Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-08-2004, 08:27 AM
Master Fan

The Visualise Tour 2005: :D

Tickets on sale Mon Nov 29, 9am

The Visualise Tour 2005

FINALLY, the most eagerly anticipated Australian tour in years is a reality.

Delta Goodrem's Visualise Tour will travel around the country throughout July 2005.

The tour, featuring a full live band will showcase the songs the country has come to know and love from Delta's record-breaking debut Innocent Eyes (one in 20 Australians own a copy) and her brand new album Mistaken Identity, already home to her sixth consecutive No.1 Out of the Blue.

And there's one young Australian who's more excited about the tour than any fan could possibly be: and that person is Delta Goodrem.

"I can't even begin to say how excited I am," Delta says. "Playing live is such a huge part of it all and people haven't seen this side of me yet. I just can't wait."

Goodrem has been dreaming of - and dreaming up - her first tour for as long as she can remember. She's already got the show down pat in her head: from how she'll make her entrance, to precisely which songs should go where to illustrate her musical journey and exactly how she plans to bring her music to life in front of the people she's connected with over the past two years.

"It's going to be a big production. I want it to be everything you could try and imagine you'd have in a tour. I really want to be hands-on with this; put together a place where you walk in and suddenly you're entranced in the music. There's going to be lots of things people haven't seen me do yet: people haven't seen me dance, there'll be some real acoustic versions of songs, a more playful sideā€¦it will show a lot of sides of me I haven't shown yet. I really want to have great fun with it. It's fantastic to have two albums to choose from, we've got lots of songs people will have lived with for a while. It will be a real combination of the two albums, big production, big spectacle, big drama but also moments of just piano, voice and interaction with the crowd."

Delta has personally organised special matinee shows in Melbourne and Sydney, giving fans in those cities the chance to buy tickets to either evening or afternoon concerts.

You already know the statistics: Six No.1 singles (Born to Try, Lost Without You, Innocent Eyes, Not Me Not I, Predictable, Out of the Blue). A debut album that spent a record-breaking 29 weeks at No.1 (selling over 1 million copies in Australia; and another 1.2 million in Europe), a top-selling DVD and 8 ARIA awards.

Now prepare yourself for the national tour she was born to undertake.
THE VISUALISE TOUR DATES - JULY 2005
Wed Jul 13, 7.30pm : Rod Laver Arena at Melbourne Park
Sat Jul 16
(special matinee performance 3pm) : Rod Laver Arena at Melbourne Park
Mon Jul 18, 7.30pm : Brisbane Entertainment Centre
Sat Jul 23, 7.30pm : Sydney SuperDome
Sun Jul 24
(special matinee performance 3pm) : Sydney SuperDome
* Ticketek are only selling for the above concerts.

Proceeds from the Visualise Tour will go to the Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research Centre at Sydney's St Vincent's Hospital.

Delta's New Album "Mistaken Identity" is out now on Sony Music.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The Visualise Tour? It has a name and everythinnng!!

I can't wait..I don't care (whattttt they sayyyyy /lame) I'm going to both Sydney ones. There's no way I'm missing them.

I bet I'll get crap tickets though.. Doesn't matter though, I'll still go.

I thought she was doing small intimate shows..
Old 11-08-2004, 09:12 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Evie
The Visualise Tour? It has a name and everythinnng!!

I can't wait..I don't care (whattttt they sayyyyy /lame) I'm going to both Sydney ones. There's no way I'm missing them.

I bet I'll get crap tickets though.. Doesn't matter though, I'll still go.

I thought she was doing small intimate shows..
Yep! I would have thought it'd be the Mistaken Identity Tour, since Visualise isn't an abum track, but if it means we can look forward to hearing Visualise at the shows, I'm all for it.

I'm going to both Melbourne shows if it kills me. And I may have to kill anyone who gets in my way when logging on for tickets too. I want premium seats to at least one show (preferably the 7:30pm one since the 3pm Saturday one will be chock full of squealing kiddies.

That was the word a week or so ago. The promoters were in close competition so maybe she went with the bigger show option 'cause it would mean donating bigger proceeds to St Vincents. More intimate shows would mean more chance of a burn out for her too, so I'm thinking she might have been warned against it for that reason too. It's a shame. I was looking forward to a small, interactive show. Now it's a rat race to get the best tickets.

Word on the street is that they'll be priced at $99. November 25-28 are the dates for internet pre-sale tickets.

I'm still looking into why there's been no mention of a Perth date. I'm sure there'll be a show there, but they'd neglected to list it 'cause the ticket sellers are independant. Either that, or it's a plain ol' printing error.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie

Last edited by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*; 11-08-2004 at 09:20 AM
Old 11-08-2004, 09:14 AM
Master Fan

No, maybe they don't buy it off ticketek?

99 dollars I better start saving, I just brought season 2 roswell.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by SpinBeneathCandy
No, maybe they don't buy it off ticketek?

99 dollars I better start saving, I just brought season 2 roswell.
Yeah, it's Ticketek, Ticketmaster7 and Bass for the rest of the country, but it may be different for Perth.

Me too. I banked $200 today so I won't spend it before the 25th. And no spending on anything besides meals and transport between now and then if I can help it.

icon by *Evie
Old 11-08-2004, 09:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
Yeah, it's Ticketek, Ticketmaster7 and Bass for the rest of the country, but it may be different for Perth.

Me too. I banked $200 today so I won't spend it before the 25th. And no spending on anything besides meals and transport between now and then if I can help it.
I have heaps of things. Like getting Maroon 5 stuff from the concert, but I'll beg one of my family members for 99 dollars
Old 11-08-2004, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

If Delta's put enough thought into making a concert at a reasonable hour for younger fans, I'm sure she's planned something for Perth.

That's probably it Kat (not wanting to burn her out by doing multiple smaller shows) I reckon it'd be awesome anyway. I can just picture her saying something to the crowd and them going absolutely nutso so its aiight.

$99 hey? DAMN! Eh, I'll still go anyway, I don't care! Sigh, if only you were here..we could fangirl together.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:39 AM
Master Fan

Dana, I hadn't even thought of Maroon5 merch. I definitely need a second job.

Quote:
If Delta's put enough thought into making a concert at a reasonable hour for younger fans, I'm sure she's planned something for Perth.

That's probably it Kat (not wanting to burn her out by doing multiple smaller shows) I reckon it'd be awesome anyway. I can just picture her saying something to the crowd and them going absolutely nutso so its aiight.

$99 hey? DAMN! Eh, I'll still go anyway, I don't care! Sigh, if only you were here..we could fangirl together.
I'm sure of that too.

Yeah. They were saying it would be up to six small shows in Melb and Syd and two in each of the other states. That would be heavy going, so I guess if this way's easier on her and will ensure a better performance, that's a good thing. Yeah, and I can imagine the kind of crowd hype she's going to elicit. It's be pretty damn awesome.

Ahh. It's an absolute outrage that we can't enjoy one of these shows together. Next time around we should though! I'll should have enough cash for flights and accomodation to Sydney by then.

icon by *Evie
Old 11-08-2004, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know it's still months out, but I was perusing ticketek and just seeing the links for the concert made me very happy. It's very exciting.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I know it's still months out, but I was perusing ticketek and just seeing the links for the concert made me very happy. It's very exciting.
Is there anywhere we can purchase them early? Like a offical fansite or something.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I couldn't resisit hopping on the site and taking a look too. It is exciting, and evne though the actual shows aren't till midway through next year, the ticket sales are only 2 1/2 weeks away!

Dana - the earliest you can purchase them is in the pre-sale period - November 25th, from 12pm.

icon by *Evie
Old 11-08-2004, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by SpinBeneathCandy
Is there anywhere we can purchase them early? Like a offical fansite or something.
Ticketek has the presale tickets..that's all I know of atm.

You'd think dg.com would have something similar to the FroZone package they have for Guy's concerts (you get to watch the soundcheck/attend a q&a and a spesh little laminate) but you never know..more details could emerge as it gets closer to ticketreleaseday.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

You'd think dg.com would have something similar to the FroZone package they have for Guy's concerts (you get to watch the soundcheck/attend a q&a and a spesh little laminate) but you never know..more details could emerge as it gets closer to ticketreleaseday.
Is that the deal if you're a forum member on Guy's site? I'm sure there'll be comps to win backstage passes and such, but I doubt there'll be any special deals for forum members 'cause it would be too competive and unfair for huge fans who aren't online IMO.

Like you say, we'll hear more on that over the next few weeks.

icon by *Evie
Old 11-08-2004, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
Is that the deal if you're a forum member on Guy's site? I'm sure there'll be comps to win backstage passes and such, but I doubt there'll be any special deals for forum members 'cause it would be too competive and unfair for huge fans who aren't online IMO.
Nup, it was a deal inked by Guy's tour promoter (michael chugg).

Yeah, that's what I was thinking..There was a big uproar about something like this ages ago actually. Delta and her mum were planning something for forum members but then people complained that others hadn't been around much (but weren't any less of a fan, you know) so they ditched that.. Anyway, I reckon delta has something special planned..just cos she's lovely that way.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Nup, it was a deal inked by Guy's tour promoter (michael chugg).

Yeah, that's what I was thinking..There was a big uproar about something like this ages ago actually. Delta and her mum were planning something for forum members but then people complained that others hadn't been around much (but weren't any less of a fan, you know) so they ditched that.. Anyway, I reckon delta has something special planned..just cos she's lovely that way.
Ah, I see.

Yeah, that's how I feel too. I'm not active on the official forum, and I know I'm not the only dedicated fan in that position. I'd like to think she does aswell - only with such a huge fan base, it's gonna be hard to come up with something that pleases everyone. I know she wants to, but it's got the point now where it's getting easier for extroverts and people who know people in the industry to get into special events and m&gs, and harder for the older fans to compete with them.

icon by *Evie