Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2004, 04:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Mei Zhuo

je, yeah i think the opening for 2046 is definitely on the 8th! i'm, so excited

isy, yeah i like your future husband
im asking my sis to come with me and watch it. but she has to watch in the mood for love to understand 2046 better. nways, im excited!!

Isy, i still haven't return the dvd of THE EYE 1/2. i still don't know the ending of 2.

Marie, i definitely saw his report card and they burned it! but hey, im getting post effect of watching those 2 films! imagine! i 4got that i placed our christmas tree on that spot where i thought some shadow's standing! goodness!! and i better avoid drinking coffee!!

Ate My, we gotta use english here... nways, hello.
Old 12-02-2004, 01:49 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ***isy***
anabela - i can burn you HoFD.
You're too nice. You don't have to burn me a copy. You've been kind enough to burn me "Days of Being Wild".
I'll just wait. It will be released one day, I'm sure.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:27 AM
Ultimate Fan

anabela - its not a problem, really. i just won't be able to make it right away.

i just saw Ichi The Killer 2 nights ago.... it was a gory movie, but it was good. anyone seen it? its a Takeshi Miike movie....

HoFD is showing tomorrow here in US! i hope it does well!!!

to know
me is to love me.

icon credit - mahiwaga at LJ
Old 12-03-2004, 07:53 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by je12_04

Marie, i definitely saw his report card and they burned it! but hey, im getting post effect of watching those 2 films! imagine! i 4got that i placed our christmas tree on that spot where i thought some shadow's standing! goodness!! and i better avoid drinking coffee!!
Je - I still haven't seen eye 2. i bought the DVD before but there's no english sub! yeah, you better avoid drinking coffee too much!
Old 12-03-2004, 08:53 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ***isy***
i just saw Ichi The Killer 2 nights ago.... it was a gory movie, but it was good. anyone seen it? its a Takeshi Miike movie....
I haven't seen the movie, but I've heard it's reputation. It's one of the creepiest movies ever.
A friend of mine scared me so much I'm sure I'll never watch the movie.
Old 12-03-2004, 04:54 PM
Addicted Fan

i was just wondering if any of you have watched windstruck. Its a korean movie. very touching

"I wasn't at all surprised to hear about Chad and Sophia's engagement. If you spend anytime with them you know this is not some teen romance. They fit together like old shoes. It's a good thing ."
-->Craig Sheffer

Congrats to Chad and Sophia
Old 12-03-2004, 06:11 PM
Ultimate Fan

chadfan - i Windstruck !!! i even cried!

anabela - it is creepy, but my brother likes gore-fests and violence in movies so i watched it with him. its definitely not a good movie to watch before eating or WHILE eating for that matter! but there humor is funny, while Ichi himself is psychotic. btw, in the dvd cover, the lead guy's pic is in the cover but he's not Ichi....

marie - i sent The Eye 2 dvd to my brothers (it will arrive before xmas) so you can borrow it from them.

everyone -

eta: i've just watched HoFD with my brother... i takeshi! not that its a secret.... mukooh, i saw it at tle Laemelle theater in Santa Monica....

to know
me is to love me.

Last edited by ***isy***; 12-04-2004 at 05:49 AM
Old 12-04-2004, 08:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ***isy***:

i've just watched HoFD with my brother... i takeshi! not that its a secret.... mukooh, i saw it at tle Laemelle theater in Santa Monica....

i just came back from seeing 'hofd'.....it turns out that information i posted from fandango.com and the theater was correct.....i guess they were just updating the website one more time.......i was on my way home from work (i got off at 10:00 pm tonight) and i thought i'd stop by the theater and buy a ticket for wednesday.........i was able to see the 10:20 pm showing tonight.....i got into the theater with 5 minutes to spare before the start of the film....what impressed me was how many people were there to watch that showing........what a delight.........there's nothing like watching a film on the big screen of a theater the way it was made to be.....

other news.....'hero' is now available for rent in video stores...the newest dvd of that film anyway.....

a chinese friend of mine brought me 'in the mood for love' with english subtitles....although it's in a divx format....i'm going to try and convert it from that format to a vcd.....will let everyone know how that goes...i know that where there's a will there's a way....

and finally another friend at work's sister has some kind of deal going with a lady in japan....where she sends her flavored sunflower seeds....(boxes) and the woman turns around and sends her dvds from japan and asia......i quickly gave him a couple of titles....'2046' being one and anything else by wong kar-wai....he also said that they had some dvds around the house, that they had already received, and i told him to bring them in so that i could burn them........

so at long last i have something to say in the thead...and hopefully in the next couple of days or weeks i might even have a copy of '2046'......

hope everyone has a good weekend.....all for now....
Old 12-04-2004, 10:00 AM
Master Fan

wohoo!! HOFD in the US!! while u guys are already hitting the theaters bcoz of this, we're w8n for 2046 here in the Philippines.

Isy, re Ichi The Killer 2, ur bro likes it so im thinking it's another morbid film. it's bloody and with all that killings and stuffs. lol but hey, my sis and bro and I would like it too.

Marie, dern it! i didn't know how TE2 ended.

nways, anybody seen 2002 with Nicholas Tse and Stephen Fung? i was able to watch like the last 10-15 min of the film over ETTV Mandarin Movies. and yeah, im curious about the story.
Old 12-04-2004, 05:23 PM
Elite Fan

Windstruck, another film that i have been longing to see and yet have never seen!

Je, i wanna watch 2046 already, but the thing is i still haven't watched In The Mood For Love!

it's great you guys are bale tofinally watch HOFD over there

i was watching The Golden Horse Awards, and they showed a short dance interpretation of HOFD, very cool!

av
Old 12-05-2004, 08:28 AM
Ultimate Fan

mukooh - even if we have a big kick-a$$ screen here that my uncle bought, it was a pleasure seeing HoFD in the theaters. surprisingly, most people who watched were caucasians! i was so tempted to promote my love for takeshi but my brother might disown me for that.

my brother liked HoFD's story than Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. but then, he's not big into romance so i said that totally kills his judgment of the movies. which is why he loves Takeshi Miike's "tokyo shockfest" (which indeed, lives up to his name!) Ichi the Killer . they (him and my other cousin) were laughing on how grossed out i was, because it really is gory and violent and bloody and its not something you would just recommend to anyone. i will be renting Audition next time....

and wow, i do hope you get the good asian movies from your contacts!

Je - i bought the dvd, so you can borrow Ichi from doods when he gets back there in January.

i still have to see this japanese movie called "josee, the tiger and the fish", which i hope to get to do soon. the other weekend, i watched this korean movie called "he was gorgeous, he's cool" but the subtitles were off so i felt i missed an important point in the movie. like there were conversations where no subtitles came out! and this movie was a hit in korea, so i imagine whoever translated did not get the important aspects!

click this if you are into chinese/HK cinema - Golden Horse Awards news

to know
me is to love me.

Old 12-05-2004, 12:51 PM
Master Fan

Fla: just watch 2046 first and il just burn u ITMFL. lol nways, u can always buy a bootleg copy afterwards. lol here's the catch pla.. my sis would be seeing her friend on the 8th in case she has no class so im left alone to watch it all by myself. nways, it's still ok since i can get to concentrate watching. but let's see. but i'll definitely watch it. there's also Stephen Chow's Kung Fu Hustler, im not sure if i got the title right. but i wanna see it too!! so if im going to watch alone and these two would have the same playdate, im gonna watch it both in 1 day!

Isy: i'll go visit ur house when Doods came back from the US to borrow the films u burned for Tita Cho and borrows some dvds as well. tell Doods that i'm gonna borrow ha. shy ako! lol maybe il have Jerick to come along with me since he knows him and William. <-
Old 12-05-2004, 02:28 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by chadfan
i was just wondering if any of you have watched windstruck. Its a korean movie. very touching
i will soon! yehey!
Old 12-05-2004, 02:39 PM
Total Fan

Isy - thanks! I'll wait for that. teehee,,

Je - maybe we could watch it together when i borrow it!

and I'm excited to watch 2046 and Kung Fu Hustle (Stephen Chow). but KFH will be shown in the Philippines on January 8, 2005..

Old 12-05-2004, 09:19 PM
Ultimate Fan

i've only seen Shaolin Soccer - but my brother swears God of Cookery is one of the funniest Stephen Chow movies.

there is an unrated version for Ichi the Killer. gosh, there might be a fountain of blood there or something...*shudder* oh well...

to know
me is to love me.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread