Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2014, 10:46 PM
Master Fan

Yeah I have seen very few that have stayed good. I think the best number to stop at is three.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
Yeah I have seen very few that have stayed good. I think the best number to stop at is three.
Three is the perfect number IMO. There will always be longer adaptations given the 'one book one movie' model, but most franchises should definitely stop at three.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

I usually avoid most Martial Arts/Western movies. I mean, I have seen quite a few and only a handful I liked.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:05 AM
Master Fan

Films that are mostly CGI, I miss the old days when there was a mix of the computer and the hands off stuff. Like miniature figures, puppets, map drawling, optical illusions. CGI can be great, but not when it's overused. Things in moderation is good.
Old 08-08-2014, 01:51 AM
Absolute Fan

Horror films about ghosts, devils, possessions and evil spirits. I mean, I can handle the ones about possessed toys but I'm just too chicken for the rest.

Oh, and any film about clowns. I hate 'em.
youdontknowjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Films that are mostly CGI, I miss the old days when there was a mix of the computer and the hands off stuff. Like miniature figures, puppets, map drawling, optical illusions. CGI can be great, but not when it's overused. Things in moderation is good.
CGI is cool and all, but all the movies look and feel the same! That sense of individuality and personality has been lost, I fear, for good.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR (View Post)
CGI is cool and all, but all the movies look and feel the same! That sense of individuality and personality has been lost, I fear, for good.
Me too, which I think is one of the reasons I love the stop-motion movies. Because you can see the hard work and hands on as they move the clay figures.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:03 AM
Dedicated Fan

Sappy, chick flicks.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Me too, which I think is one of the reasons I love the stop-motion movies. Because you can see the hard work and hands on as they move the clay figures.
That's a great point.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

I tend to avoid overly romantic chick flicks, spacey sci-fi, artsy films and computer animated/pixar films.

Why? I just usually don't enjoy those type of movies. I cringe at lovey-dovey stuff (most of the time), I don't enjoy futuristic things or when aliens come into play, artsy usually means pretentious and painfully dull, and I prefer traditional animation (plus, most of the computer animated ones are way too loud and obnoxiously in-your-face).

Rhovanion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:41 PM
Master Fan

The overly romantic chick flicks, I just can't do them for the most part. Most of them are too sappy, too cliche, too predictable.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
The overly romantic chick flicks, I just can't do them for the most part. Most of them are too sappy, too cliche, too predictable.
Yup, indeed! Of course I like some films that would be classified as chick flicks. But like you said, most are way too cliche and predictable.
Rhovanion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 02:47 PM
Master Fan

Dance movies. Hollywood's done well in one or two - Dirty Dancing but it's usually awful, embarrassing with tacky romantic sub-plot i.e. Step Up series etc.

Also HATE almost All remakes so I just tend to avoid them what's the point when you are continuously comparing everything in your head?

I'm not good with slapstick movies either. Immature
Old 08-20-2014, 06:59 PM
Elite Fan

Haha, yeah. Dance movies are entirely predictable.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:33 AM
Elite Fan

I'm a woman, yes...but I tend to avoid chick flicks unless it has a certain favorite actress of mine.
They tend to be SO similar, hehe. Maybe romantic comedies but that is sometimes only.

My favorites are: Horrors, Thrillers, Action & Adventure. Comedies

Not a fan of Dramas either, it would have to be of a topic that I'm interested in.

And I don't do Dance movies either, LOL.
EyeOfTheTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread