Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Elite Fan

Chuck Bass S&S #70: Because happiness doesn't seem to be on the menu.

The 70th Chuck Bass Spoiler and Speculation Thread

S E A S O N 002

PROMOS:

Chuck Bass... Womanizer

INTERVIEWS:

Stephanie Talks About the Future of Season 2

Episode 218: ???

Airdate: 3/2/09
Writer:
Director:

SPOILERS from E!Online's Kristin
(Non-Chuck details removed)

Lori in Fitchburg, Wis.: I just heard that there's a new episode of Gossip Girl called "You've Got Yale"—does this mean that all of the kids are going to, uh, Yale?
Actually, I'm told that our fave Upper East Siders will go to three different colleges next year. Any guesses about who goes where? They'd better not separate Bluck! (Or Chair for that matter.)

Gossip Girl: OMG, Nate and Blair!
It's true. As we teased in last week's Spoiler Chat, a core couple is reuniting on Gossip Girl. The just-released location photo above means that hot little kitty is debagged, and my sources confirm what your eyes are seeing: Gossip Girl's newest (old) hookup is Blair (Leighton Meester) and Nate (Chace Crawford). Gasp!

What does this mean for the epic romance that is Blair and Chuck (Ed Westwick)? And why the frak are Nate and Blair back to nooky anyway? I've got the exclusive scoop...

Sources tell me that unlike Blair and Chuck's deep adversarial passion, the renewed Blair and Nate coupling is about familiarity and comfort.

According to one insider, "Blair and Nate are both at a crossroads. Blair has to accept she isn't going to Yale. Nate is being sucked into his family's expectations, and they are both there for each other and enjoy the familiarity. At first it's platonic, but, of course, that doesn't last long."

Blate. Blah.

Still, don't worry, Bluck fans. Even though Nate and Blair are playing tonsil hockey for the time being, I have it on good authority that Blair and Chuck have not been forgotten. For that matter, Gossip Girl boss Josh Schwartz just told the Chicago Tribune's wonderful Mo Ryan, "We get that that [relationship] works for people."

So in the grand tradition of the Derena merry-go-round ("Dan Serena Dan Serena whoo!"), Chuck and Blair's time will come around again. But can you stand the wait? Will you watch between now and then? Post in the comments!

From Ask Ausiello:

Question: I recently saw a photo of Nate and Blair kissing in an upcoming episode of Gossip Girl. What the hell?! We waited all season for Blair to get together with Chuck! Please say it won't last. -- Clare
Ausiello: Let's ask exec producer Stephanie Savage about that incriminating photo: "I think they look really cute together kissing in the snow." Um, let me take a different approach. What does the rekindled N and B romance mean for C and B? "Tell those Chuck and Blair fans to hang in there." That's better.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Filming testamonials:

UNCONFIRMED Spoilers from PrasseM

UNCONFIRMED Spoilers from FanPop

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Previous Threads:
#1, #2, #3, #4, #5,
#6, #7, #8, #9, #10
#11, #12, #13, #14,
#15, #16, #17, #18,
#19, #20, #21, #22,
#23, #24, #25, #26,
#27, #28, #29, #30,
#31, #32, #33, #34,
#35, #36, #37, #38,
#39, #40, #41, #42,
#43, #44, #45, #46,
#47, #48, #49, #50,
#51, #52 #53, #59,
#60, #61, #62, #64,
#65, #66, #67, #69

TITLE SUGGESTIONS:

MOD WARNING:
Isa and I hereby give permission to ANY moderator that watches this
thread to step in when you see bashing going on. In giving this
permission, we expect the posters here to heed their warnings.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT! *snuggles Natey and Chuckles*

~CT
TRA #2, P&P#3, and BPC #2 coming Fall 2015. Stay tuned for more demons, mutations, circuses, mysteries, love, and the fate of the world.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
Old 02-04-2009, 03:51 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread!

Quote:
I still think it's Serena.

because what is a GG final without a rushed CB reunion and hints of NS.
I'd laugh so much if this were true. And then I would cry.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:00 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread Mia

NS would be evil, esp if Nate leaves B for her. However Considering what SS said and what is gonna happen after NB break up it's very likely. And Josh lurves his lame full circles.

I am so over NC. Chuck deserves a better friend. He should become bffs with Eric or Vanessa or Horace-the bar keeper. Nate is not worth the friendship, it's not a bash but a fact. He has done nothing for Chuck like ever.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Loyal Fan

tftnt...
I still hope the season ends with G holding a gun and when we hear a gunshut...Then the next season could open with C,B,N,E and lilly in the hospital and S being the one who's shut...
oh...and B sitting in C lap....

WALL-E
~Camilla~
Old 02-04-2009, 04:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzledeyes (View Post)
Considering Chuck is always there for Nate, whether they're fighting or not, Nate is so awful to him. Chuck, find a new BFF. I'm not bashing Nate, just stating the obvious.
To be honest CN is ruined forever, even if Nate tries to beg to get back into his good graces. Friends don't steal other friends lovers
Old 02-04-2009, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'd love to see Chuck being bff with his little brother. We could all use more Eric and his wisdom.

~CT
TRA #2, P&P#3, and BPC #2 coming Fall 2015. Stay tuned for more demons, mutations, circuses, mysteries, love, and the fate of the world.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv-fan189 (View Post)
To be honest CN is ruined forever, even if Nate tries to beg to get back into his good graces. Friends don't steal other friends lovers
I would be really disappointed if CN ever hang out again. I might even FF their scenes. They're done as far as I'm concerned. Chuck can hang out with Rufus and that would be a healthier more meaningful relationship.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Addicted Fan

TFTNT Mia
Old 02-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT Mia

Sadly, as far as my concerened I'm done with N and everything about him, CN NV CBNS (granted we got none this season but I was hoping for more)
Maybe I coud've understood if NV had been broken up for a while and CB moved on from each other but I think he knows that C is not over B, and EVEN B is not over C. Yet he still hurts his BFF through it all, along with V

Trying not to bash him which is hard to do but from now, my CN bromance is done
Old 02-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Elite Fan

Welcome girls!

I'm not sure about CN but I have a feeling Vanessa will forgive him eventually. Nate has to interact with someone, and sadly for Vanessa's sake her character does need someone too.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread Mia!
Old 02-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Bass (View Post)
I would be really disappointed if CN ever hang out again. I might even FF their scenes. They're done as far as I'm concerned. Chuck can hang out with Rufus and that would be a healthier more meaningful relationship.
Exactly, and there is only so long for which Chuck can beg for Nate's crumbs of affection. NV isn't totally ruined as long as it's a wake up call for Nate to treat Vanessa better but Nate has stomped all over Chuck one too many times so the CN friendship is fake as far as I am concerned.

I don't think NS will happen though this season now that I think about it. There is only so low Nate can sink. NB being used as a prop for NS would annoy me because I don't want Blair's feelings for Nate to be comparable to what she feels for Chuck. I'd have to peace out at that point. In fact I would rather there isn't a storyline where Blair realizes she loves Chuck via her relationship with Nate because that would mean she considered Nate to be an option, which at this point is pretty sad.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Bass (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread Mia

NS would be evil, esp if Nate leaves B for her. However Considering what SS said and what is gonna happen after NB break up it's very likely. And Josh lurves his lame full circles.

I am so over NC. Chuck deserves a better friend. He should become bffs with Eric or Vanessa or Horace-the bar keeper. Nate is not worth the friendship, it's not a bash but a fact. He has done nothing for Chuck like ever.
To be honest, a deeply hidden but evil part of me would LIKE Nate to dump Blair for Serena. It would lead to no character progression what so ever, but at least it would massacre NB forever. Hehe.

I know, there are better ways to acheive that.

Chuck and Eric as best friends and BROTHERS are made of total win and I just long for a new scene between them.

Chuck and Dan as friends would be wonderful. Chuck and Vanessa also. There are so many replacements...