Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2018, 07:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I figured as much, Jerry. It's not fair to you at all. Since you're a salaried employee, and you have to work weekends sometimes, you should get some sort of extra perk such as working from home more the coming week or an extra day off here and there. It's just not fair to you. I understand your frustration.

My mom used to work sometimes 16 hours a day but that was mostly because she wanted to. She was a salaried employee too. She couldn't leave until she felt comfortable due to so many things that would come up in one day. This was when she worked in hospital administration. She complained about guys like the employee you are talking about who took advantage of the system and others suffered the consequences as a result.
Thanks Michelle. Yes, it's really frustrating especially since this guy in the shop has done this several times. He's also a liar. One of the times he told my boss that I didn't do a calculation for him when I had done it but we needed a clarification on how much the pump needed to pump from the salesman before I could complete my calculation, so the guy lied so he could work on Saturday and he made it look like I had dropped the ball when I didn't. So I just can't stand the sight of this guy because he's a liar and a con-artist and my boss is too spineless to stand up for me and tell this guy's boss what he's doing.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 02-03-2018, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
That profile test I took yesterday was so accurate.
I love personality tests. I've taken several and they've all come up ENFJ for me. They are very accurate!

Sorry about the work situation. It's sad that some bad apples (or even one) can ruin a work experience. I will never understand why someone would call out another person to their boss. This has happened even among teachers. I can understand if it is something severe like treating a child poorly, by all means you need to speak up. Or at least confront the person being unethical. But sometimes it's just tattling and untruths. For what purpose? To make yourself look like you are doing so much work? That's annoying.
Old 02-03-2018, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Thanks Michelle. Yes, it's really frustrating especially since this guy in the shop has done this several times. He's also a liar. One of the times he told my boss that I didn't do a calculation for him when I had done it but we needed a clarification on how much the pump needed to pump from the salesman before I could complete my calculation, so the guy lied so he could work on Saturday and he made it look like I had dropped the ball when I didn't. So I just can't stand the sight of this guy because he's a liar and a con-artist and my boss is too spineless to stand up for me and tell this guy's boss what he's doing.
Wow what a creep! Does your boss realize in that one instance he manipulated the situation (wrongly blaming you) for his gain even if he didn’t have the common sense or courage to tell his boss? Awful! You would think his very own boss would question why he’s always having to work OT. I’m sure you can’t stand the sight of him and rightfully so!
Old 02-03-2018, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Wow what a creep! Does your boss realize in that one instance he manipulated the situation (wrongly blaming you) for his gain even if he didn’t have the common sense or courage to tell his boss? Awful! You would think his very own boss would question why he’s always having to work OT. I’m sure you can’t stand the sight of him and rightfully so!
I know that my boss realized it because I told him what happened but he pretty much dismissed what I said and he asked me to do the calculation because he called the salesman and got the clarification over how much the pump needed to pump. My boss doesn't like confrontation and he's basically spineless, so here I am on a Saturday having to work. I'm going to stay home one day next week to make up for this.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 02-03-2018, 09:16 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing the sun (View Post)
I love personality tests. I've taken several and they've all come up ENFJ for me. They are very accurate!

Sorry about the work situation. It's sad that some bad apples (or even one) can ruin a work experience. I will never understand why someone would call out another person to their boss. This has happened even among teachers. I can understand if it is something severe like treating a child poorly, by all means you need to speak up. Or at least confront the person being unethical. But sometimes it's just tattling and untruths. For what purpose? To make yourself look like you are doing so much work? That's annoying.
Thanks Cece.

Yes, that's why he does it. To make himself look like he's working so hard but he can't get his work done during the week because we're not giving him the information that he needs. What gets me too is that doing the calculations for the shop isn't even my job anymore but the guy who's supposed to do them is away and even if he wasn't away he refuses to work on the weekends so then I have to do it.

Old 02-03-2018, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I know that my boss realized it because I told him what happened but he pretty much dismissed what I said and he asked me to do the calculation because he called the salesman and got the clarification over how much the pump needed to pump. My boss doesn't like confrontation and he's basically spineless, so here I am on a Saturday having to work. I'm going to stay home one day next week to make up for this.
At least he knows you're not to blame, spineless and all, even though it's still frustrating. It would be even more frustrating if he didn't believe you. Still, I am sorry you're stuck working on a Saturday when you could be doing a million other things on your day off. Good! Absolutely stay home one day next week to make up for this. You better!

Do you guys have plans for tonight once you're done working?
Old 02-03-2018, 10:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah, the difference between how you both handled it (he did so emotionally/superficially, you did so with pure facts and substance) is night and day.
Exactly! I know what he will say. He will say that I am not collaborative enough that I have not written good documentation and this is why they don't know the project.

Quote:
Why would they give the salary raise if it's bothersome? I am sure he took your comment as a true threat and just exploded... Cancer Water sign... he just didn't take it great and then overreacted.
I am pretty sure they were not asked about the salary . Well yeah the world exploded. Luckily I have the support of my mother, my best friend, former co-worker and few co-workers at work and you. This is definitely helpful.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Thanks Cece.

Yes, that's why he does it. To make himself look like he's working so hard but he can't get his work done during the week because we're not giving him the information that he needs. What gets me too is that doing the calculations for the shop isn't even my job anymore but the guy who's supposed to do them is away and even if he wasn't away he refuses to work on the weekends so then I have to do it.
Your boss is a real jerk Jerry ! You know following my boss you could file a complaint too . This just sucks so much for you .
Old 02-03-2018, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Quote:
At least he knows you're not to blame, spineless and all, even though it's still frustrating. It would be even more frustrating if he didn't believe you. Still, I am sorry you're stuck working on a Saturday when you could be doing a million other things on your day off. Good! Absolutely stay home one day next week to make up for this. You better!

Do you guys have plans for tonight once you're done working?
Thanks! I'm going to grill some Rib-Eye Steaks and then we'll just relax and maybe watch a movie.

Old 02-03-2018, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Your boss is a real jerk Jerry ! You know following my boss you could file a complaint too . This just sucks so much for you .
Good luck with everything at work Koni. I hope that it all works out for you.

Old 02-03-2018, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Exactly! I know what he will say. He will say that I am not collaborative enough that I have not written good documentation and this is why they don't know the project.

I am pretty sure they were not asked about the salary . Well yeah the world exploded. Luckily I have the support of my mother, my best friend, former co-worker and few co-workers at work and you. This is definitely helpful.
I know things will work out for the best, whether you remain there or move on and get something better. These things have a way of working out.

What is your mom specifically saying?
Old 02-03-2018, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Thanks! I'm going to grill some Rib-Eye Steaks and then we'll just relax and maybe watch a movie.
Yum, can I join you guys if a hop a plane now? I can bring Buddy and Goldie & Buddy will have a blast together too.

Haha, your night sounds wonderful! Enjoy!
Old 02-03-2018, 10:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Good luck with everything at work Koni. I hope that it all works out for you.
Thanks ! I think that it finally hit me and now I am about to breakdown. I think that I will write a long essay how much I hate them to release my feelings .
Old 02-03-2018, 10:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I know things will work out for the best, whether you remain there or move on and get something better. These things have a way of working out.

What is your mom specifically saying?
My mother is on my side. She says that I have chances to win this and she says that at least for now it seems that the CTO and the manager are on my side.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Yum, can I join you guys if a hop a plane now? I can bring Buddy and Goldie & Buddy will have a blast together too.
Sure! We'll pick you both up at the airport!

Quote:
Haha, your night sounds wonderful! Enjoy!
Thanks!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread