Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2022, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Amy is definitely pushy but she means well and she has a good heart. It was funny when Jake said "Not a fan of small talk. Got it." because Amy got right to the point with him and she directly asked him about Huntington's disease and he had just met her!
I loved that moment so much because Amy was also speaking for the audience when it comes to Jake... he can be useful at times but otherwise he's annoying and you don't want him around all that much.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
When you really think about it, besides Madisongate, Ephram's actions in this episode really did lasting damage to his relationship with Amy. As we saw in the next episode, not only did she not forgive him right away, she also realized that she was giving too much of herself to their relationship and sacrificing her own interests in favor of his interests and she stopped doing that after his betrayal of her. The thing was Ephram knew that Amy felt vulnerable and insecure about Madison, and yet he went to see Madison anyway. What a thoughtless idiot he was.

Ephram ended his relationship with Amy and broke her heart in the aftermath of Madisongate, so once again, Madison came between Ephram and Amy, and even before that, Amy would have gotten together with Ephram sooner if she didn't see him kiss Madison, so Madison caused Amy nothing but pain and heartache from Day 1.

If Season Four had ended with Amy standing out by the Ferris Wheel and she found out that Ephram went in to call Madison, it may have made her never want to put her heart out there like that again, because once again, she had to play second fiddle to the woman she felt the most insecure about. Thank God that didn't happen.
Well said. Hard facts which is sad.

Amy doesn't even know Ephram received Madison's number from Jay and told Andy he was tempted to call her. Imagine what she would have done or felt after finding out this horrible reality.
Old 03-15-2022, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
I loved that moment so much because Amy was also speaking for the audience when it comes to Jake... he can be useful at times but otherwise he's annoying and you don't want him around all that much.
That's true!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
This is so true. This episode was the beginning of a slide in Ephram and Amy's relationship and it was all due to Madison plus Ephram's stupidity. Ridiculous!! The two of them reached the absolute highest point of their relationship Episode 9 and that didn't seem enough for Ephram. What an idiot to even consider going to see Madison. I can't think of one legitimate reason for him to want to do that. He had a masterpiece of a girlfriend right there and blew it big time!
Exactly. I will never understand it. Ever. I would love to know what the writers were thinking.
Old 03-15-2022, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Exactly. Both father and son have a penchant for ruining everything. Ephram finally got the girl of his dreams, but he did harm to their relationship by lying and going to see the girl who caused him nothing but heartache.

Andy had the woman of his dreams living right next door to him, and he pushed her into the arms of another man because he was too blind to see what he had, plus he became obsessed with a married woman who was the wife of one of his patients.

They're both fools.
Yes, indeed. What a perfect parallel. That's absolutely correct.

Both father and son should be thanking their lucky stars that they ended up with Nina and Amy. It's almost a miracle they did when you think about it.
Old 03-15-2022, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I have always wondered why Andy had no problem falling for Linda and Amanda very soon after meeting them, but the same thing didn't happen with Nina. All I can think of is sex appeal. Not that Nina is not sexy, but she gives off a girl next door vibe and Linda and especially Amanda give more of a hot vibe. I could be wrong, but I have never seen Andy lust over Nina the way that he did with Linda and Amanda. With Amanda it truly was Lust.
The only thing I can think of is Nina reminded him too much of what he had with Julia... a deep friendship and cornerstone for everlasting love. With Gretchen, Linda and Amanda he knew in the end all three would never be long-term. Psychologically, in his mind, it couldn't compare to what he had with Julia so he didn't feel guilt over these "less meaningful" relationships. With Nina he has always known they have a realness and connection. I think that's why he blocks the romantic path for so long because it feels too real for him and he wasn't ready until the time was right.
Old 03-15-2022, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That's true!
LOL!
Old 03-15-2022, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Yes, indeed. What a perfect parallel. That's absolutely correct.

Both father and son should be thanking their lucky stars that they ended up with Nina and Amy. It's almost a miracle they did when you think about it.
That's so true. I still hate that we only got to see them both finally get together at the very last part of the very last episode of the show. There was so much wasted time for them and us.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-15-2022, 04:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
But either way you are right... Bright never gives Ephram good romantic advice overall. We even see him in S4 all pro-Ephram and Stephanie and at that point he's very secure and close friends with Ephram again.
I was so glad that Ephram didn't listen to Bright in Foreverwood, but to be fair to Bright, at that point he had witnessed all the drama that had gone on between Ephram and Amy and he also saw that Amy rejected Ephram after they had sex, so from his standpoint, he felt that Ephram would be better off with a "hot" (his words) girl who brought no drama to the table. From that standpoint, I could understand his position, but we all knew that Ephram and Amy were meant to be together and she was his "One."

Another point is that I think that Ephram would have gotten tired of Stephanie's annoying cheerfulness and the way she made it seem like she was so familiar with his family when she barely knew them. We saw Ephram say to Amy at Delia's Bat Mitzvah when Amy asked where Stephanie was that "she's mingling for fun. It's starting to freak me out." Ephram was much more in sync with someone like Amy than someone like Stephanie.

Old 03-15-2022, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The only thing I can think of is Nina reminded him too much of what he had with Julia... a deep friendship and cornerstone for everlasting love. With Gretchen, Linda and Amanda he knew in the end all three would never be long-term. Psychologically, in his mind, it couldn't compare to what he had with Julia so he didn't feel guilt over these "less meaningful" relationships. With Nina he has always known they have a realness and connection. I think that's why he blocks the romantic path for so long because it feels too real for him and he wasn't ready until the time was right.
That could very well be it. Andy wasn't ready to move on with a keeper (Nina), but instead chose to sow his wild oats with others.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 05:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I completely agree with this. I think that subconsciously he was afraid of his feelings for Nina so he denied those feelings until it was almost too late.

Old 03-16-2022, 01:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That's so true. I still hate that we only got to see them both finally get together at the very last part of the very last episode of the show. There was so much wasted time for them and us.
I hate this as well. It’s disappointing. Andy/Nina, especially, since so many cheered for them to be together since the Pilot. We never got to see them even go on a first date even if we got an engagement.
Old 03-16-2022, 01:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I was so glad that Ephram didn't listen to Bright in Foreverwood, but to be fair to Bright, at that point he had witnessed all the drama that had gone on between Ephram and Amy and he also saw that Amy rejected Ephram after they had sex, so from his standpoint, he felt that Ephram would be better off with a "hot" (his words) girl who brought no drama to the table. From that standpoint, I could understand his position, but we all knew that Ephram and Amy were meant to be together and she was his "One."

Another point is that I think that Ephram would have gotten tired of Stephanie's annoying cheerfulness and the way she made it seem like she was so familiar with his family when she barely knew them. We saw Ephram say to Amy at Delia's Bat Mitzvah when Amy asked where Stephanie was that "she's mingling for fun. It's starting to freak me out." Ephram was much more in sync with someone like Amy than someone like Stephanie.
That’s very true. Ephram showed signs of Stephanie not being his type from the start too. I know not wanting to sleep with her was an indication thankfully he only wanted to be with Amy. At the same time I feel like it was also a strong sign that he just wasn’t into it very much. Even if Amy would have continued to reject him and Ephram stayed with Stephanie longer they would have ended up breaking up eventually because Ephram wasn’t feeling it.

I can see Bright’s take. But at the same time, he has known since S1 how strong and unstoppable the Ephram and Amy connection is. This is why he loathed and bullied Ephram in S1. He was so fearful of Amy and Ephram drawn to each other because he sensed the connection. He knew Ephram was infatuated and obsessed with Madison in an unhealthy way and understood Ephram and Amy overall had a healthy relationship when they were together romantically before the pregnancy bomb. He understood they only broke up because of the bomb. He knew Amy got scared in S4 because Ephram bailed and went to Europe. Bright understood all of this and he knew they were in love with each other. He also understood how Ephram acts when he’s in love. Thus, even if Bright cannot be so bright, I think he could have noticed Ephram’s hesitation with Stephanie and understood why. He knows better than anyone that Ephram and Amy have a connection like white on rice. He had to have known they were eventually going to work it out even if it took time based on observing their history for four years.
Old 03-16-2022, 01:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That could very well be it. Andy wasn't ready to move on with a keeper (Nina), but instead chose to sow his wild oats with others.
Exactly.
Old 03-16-2022, 01:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I completely agree with this. I think that subconsciously he was afraid of his feelings for Nina so he denied those feelings until it was almost too late.
That’s exactly it. Honestly, most of the fandom highly disliked or found Jake annoying. But at the same time without Jake I’m not sure Andy would have ever faced reality without a strong push.
Reply   Post New Thread