Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-11-2004, 12:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think if they sold tickets close to the date, she'd have sold more. So that person towards the end of the article is right. There's ages left till the concert. It's then that she'll start selling out the venues.

Kat: I had a dream that you got your tickets first! [I assume, out of us two..] What is with you popping into my dreams aye? I need to stop posting here before I go to bed.
Old 12-11-2004, 12:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by **Lisa**
I dont know about that Kat, yeah ok the cost of it is high but that's the price you pay for being a #1 artist. I think the management think's that they can squeeze alot of money out of the fans just because her fan base is really huge..we're all not rich..heck I barely can scrape $10 together let alone $99.

I would love to go to her concert..ever since I started being a fan of hers in July 02 I have been looking forward to seeing her live but like I said, I can barely scrape $10 together let alone $99 let alone $200 but oh wells, I'm just one fan who cant go out of a million who can go.
Oh, I didn't mean that a fanbase should be punished or exploited because an artist is acclaimed or worth big bucks. Management and tour promoters are always looking for sneaky ways to squeeze money out of concert-goers. But the sad fact is, the more of us there are, the less repentant they're going to be in their ticket charge. They're not willing to lower prices because even $20 less would mean a significant loss of profits. I trust that the production budget is quite high for this show and while their main concern is making money, a large sector of it goes into production rather than their pockets. I hate inflation as much as the next person. I'm a student struggling to get by on a casual wage and know what it's like to be strapped for cash. I probably couldn't have gone to these shows a few years ago without a loan from my parents and I can barely afford it now. I'm certainly not excusing the way economics work, just saying there's not much we can do to change it. Hopefully, if the negative feedback and support for a more affordable tour has some sort of impact, budgets will be reassessed and prices will drop for a more affordable tour next time around. Is there any chance of you asking your parents for a ticket as a birthday gift? The remaining seats aren't premium, but I've been to shows in the lower and upper stands and made the most of some great concerts. It's better than not being there at all. I hope maybe it's a possiblilty for you.

Quote:
Originally posted by *Evie
I think if they sold tickets close to the date, she'd have sold more. So that person towards the end of the article is right. There's ages left till the concert. It's then that she'll start selling out the venues.

Kat: I had a dream that you got your tickets first! [I assume, out of us two..] What is with you popping into my dreams aye? I need to stop posting here before I go to bed.
I agree. It's unusual that this tour went on sale so early. Even if the shows had sold out straight away and more wetn on sale, there's really no need to release them any more than three to four months in advance. There are so many people still deliberating over whether they should by remaining tickets or wait it out for new shows to go on sale. If news shows aren't announced, then people will start snapping them up again.

Ha! Really? But I'm a slow, spazzy ticket purchaser. :drool_spit: It'd never happen. Glad to hear I did okay for myself in your dream though! Yes, I'm afraid I've penetrated your subconscious so deeply that there's no getting rid of me.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 12-11-2004, 02:08 AM
Loyal Fan

I know Kat it's just frustrating. I've given up on the thought of going to her concerts any how so I'll quit complaining. Hope you guys have a great time though
Old 12-11-2004, 03:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think if they sold tickets close to the date
I agree, and give the fans time to save money too
Old 12-12-2004, 01:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kat: In my dream you got your tickets delivered before me. :drool_spit:

It is really odd that they're selling tickets so early. I mean, we know Delta has big plans for the tour [so she's gonna need a lot of money to do that] but surely they'd have hit someone up at for a loan and worked out the production side of it themselves rather than [assuming they'll be using the ticket money for it] hoping fans will buy the tickets so they can get started on it.

Maybe they were trying to gage how popular she is..I seriously thought she'd sell out all over the country even *if* new show dates were going to be released.
Old 12-12-2004, 01:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Such a bad dream Evie

April would have been better to sell the tickets
Old 12-12-2004, 01:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

nah it wasn't bad..it was lucky for Kat!

Yeah, something thereabouts would have been nice..March even [naturally so I could have pawned that off as a birthday gift ]
Old 12-12-2004, 05:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by **Lisa**
I know Kat it's just frustrating. I've given up on the thought of going to her concerts any how so I'll quit complaining. Hope you guys have a great time though
Understandably so. Don't feel you can't express yourself here. You're more than welcome to speak your mind. Thanks for that. You can expect full reviews and plenty of pics.

Quote:
Kat: In my dream you got your tickets delivered before me. :drool_spit:

It is really odd that they're selling tickets so early. I mean, we know Delta has big plans for the tour [so she's gonna need a lot of money to do that] but surely they'd have hit someone up at for a loan and worked out the production side of it themselves rather than [assuming they'll be using the ticket money for it] hoping fans will buy the tickets so they can get started on it.

Maybe they were trying to gage how popular she is..I seriously thought she'd sell out all over the country even *if* new show dates were going to be released.
I'm a luckier, less spazzy verison of myself in your dreams. :drool_spit:

Yes, I'd have expected some loan scheme to be implemented too. If they are relying on ticket sales that might explain why they're taking their sweet time sending them out. Someone on the official forum mentioned Ticketek giving them some excuse about printing errors setting them back. But I dunno... They're definitely being very careful about selling the shows out before getting the show in motion.

Yeah, I was certain the shows would sell out within a few days, and that there'd be a string of new ones on sale the next week. It's not like the seats remaining are bad ones. The arenas are the best in the country. Delta fans must just be extraordinarily particular about their seats. The thing is, if you're a moderate fan, but not a huge one, your main priority isn't get as close as you can. I'd have thought they'd still pay $99 if they were there for the music. But then if there's a chance that new shows may go on sale between now and July, I guess it'd make sense that they'd hang out for better seats too.

If they do the okay to put another show on sale, I'm positive it'll sell to the same degree the others have. There's no real doubt that Delta will put on a great show. The main prerogative seems to be great seats.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 12-13-2004, 05:06 PM
Master Fan

From what I heard Maroon 5 VIP tickets were 137, but the Sydney girls that did get VIP tickets to Maroon. They got an hour and a half with the band back stage and then were invited to an after party, but I believe that's because there were only four of them.

The reason I was put off buying tickets for Delta wasn't the price, but it was more the way the tickets were sold. I like first row and I always get it and I can't enjoy a show if I am ten rows back, it's just the way I am. So hopefully she announces new shows.

I also think they should have made the afternoon show cheaper, because I mean I have no worries paying the 99 dollars, but I don't think a lot of people would. I mean it's a lot for a family to pay for tickets, ya know. So maybe they should have made the afternoon show, less flashy.... and cheaper tickets maybe. 349 dollars is like someone's weekly earnings and if I was a mother, I'd rather put that on food than on a concert because my daughter wants to go.

Last edited by SpinBeneathCandy; 12-13-2004 at 05:12 PM
Old 12-14-2004, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought you were psyched to buy tickets Dana? What's all this "put off buying tickets 'cos I can't enjoy it if it's not front row" business?

Quote:
Originally posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
If they are relying on ticket sales that might explain why they're taking their sweet time sending them out.

Delta fans must just be extraordinarily particular about their seats. The thing is, if you're a moderate fan, but not a huge one, your main priority isn't get as close as you can. I'd have thought they'd still pay $99 if they were there for the music. But then if there's a chance that new shows may go on sale between now and July, I guess it'd make sense that they'd hang out for better seats too.
What would postage have to do with it? They'd have your 99/199 once you bought them! [Unless you're talking about people who bought their tickets from a ticketek agency...hey yeah! Ellie's the only one who got hers from an agency right? So wouldn't she have gotten hers right then on the spot?]

I would be if I was to fork over $99/$199 for her. I mean, if it was standing tickets then I'd obviously not care, but seeing as they're seats and it's quite the sum for an aussie performer, wouldn't you want prime position? Maybe they should have priced the tickets from how far back you'll be seated. [and those could have gone to people just there for the music. ]

Yeah, I'm hoping there'll be a new Sydney one..My sister says she'll go with me! I always said I'd ebay my current one if a newie goes on sale but I'm not so sure I can part with it..
Old 12-14-2004, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Newie here.