Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2017, 07:37 PM
Moderator Manager

Chris, there's only one branch in the entire city so it's still crowded. I hope they open more soon so the lines should even out.

Welcome back, Lizzy!

I haven't heard of Sonic. I had to Google it though.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 04-24-2017, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Cece, I totally agree that the food is not great. It's pretty normal fast-food. Their drinks are awesome, and they do Happy Hour prices from 2-4 too.

Lindsay, thanks for the warm welcome back!

Leanne, hope you are staying awake for Bates Motel!

Big lights will inspire you
Old 04-24-2017, 09:25 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Hey guys

You are all making me so hungry I LOVE chick fil A. I don't even know why their food is so good. It's just a breaded and friend chicken breast on a bun with a few pickels but it is so so yummy. It is definitely the fast food restaurant we hit up most. We go there all the time. We're not big on fast food either. we basically just do Chick fil A, Sonic, Whataburger, and Panera.

Sonic is amazing because of their drink menu. Their food is so-so. But their drinks are amazeballs. I love Cherry Lime-aid too I usually get that, a cherry-vanilla Dr Pepper, or a grape slush when I go. They say they have 168,000 different drink combinations. Which doesn't surprise me because they have dozens of add ins.

Welcome back Lizzy I hope you had a great trip!

Leanne I hope enjoyed the series finale. Series finales are always bitter sweet for me. It's awesome to finally know how everything is going to end but also sad at the same time since the series is over.

Chris - we generally make our own coffee and tea at home as well. But if we do go out for coffee it's almost always Starbucks because there really aren't any other options around here. We have one on every corner practically so all the smaller coffee shops went out of business for the most part.

Lindsay I hope month end goes well for you. It can be pretty stressful
Old 04-24-2017, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was able to stay awake for the "Bates Motel" finale! they changed the canon of Psycho. Yeah I watched it for 5 years and now I don't know what to watch that's good while I wait for the new X-Files season for next year! And series finales are indeed bittersweet to watch, especially this one ending was! However, on Twitter, seems so many viewers were claiming to be bawling their eyes out and I'm was just like , I'm not that invested to at the end... but it was sad and I'm sad it's over!

I'm just happy I was able to go visit the set while they were filming and got lots of pictures and sometimes I'd be there and other fans would show up and we would talk like fans even tho we were complete strangers... you just bond cause you know the other likes what you like Sometimes we made jokes with the set up crew that would be fixing the set up too.

Am I the only one here who can probably say I'm not really a fan of soft drinks or carbonated soda? I basically only drink Coke or Fanta sometimes... but can never drink a whole cup.... I can take most of the day trying to finish one small can of Coke!
Old 04-25-2017, 06:47 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

oh, that cherry-limeade looks really interesting. I'd love to try one.

Leanne - overall were you happy with the finale?

Amy - it's that way with Tim Horton's here. Even a small town like mine has 2 stores.

Lizzy, Lindsay, Cece
Old 04-25-2017, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

I enjoyed the Bates Motel finale and it reminded me why I loved the show. There are just so many shows to keep up with and through the busy whirlwind that is life, I lose track of when shows premiere. I should keep a list of all my shows that I watch in an Excel document to keep track of return dates like some people do. For example, I totally forgot about Stitchers last summer so just now seeing Season 2 and the new season will be upon us this June! Thankfully I am just one season behind.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Chris, I liked the finale. The end made sense, like it was probably the best outcome for Norman's mental state and his brother Dylan's life. The show had a way of making the whole situation a tragedy. But it also had a lot of dark humour too. Can't beleive it's over!

Today on my way into work, there was a cow in the parking lot for the kids to learn about dairy production! it's not everyday I walk in to work and encounter livestock on the premises.

As for backlog on shows I have been taking forever to finish, I still have to finish Santa Clarita Diet! I will get to it and finish it!

For now I'll think I'll pass on the 13 Reasons show.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:32 PM
Moderator Manager

Leanne, I actually stopped drinking sodas. I went from cutting down drinking only twice in a month to going cold turkey on them. They are replaced with wine though which I drink a lot of.

Hey everyone! Busy busy busy for me.

Old 04-25-2017, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think liking soda is an acquired taste. I actually don't typically drink it but go through phases where I do drink it. When I am drinking it, I feel like I always crave a soda.

Lindsay, I love wine too! I'm going to have a no-booze May though; so, no wine for me! I don't drink that much, but I want to go a month without drinking. I think it will be a good break and also will be nice to not spend money at Happy Hour.

Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome back!

Old 04-26-2017, 03:48 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I like soda, but only occasionally. I'd just as soon have water to drink.

It's been a quiet day here. I hope everybody is staying out of trouble.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:02 PM
Moderator Manager

Lizzy, do you prefer red or white wine or both?

Enjoy the rest of the week everyone.

Old 04-26-2017, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi

(No one asked me, but I don't think I like red wine, based on a sample I managed to choke down a few months ago )

I've been quiet mostly today, I'm sorta today, but I did have a good day at work and feel on top of things there! So I'm about work!
Old 04-27-2017, 03:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't drink alcoholic beverages, so I don't either Leanne. I do drink soda, but have been keeping how often I drink soda in check because I know it isn't healthy. I like carbonated drinks, so sometimes drink sparkling water instead.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:27 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

To me, sparkling water is just ... wrong.

If it's with a meal, red wine is good, but if I'm just drinking it on it's own, I prefer white.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Chris, do you pair red or white with food depending on what you are eating?

I prefer tap water too. Sparkling water just doesn't do it for me.

I prefer red but will drink white. White is much lighter, and since it is chilled, I prefer it in the summer. A good rose is always nice too.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread