Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2016, 10:56 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsgardianJane (View Post)
Its OK! I always find it weird as a PJo-er that they kept saying that PJo and Djo inclined writers would have massive arguments in the writers room because it always seemed to me that DJo won. Like it wasn't until Kevin came in that they thought they could change the ending because DJo is what Kevin wanted. (see Coda and Swan Song) They felt that they had to convince him to change it in the end. I think Coda and Swan Song were death for DJo fans, you can't end the series the same way three years running so the writers decided to euthanise both DJo and PJo in season 6 before Kevin came along and made the decision that Joey would choose.
I will always think the network was the one who pushed P/J on Kevin Williamson.
TL22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
I will always think the network was the one who pushed P/J on Kevin Williamson.
me too Tony.
Old 01-05-2016, 03:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

I don't get why the choice had to be cliffhanger? I didn't find it clever, I found it annoying. It really wasn't fair to either fan base, really. I feel the finale could have been written much better. I didn't really ship either DJ or PJ romantically so I didn't care who she chose. I am still bitter about Jen being killed off and that she didn't get her happy ending.

Last edited by Speedychatterbox; 01-05-2016 at 03:40 PM
Speedychatterbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedychatterbox (View Post)
I don't get why the choice had to be cliffhanger? I didnt find it clever, I found it annoying. I do not ship either DJ or PJ romantically and really didn't care who she chose. I more bitter about Jen being killed off and didn't get her happy ending.
I never really understood why it was so important to keep going back and forth with the little hints. We knew it was going to be one or the other, but I guess they wanted to keep both Fandoms happy until the end. When I watched, it really didn't matter to me who Joey picked, she could have ended up staying with Christopher I didn't care - |Just as long as Pacey had a happy ending and he could have had a happy ending with Andie or some new chick they could have brought in just like they did with Christopher. That way they each had their own happy ending. Sorry, I know I shouldn't be posting here, but I had to agree with Speedychatterbox's post to some extent.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 05:57 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedychatterbox (View Post)
I don't get why the choice had to be cliffhanger? I didn't find it clever, I found it annoying. It really wasn't fair to either fan base, really. I feel the finale could have been written much better. I didn't really ship either DJ or PJ romantically so I didn't care who she chose. I am still bitter about Jen being killed off and that she didn't get her happy ending.
One of the problems with the ending was, it was written for Dawson and Joey. And the words did not sound right coming out of Pacey's mouth.

Actually KW disrespected Pacey. He porgtrayed him as a boob who waited around for a girl for 7 years and then she said I choose yuo jumped at it like a puppy for a bone.

That's not the Pacey i knew.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
One of the problems with the ending was, it was written for Dawson and Joey. And the words did not sound right coming out of Pacey's mouth.

Actually KW disrespected Pacey. He porgtrayed him as a boob who waited around for a girl for 7 years and then she said I choose yuo jumped at it like a puppy for a bone.

That's not the Pacey i knew.
Amen to that!

To me the "off the hook" speech did not sound right coming out of Pacey's mouth. It sounded more like D/Jo history to me. Or even Joey saying she was always running just didn't match the P/Jo history. I would love to have Pacey end up with Andie or even a hint it possibly going there. That would have been the perfect ending in my books.

Andie: "And where we had our first kiss. I remember my knees were shaking like crazy."

Pacey: "My heart... boom boom boom boom boom boom"

Last edited by pacenjen; 01-06-2016 at 04:28 AM
pacenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

^ Totally Agree with you! that last P/J speech was sooo a DJ history speech. People aren't stupid Joey was always running from Dawson. When did she run from Pacey? Andie was brought back for the finale but didn't use her in the end.

It was always P/A and D/J!

They kinda selled Pacey short in the finale and there was no need to kill of Jen. Finale could be done better..but as I've said many times the writing was bad in the later seasons post S3.
taubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacenjen (View Post)
Amen to that!

To me the "off the hook" speech did not sound right coming out of Pacey's mouth. It sounded more like D/Jo history to me. Or even Joey saying she was always running just didn't match the P/Jo history. I would love to have Pacey end up with Andie or even a hint it possibly going there. That would have been the perfect ending in my books.
wow Welcome back Janice. and yes off what hook?
Old 01-12-2016, 12:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
wow Welcome back Janice. and yes off what hook?
Thank you! I still lurk and watch fav episodes of this show on occasion. Its nice to see a board and conversations still going about a show that ended more than 10 years ago. It shows how special this show was

Andie: "And where we had our first kiss. I remember my knees were shaking like crazy."

Pacey: "My heart... boom boom boom boom boom boom"
pacenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:51 AM
Extreme Fan

The following has been taken from IMDB The subject is did Pacey and Joey have sex on the boat

Quote:
It's probably good that they didn't, though, what with how bad at it Joey clearly is. Think about it. Pacey chases after her for most of season 3 and put up with all of her bitchery in season 4... up until they shag. Then he is done with her only a few episodes later and dumps her in a most unPacey fashion. Then there's Dawson. Dawson is all about Joey season after season. The do it and he is suddenly done with her, as well. Eddie ends up moving away with no forwarding address after they get together. And Jack? Hell, they almost sleep together and only didn't because supposedly Jack couldn't maintain an erection. Then what happens? He decides he just wants guys. Clearly the girl was doing something wrong in the sack. Had they done it on the boat, Pacey probably would have left her in Key West.
I never thought about it, but the post does have merit.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, I have to comment because that clip from IMDb is Hilarious

I never connected those dots before, but oh my.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The following has been taken from IMDB The subject is did Pacey and Joey have sex on the boat

Who wrote this? do you know the poster? I'm not exactly sure what they're saying.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

That is so funny. To be entirely fair to Joey, she does get a glowing review from Pacey and she ditches Dawson's cheating ass after they sleep together. I always thought sex killed Dawson/Joey because it was too grown up for their immature, childish relationship. He calls her a child the morning after too, not the thing to say after sexy times. No one cares about Eddie!

She always starts fights after sex, have you noticed? She is awkward with Pacey, she says sex was a mistake after her first times with Dawson and Eddie. Her terror when it comes to sex was never really explored.
AsgardianJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

that's true.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:10 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I felt like Joey brought out the worst in Pacey. She was too self-involved, worrying about her and Dawson's feelings to care about how Pacey might've felt. I never felt that blow up from Pacey in Promicide was out of character. I felt like that moment had been building up a whole year. The P&J relationship really brought out the worst in Pacey's insecurities and he became mean. He was a much better character the first two seasons pre-Joey.
I do feel that Pacey was more likeable in the first 2 seasons.

I was a big PJo fan back in the day, but all their fighting about Dawson has made them less appealing to me. It's not really fun to re-watch.

Their relationship didn't really evolve in S4. It regressed and it reached its breaking point in Promicide.

Their morning after in 4x15 makes me cringe.
dcfriends is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread