Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Season Five General Discussion

I believe it was around this time last year that a season four general discussion thread was opened, so here you all go for season five! Remember, no spoilers, but we can talk about press releases, we can discuss what we want to see in season five, we can speculate about the 100th ep, and a lot more, too. So post away with your wishlists and guesses!

A few things to get the conversations started...

If you could have one thing happen in season five, what would it be? I want Penny to admit that she is in love with Leonard. "I should never have broken up with him" was great, but I want her to say the L word. She can say it to him, to Priya, to Raj, to Amy/Bernadette, or to herself. But I want to hear it.
Do you want Howard and Bernadette to get married? Do you think they will? I want them to. And I think they will.
Do you think Penny and Raj slept together? Why or why not? (No spoilers.) I'm going with no. Based on a promo pic that I can't post here. It really gives nothing away, but the way I interpret it is making me think no. But others could interpret it where it implies yes.
What do you think the 100th episode will be about? No idea. I'm actually not going to look forward to it too much lest it disappoints me.

How about you guys? We don't need to get into debates or arguments; let's just see what we all think! And feel free to add more questions.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Supreme Fan

If you could have one thing happen in season five, what would it be? Remember this...Howard: Okay, well, why don’t you start with a cup of coffee, and you can pon farr Amy Farrah Fowler later.

What do you think the 100th episode will be about? On a special episode of ...
I have no idea but I hope its an hr!

☆Krys ☆
Old 09-02-2011, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hmmm...maybe! But maybe not, as they still haven't had the coffee. And to them, coffee really does mean coffee!

I would love for it to be an hour. I doubt it will be, but I hope so! I hope they maybe callback to some of the main points of the Pilot, even little things, like have them working with their boards, whatever, stuff like that. Just little stuff that reminds us of the beginning. I doubt it, but some subtle stuff would be nice!

Old 09-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Absolute Fan

If you could have one thing happen in season five, what would it be? I want Sheldon/Amy´s relationship to blossom (pun intended ) baby steps, but fun & cute steps like we´ve had so far.
I want Penny to realize how great Leonard is & I want her to fight for him once and for all.
I want Raj to find a girl, I think is time. And most of all, I want them all hanging out and making me laugh like they always do!

Do you want Howard and Bernadette to get married? Do you think they will? I want them to get married! I love them together, but honestly, I´m not sure it will happen.

Do you think Penny and Raj slept together? Why or why not? (No spoilers.) I don´t think so... I leep thinking that Sheldon would have heard.

What do you think the 100th episode will be about? No idea! I think it would kick ass if they could bring Leonard Nimoy or Stephen Hawking though .. I would pass out and have to watch it later, but I would love to
Old 09-02-2011, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ah, Shamy. You have stolen a disturbingly large part of my shipper heart.

I really want an amazing guest star in that episode...although part of me just wants LSPRH. :/

Old 09-02-2011, 09:10 PM
Master Fan

I'm a newb who watched most of the episodes this last week. So my opinion is probably whack but oh well.

If you could have one thing happen in season five, what would it be? Priya to be out of the picture....by episode 9. And it to be solidified that Penny loves Leonard. I cheated, that's two. But if i can only have one, the second one.

Do you want Howard and Bernadette to get married? Do you think they will?
I loved Howard the most in S1 but I love his growth and he continued to be hilarious. So i hope they lead to it. I don't need to see it this season. But eventually i wouldn't mind.

Do you think Penny and Raj slept together? Why or why not? (No spoilers.)

No, because i tend to look at things realistically. It would really destroy the dynamic of the friendships. I mean the creators and writers seem to love the character growth that Penny has gotten. If she slept with Raj. She turns into a girl who get's passed around through the gang. You can say...Well...only 2 of the 4. But it goes down a slippery slope. I loved Jackie/Hyde in T7S and wish they ended up together somehow. I love the character of Jackie Burkhart. But i hated how they made her get passed through most of the gang. And to top it off it was even a joke in the finale how Jackie was passed around through the gang. I don't want Penny to be like that. And my educated guess is the writers don't want that either.

So while it is a TV show and not everything can be based on logic and realism...i think when it comes to the sexual decisions...it should stay realistic. I could be wrong. But i think somehow they didnt have intercourse.

What do you think the 100th episode will be about?

Sheldon wins a Nobel prize (or something). Leonard and Penny have sex (or Penny says I love you). and Raj, Howard, Amy, and Bernadete get arrested for some reason. idk.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, here's another Penny/Raj related question.

What do you think Bill meant by "however you felt about it, you'll be happy with how it was resolved?"

I'm so confused on this, and I've spent so much time trying to figure it out. Because for some, the only way they'll be happy is if they didn't sleep together. But I'm sure there were some out there amused by it or even on some level happy about it. The only thing I can think of (which a lot of the time I think something can only happen one way and then it goes down differently; I fear I'm not good at predicting things, I guess) is that they didn't sleep together, but that was the...intent? Like Raj was too drunk or they got in bed and passed out...or something. Like they would have if something hadn't gotten in the way.

I'm sure it's totally different. But after hours of pondering that's the only thing my head can come up with to make sense of Bill's comment.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Absolute Fan

What do you think Bill meant by "however you felt about it, you'll be happy with how it was resolved?" To be honest, I think it means that they´ll disown it... I already think they didn´t sleep together, so maybe he means that? It is a really non-comitive response, and it doesn´t really sat anything LOL.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:33 PM
Master Fan

Well I'm not going to answer it cause i have read taping reports. So ill pass. People will assume i say what i do because I know the answer. And while i can give a spoiler free answer some will assume i spoiled it so i would rather play it safe and not answer. I hope that's ok. I don't want to spoil anything. I'm new here and don't want to be hated....this soon. im sure ill be hated soon enough as is though.

That last past was a joke. lol.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicknickshady (View Post)
Well I'm not going to answer it cause i have read taping reports. So ill pass. People will assume i say what i do because I know the answer. And while i can give a spoiler free answer some will assume i spoiled it so i would rather play it safe and not answer. I hope that's ok. I don't want to spoil anything.
Oh that's fine! Feel free to ask us questions, if you're curious about our answers. Just make sure everything you ask is generic for us to know about it. And there are some questions you can answer, if you'd like, but of course you don't have to.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Master Fan

Trust me...in the leonard/penny thread......there will be some coming more in a couple days. haha. As far as everything else im caught up to speed involving the series.

I'm not even one week into the show and i already think Priya is the worst thing ever.

Seriously...she needs to be killed off or something. Is that too harsh? idk. But she needs to be gone somehow...

I hate will they or won't they stuff....but i have a feeling this whole season is going to be that for Penny and Leonard. I base that on some of the news outlets descriptions about this coming season. I really hate that will they or wont they but we will see how it goes. If done well i don't mind....but it get's tiresome after the while. Just finding any obstacle to keep people apart.

Yes, not everything is going to be easy. I get that. But just finding thing and thing and thing to keep people apart just seems unrealistic to me. Yes, Relationships are not easy. I have never been in one but i know they are not easy. But it seems like it will they or wont they scenarios in shows they go way beyond.

So if it comes out that Penny is in love with Leonard and she accepts it. I will be interested to see how they do the will they or wont they aspect of it. I don't want to see Penny moping around depressed. I don't want to see her sleeping around trying to fill a leonard-less void. It's going to be a tricky thing. Assuming Priya is somehow still in the picture. Penny isnt going to get with Leonard while he is with Priya and Leonard wouldn't do that. So thats not a worry. It's going to be interesting.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't hate Priya, I definitely want her gone, but most of my anger toward her was that she kept Penny from hanging out with the guys, (and I'll never be happy that she missed the engagement) but with her back in India, that problem is probably gone. Saying you want her killed off is a little harsh, though.

I personally love buildup, which I guess is like saying I like will they or won't they...but for me my favorite parts of some relationships are the stuff that happens when they aren't together, but we can go to the L/P thread to talk about that. I don't want fans of other ships to feel they can't post their S5 wishes here if we start discussing L/P too much. But as for a S5 wish, I definitely want to hear her say the L word.

And I kinda want some Priya/Raj scenes, but I doubt we'll get those.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:06 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

If you could have one thing happen in season five, what would it be? Hm... I think I'll go with hearing Penny say she loves Leonard, too. I almost want to say LP back together, but I'm not sure if they'll be quite there yet.

Do you want Howard and Bernadette to get married? Do you think they will? Yes, and yes.

Do you think Penny and Raj slept together? Why or why not? (No spoilers.) My impression was yes, they did, because that's what they both seemed to believe the morning after, and if they didn't how would they learn otherwise? But of course, I won't say whether or not my impression turned out to be correct or not.

What do you think the 100th episode will be about? I have no idea. I just really hope it's a big, geeky, fun group episode. I won't be counting on anything TOO special, though... I can only remember a couple of hundredth episodes off the top of my head from other shows, and while they did break out of their usual in some ways, they weren't necessarily more special than other solid episodes.

What do you think Bill meant by "however you felt about it, you'll be happy with how it was resolved?" My impression of that (again, before I saw the premiere taped), was that Penny and Raj wouldn't end up pursuing a relationship, but for those who did like the idea of that pairing, it would be handled in a way... I guess where they don't completely shut down that friendship. Show they're still close in a way, even if they don't date.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
Old 09-03-2011, 10:56 AM
Master Fan

If you could have one thing happen in season five, what would it be?
I want to see more nerd things about the guys! That's a strong point of this show, they should take advantage this thing, 'cause when they do that... TBBT explodes! Is so fun...
A lot of things I think it would be, but this, principally.

Do you want Howard and Bernadette to get married? Do you think they will?
Yes, I want them to get married. Seems complicated but they can overcome much things, they will.

Do you think Penny and Raj slept together? Why or why not? (No spoilers.)
Actually, I don't know. I would say yes, but don't definitely.

What do you think the 100th episode will be about?
It's a special episode, may be in that episode will be present Beverly and Sheldon's mother. It would be great.

What do you think Bill meant by "however you felt about it, you'll be happy with how it was resolved?"
I thought solve the Penny/Raj dilema was hard. With this, I think they did the best for that conflict.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I don't hate Priya, I definitely want her gone, but most of my anger toward her was that she kept Penny from hanging out with the guys, (and I'll never be happy that she missed the engagement) but with her back in India, that problem is probably gone. Saying you want her killed off is a little harsh, though.

I personally love buildup, which I guess is like saying I like will they or won't they...but for me my favorite parts of some relationships are the stuff that happens when they aren't together, but we can go to the L/P thread to talk about that. I don't want fans of other ships to feel they can't post their S5 wishes here if we start discussing L/P too much. But as for a S5 wish, I definitely want to hear her say the L word.

And I kinda want some Priya/Raj scenes, but I doubt we'll get those.
haha. Just a little harsh? I thought i was way too harsh, But i was just going with the flow. She needs to be out of the picture forever, is what ill stick with. haha.

I had no issue with priya till she got jealous and wanted no more penny.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread