Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2022, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
That’s exactly it. Honestly, most of the fandom highly disliked or found Jake annoying. But at the same time without Jake I’m not sure Andy would have ever faced reality without a strong push.
It's interesting that this time around I am liking Jake (of course of I wouldn't if I didn't know that he and Nina were not going to be the endgame. ) I'm finding Jake sweet, considerate, smart and funny. I also believe he should be respected more in the town.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 03-16-2022 at 09:42 AM
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
It's interesting that this time around I am liking Jake (of course of wouldn't if I didn't know that he and Nina were not going to be the endgame. ) I'm finding Jake sweet, considerate, smart and funny. I also believe he should be respected more in the town.
I’m definitely noticing more of his sweet scenes. He helped Amy, he hung in with Nina being her friend when most guys would have bailed at the beginning, he tried warning Andy about Ephram’s STD testing (right or wrong). My main issue with the character is he overstayed his welcome. I don’t know if the writers loved the actor so much they kept Jake around far too long or what.

Bottom line is, no matter how you slice it without Jake it seems unlikely Andy and Nina even get together romantically (or it would have taken an even longer time). He had to spell it out to Nina and before this, he indirectly made Andy jealous enough to face his feelings.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 08:25 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands
I’m definitely noticing more of his sweet scenes. He helped Amy, he hung in with Nina being her friend when most guys would have bailed at the beginning, he tried warning Andy about Ephram’s STD testing (right or wrong). My main issue with the character is he overstayed his welcome. I don’t know if the writers loved the actor so much they kept Jake around far too long or what.

Bottom line is, no matter how you slice it without Jake it seems unlikely Andy and Nina even get together romantically (or it would have taken an even longer time). He had to spell it out to Nina and before this, he indirectly made Andy jealous enough to face his feelings.
Jake definitely overstayed his welcome and I recall him getting pushier and more obnoxious in Season Four, and that drug addiction story involving him didn't engage me at all as I had no investment in his character.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ Sorry, I was on a conference call and posted it unedited. I fixed it even in the quote in your post.
Old 03-16-2022, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Jake definitely overstayed his welcome and I recall him getting pushier and more obnoxious in Season Four, and that drug addiction story involving him didn't engage me at all as I had no investment in his character.
Excellent point. You are right, he gets worse in season four by far. Especially like you said that drug addiction storyline… no one cared about the character enough to have any emotional connection to the story. It was misplaced. If they were going to go there at all it should’ve been in the beginning, not the end, when people were fed up with how long he was on the screen, let alone the fandom wanting Andy and Nina to finally get together.
Old 03-16-2022, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
^ Sorry, I was on a conference call and posted it unedited. I fixed it even in the quote in your post.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-16-2022, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:

You were probably like, This isn’t English, Michelle.
Old 03-16-2022, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:

You were probably like, This isn’t English, Michelle.
It happens to the best of us!

I write my episode commentaries on a Microsoft Word document and I'm always going back and editing what I wrote!

Old 03-16-2022, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well Season 4 and season 2 came but no season 3 lol. Of course!
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Of course!
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It happens to the best of us!

I write my episode commentaries on a Microsoft Word document and I'm always going back and editing what I wrote!
Yours always come out perfectly.
Old 03-16-2022, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Oh my God, it figures!
Old 03-17-2022, 01:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

im glad to have 4 at least! (and im glad i finally have the dvds actually!)

i think they said date was set for march 18 so hopefully soon!
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 07:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
im glad to have 4 at least! (and im glad i finally have the dvds actually!)

i think they said date was set for march 18 so hopefully soon!

That is how I felt when I received the DVDs a few years ago. I didn't have them for the longest time too. It is a smart investment because while HBO Max has the series right now, you have no idea how long until they drop it just like other places such as Hulu did. Everwood is a high quality show that had amazing ratings for the WB back in the day. But overall, it was never going to be largely popular with the younger teen audience (not enough soap and outlandish storylines) and so many older adults do not even know the show exists even now.

So investing in a DVD set of the series is an intelligent move.
Old 03-17-2022, 10:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Yours always come out perfectly.
Thanks!

I'm so glad that I have all four seasons on DVD, because I can pause the episodes while I'm watching them to take notes so I can write my episode commentaries.

Reply   Post New Thread