Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2014, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl08 (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 09-22-2014, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieScott (View Post)
I really wouldn't mind if you guys moved onto 105. No problem at all. If you're all ready, please feel free. I love watching more than one episode in a row anyway.
I know what you mean about wanting to watch more than one episode at a time!!

Okay...we will move onto episode 5 and I'll change the title of the thread...
Old 09-22-2014, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode 1.5

Dan's new wife: I can see that she is a woman who is caring and has some warmth and integrity. What I can't see is how a woman with these attributes could marry someone like Dan. He is good looking...I'll give him that..but! How can any decent woman want to marry a man who would not recognize his child? Not only does he not recognize his child...but he verbally insults him every chance he has. How could any woman want to have a child with a man like this? How could she expect him to be a decent father?

Dan:
What the hell is wrong with him? This guy is in serious need of a psychiatrist! Competing with his own son...to the point of nearly injuring him severely?!? He's lucky Nathan did not break his back!

Peyton: I finally understand why she is so serious and moody and often...miserable! Poor girl! No mom....so sad.
I am so very happy that she got the running red lights out of her system!! That was difficult to watch!!
Peyton is so lost. I'm glad she's sticking to her guns regarding Nathan. He believed she would have folded by now and she hasn't.

Nathan:
I am starting to feel some sympathy toward him...poor guy having a dad like that! How would one expect him to be!?
He is seeing something brewing between Peyton and Lucas, but he and Haley are definitely brewing as well. Haley had not removed that bracelet, and he admitted that he has "talked" to Haley more than he ever has with Peyton.
Obviously he and Peyton are not soulmates. He and Haley possibly are.

Whitey: What a wonderful man. His talk with Peyton was lovely and I believe very helpful! Hey..she stopped driving through red lights!!

I love this show!
Old 09-22-2014, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Will respond and watch tonight since my lap blew up and I'm just on my phone!

Betty, great thoughts. Dan is disgusting. So true about Deb and how she puts up with Dan. I didn't understand that either.

I love how Mark foreshadowed the red lights in 1.4. He showed Peyton drawing red lights. That was a heartbreaking storyline with the red lights. Peyton definitely is upset over her mom and I think that's why she was with Nathan. But it's why Lucas intrigues her... he is the real deal and it does scare her even if she has clearly fallen for him.

Whitey rules.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 09-22-2014, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 09-22-2014, 12:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Episode 1.5

Dan's new wife: I can see that she is a woman who is caring and has some warmth and integrity. What I can't see is how a woman with these attributes could marry someone like Dan. He is good looking...I'll give him that..but! How can any decent woman want to marry a man who would not recognize his child? Not only does he not recognize his child...but he verbally insults him every chance he has. How could any woman want to have a child with a man like this? How could she expect him to be a decent father?

Dan:
What the hell is wrong with him? This guy is in serious need of a psychiatrist! Competing with his own son...to the point of nearly injuring him severely?!? He's lucky Nathan did not break his back!

Peyton: I finally understand why she is so serious and moody and often...miserable! Poor girl! No mom....so sad.
I am so very happy that she got the running red lights out of her system!! That was difficult to watch!!
Peyton is so lost. I'm glad she's sticking to her guns regarding Nathan. He believed she would have folded by now and she hasn't.

Nathan:
I am starting to feel some sympathy toward him...poor guy having a dad like that! How would one expect him to be!?
He is seeing something brewing between Peyton and Lucas, but he and Haley are definitely brewing as well. Haley had not removed that bracelet, and he admitted that he has "talked" to Haley more than he ever has with Peyton.
Obviously he and Peyton are not soulmates. He and Haley possibly are.

Whitey: What a wonderful man. His talk with Peyton was lovely and I believe very helpful! Hey..she stopped driving through red lights!!

I love this show!
I really love reading your thoughts! It's so fun to have you watching for the first time. There is a lot more to come with Deb (Dan's wife) and it's all very exciting.

Peyton/Whitey so very sweet! I was so glad Peyton was finally opening up a bit and realizing staying with Nathan wasn't right for her.
Old 09-22-2014, 01:56 PM
Master Fan

Episode 1.5

My thoughts:

1x5

Aww the Peyton stoplight scene ☹

Well don’t you feel bad about yourself now Lucas.

Glad Peyton is sticking to her guns. One is good for her, two unless someone stops allowing him to get away with being a douche he will keep doing it.

Eeeek Peyton losing it. Tough week for her, been there.

“Since Nathan and I broke up I figured I had room for a new bad habit.” Lol

“It’s not fair.” Guh that scene. What a brilliant way of showing Peyton’s inner struggle with the loss of her mom. The redlights, just wow so powerful.

“Whatever you need.” Nathan is so much more likeable in scenes with Haley just saying.

Lucas asking Keith, love it. He is his father aside from blood.

Aww Luke such a sweetheart. “Don’t ruin it.”

“It’s the best it ever was for me” Dan that’s the problem. So despressing.

Nathan I know you are trying but you are missing the boat on this one…..the last thing she wants to hear about is how you DON’T want to hang with your mom, when all she wants is to be able to.

Dan get over yourself.

“Nice bracelet.” He has a point Haley…..why are you still wearing that if it’s nothing.

OMG DAN! He is your son!

Aww Luke helps him up.

Love seeing Nathan stick up for himself.

Response to Betty's

Quote:

No kidding, she takes love is blind to a whole new level. Someone that has seen the series more than once can probably better answer this......but I feel like this issue is touched on at some point? There are so many seasons I can't remember to be honest.

Quote:

Dan:
He truly is a despicable character isn't he? They certainly came out of the gates making you want to hate him, and boy do they succeed. I have sadly seen parents like this though when I was in high school. I was blessed with supportive parents who other than yelling at the refs haha didn't get crazy like that with sports. BUT a good friend and teammate of mine, her parents were much different. She would sleep at our house after games sometimes even when we won because she wanted to avoid their wrath over her not making a shot or turning it over once despite how well she played. We would always make excuses like its a school project, or big test to study for after the game, or team slumber party, etc. so she could stay. My parents knew we were lying but given the circumstances they let it slide. It's sad really, these parents that never found a way to move on from the high of high school sports glory and try to relive it through their kids.

Also as much as Dan likes to harp on Whitey being mad he threw the state championship game......that is a clear sign of misdirection to me because clearly Dan feels insane regret over all of that.

Quote:
This whole episode was done so beautifully in terms of Peyton's mom. The scene with her and Whitey is perfect.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I really love reading your thoughts! It's so fun to have you watching for the first time.
Thanks, Jamie!! I do feel lucky enjoying the show for the first time. I have to control myself from marathoning it!

Quote:
“Whatever you need.” Nathan is so much more likeable in scenes with Haley just saying.
He is....isn't he? He's like a different person when he is with Haley.

Quote:
Lucas asking Keith, love it. He is his father aside from blood.
Hard to believe that Keith and Dan are spawned from the same parents.
How sweet was it that Lucas decided to keep Scott as his name...

Quote:
Aww Luke helps him up.
I loved that...

Quote:
Aww Luke such a sweetheart. “Don’t ruin it
That was a beautiful scene! Luke scored a home run with Peyton there.

Quote:
He truly is a despicable character isn't he? They certainly came out of the gates making you want to hate him, and boy do they succeed.
I can't imagine Dan ever being likable! Do the writers ever make him likable??
Old 09-22-2014, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Are you starting to like him around Haley?

Quote:
Lucas and Peyton own my soul. Man, I love them.

Quote:
If you want to know, we can tell you but maybe it's best for you to watch and see how things evolve. But I will say it's a slow process with Dan no matter what.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
Are you starting to like him around Haley?
I am.

Quote:
If you want to know, we can tell you but maybe it's best for you to watch and see how things evolve. But I will say it's a slow process with Dan no matter what.
I'll be patient and wait. lol
Old 09-22-2014, 06:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Thanks, Jamie!! I do feel lucky enjoying the show for the first time. I have to control myself from marathoning it!
You have more self control than me, I know I would be half way through S1 by now .

Quote:
I know right. It's almost hard to believe, I mean is it him faking it to get back at Lucas or does he actually have a soul! I distinctly remember having this battle when I watched it for the first time haha.

Quote:
Hard to believe that Keith and Dan are spawned from the same parents.
How sweet was it that Lucas decided to keep Scott as his name...
No kidding, similar to Nathan and Lucas I suppose. Just shows how a simple game that is suppose to be fun can change your life for the worse. As Keith sad he never was much of a player so he never became the delusional soul Dan did.

Quote:
That he did. A grand slam even, he barely knows her yet he was the only one (aside from Whitey) that actually realized what was going on with her.

Quote:
Oh wouldn't you like to know mauahahahaha
Old 09-22-2014, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

- The look on Lucas' face when he anticipated seeing Peyton's strip was... trueeeee loveeee.

- Oh Nathan, Peyton is so done with you, dude. lol So funny how he doesn't think so.

- Keith is such a decent, good guy.

- Notice how Peyton freaked out during practice and when Nathan approaches Brooke on Peyton's whereabouts, how does Brooke react? She never said she was worried about Peyton, nothing like that. The self centered witch (sorry she is) made it ALL about her, acting ticked off that Peyton had the nerve to go "psycho on her" at practice. Oh yes, Brooke, everything is about you, it's all about you, nevermind that your best friend is struggling with something and how dare you make it about you, as usual! Just gross.

- Whitey and Peyton at the cemetery is just so awesome. Hilarie looks so beautiful in that scene. Whitey's words are so touching. What a guy.

- Nathan and Haley are evolving! You just see the peanut butter and jelly.

- Oh, these Peyton/Whitey scenes are so gorgeous, I totally forgot about how beautiful these scenes are.

- The Lucas/Peyton scene on the bridge is...

- I wonder why Nathan wants Peyton back so much. I can't figure out why. Is he afraid of being alone? I wonder what the reason is.

- Dan was such a prick during the game. Wow. I remember the moments playing basketball and having daughter/parents night. Awe, the memories. Thankfully, my dad is more like Keith, haha.

- The moment when Lucas helped Nathan up was actually the very first ever "moment" between Lucas and Nathan. Of course, Nathan blew it a bit with his reaction but it was the very first time that the two brothers sort of came together against their dad.

- Peyton was so going to school for Lucas.

- Where was Brooke while Peyton struggled all episode long? She was ticked, made it about her, and never fricken bothered to see if Peyton was okay.

Last edited by jediwands; 09-22-2014 at 08:21 PM
Old 09-22-2014, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I just saw this... Sophia wrote this to Hilarie in July:

Apparently they are still close which is so awesome to see.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:39 PM
Master Fan

Aww cute.