Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

thanks
Old 02-11-2013, 05:32 AM
New Fan

Ok putting my two cents in here

I thought this was a decent filler episode with a good main story and a good set up for next week

-The opening scene with Gold and Charming ‘and then what you are going to cross the town line and David Nolan is going to hunt me in his truck?’ Best. Line. In. The. Whole. Episode. Also love how Charming is trying to show Gold that if people actually like you, they will try to protect your family without threads. Also love the fact that these two really have a family to protect and that Charming really sees that
-All the Emma/Gold/Henry scenes I don’t think Henry was being stupid, I actually liked the way he interacts with Gold, being all innocent and not showing any sign of fear. And he is supposed to get on your nerves he is a kid, and a pre-teen they tend to sometimes do that. And hello the ice cream besides when he went into the bathroom after Gold it was clear to me from his expressions that he indeed was worried for him.
-Anton. I love the actor and was happy to see him and his story was moving I felt for him and I like that there is a chance that we will see him again
-James, ahahaha lol he is such a douche I liked the portrayal of him in contrast to Charming
-Belle…yes I hate how she was treated but there is something in the way she asked about ‘that man’ that kind of gives me hope. Now this is probably my rumbelle schipping brain over reacting but there was something in here expression and voice that makes me think she regrets breaking that cup
-Lana Parilla’s acting although she was not in the episode much she rocked it the evil queen and then still the reforming Regina in there and just all the layers she put into the character I loved it
-I like that Snow and Charming are not on one page about returning I hope this will become an issue, not because I want them hurt or broken up or anything I quite enjoy them together but I think it is really nice that they are showing a couple that has been together for such a long time and then still have problems and disagreements. I think it is very realistic
-Best thing about the episode? Gold and his panic attack and the fact that he cannot use magic anymore (because how?why?and how?)

Disliked
-As I said Belle’s treatment… because seriously?!? Protecting your identities is so important to you that you would sedate a person constantly and lie to her and treat her in that way? And really? They couldn’t show Snow and Charming at least talk about visiting Belle? Yes, Rumple come back and kill all of them! (sorry) on a more positive note to the negative I hope that Belle’s treatment improves in the next episodes and I hope this will lead to Rumple understanding that he needs to tell her the truth. Because someone needs to just tell her the truth to gain a bit of her trust and get her out of that hospital! (rant over now)
-That comment to Regina? Really Snow? Henry calls Regina his mom that should be enough for everyone to accept that Henry just happens to have two mums and that Regina is important in his life as well. And if you don’t want the Evil Queen to become even more evil don’t push her away when she is trying to change. I don’t know I am really annoyed at that comment
-Jack was a bit underwhelming I had expected more out of her
-His name is David? Really?
-Why is Hook not in jail?

On to the promo for Manhattan (I cannot be more excited for that episode despite the fact that Neal=Bae)
I am still hoping that Neal will turn out not to be Bae just because it is so obvious. But assuming he is Bae and he has his memories intact why would he run from Rumple? I mean Bae the child that we saw loves his papa that much is obvious to me. Rumple doesn’t look like the Dark One in this reality I would expect Bae to be shocked but not to run like that. The only reason for him to run would be Emma and then still I don’t see the point in him running but then again this is just a promo
Old 02-11-2013, 05:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

So is Rumple only powerless outside SB? Or are his powers gone all together?
Old 02-11-2013, 05:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenaya (View Post)
So is Rumple only powerless outside SB? Or are his powers gone all together?
I think its only because he is so far from SB. This could be a positive for him. He's has 300 years of being invulnerable. Now he's remembering what his old self was like. Plus he us a bundle of nerves in anticipation of seeing Bae.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:22 AM
Master Fan

This episode felt like mostly filler to me, but at least the information about the bean sprout will become an obvious plot point in the future. I thought Anton's story was done very well, and the part I probably enjoyed the most was seeing more of James and what a he was. Josh played the part beautifully.

Snowing = . They're always perfect.

Hook continues to know exactly how to play every single character in the entire town.

I thought too much time was spent on showing Rumple reverting to a magic-less cowardly mess. We get it - - he feels out of control and helpless. It's been done.

The twist on Jack being Jacqueline was no doubt meant to be cool, but IMO was wildly unoriginal. I feel like this show is heading into that territory, and it's starting to worry me just a little bit. I'm getting the same "they're winging all of it" feeling as I got in S2 of Lost...and that ended miserably. Throwing **** at a wall to see what sticks is a lousy storytelling technique, and I hope that K&H learned that (aka, what NOT to do) from Lindelof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieLiar (View Post)
NEXT EPISODE I can't wait!! Does anyone think Baelfire will be Emma's ex boyfriend?
Sadly, yes, I think it's 99.9% confirmed that Neal is going to be Baelfire. Which is pathetic, IMO, and goes back to that unoriginality thing.

Bae was an awesome, strong little boy who fought for what he believed to be right, who felt it was wrong to run away, who faced things head-on. And he grew up to be a coward, just like his father? A man who ran away from/abandoned Emma to imprisonment and to face a pregnancy terrified and alone? A man who is still sneaking out back doors and scaling down fire escapes to run away? That was the one thing he loathed about Rumple, so the writers turning Bae into the thing he hated is lame.

Am holding out a smidge of hope that Neal will end up being some random Schmoe who was only needed as a sperm donor to create Henry, so Emma could break the curse.

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:49 AM
New Fan

A few thoughts and questions: Jack & Regina

Okay, I don't usually post much, but this episode had me thinking more than usual! Did anyone think Jack's story sounded like Alice from Alice in Wonderland? I honestly thought she was Alice and was surprised when she introduced herself as Jacqueline or Jack.

My reasoning for Jack ties with Alice:
- James calls her a "wonder" in their first bedroom scene
- She talks about defeating the Jabberwocky
- The MUSHROOMS!

So yes, I'm a bit confused as to why they had to put so many Alice references in there.

Also, was that ever the REAL Regina or was it Cora the entire time? Regina already knew about what Cora did to Archie, so the first scene with the Charmings was definitely Cora. But for the rest of the episode, I'm confused where Regina is! Shape-shifting Cora is so sly!
Old 02-11-2013, 06:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aileen21 (View Post)
Okay, I don't usually post much, but this episode had me thinking more than usual! Did anyone think Jack's story sounded like Alice from Alice in Wonderland? I honestly thought she was Alice and was surprised when she introduced herself as Jacqueline or Jack.

My reasoning for Jack ties with Alice:
- James calls her a "wonder" in their first bedroom scene
- She talks about defeating the Jabberwocky
- The MUSHROOMS!

So yes, I'm a bit confused as to why they had to put so many Alice references in there.

Also, was that ever the REAL Regina or was it Cora the entire time? Regina already knew about what Cora did to Archie, so the first scene with the Charmings was definitely Cora. But for the rest of the episode, I'm confused where Regina is! Shape-shifting Cora is so sly!
I don't think Cora would have a reason to shape shift
Now that she's got Regina back.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
This episode felt like mostly filler to me, but at least the information about the bean sprout will become an obvious plot point in the future. I thought Anton's story was done very well, and the part I probably enjoyed the most was seeing more of James and what a he was. Josh played the part beautifully.

Snowing = . They're always perfect.

Hook continues to know exactly how to play every single character in the entire town.

I thought too much time was spent on showing Rumple reverting to a magic-less cowardly mess. We get it - - he feels out of control and helpless. It's been done.

The twist on Jack being Jacqueline was no doubt meant to be cool, but IMO was wildly unoriginal. I feel like this show is heading into that territory, and it's starting to worry me just a little bit. I'm getting the same "they're winging all of it" feeling as I got in S2 of Lost...and that ended miserably. Throwing **** at a wall to see what sticks is a lousy storytelling technique, and I hope that K&H learned that (aka, what NOT to do) from Lindelof.

Sadly, yes, I think it's 99.9% confirmed that Neal is going to be Baelfire. Which is pathetic, IMO, and goes back to that unoriginality thing.

Bae was an awesome, strong little boy who fought for what he believed to be right, who felt it was wrong to run away, who faced things head-on. And he grew up to be a coward, just like his father? A man who ran away from/abandoned Emma to imprisonment and to face a pregnancy terrified and alone? A man who is still sneaking out back doors and scaling down fire escapes to run away? That was the one thing he loathed about Rumple, so the writers turning Bae into the thing he hated is lame.

Am holding out a smidge of hope that Neal will end up being some random Schmoe who was only needed as a sperm donor to create Henry, so Emma could break the curse.

To each thier own I guess. It's easy to find fault in another character, even ones that don't exsist to protect a ship I guess.

First. Rumple being anxious and panicked is not a sign of being a coward. It's natural considering what he has done, lost and how long it took him to get to where he is at. And feeling vulnerable after all that time is also natural not cowardly.

Neal was not a coward. First he didn't know Emma was pregnant. Secondly he didn't want to leave her at all and certainly not in prison. He did what was the noble thing, and gave up his love so she could find her destiny..
He couldn't very.well go with her. He followed AUgsut's instructions.
It's funny how one minute certain fans complain that he's a coward then they turn around and complain that he better be angry at his dad. Him running in the preview could be that he saw his dad and doesn't know how to feel.

All this hate and acting like being a coward is a deadly sin is just strange.
A coward is a failing, but a human one. Something everyone has. And I dont even see them as acting cowardly. People in thier lives have done much much worse.
On the other hand objectifying women, being a bully, attempting to kill, and hurting an innocent women are signs of a sociopath, thankfully something Rumple, and Neal are not.

Last edited by Rhonwen; 02-11-2013 at 07:04 AM Reason: typing from my phone..grr
Old 02-11-2013, 06:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aileen21 (View Post)
That was Regina the whole time. She and Cora have now banded together, and Regina showing up at the Charmings' door seemed to be a ploy to get ahold of Henry.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

I kept looking at the clock during each commercial break and thinking "REALLY? 45/30/20/10 minutes to go and we've only had 1-2 scenes that don't involve an inconsequential backstory?!".

It's not that I mind learning about James & Anton, but until the veeery end (when the bean came into play in Storybrooke) it seemed like this entire flashback was just filler. Thankfully they turned it around in the twelfth hour, but still - I wanted to see more of Emma & Gold!

I think Jack was a waste of potential. If I'm not mistaken, Emma found her skeleton so it's confirmed she died.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:03 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Bae was an awesome, strong little boy who fought for what he believed to be right, who felt it was wrong to run away, who faced things head-on. And he grew up to be a coward, just like his father? A man who ran away from/abandoned Emma to imprisonment and to face a pregnancy terrified and alone?
To be fair Neal didn't know Emma was pregnant. And August seemed to make a pretty convincing case that Emma's destiny was more important. That it was for the greater good.

Bae always struck me as the kind of person who would put himself before others. Maybe that's what letting go of Emma meant for Neal. So that she could do her job and break the curse.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:03 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
To each thier own I guess.
Which is fortunately the purpose of this thread.

Quote:
First. Rumple being anxious and panicked is not a sign of being a coward. It's natural considering what he list and how long it took him to get to where he is at. And feeling vulnerable after all that time is also natural not cowardly.
He tried using magic to heal his fist and when he couldn't, he looked as if he were about to have a full-blown panic attack. He's feeling helpless without his crutch, and he's getting the same look in his eyes that we used to see pre-Dark!One. So yes, I believe that's his cowardly side coming out.

Rumple admitted that he used to be a coward. I agree with the character, and would much rather see him grow and move forward without the use of magic that can turn innocent people into snails. (And for the record, I love the character. Cowardice and all.)

Quote:
Neal was not a coward. First he didn't know Emma was pregnant. Secondly he didn't want to leave her at all and certainly not in prison. He did what was the noble thing, and gave up his love so she could find her destiny..
He couldn't very.well go with her.
We'll never know, because he fled at the first sign of whatever August had in the box.

Sure he felt guilty, sure he felt tortured. But the fact is, he did abandon Emma. And not only that, but he's the one who got her arrested & tossed in jail. He could have just disappeared. He could have just left her alone in the alley, never to be seen again. Emma had made her way alone once before, she could've done it again (and obviously did, once she was freed.) Seeing that she was incarcerated "for her own good", and walking away without even a hint of a fight for her/them, without a whiff of "there has to be a way I can stay and help her", will never fly with me. Emma's worst fear through her life is abandonment; which is what Neal did, for better or worse.

And look at it another way - - how do you think Emma will feel about it? Even a "but it was the right thing to do for you!" excuse may not go over too well. Neal did the worst thing he could've done to her, IMO. He left her alone.

To each, their own.
Quote:
It's funny how one minute certain fans complain that he's a coward then they turn around and complain that he better be angry at his dad. Him running in the preview could be that he saw his dad and dusky know how to feel.
He was angry at his dad, if he turns out to be Bae, and likely still is. The last thing he screamed at his father was "you coward!" And if he turned into the same thing - - it's going to be a very complicated family reunion.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:06 AM
New Fan

Quote:
To each thier own I guess. It's easy to find fault in another character, even ones that don't exsist to protect a ship I guess.

First. Rumple being anxious and panicked is not a sign of being a coward. It's natural considering what he has done, lost and how long it took him to get to where he is at. And feeling vulnerable after all that time is also natural not cowardly.

He couldn't very.well go with her. He followed AUgsut's instructions.
It's funny how one minute certain fans complain that he's a coward then they turn around and complain that he better be angry at his dad. Him running in the preview could be that he saw his dad and doesn't know how to feel.

All this hate and acting like being a coward is a deadly sin is just strange.
A coward is a failing, but a human one. Something everyone has. And I dont even see them as acting cowardly. People in thier lives have done much much worse.
On the other hand objectifying women, being a bully, attempting to kill, and hurting an innocent women are signs of a sociopath, thankfully something Rumple, and Neal are not.
That is actually a good explanation for why he would run I just thought it a bit strange for the rest I agree with everything you say here
Old 02-11-2013, 07:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Which is fortunately the purpose of this thread.

He tried using magic to heal his fist and when he couldn't, he looked as if he were about to have a full-blown panic attack. He's feeling helpless without his crutch, and he's getting the same look in his eyes that we used to see pre-Dark!One. So yes, I believe that's his cowardly side coming out.

Rumple admitted that he used to be a coward. I agree with the character, and would much rather see him grow and move forward without the use of magic that can turn innocent people into snails. (And for the record, I love the character. Cowardice and all.)

We'll never know, because he fled at the first sign of whatever August had in the box.
e
Sure he felt guilty, sure he felt tortured. But the fact is, he did abandon Emma. And not only that, but he's the one who got her arrested & tossed in jail. He could have just disappeared. He could have just left her alone in the alley, never to be seen again. Emma had made her way alone once before, she could've done it again (and obviously did, once she was freed.) Seeing that she was incarcerated "for her own good", and walking away without even a hint of a fight for her/them, without a whiff of "there has to be a way I can stay and help her", will never fly with me. Emma's worst fear through her life is abandonment; which is what Neal did, for better or worse. And look at it another way - - how do you think Emma will feel about it? Even a "but it was the right thing to do for you!" excuse may not go over too well.

To each, their own.

He was angry at his dad, if he turns out to be Bae. The last thing he screamed at his father was "you coward!" And if he turned into the same thing - - it's going to be a very complicated family reunion.
An Neal was abandoned very cruelly by his mother as a child, but there seems to be a lot of excuses for that, jsut because she was the "love" of Hook.

It's probably best if I stick to the other threads.. as much as I like to read others opinions on things, I tend to feel too defensive when it comes to character attacks. I realise I am no better when it comes to Hook. So I won't let my bias taint this thread .

Last edited by Rhonwen; 02-11-2013 at 07:22 AM
Old 02-11-2013, 07:16 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Sure he felt guilty, sure he felt tortured. But the fact is, he did abandon Emma. And not only that, but he's the one who got her arrested & tossed in jail. He could have just disappeared. He could have just left her alone in the alley, never to be seen again. Emma had made her way alone once before, she could've done it again (and obviously did, once she was freed.) Seeing that she was incarcerated "for her own good", and walking away without even a hint of a fight for her/them, without a whiff of "there has to be a way I can stay and help her", will never fly with me. Emma's worst fear through her life is abandonment; which is what Neal did, for better or worse.
I agree with you.

I will give Neal another chance. Everyone deserves another chance. But in the episode about Emma's story his behaviour was disappointing to me.