Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2022, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Thanks!

I'm so glad that I have all four seasons on DVD, because I can pause the episodes while I'm watching them to take notes so I can write my episode commentaries.
Right! It’s so handy. Watching online you can pause but it’s difficult and not close to how easy it is watching comfortably using your DVDs.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Now that I have them I agree! I always wanted to buy the rest but every time I looked at the price they were RIDICULOUS. Literally like 75+ dollars on amazon, what a joke ! Had to get used ones but they are in decent quality, so better than nothing!

This episode was very blah... especially compared to the last one.

I did like that we got to know more about Hannah finally and her backstory. I do get why she lied about her history and why she didnt want people feeling bad for her. But I find it so strange that she just left her father there when he's dying? I know its a slow process but I would want to at least be around him until he passed.

I thought it was a bit strange that Amy got so involved in the story but I get she was trying to help. I am with Hanna on this though, I dont really think it serves her any purpose right now to know ifs he carries the gene just yet. Maybe once she is out of school she can find that out but for now she should just try to live her life. News like that would be really depressing imo.

I liked that Bright and Ephram were talking about but the advice from Bright was so lame! Never listen to him ever plaease??? I get why Ephram was curious to see Madison, but to freaking lie to Amy about being sick and cancel their plans??? Not cool at all. Amy is the girl of his dreams and they are finally together and happy and they slept together and hes willing to ruin all this? His excuse didnt really make sense to me? Why the heck would you want to sabatoge your relationship? Its not like its been so easy and boring with them lately. I hated the fight between them and the weirdness. Can they just be happy please?

I did enjoy the Christmas themes in the episode and decorations. So pretty. Too bad it wasn't more joyful or homey feeling.

Amanda was rude in this episode. I get shes frustrated with Andy but idk, it seems shes always in a sour mood and just so willing to give up on her husband. I dont really get though she she doesnt file divorce papers? Its not like they are really still together in any sense of the word. I dont think her wanting to date again and move on is "unforgivable" like Harold said. I think the situation is understandable. But Andy shouldnt be her doctor anymore if the want to date. And like I said, Amanda should go through the channels of getting a divorce or being "separated" before she starts something new. But i dont necessarily think what they are doing is super evil or anything.

Top 5: (This was hard because everyone was annoying this episode lol)
1. Andy (good advice he gave to ephram and still wanting to help amanda)
2. Harold
3. Amy
4. Hannah

There isn't really a top 5 I dont think. Certainly not bright or ephram. not amanda. was anyone else even in the epsiode?
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Now that I have them I agree! I always wanted to buy the rest but every time I looked at the price they were RIDICULOUS. Literally like 75+ dollars on amazon, what a joke ! Had to get used ones but they are in decent quality, so better than nothing!
Definitely!

Yes, Amazon has typically always had them (or most) and sometimes as a set but the pricing can be ridiculous. What I did was constantly checked like a hawk over about a year and when a season would go on sale I’d purchase. So I didn’t get the boxed set but bought individually when one would go on sale. I was able to do this because I had other ways of watching. I just felt like I needed a copy of the series based on how it flies around certain sites without stability.

Right now the series is on HBO Max which is nice, but you can’t always count on it remaining there super long-term.

Quote:
This episode was very blah... especially compared to the last one.
Truth. Blah and at times, infuriating, lol.

Quote:
I did like that we got to know more about Hannah finally and her backstory. I do get why she lied about her history and why she didnt want people feeling bad for her. But I find it so strange that she just left her father there when he's dying? I know its a slow process but I would want to at least be around him until he passed.
I totally understand as well. Although it is funny because the minute she met Amy she had to have known Amy can be an investigative reporter and would eventually find out her secret, or at the very least, realize something wasn’t adding up.

You are right, the timing is really strange. It is funny the family is from Lakeville, Minnesota, since it borders the city I live in.

Quote:
I thought it was a bit strange that Amy got so involved in the story but I get she was trying to help. I am with Hanna on this though, I dont really think it serves her any purpose right now to know ifs he carries the gene just yet. Maybe once she is out of school she can find that out but for now she should just try to live her life. News like that would be really depressing imo.
I’m confused on this. If she carries the gene does that for sure mean she will develop the disease or does it just mean she potentially could develop the disease?

… I just looked it up…

Huntington's disease is a progressive brain disorder caused by a single defective gene on chromosome 4 — one of the 23 human chromosomes that carry a person's entire genetic code. This defect is "dominant," meaning that anyone who inherits it from a parent with Huntington's will eventually develop the disease.

So it does mean if you have the gene you most certainly will eventually develop the disease. Horrible.

Quote:
I liked that Bright and Ephram were talking about but the advice from Bright was so lame! Never listen to him ever plaease??? I get why Ephram was curious to see Madison, but to freaking lie to Amy about being sick and cancel their plans??? Not cool at all. Amy is the girl of his dreams and they are finally together and happy and they slept together and hes willing to ruin all this? His excuse didnt really make sense to me? Why the heck would you want to sabatoge your relationship? Its not like its been so easy and boring with them lately. I hated the fight between them and the weirdness. Can they just be happy please?
Agreed.

Ephram should know better by now not to listen to Bright. I guess they hadn’t been hanging out recently and there was even a possibility of not being friends ever again so maybe Ephram felt happy interacting with him. Still, Ephram knows better. The rule with Bright on girls/women is doing the opposite of his advice (especially if you’re dating his sister and he doesn’t seem to care about her either)!

Quote:
I did enjoy the Christmas themes in the episode and decorations. So pretty. Too bad it wasn't more joyful or homey feeling.
Me too. The Abbott house looked and felt extra warm.

Quote:
Amanda was rude in this episode. I get shes frustrated with Andy but idk, it seems shes always in a sour mood and just so willing to give up on her husband. I dont really get though she she doesnt file divorce papers? Its not like they are really still together in any sense of the word. I dont think her wanting to date again and move on is "unforgivable" like Harold said. I think the situation is understandable. But Andy shouldnt be her doctor anymore if the want to date. And like I said, Amanda should go through the channels of getting a divorce or being "separated" before she starts something new. But i dont necessarily think what they are doing is super evil or anything.
She definitely is moody and rather miserable. It just seems like she has one mission and that is to be with Andy no matter what. Exactly, they potentially could do it the right way even if the town would never forgive either of them. Harold was definitely right about that. The town already previously hated Andy for past behavior in their minds so imagine what they would think if they found out he was with Amanda. He’d be enemy #1 permanently. Amanda could have filed for a separation/divorce and immediately Andy doesn’t have any connection to John as a physician either. It could’ve been done properly. Like you said, her feelings and desires are understandable. They both just went about it the incorrect way which I do think is proof the both of them, for different reasons, wanted to be together to sort of punish themselves due to guilt and depression. We see how the story ends so we know that she is lying or fooling herself when she says she fell out of love with John. So I feel like both Andy and Amanda want to be together not in a genuine way. They are sort of doing it to hide and punish themselves or else they would have properly made it happen so professional lines weren’t crossed or marital affairs weren’t taking place.

Quote:
Top 5: (This was hard because everyone was annoying this episode lol)
1. Andy (good advice he gave to ephram and still wanting to help amanda)
2. Harold
3. Amy
4. Hannah

Quote:
There isn't really a top 5 I dont think. Certainly not bright or ephram. not amanda. was anyone else even in the epsiode?
Darkness and annoyance was mostly featured.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-25-2022 at 11:34 AM
Old 03-25-2022, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

well they said in the episode there was as 50% chance she would have it. I think lol.

Thanks for always replying Michelle! I do read them always, i just never usually have much to add because you say it all already haha.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
well they said in the episode there was as 50% chance she would have it. I think lol.

Thanks for always replying Michelle! I do read them always, i just never usually have much to add because you say it all already haha.
No problem.

Yes. It is a 50% chance she has the gene. I was curious if it meant she for sure would develop symptoms if she had the gene. Like if she was on the wrong side of that 50% and had the gene, did it automatically mean for sure she’d develop symptoms of the disease or is it possible just because she had the gene doesn’t necessarily mean she’d for sure develop symptoms and maybe she’d remain symptom free even with the gene. It appears if it it’s very black and white: you have the gene you WILL eventually develop symptoms.
Reply   Post New Thread