Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2005, 07:31 PM
Absolute Fan

*We love P/Jo: Because you always tease the ones you love, 311 snails*

*We love P/Jo: Because you always tease the ones you love, 311 snails*

Miss the last Snail? Don't worry, it's right here.

Official Thread Website!

*We Love Pacey & Joey Thread Website*

Jenn has made us a beautiful website with ALL of our important links. This is a VERY valuable resource for us. Thank you, Jenn! ::muah::

Why Snails?

Since we are always welcoming new True Lovers to our home, I'm going to post this information here so that everyone will know. The reason our counter is by snails dates back to the episode Modern Romance in Season 1. Pacey and Joey were assigned an extra credit project involving the mating habits of snails. Pacey tried to create a snail menage a trois and the snails all died. So, they had to go out into the creek to collect more. At the end of that day, Pacey kissed Joey for the first time. So, we decided to use snails as our counter. Got it? Good.

Just a few reminders:
  • Please do not “star” post, meaning, a post to just say hello, goodnight, or anything like such.
    Please refrain from posting big long pieces of scenes, with lots of dialogue in a row, on the same page. In addition, keep the number of pics per post to a minimum in order to conserve server space.
    Also, please do not post the same pic on the same page or quote pics throughout the snail.
    Please do not bring over comments from D/Jo fans or arguments from other threads over here to the snail. This is the place to have fun and enjoy P/Jo, not to bash another couple. Thanks!

The Pacey and Joey Shipper list
1) Pace & Jo
2) TrueLovePJer
3) jopace1970
4) lulah
5) FinallyPJ
6) Wilpen
7) PJButterflies
8) True Daisy lover4ever
9) sweetheartin
10 *Shannon*
11) plushie232
12) hshapir2

_Fanart of the Moment_

Made by Linda!

_Song of the Moment_

Possession- Sarah Mclachlan

Listen as the wind blows from across the great divide
voices trapped in yearning, memories trapped in time
the night is my companion, and solitude my guide
would I spend forever here and not be satisfied?

And I would be the one
to hold you down
kiss you so hard
I'll take your breath away
and after, I'd wipe away the tears
just close your eyes dear

Through this world I've stumbled
so many times betrayed
trying to find an honest word to find
the truth enslaved
oh you speak to me in riddles
and you speak to me in rhymes
my body aches to breathe your breath
your words keep me alive

And I would be the one
to hold you down
kiss you so hard
just close your eyes dear

Into this night I wander
it's morning that I dread
another day of knowing of
the path I fear to tread
oh into the sea of waking dreams
I follow without pride
nothing stands between us here
and I won't be denied

And I would be the one
to hold you down
kiss you so hard
just close your eyes.

Images from josh-jackson.net

_Quote of the Moment_

We come to love not by finding a perfect person,
but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

As per usual, feel free to post fanarts, wallpapers, anything P/Jo.

So... what are you waiting for? Let's get this P/Jo party started!
True Love Wins ALWAYS

Angel- I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop. Buffy- Me, me, too. I can't either.

Last edited by Pace & Jo; 03-30-2005 at 10:26 PM
Old 03-28-2005, 07:59 PM
Master Fan

Yay, new thread! Love the new fanart, song, and quote!

Just to add some discussion...what song for P/J on the show has affected you the most, and why?
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
Old 03-28-2005, 08:17 PM
Total Fan

the new thread!
Old 03-28-2005, 08:35 PM
Elite Fan

amore, love the avatar. love how Pacey makes Joey blush there

from the last page

shannon, you are welcome here. I agree that just because we are fans doesn't mean we have to like everything the characters do. Like I was watching 409 today and up until today's episodes, I think Joey has been nice to Pacey. I have to admit, she was kind of bitchy to him and it was kind of uncalled for. Yes, I understood she was nervous about getting into Worthington and took it out on him. I still agree she was wrong. He made a joke and it made her uncomfortable and she felt like he was trying to impress Kubelic. Even he calls her out on her bitchiness. She does say she was sorry. I like that he didn't act like it didn't bother him. I think we all have bitchy days. I was at another board and people said that Pacey should dump Joey because she was mean to him. That I don't agree with. Pacey was in a bad mood in Falling Down and Promicide, obviously.

Quote:
Oh man, I would have loved to have seen the cut scene. Why wasn't that shown? Damn. Yes, I couldn't believe the pact that he brought up about going to prom together. It's like he sort of used that card to get her to go with him. And the thing is, I actually really liked Dawson with Gretchen. I think he was finally coming around whenever he was with her. Gretchen helped him see the light in so many ways. She didn't preach to him or anything but just her presence made him realize how ridiculous some of his notions and fantasy stuff was. I mean, look at how he told Gretchen that he KNEW he had delusions about losing his virginity to Joey. He was so making progress with Gretchen in getting out of his fantasy world, stopping with his hold on Joey, and getting out of the past. I was bummed that they broke Dawson/Gretchen up as I think she was the best thing that ever happened to him. What they had was real.. Why did the writers have to shatter that in favor of eventually putting Dawson right back into thinking Joey was "IT" for him?
wilpen, wouldn't it be awesome if it was on the DVD's. It may still be at the website. My computer won't download. I agree that Gretchen was great for Dawson. She even made him more likeable to me until 417, but I won't get into that. hee They seemed happy together too. I even liked Dawson and Jen in season 5. I think Jen was happier with Dawson than her other boyfriends and a lot nicer to him

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 03-28-2005, 08:35 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeahhhh new thread!

Quote:
what song for P/J on the show has affected you the most, and why?
Shannon, affected me personally or affected me while watching a particular scene?

Pacey and Joey

Proud NikitaWitter Avie User
Old 03-28-2005, 08:43 PM
Elite Fan

I was thinking of a PJ song

I can't think of you sings it. The lyrics "It's all for you"

"all my roads will they lead to you. I just can't turn and walk away"

another song I keep hearing lately reminds me of Pacey

It's called "Don't Let it Get Me" by Pink.

Quote:
Never win first place, I don’t support the team
I can’t take direction, and my socks are never
Clean
Teachers dated me
, my parents hated me

I was always in a fight cuz I can’t do nothin’
Right

Quote:
Everyday I fight a war against the mirror
I can’t take the person starin’ back at me
I’m a hazard to myself

Don’t let me get me

Quote:
I’m my own worst enemy

Its bad when you annoy yourself
So irritating
Don’t wanna be my friend no more
I wanna be somebody else

I wanna be somebody else, yeah

La told me, you’ll be a pop star,
All you have to change is everything you are.
Tired of being compared to damn britney spears
She’s so pretty, that just ain’t me

Doctor, doctor won’t you please prescribe me
Somethin
A day in the life of someone else?
Cuz I’m a hazard to myself

Don’t let me get me
I’m my own worst enemy
Its bad when you annoy yourself
So irritating
Don’t wanna be my friend no more
I wanna be somebody else
get rid of the Britney Spears part and it's the Pacey Witter theme song

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 03-29-2005, 12:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
get rid of the Britney Spears part and it's the Pacey Witter theme song
So true!
Old 03-29-2005, 01:41 PM
Master Fan

I was listening to some of my old CDs and came across a compilation of Dawson's Creek songs. What was the first one..."This Year's Love".

That is the ultimate Pacey/Joey song.

Loving the new thread!!!

Ali******Avi by *Angie*
Goodbye One Tree Hill
Old 03-29-2005, 02:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yay for the new !!! I absolutely LOVE the title, by the way! SO TRUE!!

*Shannon* : as far as a P/J song that has affected me, there are so many, but two that stand out for me are "My Invitation" by Sarah Slean and "Just Another" by Pete Yorn. My Invitation is such a beautiful song, and was played during the "I remember everything" scene, which is my ALL-TIME favorite, and I don't know, I just thought the song fit the scene PERFECTLY, and its just such an emotional song and the scene is so emotional, that it really affected me, and still does now everytime I hear it. Just Another really affected me for pretty much the same reasons. THat scene where they're at the dance and they dance, for what I thought would be the last time, and the looks on both their faces are just SO SAD and full of angst, it literally makes me wanna die lol. I just think the song was perfect for that scene, and it still makes me cry everytime I hear the song.

thanks to JJ net for the pics

Danners
Old 03-29-2005, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2
wilpen, wouldn't it be awesome if it was on the DVD's. It may still be at the website. My computer won't download. I agree that Gretchen was great for Dawson. She even made him more likeable to me until 417, but I won't get into that. hee They seemed happy together too. I even liked Dawson and Jen in season 5. I think Jen was happier with Dawson than her other boyfriends and a lot nicer to him
Oh man, it would be awesome if it was on the DVD's. LOL about 417.. I see why you specified that one and I agree. Season 5 D/Jen was great. ITA with you that Jen seemed the happiest with Dawson.. So true. I know it would have been a somewhat too cozy ending, but I would have LOVED a PJ and DJen ending. I honestly think they could have made a case where Dawson always knew in the back of his mind that Jen was the right one for him but he was running from her..

New thread! YAY! Amazing how fast this thread moves..

Also, random ? here.. Why isn't there a PJ shipper list? Did it get lost somehow? Just curious.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen
New thread! YAY! Amazing how fast this thread moves..

Also, random ? here.. Why isn't there a PJ shipper list? Did it get lost somehow? Just curious.
LOL, I was wondering that too! Kinda odd!!! There would have been thousands of names by now hee! This thread really does move quickly! It is nice!

PJButterflies, loooooovely pics!! God that scene in the Anti-Prom just rips my heart out. It is such a beautiful scene!
I love the thread title too! It is soo true!

hshapir2, I like that song! Somehow I have seen Pink live twice. She always seemed to be opening for whoever's concert I was going to LOL. The song fits very well! It is almost freaky! lol
Old 03-29-2005, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetheartin
LOL, I was wondering that too! Kinda odd!!! There would have been thousands of names by now hee! This thread really does move quickly! It is nice!
Totally true! There would have been sooooo many names by now! Yeah, this thread does move wicked fast. Very amazing considering this show is in re-run land.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:54 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen

I'm sure that there was a shipper list somewhere at sometime. Every since I became a member, I don't recall there being one. Would you want to start another list?

Lisa

Angel- I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop. Buffy- Me, me, too. I can't either.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Would you want to start another list?
Yes please Pace & Jo!

Quote:
That is the ultimate Pacey/Joey song.
Finally, "This Year's Love" by David Gray is definitely my favorite PJ song! It is such an amazing song and whenever I hear it, I think of PJ and that scene at the end of "Coming Home". It makes me happy just thinking about the two of them and how adorable and in love they were.

Quote:
My Invitation is such a beautiful song, and was played during the "I remember everything" scene, which is my ALL-TIME favorite, and I don't know, I just thought the song fit the scene PERFECTLY, and its just such an emotional song and the scene is so emotional, that it really affected me, and still does now everytime I hear it.
PJButterflies, this one is also up there! The "I remember everything" scene is also my all-time favorite! And I agree, it is such an emotional and powerful song. It encompasses all the feelings and angst and is just a wonderful song!

Pacey and Joey

Proud NikitaWitter Avie User
Old 03-29-2005, 06:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueLovePJer
Shannon, affected me personally or affected me while watching a particular scene?
It's subjective.

I the title too!

PJButterflies, great choice! That was such a heartbreaking moment, and the song choice was excellent.

I suppose I should answer my own discussion question. I have to say that I love "In Your Keeping" by Jann Arden for the finale TLD scene. It was so bittersweet, very sad, and I'm so mad that they replaced it on the DVD. It was such an emotional scene, the way Pacey was just like "It's over, isn't it", and Joey replies "It has to be."

Thanks hshapir! Good to have support. I definitely think discussions liven things up, too; and we're a pretty mature bunch. We all definitely love P/J, so as long as we have that in common, we're golden.
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
Closed Thread   Post New Thread