Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-13-2012, 05:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Agreed that everyone is struggling to come to terms with all this. I think right now, it's easier for both Daphne and Bay to lash out at Regina because the pain of the truth is still so fresh, all the insecurities are still there. But I think that once both girls see that Regina isn't going anywhere because she loves them both and that they're not losing anything but gaining more people that love them, and the insecurities start to be put to rest, I think both girls might look back and change their perception a bit on how they view the past and Regina's decision at the time.
It is easy to lash out at Regina. I get it. For Bay it is a lot about insecurity that Regina will leave and not get to know her, and for Daphne I think there's some insecurity about her loving Bay more since she is her biological daughter and she thinks Regina could feel the pull to Bay more.

As the years go by and they spend more time together, all that fear will dissipate and they'll realize they are lucky to have two sets of parents, and I think they will have a different view of the past, the present and the future.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:03 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
It is easy to lash out at Regina. I get it. For Bay it is a lot about insecurity that Regina will leave and not get to know her, and for Daphne I think there's some insecurity about her loving Bay more since she is her biological daughter and she thinks Regina could feel the pull to Bay more.

As the years go by and they spend more time together, all that fear will dissipate and they'll realize they are lucky to have two sets of parents, and I think they will have a different view of the past, the present and the future.
You think Daphne really does feel insecure about the possibility of Regina loving Bay more and feeling that pull?

I think its true, a mother is always drawn to her child, whether she raised them or not.

Both girls have their own set of issues with Regina but I hope one day they'll all heal and Regina will be able to get close to her blood daughter..

Both Kathryn and Regina have two daughters and they're all very lucky.

Daphne and Bay gained a sister in each other(When all the dust settles and everyone heals, they'll be able to get to that sister title)
Old 08-14-2012, 05:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
You think Daphne really does feel insecure about the possibility of Regina loving Bay more and feeling that pull?
Yes, I wouldn't be surprised if the show gets into that more at some point. It's a pretty natural direction considering that Regina is 'mom' to Daphne, this is the woman who raised her and knows her the best.

But you're right, in the end, I think Bay and Daphne will uncover that they each got a new sister out of this. There will be no need to even compete for Regina's time and affections, nor the Kennishes.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:23 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ I agree w/ you on that plus both girls should be grateful that they can have her in their life in no matter what.. Even Regina love them equally..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 08-14-2012, 09:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yes, I do. She may not voice it, but I think it's something that is underlying in her. Even in a "regular" family I think sometimes people feel like their parents have favorites. She doesn't know how Regina feels because they've never had the conversation, and I'm sure Regina feels similar to Kathryn; that although Regina carried Bay and Bay is her blood, she raised Daphne and probably feels closer to Daphne. But like I said, Daphne doesn't know that.

I agree with Heather though that eventually Bay and Daphne will come to regard one another as sisters and it won't be a competition thing and it will be something they are grateful for.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:11 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Yes, I do. She may not voice it, but I think it's something that is underlying in her. Even in a "regular" family I think sometimes people feel like their parents have favorites. She doesn't know how Regina feels because they've never had the conversation, and I'm sure Regina feels similar to Kathryn; that although Regina carried Bay and Bay is her blood, she raised Daphne and probably feels closer to Daphne. But like I said, Daphne doesn't know that.

I agree with Heather though that eventually Bay and Daphne will come to regard one another as sisters and it won't be a competition thing and it will be something they are grateful for.
You think Bay has that same fear with Kathryn regarding Daphne?
Old 08-14-2012, 12:01 PM
Addicted Fan

I think what Alyssa and Heather are saying about Daphne's insecurities regarding Regina and Bay make sense. I think Bay has the same fears regarding Kathryn and Daphne.

I think both Bay and Daphne's anger at Regina is understandable, even if it isn't easy to watch at times.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:02 PM
Addicted Fan

Sorry about the double post!
Old 08-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
You think Bay has that same fear with Kathryn regarding Daphne?

I do think Bay has the same fear, especially after hearing grandma spout on and on about Daphne being smart and Bay being less than smart. Plus Daphne's good at sports like John, and I think Bay feels like Daphne fits in better with the Kennishes. I wonder if they'll touch upon that with regard to Regina and Bay and art.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, that's what so obvious about it all, lol, it might be the opposite set of parents but both girls are dealing the same insecurities as it relates to fitting in with their biological family. Nobody can understand each other better than themselves.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:02 PM
Elite Fan

Exactly. Bay is always going to feel less than and Daphne probably feels it too. Which is why I hope they expand their friendship this half and allow them to grow as friends and sisters.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, because there really is a honest and solid foundation there for them to bond.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:24 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, it'll be great to see them get to that point where they consider themselves sisters or at least good friends.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:00 PM
Addicted Fan

I really hope Regina can show Bay the love she feels for her. Bay may doubt it but it's there
Old 08-20-2012, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hopefully we will see some more growth in that direction this season. The writers need to create some set of circumstances that allows Bay to come around to trusting Regina more and feeling a bond between them flourish.