Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2011, 06:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Cullen (View Post)
I so want these two to end up together!! I am like 99% sure they will but there is always just that room for doubt lol
Hi Bella

Welcome to the thread, would you like to be added to our shipper list?

I'm 99% sure they'll end up together too - I've got my heart set on a Christmas wedding in the special.

I think we'll be in for a very angsty rollercoaster ride with them though, especially after reading the series 2 spoilers. Still, the angst is one of the reasons I love them!
Others - Snow White/Charming (OUAT), Amy/Rory (Dr Who), Arthur/Gwen (Merlin), Ron/Hermione (Harry Potter), Darcy/Elizabeth (Pride & Prejudice), John/Margaret (North and South) & Chandler/Monica (Friends).
Silver's/Laura's fanfic and LJ.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:20 PM
Master Fan

Yes please

While i understand stumbling blocks are necessary gah I just don't like them, lol!! I would love for them to be married in the special!

While it's not all too reliable in some cases I take great comfort for the moment that on imdb
Spoiler:

I relly hope that site is reliable in regards to this, lol

Jamie and Claire Fraser
Icon: pure_flames on LJ
Old 08-30-2011, 06:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Yes please

While i understand stumbling blocks are necessary gah I just don't like them, lol!! I would love for them to be married in the special!

While it's not all too reliable in some cases I take great comfort for the moment that on imdb
Spoiler:

I relly hope that site is reliable in regards to this, lol
Ok, I've added you Bella! Thanks for joining us.

I agree, stumbling blocks are annoying. I almost screamed at the TV when series 1 ended with no happy ending for them. Whilst I knew there was a series 2 planned then, I also knew when the show started, there was no series 2 confirmed, so they gave us that cliff hanger without a guarantee it would continue!!

No idea how I'm going to be able to wait a week for each episode this autumn!
Others - Snow White/Charming (OUAT), Amy/Rory (Dr Who), Arthur/Gwen (Merlin), Ron/Hermione (Harry Potter), Darcy/Elizabeth (Pride & Prejudice), John/Margaret (North and South) & Chandler/Monica (Friends).
Old 08-30-2011, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the welcome guys. And for the add.

I hate when shows put obstacles in the way of my couples but I get that it needs to be done. There has to be angst and Matthew/Mary do angst so well. From everything Michelle and Dan have said and the summaries of spoilers I've read I have no doubt that they'll be reunited. It's just a matter of when. I'm glad though that I didn't watch the show live... not knowing if it was getting another season and having to wait week to week... that would be torture!

Quote:
No idea how I'm going to be able to wait a week for each episode this autumn!
Ugh yes.... that's one reason why I wait until shows have finished or they have a few seasons because then I can watch it all at once without the waiting. I'm so impatient.

To stir up some conversation what are everyone's favorite scenes?

This has to be one of my favorite scenes of anything. The flirting, the looks, the facial expressions (the head tilt, the eyebrow, and the lip licking!)... I just adore everything about it.

credit
Maybe I’ll shine by comparison.
Maybe you will.

Also... I LOVE the Turn of the Screw screencaps from the previous page. I saw that movie a few weeks ago and I thought it was so well done. Michelle was perfect and I loved Dan/Michelle's scenes together. They were my favorite parts.

You're not my employee. You're my P A R T N E R.
How do I look? | Like a HERO
~Ash DR|RN|DB|MJ|JP
Old 08-31-2011, 08:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Yes, Mary and Matthew do angst so well, but also banter and flirting and arguing and, well everything! LOL!

I recorded all of series 1 off TV, so I was able to watch it pretty much all in one go. I don't think I can wait to do that this time around though - so I'll be there for the 8 weeks wanting to know what happens! A week in between is just too cruel.

As for my favourite M/M scene? Well, I love all of them, but my favourite is definitely the kiss. Not only was I waiting for it for ages, but it's just so BANG! WOW! INTENSE! and Matthew's eyes and the way they still keep on dancing around the issue, never really saying aloud how they feel. Sigh... So very them!

I also really loved the handshake scene and the fair scene and the Andromeda scene. Hmmm, basically just all of them!
Old 08-31-2011, 11:30 AM
Master Fan

This is definitely my favorite scene

As you just said so well Silverduck2day I just love how Matthew just kept dancing around the fact that she couldn't love him I think it really got to her! I love how he told her he remembered everything she told him the first time he went there (that he was the monster in the Perseus story) This scene (the kiss one) was just perfect, full of angst, emotions and chemistry and I LOVED it

I hope you don't mind if I repost those gifs cause I can't stop starring them

I watch the vids There are very beautiful, all of them!! But I would love to re-watch the real scenes with what they say and everything

I didn't know they were in another movie together as well! I might watch it too

Welcome Bella Cullen

Spoiler:
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 08-31-2011, 07:38 PM
Loyal Fan

re: the spoilers:
Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

re: favorite scenes:

All of them. Seriously. I cheered for them from the moment Mary appeared on the doorstep of the Crawley House living room.

Favorite scene is the kiss, for all the reasons cited. But I also love how it came to fruition, not only within the episode, but also in the series, with each episode establishing a step forward in their relationship. (Yes, even episode 5, when he leaves after the dinner, because it forced them to reckon the depth of their feelings.) So it wasn't something that came out of nowhere, but a natural progression of events that raised our expectations every step of the way. And I LOVED that in that wonderful, layered conversation that led them to succumb to their feelings, they got to revisit the history of their relationship, indeed some of the best moments for their fans, eg. "Shall I remind you of some of the choicest remarks you made about me when I arrived here? Because they live in my memory as fresh as the day they were spoken."/ "Oh, Matthew. What am I always telling you? You must pay no attention to the things I say." It's like TPTB's way of saying, 'Remember how they started? Here's your payoff.'

(credit: areyouenglishsir)

It's tough to choose, but my next favorite would have to be their fight in the next episode, when she comes back from London. I've always found the next scene after a key moment in a relationship (eg. first kiss, first love scene) to speak volumes about the nature of the relationship, and I wasn't disappointed with M&M's. Because THEY FOUGHT LIKE A MARRIED COUPLE!!! If you're familiar with the French language, it's as if in the prev. eps., they were 'vousvoyer'-ing (addressing each other formally), but after the kiss, after he proposed, they switched to 'tu' (the informal form). And that's VERY intimate. I loved how once the barrier was torn down and they realized and admitted they loved each other, they were honest with each other, even brutally if necessary, in ways they couldn't before when they were tiptoeing around. And for me, that's COUPLING. I wouldn't refuse a love scene btw the two, but if I can't have that, I'll take emotional intimacy. And I LOVED we had that in ep. 7, despite the heartbreak. I LOVE that even their fight, even their break-up shows how much they love each other.

(credit: fyd)

Quote:
MATTHEW CRAWLEY: Let me get this clear. At Sybil’s ball you said you’d give me your answer the day you got back. And now you say you will not.
MARY CRAWLEY: Why do we have to rush into it? I need to be sure, that’s all!
MATTHEW CRAWLEY: But you were sure. Shall I tell you what I think has altered you? My prospects. Because nothing else has changed.
MARY CRAWLEY: No.
MATTHEW CRAWLEY: Yes! If your mother’s child is a boy, then HE is the heir and I go back to living on my wits and you’d rather not follow me.
MARY CRAWLEY: Oh Matthew! You also make everything so black and white!
MATTHEW CRAWLEY: I think this is black and white! Do you love me enough to spend your life with me? If you don’t then say no. If you do then say yes.
MARY CRAWLEY: I want t-… Granny told me I should say ‘yes’ now and withdraw if you lost everything.
MATTHEW CRAWLEY: To make that work, you’d have to be a good liar. Are you a good liar?
MARY CRAWLEY: Well not good enough to try it apparently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Up A Sun (View Post)
This has to be one of my favorite scenes of anything. The flirting, the looks, the facial expressions (the head tilt, the eyebrow, and the lip licking!)... I just adore everything about it.

(credit: mcmorgans)

Last edited by scherra; 08-31-2011 at 07:48 PM
Old 08-31-2011, 07:51 PM
Master Fan

Well boo
Spoiler:

Jamie and Claire Fraser
Icon: pure_flames on LJ
Old 09-01-2011, 02:44 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, sadly I just don't think IMDB has been very up to date with listing characters and episodes.

As for favourite scenes, yeah, I love how each one was another step along the way. They showed us all the key moments for them and, whilst I wouldn't have complained about many more, I think we M/M shippers get more actual moments than the other ships.

I like what you say about the post London argument between them, Scherra. They really are like a proper couple here, having a big fight. I love how passionate it gets, especially Matthew as, whilst it shows they're both pretty stupid (and should just TALK not fight) it shows how deep and strong their feelings are.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverduck2day (View Post)
Yeah, sadly I just don't think IMDB has been very up to date with listing characters and episodes.

As for favourite scenes, yeah, I love how each one was another step along the way. They showed us all the key moments for them and, whilst I wouldn't have complained about many more, I think we M/M shippers get more actual moments than the other ships.

I like what you say about the post London argument between them, Scherra. They really are like a proper couple here, having a big fight. I love how passionate it gets, especially Matthew as, whilst it shows they're both pretty stupid (and should just TALK not fight) it shows how deep and strong their feelings are.
Aaaaw

I also think we had more shipper moments than other couples on the show But I think we deserved it because of the reason they started off together

I agree Scherra as well, about the way this argument seemed intimate, and I loved it as well for that but I was still sad that Mary didn't love Matthew enough to tell him yes eventhough he wasn't the heir I think she realized how wrong she was in episode 7 but it was too late, and I think now it's Matthew's turn to realize that it wasn't all a dream, that Mary loved him there and is sure of her feelings for him now

Good moment

Old 09-01-2011, 06:53 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaSparrow (View Post)
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Aaaaw

I also think we had more shipper moments than other couples on the show But I think we deserved it because of the reason they started off together

I agree Scherra as well, about the way this argument seemed intimate, and I loved it as well for that but I was still sad that Mary didn't love Matthew enough to tell him yes eventhough he wasn't the heir I think she realized how wrong she was in episode 7 but it was too late, and I think now it's Matthew's turn to realize that it wasn't all a dream, that Mary loved him there and is sure of her feelings for him now
Hmmm, I think one of the main reasons Mary kept on delaying was because she was too afraid to tell Matthew about Pamuk. If it wasn't for that, I don't think she would have stalled so with accepting him, even when they didn't know if he'd be the heir. That's just my thoughts though.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Please add me.

Love this couple after seeing this great series. I just looked her up because I thought I knew the actress from something and it turned out she played the false Marissa in Hanna.

Spoiler:

Is there any thread for this series as a whole? I tried to find it, but am perhaps looking in the wrong way.
Hate: Animal Cruelty
Old 09-01-2011, 10:23 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanora (View Post)
Please add me.

Love this couple after seeing this great series. I just looked her up because I thought I knew the actress from something and it turned out she played the false Marissa in Hanna.

Spoiler:

Is there any thread for this series as a whole? I tried to find it, but am perhaps looking in the wrong way.
Welcome to the thread Vanora. I've added you to our shipper list. It's getting quite long now, which is great!

I'm not sure if there is an overall Downton Abbey thread here. When I set up this one, I didn't see any others for DA, but it's possible I missed them or some have been added since.

I do have a terrible habit of mainly talking about Mary/Matthew rather than DA in general though...
Old 09-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Hmmm, I think one of the main reasons Mary kept on delaying was because she was too afraid to tell Matthew about Pamuk. If it wasn't for that, I don't think she would have stalled so with accepting him, even when they didn't know if he'd be the heir. That's just my thoughts though.
I thought about that too I hope this is the real reason but I'm not really sure because of the other woman who gave her bad ideas

Nice to see you here Vanora I don't think there's a board for Downton Abbey but there should definitely be one
Old 09-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Oh I wouldn't have had it any other way, M&M fight FTW! If they had just talked, it wouldn't have been that different from their previous scenes, in which all they do is talk, except for you-know-when. Even when they got angry, they'd maintain a veneer of civility (eg. Mary's reaction when she overheard Matthew's comment about Robert pushing his daughters on him, or the whole Andromeda & sea monster exchange). No more of that, no more hiding behind civility and manners, no more reading between the lines, it's no-holds-barred emotional exchange when it comes to their relationship. In the world of Downton Abbey, it's a privilege allowed only for those who have admitted their feelings for each other and have grown close. So a part of me was cheering big time because you only fight like that with your loved ones, and it was a 'blazing with the power of thousand suns' (literally the weather was unbelievably gorgeous in ep. 7) passionate, neon-sign moment that said OTP OTP OTP even as it laid the ground for their break-up.

And I LOVE that even when he could get that confrontational with her, he couldn't bear to hear his mother speak ill of Mary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaSparrow (View Post)
I don't think she didn't give him an answer because she didn't love him enough. For one thing, as silverduck2day has pointed out, there's her big Pamuk secret which has been weighing on her from the moment he proposed, even if it wasn't very clear in ep. 7 because it took a backseat to her mother's pregnancy and her confrontation with Edith. But even setting that aside, I don't blame her for having doubts about whether she'd be happy stripped of a lifestyle she’d been raised to expect for herself. I’d rather she have doubts and question herself than blindly walk into the marriage only to grow unhappy with the cold dose of reality. I don't believe having such doubts means she loves him any less. And I don't think it rules out the possibility she could have overcome those doubts eventually and made a choice she could accept and live with. I don't think it was wrong of her to want some time and space to think about a life different from what she'd been groomed to expect from the day she was born. That doesn't mean I blame Matthew either for his inability to give her what she wanted, to trust her to make the right choice eventually, because I realize he was struggling with his own insecurities, his fear that she might not love him as much as he did, because he was the one who fell in love first and he had to wait for her to reciprocate his feelings.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread