Dunst, Samantha Mathis, Christian Bale,
Gabriel Byrne, and Susan Sarandon!

Related Thread

Jo and Laurie

Post away!

Last edited by Cotton Candy; 06-04-2006 at 10:15 PM

Old 11-25-2003, 02:07 AM
Passionate Fan

hey! i just posted on the Sound of Music thread, and lookies here! another one of my favs! i can honestly say Sound of Music and Little Women are my two favorite movies. have we got good taste [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

anyways i love Winona Ryder, her role as Jo is unparallel. the spirit, confusion, and growth the character experienced and had were SO believable through Winona's acting it's almost chilling.

i loooooove Christian Bale in this too, so cute..i love his eyes. ::giggles:: i just think this film had an excellent cast, from Marmee to Jo. i even loved Kirsten Dunst as little Amy, the older one i dunno about, she seemed to have lost her spunk, but oh well!

so yeah, did i mention i love Christian Bale? haha...

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] purplestar [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2003, 03:38 AM
Passionate Fan

Oh yay! I love this movie but it always frustrates me a little. Why did'nt Jo and Laurie get together? they had such great chemistry.

My favourite March sister is definately JO. I just like her spirit and I totally understand where she's coming from.

Sawyer/Sun | Jack/Sun | Fearless Soul | Seeker |
Old 11-25-2003, 03:58 AM
Addicted Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Another movie I love! It's funny, because I usually enjoy a book more than it's movie adaption, but for some reason, everytime I try starting Little Women, I can't get past the 5th chapter! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] But I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] the movie! It's a great movie to just spend a cold afternoon watching [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2003, 09:46 AM
Cotton Candy

Quote:
Originally posted by purplestar:
<STRONG>i can honestly say Sound of Music and Little Women are my two favorite movies. have we got good taste [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Yep, we do! ITA with you on Winona's acting. She was really believable as Jo. The whole cast was phenomenal though.

Eowyn_Evenstar-That used to bother me too. But, Laurie was part of Jo's childhood and I guess it was showing that growing up changes things. I guess she also needed someone that could help her with her strong ambitions. They had a bittersweet ending, which are usually the best kind, but I loved Jo and Laurie's relationship as well and there's still a part of me that wishes they had gotten married at the end.

xallyx-It's definitely a great movie to watch on a cold afternoon [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-25-2003, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] this movie. It's one of my favorites. I read the book and tried to watch the other versions but didn't like them as much as the 94 movie version. I saw the 94 version first and that will always have a special place in my heart.
My sister and I use to (and sometimes still do) recite the lines. When Beth says "I'm not afraid. I can be brave like you. But, I know I shall be homesick for you. Even in heaven I burst into tears.
My fav March sister is Amy. I relate to her the most. I also like Amy and Laurie together...runs away from the tomatoes. Jo and Laurie will always have a special connection but I couldn't see them as a couple. That's why I don't mind Laurie and Amy being together.
Old 11-25-2003, 01:23 PM
Master Fan

Awww, I LOVE this movie! Hated the ending, but *sigh* such a nice movie. My favorite character is Jo, because I can see so much of myself in her. She's passionate, free-spirited, and very relatable. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I love Jo and Laurie, mostly because Christian Bale and Winona Ryder have fantastic chemistry, and also because the characters themselves have a special connection. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Christian Bale is lush. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
Old 11-25-2003, 05:24 PM
Cotton Candy

Moonlight Serenade-Welcome! Don't worry, no one's going to throw things at you. You have a right to your opinion. Post again [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Shannon-ITA with everything you said.

I ordered this movie on VHS the other day, so hopefully I'll be getting it soon [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-25-2003, 06:31 PM
Loyal Fan

I loved this book, and just recently saw the movie. Jo is my favorite sister, she's a lot like me so that's probably why I like her.

“A car is not a bedroom on wheels!”-Kitty, That 70’s Show
Old 11-25-2003, 07:16 PM
Cotton Candy

Ooh, did you see it Sunday night? I saw the first half of it on UPN and that was the night that reminded me how great this movie was. Thus, this thread was created [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-25-2003, 09:27 PM
Addicted Fan

Christian Bale. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

I love this book and I love this movie too, a faithful adaption. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] My fave March sister has always been Jo, she's like the Elizabeth Bennet of this book. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Since I loathe Amy, I don't like the fact that she and Laurie ended up together either, but I didn't necessarily want Laurie and Jo together, although I much preferred them over Laurie and Amy. I don't know, I like Jo being with Professor Bhaer, he's quite sweet. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

The part when Hannah spinkles the rose petals across Beth's pillow is what sets me off. [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]

- Erin, from TWOP.
Old 11-26-2003, 01:39 AM
Master Fan

This is one of my favourite movies ever! I cry everytime I watch it (even though I know what's going to happen). The part that really sets off the waterworks is when Jo sees Beth in her room and Beth tells Jo that she's not afraid anymore (or something to that effect). [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]

And it still wretches my heart to watch Jo reject Laurie. [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] Why couldn't they just end up together??

My fave sister has to be Jo. She's just so cool! She's also kind of like me. She's sort of a tomboy & she loves to write.

This movie made me fall in love with Christian Bale. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

[ 11-26-2003: Message edited /./ Aya /./ ]
Old 11-26-2003, 10:08 AM
Cotton Candy

The scene where Beth dies is definitely a tearjerking moment. Claire Danes was amazing in this movie.

I also wish Jo and Laurie had ended up together. But, bittersweet endings always tug at the heart strings and it seemed to be that kind of film.

Old 11-26-2003, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by DCreekFreak:
[QB]Moonlight Serenade-Welcome! Don't worry, no one's going to throw things at you. You have a right to your opinion. Post again [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
thanks DCreekFreak [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

even though not a lot of people like Jo and the professor together I still like the ending. I think it's one of the best and sweetest ever. The book goes past the engagement of Jo & Prof. Bhear but I think the movie ended it at the right spot. I like how it's raining and the audiences sees the house in the distance.

*sigh* I'm in the mood to see my dvd now.

oh and I want to add that I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] the costumes and music.
Old 11-26-2003, 01:36 PM
Cotton Candy

You're very welcome [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] It's interesting to hear other people's perspectives.

I would love to get the DVD! Right now, I just own the video. I actually ordered it this week, so it didn't arrive yet. But, I can't wait until it does! I haven't seen the second half of the movie in a long time.

I agree with you on the costumes and music. They only enhanced the already well written script.

[ 11-26-2003: Message edited DCreekFreak ]

Closed Thread   Post New Thread