30° I just couldn't work on it much, that was what I had to do before coming on line again. Then I had a lot to do in the garden, I had shopping to do and to clean up my room (which was and still is a mess after two years of just dropping tons of learning material everywhere), I had to play The Sims (), there were a few birthday parties and so on - and due to the heat it all took an eternity...
There is no other board, sweetheart. There will never be another show.

I'm so flattered that simply my appearance could make your day a good one. ³ It made my whole week to see you - and everyone here! - again, too...
Old 07-24-2010, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Gaby, do you get along with your stepmother?

'Tos, it sounds like your bosses are really tough. It's hard to see a co-worker being given a hard time. I'm sure you imagine it being you.

Quote:
oh my... I forgot to ask Betty, too! I'm sorry! How are you, Betty?
I am fantastic!! Things are great.

This is a new addition to my family....first grandchild. Her name is Lana Rose.

Old 07-24-2010, 05:48 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I am fantastic!! Things are great.
This is a new addition to my family....first grandchild. Her name is Lana Rose.

That's wonderful! What a beautiful little girl! (With a beautiful name, too!) You must be so proud! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

Gosh! She's so cute.
I love babies!
Old 07-24-2010, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks so much, Leo!! Yes, she is very cute. I love babies, too.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Gaby, do you get along with your stepmother?
I don't have a stepmother. I had a stepgrandmother because my grandfather married twice, but she died in '96. (This is why it's been hard for my step-cousins and I to get together for things. After my grandfather died, there was no living link to them and the distance is quite a bit.)

Aw to you having your first grandchild!
I made my icon.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don't have a stepmother. I had a stepgrandmother because my grandfather married twice, but she died in '96. (This is why it's been hard for my step-cousins and I to get together for things. After my grandfather died, there was no living link to them and the distance is quite a bit.
Oh, I misunderstood....I thought that you also mentioned that your dad remarried. I have to pay more attention!

Quote:
Aw to you having your first grandchild!
Thanks.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:14 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Thanks so much, Leo!! Yes, she is very cute. I love babies, too.
You're very welcome, Betty. Ohh! I can't believe you have a grandchild! That's so wonderful!
Old 07-24-2010, 06:18 PM
Master Fan

Have you warmed to the name yet, Betty? I'm starting to anyway.

Leo, that computer acted up again??! Betty, you've got to get a Nanny Chair for that thing! Hee. Sorry for the heat. It's tough to do anything in that. But yay to birthday parties. Did yours come by yet? I forget when yours is.

Seriously, having your energy on the board is the bestest thing ever.! Now, don't go away ever again! *holds tight*

I knew you would get a great grade in English, by the way. Seriously, I know English teachers are looking for different things, but your English on here is phenomenal. Economics, pshhaw. Who needs Economics? A lot of good it did for us over the last year.

Do you remember Paul (Sky_Dreamer), by the way? He posted here back when Betty and me first became mods. I heard from him the other week and he's alive! Hee. And well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaby
Makes sense. I'm being a little bit picky about what jobs I'm applying for at the moment (ones I'll be passionate about), but hopefully I'll get something before I get too desperate and apply for jobs left and right. Then again it's possible I'm missing out on some great jobs because they're not saying what the industry is or what the employer is in the listing
Oh, Craigslist, eh? I both love and loath that thing, heh. Every job or interview I've had has been from there. But, yeah, when at least 60% of the job listings don't even bother to have what the industry is...it's very frustrating. I think you're doing the right thing, though. I tried to do that too, but couldn't wait anymore and just had to have something. But now that I do have something, I have a little of the luxury to be picky again.

I did go to one job fair, yes. Good memory! As far as tips, I probably won't be much help. Mine didn't work out so well. There's SO many people, it's really hard to differentiate yourself. So, one, I think, is to make sure your resume lets you stand out from the pack. But most importantly, if you get a chance to talk to some of the recruiters, definitely do that. Ask lots of questions, and just make sure that they'll remember you, because they'll talk to so many people. Yeah, that wasn't very helpful, was it? I know just the basics, clearly.

And Taryn, don't think we've forgotten you! Let us know how the Earthdawn game goes tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn
We just got in from spending the evening with friends at their condo (with a pool). Kids had so much fun!
Aw, fun! Did you go into the pool as well? I think I need one right now, heh.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:04 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Leo, that computer acted up again??! Betty, you've got to get a Nanny Chair for that thing! Hee.
No, the new one did! Me and computers. A Nanny Chair for my computer...? (I'm sorry, what does that mean? )

Quote:
Sorry for the heat. It's tough to do anything in that.
It really is tough. I 'm really not used to heat, I never liked it. I'm a child of my region, it's not supposed to be hot up here.

Quote:
But yay to birthday parties. Did yours come by yet? I forget when yours is.
Hee. You didn't forget, don't be embarrassed. I never talked about my birthday. Consciously so. I turned twenty last winter... that's all you're getting out of me.

Quote:
Seriously, having your energy on the board is the bestest thing ever.! Now, don't go away ever again! *holds tight*
Hee, it's good to hear so many nice things! I'll try not to... I don't see any reason to right now. So don't worry. *pats 'Tos on the head*

Quote:
I knew you would get a great grade in English, by the way. Seriously, I know English teachers are looking for different things, but your English on here is phenomenal.
Thank you so much. The English skills are important for the grade as well... even if it was an advanced class, it still is a foreign language, it does count greatly when you're good at it.

Quote:
Economics, pshhaw. Who needs Economics? A lot of good it did for us over the last year.
Exactly! That's why my two topics had nothing to do with economics, but only with politics.

Quote:
Do you remember Paul (Sky_Dreamer), by the way? He posted here back when Betty and me first became mods. I heard from him the other week and he's alive! Hee. And well!
I do remember him. Unfortunately not so well anymore. But it's good that he's well.

Last edited by Abomasum; 07-24-2010 at 07:35 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread