Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2022, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)

What son is over? Joe?
Yes....remember..there was a wake.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Yes....remember..there was a wake.
Indeed. That’s why I asked (mask/funeral) but since Chris and Julia were over not too long ago as well wondered if maybe they dropped by again.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Exactly. Madison haunted this season and this show like an evil spirit, waiting for the right time to wreak havoc on anyone she came in contact with.
Indeed. It’s infuriating. We couldn’t even have a season free of her the second she arrived. S1 was Colin stuff too that got annoying. Seasons 2-4 was Madison in one way or another and she would have been in the first few of S5 too.
Old 03-14-2022, 02:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Indeed. It’s infuriating. We couldn’t even have a season free of her the second she arrived. S1 was Colin stuff too that got annoying. Seasons 2-4 was Madison in one way or another and she would have been in the first few of S5 too.
I'm still thinking that if we had gotten a Season Five that she was coming back to try and enlist Ephram to get her/their baby back from the couple that adopted him. That would have made me hate her even more. I'll never understand why they kept bringing this universally detested character back.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I'm still thinking that if we had gotten a Season Five that she was coming back to try and enlist Ephram to get her/their baby back from the couple that adopted him. That would have made me hate her even more. I'll never understand why they kept bringing this universally detested character back.
I think your theory is correct. It’s exactly what the speculation was. What kind of bothers me is hearing people talk about it like on Twitter… they will mention Madison returning and wonder why. Some speculate that maybe it will mess up Ephram and Amy for good. I just want to tell people who wonder she was only coming back to torture the audience and Ephram one more time in an attempt to get the baby back. LOL. It kind of bothers me that some actually are paranoid that maybe a romantic triangle develops.

I do like remembering in the horrible NYC episode where she tortures everyone once again, both the characters and the audience, when she reveals the baby…. how Ephram tells Amy he felt nothing for Madison. It helps to be reminded that moment considering what we just watched during the current episode. LOL. Of course Amy didn’t really care because all she was freaking out about it was him getting through the audition before the witch spoiled everything. But I still like remembering this right now as it proves Ephram’s curiosity in 3.10 meant nothing.
Old 03-14-2022, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
To say I was disappointed in both Ephram and Andy does not even come close to describing how pissed off I felt while watching their stupidity in this episode.
I am disappointed in both, but more disappointed in Ephram. Andy is single, lonely, and has developed feelings for Amanda which is wrong, but still understandable. Ephram, on the other hand, is not single and lonely. He has a beautiful relationship with Amy and there is absolutely no reason to search elsewhere. What he did made absolutely no sense. There is no reason whatsoever for Ephram to want to see Madison unless she was still an option for him. Plus..the fact that Ephram had any desire to see Madison because of "curiosity" after the beautiful night in the Cabin makes absolutely no sense. Ephram should be on Cloud 9 with only thoughts of Amy.

Quote:
Which leads me to... poor Amy when she found out about the band lie and Ephram's gross deception. She was consumed with emotion over Hannah's situation and that definitely had everything to do with how Amy was unwilling to deal with what was going with Ephram. I actually admired Amy and loved to see her care so much about Hannah... even though she was pissed off over what Ephram just told her, she realized that the situation with Ephram should take a backseat, no matter how much it upset her, given what she was dealing with regarding Hannah.
Amy does get consumed with her causes and seems to be only able to deal with one thing at a time. She wasn't annoyed at Ephram, but was so worried about Hannah. I am glad that Amy knows about Hannah's situation, but sometimes she just pushes and pushes too hard. I kind of felt badly at first for Hannah, because she really didn't want to talk about it.

Quote:
It doesn't get any better in this episode... concerning Andy... I hardly have the words. Like father, like son I guess. Harold gave him quite possibly one of the most compelling and powerful speeches ever. It came straight from Harold's heart... pure Sage advice from Harold. This speech pretty much demonstrates how much Harold cares about Andy. Everything he said was sensitive but blunt and true as he practically begged Andy not to go there. Harold told Andy it was wrong, insinuating even borderline evil wrong to go there with Amanda. What does Andy do after Harold's sage words of advice and truth? He sweeps Harold's words and truth under the rug. That kiss was disgusting and Amanda saying she fell out of love with John was sickening. That comment all the more should have caused Andy to turn and run away for good. Unbelievable. HE KISSED HER in the house, not in his house, but her house, the one she shares with her neurologically impaired husband. It makes me sick.
Harold really does care very much for Andy, and unlike his son Bright, he gives really good advice that Andy should listen to. Andy was not using his brain when it came to Amanda, and unfortunately gave into the little guy with the pitchfork on his shoulder. And to do it right in Amanda's home? I hope Charlie is not there!

Quote:
Hannah broke my heart. Sarah Drew has never been better in her scenes as Hannah with Amy. I remember being shocked as she told Amy about her father's terminal illness while watching for the first time. Emily was BRILLIANT as Amy's finding out about Hannah's secret. Emily and her nonverbal communication is so compelling it makes me want to tear up because I feel every ounce of gifted brilliance coming from Emily. It feels like I want to give both Amy and Emily a hug. I loved how Amy researched and cared so much about Hannah. While Amy was being Amy as she was persistent initially (regarding Hannah getting tested) but she then backed off once Hannah explained her thoughts and feelings. I loved how Amy listened to her. You can tell how much Amy cares about Hannah and I respect their friendship in a way I never have before in prior watches.
Amy definitely cares about those people she loves and she does push and push which is not always a bad thing. She does this because she really wants to make things better.

I do like Hannah and even more this time around. She is truly a super sweet friend and she does have a lot of depth. I think that even though she and Amy are so different...they "fit".

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 03-14-2022 at 05:13 PM
Old 03-14-2022, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I found this episode to be an extreme letdown from the previous episode as both a father and a son did things that really disappointed me, and we saw the damage that lies by omission can do. This episode followed a theme called “need to know,” as we saw several characters not tell the truth to people close to them, some for purposely legitimate reasons, and some for shamefully deceptive reasons.
The contrast between this episode and the last episode is night and day. If someone were not familiar with this show and started with Episode 3.9 they would be instantly hooked. When they followed with 3.10 they would stop watching. Horrible behavior exhibited by the beloved characters of this show.
Quote:
I liked the opening scene of this episode as we saw Everwood enveloped in a magical Christmas themed aura, as Ephram and Delia were going shopping in a Winter Wonderland Street Scene right out of a Hallmark Card, and Delia was arguing that the “Holiday Pageant” that she was taking a part in was really a Christmas Pageant and all other religions, including their mother’s religion of Judaism, were being ignored. Then we saw Ephram find a flyer for Madison’s band, and the stage was set for a pattern of lies and deception in this episode which really disappointed me.
It started off lovely like a Hallmark movie and ended in disaster.

Quote:
I liked the scene with Hannah and Amy where Amy was trying to find the perfect gift for Ephram and Amy said that she was looking forward to meeting Hannah’s parents as they were supposed to be coming home from Hong Kong, but Hannah revealed that her parents weren’t coming home for Christmas, which concerned Amy. After leaving Hannah, we saw Amy talk to a very uncomfortable Nina as she revealed that Hannah’s parents weren’t really in Hong Kong, and she wouldn’t reveal anything else, and she asked Amy to talk to Hannah.
Amy pushes and pushes until she finds out what she wants to know whether you want to tell her or not!

Quote:
We saw that Bright convinced Ephram to go and see Madison’s band without telling Amy, and he told him that lies of omission weren’t lies, which was incredibly stupid advice for him to give him, and Ephram was incredibly stupid to heed his advice. What made it worse is that Bright was Amy’s brother, and he was telling his sister’s boyfriend to deceive her, which made both of them look incredibly thoughtless and inconsiderate. .
Bright has never given Ephram good love advice and it's very apparent that even though Bright pushed for Amy to pursue Ephram, Bright now acts as if he couldn't care less about their relationship. Maybe he believes that if Ephram cheats and breaks up with Amy, Bright will get his friend back.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 03-14-2022 at 05:15 PM
Old 03-14-2022, 08:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
The contrast between this episode and the last episode is night and day. If someone were not familiar with this show and started with Episode 3.9 they would be instantly hooked. When they followed with 3.10 they would stop watching. Horrible behavior exhibited by the beloved characters of this show.
Incredibly horrible behavior by both Ephram and Andy.

Quote:
It started off lovely like a Hallmark movie and ended in disaster.
That's for sure.

Quote:
Amy pushes and pushes until she finds out what she wants to know whether you want to tell her or not!
Amy is definitely pushy but she means well and she has a good heart. It was funny when Jake said "Not a fan of small talk. Got it." because Amy got right to the point with him and she directly asked him about Huntington's disease and he had just met her!

Quote:
Bright has never given Ephram good love advice and it's very apparent that even though Bright pushed for Amy to pursue Ephram, Bright now acts as if he couldn't care less about their relationship. Maybe he believes that if Ephram cheats and breaks up with Amy, Bright will get his friend back.
That's a good point. Maybe he was subconsciously trying to sabotage Ephram and Amy's relationship so he could have Ephram back as his friend and sidekick.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-15-2022, 06:24 AM
Administrator

When you really think about it, besides Madisongate, Ephram's actions in this episode really did lasting damage to his relationship with Amy. As we saw in the next episode, not only did she not forgive him right away, she also realized that she was giving too much of herself to their relationship and sacrificing her own interests in favor of his interests and she stopped doing that after his betrayal of her. The thing was Ephram knew that Amy felt vulnerable and insecure about Madison, and yet he went to see Madison anyway. What a thoughtless idiot he was.

Ephram ended his relationship with Amy and broke her heart in the aftermath of Madisongate, so once again, Madison came between Ephram and Amy, and even before that, Amy would have gotten together with Ephram sooner if she didn't see him kiss Madison, so Madison caused Amy nothing but pain and heartache from Day 1.

If Season Four had ended with Amy standing out by the Ferris Wheel and she found out that Ephram went in to call Madison, it may have made her never want to put her heart out there like that again, because once again, she had to play second fiddle to the woman she felt the most insecure about. Thank God that didn't happen.

Old 03-15-2022, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
When you really think about it, besides Madisongate, Ephram's actions in this episode really did lasting damage to his relationship with Amy. As we saw in the next episode, not only did she not forgive him right away, she also realized that she was giving too much of herself to their relationship and sacrificing her own interests in favor of his interests and she stopped doing that after his betrayal of her. The thing was Ephram knew that Amy felt vulnerable and insecure about Madison, and yet he went to see Madison anyway. What a thoughtless idiot he was.

This is so true. This episode was the beginning of a slide in Ephram and Amy's relationship and it was all due to Madison plus Ephram's stupidity. Ridiculous!! The two of them reached the absolute highest point of their relationship Episode 9 and that didn't seem enough for Ephram. What an idiot to even consider going to see Madison. I can't think of one legitimate reason for him to want to do that. He had a masterpiece of a girlfriend right there and blew it big time!
Old 03-15-2022, 07:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
This is so true. This episode was the beginning of a slide in Ephram and Amy's relationship and it was all due to Madison plus Ephram's stupidity. Ridiculous!! The two of them reached the absolute highest point of their relationship Episode 9 and that didn't seem enough for Ephram. What an idiot to even consider going to see Madison. I can't think of one legitimate reason for him to want to do that. He had a masterpiece of a girlfriend right there and blew it big time!
Exactly. Both father and son have a penchant for ruining everything. Ephram finally got the girl of his dreams, but he did harm to their relationship by lying and going to see the girl who caused him nothing but heartache.

Andy had the woman of his dreams living right next door to him, and he pushed her into the arms of another man because he was too blind to see what he had, plus he became obsessed with a married woman who was the wife of one of his patients.

They're both fools.

Old 03-15-2022, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Andy had the woman of his dreams living right next door to him, and he pushed her into the arms of another man because he was too blind to see what he had, plus he became obsessed with a married woman who was the wife of one of his patients.
I have always wondered why Andy had no problem falling for Linda and Amanda very soon after meeting them, but the same thing didn't happen with Nina. All I can think of is sex appeal. Not that Nina is not sexy, but she gives off a girl next door vibe and Linda and especially Amanda give more of a hot vibe. I could be wrong, but I have never seen Andy lust over Nina the way that he did with Linda and Amanda. With Amanda it truly was Lust.
Old 03-15-2022, 08:06 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I have always wondered why Andy had no problem falling for Linda and Amanda very soon after meeting them, but the same thing didn't happen with Nina. All I can think of is sex appeal. Not that Nina is not sexy, but she gives off a girl next door vibe and Linda and especially Amanda give more of a hot vibe. I could be wrong, but I have never seen Andy lust over Nina the way that he did with Linda and Amanda. With Amanda it truly was Lust.
I think that he cared for Linda, but I hated how he abruptly ended things with her and broke her heart due to her HIV status. With Amanda it definitely was lust. I lost a lot of respect for Andy for pursuing that illicit relationship with her.

I think with Nina he was afraid to face his feelings for her because they had a deep connections as friends, and so he blinded himself to the feelings beyond friendship that he had for her. Either that, or he was just an idiot!

Old 03-15-2022, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I am disappointed in both, but more disappointed in Ephram. Andy is single, lonely, and has developed feelings for Amanda which is wrong, but still understandable. Ephram, on the other hand, is not single and lonely. He has a beautiful relationship with Amy and there is absolutely no reason to search elsewhere. What he did made absolutely no sense. There is no reason whatsoever for Ephram to want to see Madison unless she was still an option for him. Plus..the fact that Ephram had any desire to see Madison because of "curiosity" after the beautiful night in the Cabin makes absolutely no sense. Ephram should be on Cloud 9 with only thoughts of Amy.
100%!

You broke this down perfectly. You are very right. I never thought about this with Andy. Sure, it's very wrong and I think Harold is right on the whys. But you are totally correct... at least with Andy it makes sense. Why he would develop feelings even if his acting on them is another thing.

But Ephram... it is so totally different given all you said above. I do not get it.

Quote:
Amy does get consumed with her causes and seems to be only able to deal with one thing at a time. She wasn't annoyed at Ephram, but was so worried about Hannah. I am glad that Amy knows about Hannah's situation, but sometimes she just pushes and pushes too hard. I kind of felt badly at first for Hannah, because she really didn't want to talk about it.
I did like how Amy immediately backed off when she found out Hannah didn't want to get tested (at least right now as we know). Amy stopped. Amy was heartbroken because she is terrified Hannah has the gene but she respected Hannah's wishes all the same. That's a big step for Amy who never backs off.

Quote:
Harold really does care very much for Andy, and unlike his son Bright, he gives really good advice that Andy should listen to. Andy was not using his brain when it came to Amanda, and unfortunately gave into the little guy with the pitchfork on his shoulder. And to do it right in Amanda's home? I hope Charlie is not there!
So true.

I also despised how Amanda did not make it easy either. She was so pissed at Andy. Granted, it was romantic tension. But she definitely did not make it easier for Andy and as we see, he caved.

Harold was wrong to tell Andy not to tell Ephram about Madison (which was fueled by his love for his daughter) but was right on given his advice to him on Amanda.

Quote:
Amy definitely cares about those people she loves and she does push and push which is not always a bad thing. She does this because she really wants to make things better.
Absolutely.

I like the evolution too... back in S1 and even S2 Amy was mostly all about boys. Granted, the Colin situation was horrible. But in S3 she truly loves and cares about Hannah. Even when she finds out something awful (Ephram's lying) she STILL put Hannah first because she was consumed by concern and pain. I love how she put Hannah first, as she should have and it really shows how much Amy has grown and matured.

Quote:
I do like Hannah and even more this time around. She is truly a super sweet friend and she does have a lot of depth. I think that even though she and Amy are so different...they "fit".
I don't know how I didn't see this before... I was so much younger when I first watched the series and even in the following rewatches. But I am on board. I completely agree with what you said above. 100%.
Old 03-15-2022, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
The contrast between this episode and the last episode is night and day. If someone were not familiar with this show and started with Episode 3.9 they would be instantly hooked. When they followed with 3.10 they would stop watching.
Yes. 100%. Yes.

Quote:
That could be it. He might remember his friendship with Ephram in S2 and is now a little jealous and pissed Ephram and Amy are together as he sees it as an obstacle to their friendship.

But either way you are right... Bright never gives Ephram good romantic advice overall. We even see him in S4 all pro-Ephram and Stephanie and at that point he's very secure and close friends with Ephram again.
Reply   Post New Thread