Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2012, 06:32 AM
Elite Fan

I don't see how SE are epic, or true love either for that matter, and never will. Keep in mind I didn't ship anyone until mid S2, and not even hardcore until S3, so I didn't really care in the beginning about the ships on the show, I just watched the show because I liked it, and it kept me entertained. I always did an eye-roll with SE though, because I never fully got how they were "epic". I guess in the beginning the definition of epic, and true love, defined them better than it does now, which is virtually nonexistent lol. When you're in love, you don't kiss your boyfriend's brother when you're in a relationship with him. That's basically my ending point on how I see it.

As for this dumb sire bond, to me it's a plot created to keep the SE fans at bay, and it may even be one to keep DE apart, or create unnecessary problems for them for them to not be together. Then again, it can go the other way around, which is the most ideal way and most respectful way to go about it, have them be together, and have Elena realize her feelings regardless of the sire bond. I do think that there's a chance that they will do that, but I do not trust JP, and I really do believe sometimes that she has a clear bias towards SE. So, we will see what happens. I'm not really jumping to conclusions about anything, and I really don't have faith or hope that anything will happen. I don't believe that they're doing all of this however just to show that Damon is the "worst", one for her, and then have SE get back together, that's BS. If they wanted SE together they would've kept them together. If they didn't give a damn about the DE fanbase, then nothing would've happened. Clearly they do give a damn, but they also give a damn about the SE fanbase, and they don't want to lose them. Which of course, is where the crappy writing comes to play. Because once again, for the millionth time, they're not really writing to write, and that ruins it all. THAT'S what cheapens, and ruins BOTH DE, and SE.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

I would also like to add, that "epic" love story is not when the guy uses the girls most painful memories, threatens to kill her in a place where her parents and she nearly died to win a pissing contest with another guy. IMO the word "epic" is used too much in shows, when there would be so many other suitable adjectives to use instead.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:48 AM
Loyal Fan

This ep was kinda blah as with the rest of the series for me. I wanna know what the professors doing and how Jeremy stops being Buffy. Don't care about Damon/Elena/Stefan or Klaus/Caroline/Tyler/wolf girl.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:50 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
and how Jeremy stops being Buffy.

Oh Buffy; I wish she was on this show.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:58 AM
Ultimate Fan

Buffy would probably fall in love with both of the brothers too.

Buffy should never be mentioned in the same breath as TVD though. Buffy is my all time favourite show!
Old 11-30-2012, 07:01 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiesocks (View Post)
Buffy would probably fall in love with both of the brothers too.

Buffy should never be mentioned in the same breath as TVD though. Buffy is my all time favourite show!
Sorry but you've gotta admit there's comparisons in almost every ep now including where Jeremy now has just magically became really strong. Was that other hunter dude even strong I never noticed
Old 11-30-2012, 07:06 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natz (View Post)
Sorry but you've gotta admit there's comparisons in almost every ep now including where Jeremy now has just magically became really strong. Was that other hunter dude even strong I never noticed
You are probably right. They wish they were as good.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natz (View Post)
No, they never mentioned Connor having super strength but Jeremy hasn't described it as super strength either. He said "Ever since I was awoken as a hunter I've had all this energy like all the time." Maybe it's more like increased adrenaline pumping through his veins which makes him at a state of "fight" in the fight or flight response so he's just kind of ready to go but doesn't feel the consequences of it (like the beer thing is actually heavy but he doesn't feel it). I guess vampire hunters need to constantly be ready to kill vampires at any time and they'll want to kill vampires all the time.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 11-30-2012, 08:06 AM
Master Fan

Wtf was that? So, DE it's happening and fast and it's only because of a sire bond?

Are they serious?
I am very pissed.
I only liked Klaus and Jerem/Matt.
Caro was nice,but when she went for all that epic crap..
Leave Stefan single,ffs and let him shine.

Icon

Last edited by Zefiro; 11-30-2012 at 08:15 AM
Old 11-30-2012, 08:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

I don't understand why everyone is so appalled by Caroline's comments about se being epic?! I also don't see how it compares to klaus in any way. Very different situations. She's always going to be on Stefan's side and whether you're a de or se fan she has every reason to be team stefan on this one. If you've watched the show you'd know why. She has a deeper understanding of stefan and sees the good in him. He was the one who helped her during the transition. They both want what's good for the other and in this case she thinks elena is the best thing for stefan and stefan for elena. Obviously she's not going to be team damon after what he tried to do to her

Also this doesn't seem like the right place to talk about whether se is epic or not. And it's unfair to say if its true love she wouldn't kiss his brother. The argument can be flipped the other way, if it were true love elena would have chosen damon at the end of season 3 and not told stefan it was the best choice she made. It's a love triangle for a reason

IconCredit: KATIEBECKETT

Last edited by jtenen1991; 11-30-2012 at 08:36 AM
Old 11-30-2012, 08:40 AM
Ultimate Fan

That is why I said neither SE or DE are epic. If she truly only loved one of them then the other one wouldn't be in the picture.
It was something mentioned in the episode though so I don't see why we cant say if or why were do or don't agree with it.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

I understand that. I guess I'll just remain hushed. I do however believe Caroline had good reason to call stefan and elena epic. She's watched him love her for 4 seasons and choose stefan. She's been there for the ride so I personally don't find her to be an annoying hypocrite like most have said

Old 11-30-2012, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Caroline's opinons are her own, she is allowed to have them and given how Elena dismissed her yesterday, she pretty much already knew Elena wouldn't listen to her anyway....

But given her past with Damon she is always going to feel that way regardless.

I think she was simply being a friend and her perception of SE is simply just wanting the best for Elena that is it..
Old 11-30-2012, 11:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

That's exactly how I feel. She wants the best for elena and tumult believes elena was the happiest when she was with stefan.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Also, If Bonnie was around she would of been the one saying the same thing to Elena as well... would bonnie would be considered a bad friend?