Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2014, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I remember posting with her...I thinks he had a different username back then though I miss the days ... and nights of being on the forums for hours talking back and fourth like we were just sitting next to each other and not being in different countries, continents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Aww now I really feel transported ack in time. I remember watching it wih her and tge other lp girls. Those were some fun times.
I remember our countdowns during the week and how every little preview would give us at least one whole thread of discussions. We had a nice group, most of us really clicked with each other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
And yes, Brooke only gets worse in season 1 due to this very issue and how she treats Peyton.
I can't get how Brooke saw herself as a good friend when she treated Peyton like her lapdog. When it came to Lucas, it was all a game to her. Well everything was a game to her. She held onto everything like it was some prize after winning a medal. She never knew how to treat anything with pride. She'd discard it after it was done. I can't see how Peyton could defend Brooke's actions. I get the only child and parents are away and just throw money at her, but really, sometimes one must take responsibility for their actions. Brooke...did not.

Quote:
Even Nathan for as horrible as he has been in season 1 sees what's going on between Lucas and Peyton.
Nathan knew and I will say respected Peyton's love for Lucas. He could see they were really falling for each other. And I think that was part of the reason he backed off. He knew there was something there that he couldn't come between. And well, Nathan was falling for a girl named Haley at the time too

Brooke never respected anyone's feelings, she never knew how anyone could have feelings because all she cared about was herself. And she used the insecurities as some of thing to explain why she did the things she did. And people either felt sorry for her situation or just didn't want to see her whine about it that they did whatever she wanted.

It may get back in Season 1 but it was far worse in Season 4. Really disgusting how Brooke acts.
{EphramAmy}
patricia

Last edited by break the window; 09-21-2014 at 06:46 PM
Old 09-21-2014, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
I never knew OTH existed until midway through Season 1. I didn't have the WB, only an affiliate through NBC that aired at 2:30am on Thursday Night, so I caught it then. But it wasn't until the season 1 finale that I started watching...great time to watch, huh! I don't think I realized that when I watched the Season 1 finale that it was the finale. So when the repeats came on, I was totally confused about who was who and which character did what. But I caught on quickly
What a story! Did you become a Lucas/Peyton & Nathan/Haley fan immediately?

Quote:
I think LP has the most threads of any thread on I really think half of those threads were made during Seasons 4,5 and 6. We had some major blowouts...er...discussions
I wish I would have been around then! I posted on the Lucas/Peyton thread back in seasons 1/2.

Wow about Lucas/Peyton having the most threads of any thread at FF. Seriously, that just goes to show how much Lucas/Peyton meant to so many. I just love them.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I can't get how Brooke saw herself as a good friend when she treated Peyton like her lapdog. When it came to Lucas, it was all a game to her. Well everything was a game to her. She held onto everything like it was some prize after winning a medal. She never knew how to treat anything with pride. She'd discard it after it was done. I can't see how Peyton could defend Brooke's actions. I get the only child and parents are away and just throw money at her, but really, sometimes one must take responsibility for their actions. Brooke...did not.
Wow, preach it, Patricia. I couldn't agree with you more, everything you said is so bang on. Brooke was absolutely horrible to Peyton and IT WAS just a game to her.

Peyton defended Brooke because Peyton actually had decency and a heart. Brooke was without both for a very long time. She is everything you said. I couldn't agree more!

Quote:
Nathan knew and I will say respected Peyton's love for Lucas. He could see they were really falling for each other. And I think that was part of the reason he backed off. He knew there was something there that he couldn't come between. And well, Nathan was falling for a girl named Haley at the time too
Exactly! That's so true, you could see the defeat in Nathan's eyes when he watched Lucas/Peyton. He knew what was going on. It was just perfect that both Lucas/Peyton and Nathan/Haley had their story from very early on. It evolved and grew. Their stories were very different as far as how they got from point a to point b to point c but in the end, it was the same. Just beautiful.

Quote:
Brooke never respected anyone's feelings, she never knew how anyone could have feelings because all she cared about was herself. And she used the insecurities as some of thing to explain why she did the things she did. And people either felt sorry for her situation or just didn't want to see her whine about it that they did whatever she wanted.

It may get back in Season 1 but it was far worse in Season 4. Really disgusting how Brooke acts.
A-Freaken Men!!!!!! Right on.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
What a story! Did you become a Lucas/Peyton & Nathan/Haley fan immediately?
Nathan/Haley fan first. I wasn't sure about Lucas/Peyton, tbh. I knew that Chad/Sophia were a couple irl, so I wanted to see them together at first, then I saw the story of LP and saw that Brooke wasn't the girl that Lucas needed in his life.

Quote:
Wow, preach it, Patricia. I couldn't agree with you more, everything you said is so bang on. Brooke was absolutely horrible to Peyton and IT WAS just a game to her.
The worst thing was she acted like everything was everyone else's fault. she never took blame for anything. Like she just HAPPENED to get drunk and sleep with random guys to be named that kind of girl. And no one bought insecurities on but herself. She just had to have everything. She treated Lucas like some prize that her and Peyton were fighting over at some carnival game event. I lost, well, never really had respect for Brooke in Season 1

Quote:
Exactly! That's so true, you could see the defeat in Nathan's eyes when he watched Lucas/Peyton. He knew what was going on. It was just perfect that both Lucas/Peyton and Nathan/Haley had their story from very early on. It evolved and grew. Their stories were very different as far as how they got from point a to point b to point c but in the end, it was the same. Just beautiful.
And that fueled Nathan's hate at the beginning of Lucas as well. Lucas had Peyton. Originally, they never played for a spot on the basketball team. Nathan nor Lucas could predict who would be on the team, that was entirely Whitey's decision. In the pilot, Peyton asked what they were playing for, Nathan simply said "you" and Peyton stopped dead in her tracks, never trying to fight for her relationship with Nathan. It was over the minute Lucas stepped into her life and wouldn't let go.
{EphramAmy}
patricia

Last edited by break the window; 09-21-2014 at 07:43 PM
Old 09-21-2014, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Nathan/Haley fan first. I wasn't sure about Lucas/Peyton, tbh. I knew that Chad/Sophia were a couple irl, so I wanted to see them together at first, then I saw the story of LP and saw that Brooke wasn't the girl that Lucas needed in his life.
That makes sense. Yes, the Lucas/Peyton story was there from day 1... the comet, the car. Mark did a terrific job of establishing Lucas/Peyton and Nathan/Haley as THE couples of his series. For me, it didn't matter seeing Lucas/Brooke together (well, it annoyed me since I didn't ship the pairing) because I wasn't threatened. The Lucas/Peyton story was way too strong to feel threatened.

Quote:
The worst thing was she acted like everything was everyone else's fault. she never took blame for anything. Like she just HAPPENED to get drunk and sleep with random guys to be named that kind of girl. And no one bought insecurities on but herself. She just had to have everything. She treated Lucas like some prize that her and Peyton were fighting over at some carnival game event. I lost, well, never really had respect for Brooke in Season 1
I couldn't agree with you more. No one can convince me that Brooke didn't know Peyton had feelings for Lucas in season 1, or that she had any deep feelings for him either. There's no way on earth. She did treat Lucas like a prize and when she got all pissy after Lucas and Peyton couldn't stay away from each other in season 1, I just wanted to laugh in her face over how she reacted and treated Peyton. If she would have listened to Peyton in the first place, she never would have been in that position. Or if she would have opened her eyes and not been self absorbed for two seconds she would have known. Everything was about her, and I hated how passive Peyton was around her. She tiptoed around her and didn't have to. Brooke was the one who moved in in the first place, Brooke acted like she was Juliet and Lucas was Romeo, like they shared this deep love when all it was about was lust and a game, she had absolutely no right to treat Peyton like that, none. Even later on how she reacted to Lucas/Peyton was disgusting. Everything was about her, everything.

Quote:
And that fueled Nathan's hate at the beginning of Lucas as well. Lucas had Peyton. Originally, they never played for a spot on the basketball team. Nathan nor Lucas could predict who would be on the team, that was entirely Whitey's decision. In the pilot, Peyton asked what they were playing for, Nathan simply said "you" and Peyton stopped dead in her tracks, never trying to fight for her relationship with Nathan. It was over the minute Lucas stepped into her life and wouldn't let go.
Absolutely. You are so right. Nathan really had it bad and you perfectly described why...

1. Lucas gets on the team, his team.

2. Lucas and Peyton have a connection from day 1 and Nathan knows it.

3. Lucas has a mom who is always there for him, a father figure uncle in Keith who makes Dan look like the worst father ever.

4. His grades aren't good, he is suffering over the pressure his father puts on him.

He really was so lost and confused before meeting Haley and developing a relationship with his brother.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:51 PM
Master Fan

Okay discussion topic: How do we feel about Lucas pursuing Peyton even when we knew she was with Nathan? (Try to put aside Nathan is a complete douche which is hard I know) Also without getting too spoilery, how do we feel about what Lucas does in upcoming episodes knowing clearly that Peyton and Brooke are friends?

Spoiler:
Old 09-21-2014, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i love discussion topics

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl08 (View Post)
Okay discussion topic: How do we feel about Lucas pursuing Peyton even when we knew she was with Nathan?
By the time Lucas came around, Nathan and Peyton weren't Nathan and Peyton, they were broken. So I don't see Lucas pursuing Peyton as Nathan's girlfriend that he's stepping over territory and getting at Nathan. That's not who Lucas was or wanted to be. He liked a girl, and he saw opportunity. It wasn't like Peyton gave Lucas any indication she was happy with Nathan or wanted to be with him. So I don't really consider it a thing, tbh
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-22-2014, 05:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

1. I think Lucas sensed that he had a connection with Peyton from day 1. I think Lucas sensed that Nathan and Peyton were done at this point. You could see it. The guy wouldn't even pick her up when she got stranded. I mentioned up thread that you just knew Lucas realized he was giving Peyton a ride even though Nathan was supposedly coming. He knew it. He knew Nathan/Peyton were done.

Second question:

Spoiler:

Patricia, I would love your thoughts on the second question.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Lucas got caught up in the relationship with Brooke. She was all about sex and everything physical and with all teh crap Lucas had going on with Nathan and the drama with Peyton, he wanted seomething fun and not having to work at it. So he was with Brooke for the physical stuff and wanted PEyton for the emotional stuff. So yes, he had the best of both worlds. But it wasn't Lucas' thing to know Brooke and Peyton's history, tbh, it was none of his business what happened or what did not happen between the two. HE's just a guy that is in their world, not to come in between their world.

It wasn't long until Lucas realized Brooke was just all physical and whenever she wanted something more, Lucas realized he didn't want the big stuff with Brooke...he wanted the stuff that mattered to be with Peyton.

It was up to Brooke to respect the friendship, not for Lucas to teach her how
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-22-2014, 06:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
1. I think Lucas sensed that he had a connection with Peyton from day 1. I think Lucas sensed that Nathan and Peyton were done at this point. You could see it. The guy wouldn't even pick her up when she got stranded. I mentioned up thread that you just knew Lucas realized he was giving Peyton a ride even though Nathan was supposedly coming. He knew it. He knew Nathan/Peyton were done.

Second question:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 09-22-2014, 07:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I switched it http://www.fanforum.com/78065161-post156.html after Shu was done with 1.3 because she was the last one.

So yes, everyone has seen 1.4 now except for Jamie.
Sorry guys! It's possible I may not be able to watch 104 until tomorrow with the Bears playing tonight. Feel free to skip ahead though as I can watch two in a row.

Quote:
I still can't get over how many threads Lucas/Peyton have on the OTH board. The Lucas/Peyton appreciation thread has the most threads out of any other thread on there...

2042, going on 2043 threads.

That's remarkable.
Probably the most on FF now that Gossip Girl/CB is closed.

Last edited by Jamie; 09-22-2014 at 07:40 AM
Old 09-22-2014, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl08 (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 09-22-2014, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieScott (View Post)
Sorry guys! It's possible I may not be able to watch 104 until tomorrow with the Bears playing tonight. Feel free to skip ahead though as I can watch two in a row.
Nah, that's okay, we can wait. Unless you truly don't want us to? It's totally up to you!

Quote:
Probably the most on FF now that Gossip Girl/CB is closed.
CB, yes, I am sure that thread had an enormous amount of posts/threads!

Let me check...

Defectives {CღB+1} #2392: Because "hey, anything can happen", and it did!

LP&S Scott ♥ #2042: Because I know, no matter what, it'll still be me and you against all odds

Wow, haha, amazing the number of posts on those appreciation threads! It will be interesting to see if Lucas/Peyton get by Chuck/Blair eventually considering the Gossip Girl board is closed and One Tree Hill is still open.

But yes, Chuck/Blair and Lucas/Peyton have to be the two with the most threads in FF history. Incredible!
Old 09-22-2014, 09:01 AM
Elite Fan

I really wouldn't mind if you guys moved onto 105. No problem at all. If you're all ready, please feel free. I love watching more than one episode in a row anyway.

Dan/Serena had a lot too. CB always shocked me, though. LP too, but OTH started well before GG so they have had a lot more time.

This is why I was so shocked GG closed. The board with the most posts closing? Don't get it.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler: