Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

K-Pop Campaign Thread

K-Pop Campaign Thread

ABOUT
Korean pop is a music genre originating in South Korea that is characterized by
a wide variety of audiovisual elements. The current global spread of K-pop and Korean
entertainment known as the Korean Wave is seen not only in East and Southeast Asia, but
also Latin America, India, North Africa, the Middle East, and the Western world, gaining a
widespread global audience. +

Supporters
blaↄkpink
Shadowhunter
witch with claws
Devil's Cry
miranstarr
Sashimi
a little chaos
KeepThisaSecret
Sunnyolaf
Voting Icons

made by Ann
more:
Spoiler:

made by Josie

**if you have a gif or image you'd like to be made into an icon, please post it in this thread!

Icons
Blackpink:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
BTS: 1, 2
EXO: 1, 2, 3
f(x): 1, 2
NCT: 1
Oh My Girl: 1
Red Velvet: 1, 2
Seventeen: 1
Sunmi: 1
Twice: 1, 2, 3

VIXX: 1

May Comeback Spotlight

Future Board Guide Ideas
Spoiler:

Last edited by pink velvet; 06-19-2018 at 03:00 PM
Old 10-11-2017, 11:54 AM
Graphics Team

Oh nice idea.
I don't think I know any K-Pop really other than Dami Im. She's fantastic.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 10-11-2017, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by witch with claws (View Post)
Oh nice idea.
I don't think I know any K-Pop really other than Dami Im. She's fantastic.
Thank you! I thought a board could be fun since the kpop world moves so fast and there's always something new to talk about! I don't think I know her! Have you ever watched a kpop music video? Should I try to entice you to watch one?
Old 10-11-2017, 04:24 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Rae It's so good to see you back on

Can you add me to the list? I listen to too much Kpop these days.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:33 PM
Graphics Team

Rae, I think she's kinda K-Pop? I'm not entirely sure
I mean she did say she always wanted to do Kpop herself.. and she does do pop music. But I never actually did figure out 100% if she's classified as kpop.

And sure feel free to post vids
Old 10-11-2017, 10:01 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I don't think she is considered as Kpop although I know BoA was an influence for her and I think she auditioned when she was younger?

Definitely check out Red Velvet Their songs are a bit quirky but they are really catchy.

Old 10-12-2017, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowhunter (View Post)
Rae It's so good to see you back on

Can you add me to the list? I listen to too much Kpop these days.
Oh wow, Ann! Hello! It's been so long! I'm glad to be back in this more chill corner of the internet

Our interests continue to align it seems! I'll add you now! Who are your favorite groups/artists? Aside from Red Velvet I'm guessing

Quote:
Originally Posted by witch with claws (View Post)
Rae, I think she's kinda K-Pop? I'm not entirely sure
I mean she did say she always wanted to do Kpop herself.. and she does do pop music. But I never actually did figure out 100% if she's classified as kpop.

And sure feel free to post vids
What Ann said upon investigation I don't think she's kpop! And definitely watch that Red Velvet music video! It's a fun song that'll get you bopping!

I would like to recommend Blackpink's "As If It's Your Last" because I love the group but also because I feel like this video is a great representation of what kpop music videos are known for. It's really colorful, the staging is amazing, the outfits are great, and there's dancing. I feel like it's a good one to watch if you're curious about what kpop music videos are like.

Also for continued visual splendor I will put this one out there too!
Old 10-12-2017, 06:07 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I know it's been so long It is definitely a lot chiller than a lot of places

It does seem so My favourite groups are EXO, Wanna One, Got7, Red Velvet, Twice, Gfriend and BlackPink. But they do change around a lot but these groups I tend to follow a bit more especially the boy groups since I'm more up to date with what they are doing. Who are your favourites, Rae?

I agree about the BlackPink MV. Plus, I think with most Kpop videos it's fun to watch and see the dancing within the videos. Plus, I think it's always so exciting seeing a comeback and watching the stages in the music shows during the week.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Helloooooo!!!!! I listen to a variety of groups, but my love is EXO.

If we wanna talk mv visuals, I gotta bring up VIXX!
Old 10-13-2017, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Blackpink's new magazine cover is so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowhunter (View Post)
It does seem so My favourite groups are EXO, Wanna One, Got7, Red Velvet, Twice, Gfriend and BlackPink. But they do change around a lot but these groups I tend to follow a bit more especially the boy groups since I'm more up to date with what they are doing. Who are your favourites, Rae?

I agree about the BlackPink MV. Plus, I think with most Kpop videos it's fun to watch and see the dancing within the videos. Plus, I think it's always so exciting seeing a comeback and watching the stages in the music shows during the week.
Those are excellent choices! My favorites are BTS, Blackpink, Red Velvet, Winner, Big Bang, 2NE1, Mamamoo and many others that I check out, but like you I'm not necessarily up to date with everything they are doing. I just appreciate a lot of music! I've also been getting into Twice more recently.

KPop does music videos and performances so much better than the west I feel like. It really becomes an EVENT filled with teasers and photos and dance videos and all sorts of goodies when new music is released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
Helloooooo!!!!! I listen to a variety of groups, but my love is EXO.

If we wanna talk mv visuals, I gotta bring up VIXX!
Hello hello! Would you like to be added to the list? That's awesome! What song have you been jamming to lately?

You should post a video of theirs!
Old 10-13-2017, 01:12 PM
Graphics Team

Thanks for posting those vids I really like the Blackpink one. And even though I have no clue what they're all saying in any vid (except the little bit of English I heard), they all have great vocals.
I think that's why I never listened to really any K-Pop, because I don't know what they're saying at all But the visuals are fantastic
Old 10-13-2017, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm so glad you enjoyed the videos!! I understand how the language barrier can be off putting. I guess it just doesn't bother me because I can pick up on the vibe of the song! Music is universal and such. Plus translations are floating around out there

But since you liked Blackpink () I'll go ahead and share another video of theirs this is currently their biggest hit and the chorus is predominately in English!
Old 10-13-2017, 03:24 PM
Graphics Team

Oh I like this one too Is that one girl rapping? Cuz it kinda sounds like it, and it's nice.
They have some really catchy tune's.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ah yes! I see Lisa has caught your eye...or ear She's the main rapper of the group! And the youngest! Here she is from the two videos you saw!

+

Old 10-13-2017, 03:50 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus Bane (View Post)
Those are excellent choices! My favorites are BTS, Blackpink, Red Velvet, Winner, Big Bang, 2NE1, Mamamoo and many others that I check out, but like you I'm not necessarily up to date with everything they are doing. I just appreciate a lot of music! I've also been getting into Twice more recently.

KPop does music videos and performances so much better than the west I feel like. It really becomes an EVENT filled with teasers and photos and dance videos and all sorts of goodies when new music is released.
Thanks Your choices are fantastic too I enjoy Winner too especially their first album I think it's really hard being up to date with everything since they always have so many different activities going on. Twice are really cute and they have a comeback coming up at the end of this month

It does I love that they do that since it makes it more exciting. Also their physical albums are amazing They give us so much stuff with the poster, photocards, photoshoots and any extra goodies they decide to put in it.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread