Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2017, 11:11 PM
Loyal Fan

I think it's set a few months ahead of us and begins August 2017. The characters have been described as 15/16 (well, Cheryl is 17) and are starting their sophomore year. I wouldn't be surprised if S2 picks up close to where S1 ends and covers 2nd half of sophomore year.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:52 AM
Addicted Fan

But what if the spoiler was this way like what you all implied that maybe Archie does pick someone and what if its Veronica since we've seen plenty of VA interactions and getting closer than we have with BA? Which on another note that if it goes this route then he's the one who has those feelings for Betty in that way. I think the development would be a bit better since I think The Apt mentioned the writing could be convincing this way for BA to happen if it does happen in the future.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:33 AM
Loyal Fan

I am only semi believing them because SOME of their spoilers actually happened on the show. But the one about the killer seems far fetched at this point so maybe not. Yup, VA make more sense now, and Bughead are too glorious to end.

icon

Nidz. Spencer/Toby | Bellamy/Clarke | Sara/Snart | Magnus/Alec
Old 03-20-2017, 03:18 AM
Elite Fan

I wonder if Hiram was like the geeky nerd back in high school? Maybe Fred/Hiram was like rivals, and maybe Fred/FP picked on Hiram.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:09 AM
Loyal Fan

If this has been posted before I apologize, but I came across a spoiler regarding when Molly Ringwald will appear as Mary Andrews

Quote:
Mary left Riverdale two years ago to follow her dreams, but blows back into town in her family’s hour of need. She not only reconnects with Archie and her husband, Fred (Luke Perry), but also her former high school friends Hermione and Alice. Her reappearance coincides with the Homecoming Dance.....

Ringwald will appear in episodes 10 and 11 of “Riverdale.”
Molly Ringwald Joins The CW’s ‘Riverdale’ as Archie’s Mom | Variety
Old 03-20-2017, 07:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
why do you say its set in 2016?
I just assumed since they were filming in fall 2016 and because Jughead is narrating to us from the future. But I think Poligirl25 has a good point about season 2 probably being a direct continuation, which could make the events of the show start in the future. (And really I just would prefer Juggie to be 16, so I'll go with that!)

Quote:
And how would Archie "choose" when really it would Betty choosing?
The person could have been phrasing his/her answers based on the question of "who will Archie choose: Betty or Veronica?" I.E., he "chooses" Betty, but that doesn't mean he does anything about it or that it was even his choice to make.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotwalkingaway (View Post)
I am only semi believing them because SOME of their spoilers actually happened on the show. But the one about the killer seems far fetched at this point so maybe not. Yup, VA make more sense now, and Bughead are too glorious to end.
Who did they say the killer was ?
Old 03-20-2017, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ooh Archie's Mom. Should have expected that. But that should ensue some drama. And complications for Archie.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:28 AM
Supreme Fan

I forgot alllll about Molly Ringwald being cast. Should be interesting to see the drama she brings.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:17 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for opening the new thread
Old 03-20-2017, 08:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becki33 (View Post)
Who did they say the killer was ?
I've read Hal cooper and he tries to frame it on Fred.
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it was him. The only thing that made me think he wasn't was episode 5 because they made it so obvious it was him 🤷*♀️

MKhay
Old 03-20-2017, 09:02 PM
Supreme Fan

Whoever it is devestates Cheryl...so my guess is still going with her dad.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:20 PM
Elite Fan

I'm leaning toward Clifford Blossom myself. For one thing, he seems the most disposable.

I'm also betting the reason will either be that Jason (and Cheryl) aren't his kids or Archie *is* his kid. Basically some kind of illegitimate child shenanigans. Because it's a story about a ~~town with secrets. Makes sense that the secrets would've existed for a while.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:45 PM
Elite Fan

Someone either on reddit or tumblr theorized it was Kevin because of the scene in the diner when they were all talking about what movie to play at the drive-in he mentioned The Talented Mr. Ripley which is a psycho thriller about a man having this sexual obsession with another man and when his feelings aren't reciprocated he murders him at sea. I don't think it's Kevin - just doesn't seem like him. It's an interesting theory.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Hmm... Cole reveals Jughead's motivation to join the Blue & Gold/solve the murder is not completely altruistic.

Does he mean betty? or is there another reason?

MKhay
Closed Thread   Post New Thread