Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2005, 05:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
So true, hshapir. I can understand her being scared to trust him again though. I would be too.
thanks jopace. I agree, especially after what happened at prom. That is something hard to forget, even if you try. It was the perfect setting and it brought bad memories. Like Joey said when she sees Pacey in 503, if they can in the not so distant past try to forget the bad and remember the good. She unfortunately remembered the good

this reminds me of one of my favorite song "You Can't Escape My Love" by Enrique Iglesias." It is totally PJ "It was bad, it good, but it was real. That's all you get. In the end, all that matters. If you feel like leaving, I'm not going to make you stay, soon you'll be falling, you can run, you hide, but you can't escape my love"

welcome lulah. hope to hear from you

Quote:
Her waxy melty face when she's hugging Mr. Grease makes up for it, though. And the kiss was one of their worst. And that's saying alot because their kissing was awful. Hee.
word. total contrast to the end of "cough" 510 when she is melting into Pacey, even though she so could of had a waxy melty face. hee. jopace, you're being nice about the kiss. DJ kissing was better in 601 and that's not saying much. LOL

Quote:
I love that pic hshap! That is one HOT kiss!! She almost looks like she is going to knock him over hee
sweet, I was reading some old spoilers the other day. In 614 when they kissed at the end, it just said she kisses him. I wasn't expecting a long kiss either. This just proves that JJ and KH do a lot of adlibs. The kiss at the end of 617 didn't even have to be hot. It just said "tender" in the spoiler. Also, he was just suppose to kiss her on the cheek before he left, but instead he gave a little one on the mouth. I don't even think the hand kiss was in the script either. I didn't see it in the spoilers, so I could always be wrong

Quote:
I dont think that joey really wanted to go back to eddie at all. I think he was just a safe choice for her not getting hurt again.
totally agree truedaisy. I think what she says in 619 about how she says they are living a "fantasy" and it's going to end sooner or later. She knows there's no commitment and he'll be gone soon. Also, when 619 opens, Joey keeps turning a way from him for most of it

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 03-30-2005, 05:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I dont think that joey really wanted to go back to eddie at all
Yeah and I think the whole reason why Pacey and Joey broke up again in the first place is because they were setting the situation up for the Series Finale. They HAD to be broken up by the finale, so Joey could make her final decision. That of course made the finale even sweeter because she chose Pacey for the final curtain call! Granted, the writers could have thought of a better reason than "I don't feel it". They probably used every break up excuse in the book for all the couples and that was the only one left. Especially since the episode before, as they kissed, in the background, the lyrics are "I don't want to FEEL anything, but I DO, it all comes back to YOU"...and Dawson's Creek doesn't put songs in random spots. Each song has a purpose.

Pacey and Joey

Proud NikitaWitter Avie User
Old 03-30-2005, 05:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

i agree with everything TrueLove .

Frou Frou - Hear Me Out (btw its a really good CD)
From 617

I join the queue on your answer phone
And all I am is holding breath
Just pick up I know you're there
Can't you hear?
I'm not myself

Well, go ahead and lie to me
You could say anything
Small talk will be just fine
Your voice is everything
We owe it to love
And it all depends on you

So listen up
The sun hasn't set
(I refuse to believe that it's only me feeling)
Just hear me out
I'm not over you yet
(It’s love on the line, can you handle it?)

So how do I do normal?
A smile I fake
the permanent wave of
cue-cards and fix-it kits
Can't you tell?
I'm not myself

I'm a slow motion accident
Lost in coffee rings and fingerprints
I don't wanna feel anything but I do
And it all comes back to you

So listen up
"This" sun hasn't set
(I refuse to believe that it's only me feeling)
Just hear me out
I'm not over you yet
(It’s love on the line, can you handle it?)

So listen up
Look at me straight
Just hear me out
Don't make me wait
I'm not myself
I can't take this
Love's on the line
Is that your final answer?

Guardian Angel #9
P/J Shipper #11
Forbidden Lover #45
Old 03-30-2005, 06:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
i agree with everything TrueLove
Thanks plushie

Yeah that song is sooo amazing! That scene at the end of "Sex and Violence" has been added to my rotation of scenes I watch before I got to bed...as yes, I'm a LOSER, but I love it

Pacey and Joey

Old 03-30-2005, 06:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah and I think the whole reason why Pacey and Joey broke up again in the first place is because they were setting the situation up for the Series Finale. They HAD to be broken up by the finale, so Joey could make her final decision. That of course made the finale even sweeter because she chose Pacey for the final curtain call! Granted, the writers could have thought of a better reason than "I don't feel it". They probably used every break up excuse in the book for all the couples and that was the only one left. Especially since the episode before, as they kissed, in the background, the lyrics are "I don't want to FEEL anything, but I DO, it all comes back to YOU"...and Dawson's Creek doesn't put songs in random spots. Each song has a purpose.
totally agree. The song even seemed like it had a purpose. I remember at the end of 314 it was "never be the same again. I'm already changing" when PJ were driving

thanks for the lyrics plushie

Quote:
Yeah that song is sooo amazing! That scene at the end of "Sex and Violence" has been added to my rotation of scenes I watch before I got to bed...as yes, I'm a LOSER, but I love it
don't feel bad, I watched it the other day. I love the facial expressions before the kiss and after

Old 03-30-2005, 07:00 PM
Master Fan

Yeah I think the whole "I don't feel it" was kind of contrived. I can buy Joey not wanting to get back together with Pacey with the way things ended at prom, and maybe even some uncertainty about how things will affect Dawson, etc...but "I don't feel it"? That's a little sketch. But whatever. I do agree that their purpose was for the setting to be complete for the series finale. For the "surprise" of who Joey will end up with (Kevin and Paul both refer to the choice as a "surprise", a little bit of a red herring), both Dawson/Joey and Pacey/Joey had to be broken up, but left with some possibility. So in the grand scheme of the writing team, "I don't feel it" makes sense.

Some more finale commentary!
[scene is the cut scene between Bessie, Joey, Jen, and Grams at the Potter B&B]
Paul: Well the other thing I think is so interesting about this scene…it sort of sets up the fact that Joey and Dawson are intended for each other…and I think that whole notion comes to mind, when we started, did we know who Joey would end up with?
Kevin: Yes, yes, and I will tell it, when I sat down to write it, Joey and Dawson were going to end up together, folks. And I did write it.
Paul: Especially this first hour which shot before the second hour was setting up the intent that these two soulmates were finally going to come together.
Kevin: Yes, we’ll talk about it when it comes to it, but yes, when we started the first one, and even when we started down for the second one, I wrote ‘Joey and Dawson together’.
Paul: And then I remember you called me.
Kevin: I called you Paul, and I said ‘Is this the way to do it?’
Paul: And we talked.
Kevin: And we talked.
Paul:And we changed our minds.
Kevin: We changed our minds.
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
Old 03-30-2005, 07:44 PM
Master Fan

Totally agree with what everyone has said. The whole "I don't feel it" situation was just a preamble to how things would turn out for the series finale...meaning that neither Dawson nor Pacey were going to be with Joey.

I will say this one thing - Eddie didn't bother me too much in the beginning of Season 6, but as the episodes moved forward and the series came to its finale, his character really rubbed me the wrong way. But I see why he was there. He was the distraction for Joey. Since she was still running from what she truly wanted (PACEY!!!), she needed a distraction from what her heart was telling her. Luckily, that distraction didn't last very long.

Ali******Avi by *Angie*
Goodbye One Tree Hill
Old 03-30-2005, 07:56 PM
Elite Fan

I see what you're saying shannon. I don't think it was written in stone. Even when he said where's this coming from, her only excuse was Eddie. I don't think the writers wrote that as a permanent ending to PJ. There was a little too much PJness. Joey even said it's been in the back of her mind, the things he said to her. The pro column. She was looking forward to seeing him on a regular basis. She said her life sucks without him. At the end of 614, she said you know what else "we never did". Even in 622, when PJ are talking at the bar, Joey says she's going to wash her hands clean of both or them. Then, she turns back and gives Pacey a smile. The last DJ scene was Dawson saying he's afraid to close his eyes because Joey will be gone. Then, she left. Also, she laughed at his comment about them sleeping in the same bed would be dangerous. Also, when she gave him the letter and he was at the ruins I think he thought she wanted to see him. He obviously firgured out that it was about getting him and Dawson there together later. I think the writers really wanted PJ, even if Stupin was going to write a DJ ending

Quote:
I will say this one thing - Eddie didn't bother me too much in the beginning of Season 6, but as the episodes moved forward and the series came to its finale, his character really rubbed me the wrong way. But I see why he was there. He was the distraction for Joey. Since she was still running from what she truly wanted (PACEY!!!), she needed a distraction from what her heart was telling her. Luckily, that distraction didn't last very long.
I agree finally. Joey was scared of her feelings for Pacey. I could see it during those season 6 episodes

Old 03-30-2005, 08:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2
I agree finally. Joey was scared of her feelings for Pacey. I could see it during those season 6 episodes
To come across something so powerful, something that you know will change the rest of your life can make you run. That's what happened with Joey and her feelings for Pacey. Love can make you do some crazy things, but in the end, it's the best feeling ever!

Ali******Avi by *Angie*
Goodbye One Tree Hill
Old 03-30-2005, 08:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Paul: And we talked.
Kevin: And we talked.
Paul:And we changed our minds.
Kevin: We changed our minds.
LOL! Nice repetiveness. Those two, especially Paul Stupin, are in their own little world during these commentaries!

Pacey and Joey

Old 03-30-2005, 10:19 PM
Elite Fan

thanks finally. You know what's so funny about Joey's reaction in 415 when she says sex with Pacey was very nice. Pacey said the same thing to Andie in 211. Pacey even said very nice when he first sees Jen in the pilot episode. In Castaways, the guy who thinks PJ had sex, says very nice. It was just something I notice

Old 03-30-2005, 11:21 PM
Absolute Fan

I updated the list.

hshapir- I went ahead and added you too. I hope that's alright.

Angel- I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop. Buffy- Me, me, too. I can't either.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:46 AM
Elite Fan

that's fine pace and jo

Old 03-31-2005, 09:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm a little late to the party, but I'd like to be added the list too please.

I watched "A Winter's Tale" yesterday and it still makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. No matter how many times I watch it I enjoy everytime like it's the first time I've seen it. Those two are just amazing together. You can't create that kind of chemistry it's something you've just got to have naturally.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
No matter how many times I watch it I enjoy everytime like it's the first time I've seen it.
I feel you on this one TrueLove B! Everything is perfectly placed in that last scene, I love it. Such a beautiful moment between Pacey and Joey.

I'm so excited about this shipper list! Guys when you think about, after MILLIONS of names have been added, we will always be the first of this new list. So feel special

Pacey and Joey

Closed Thread   Post New Thread