Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2004, 05:56 AM
Ultimate Fan

and this is the japanese poster! the first is korean then...

to know
me is to love me.

icon credit - mahiwaga at LJ
Old 11-25-2004, 01:22 PM
Master Fan

wow!! new thread! thanks Isy for starting. wohoo!! we're havign HFD overload!! btw, Saw is being shown here this week.

nways, i watched Yesterday Once More last night. it's another funny film by Sammi and Andy but this time, it has a sad ending. it's not as funny as their other films but it's still a good movie to watch if ur into the Andy-Sammi tandem.
Old 11-26-2004, 07:50 PM
Ultimate Fan

Based on a true story, a group of young high school boys get together to put on a show in their local high school festival. Now, can the boys outshine the ladies in this sport? This comedy will definitely have you laughing throughout, and will prove to be one of the best Japanese movies.

Ninety-one minutes of wet Japanese boys: I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. For those that need further convincing, Waterboys is also piss-funny. It's a simple story, about a boys' high school swim team. Team membership goes from one to fifty when the boys find their new coach is a girl, then back to five when she wants them to do synchronized swimming. Bummer. They'll be called nancies if they succeed, and losers if they don't. If you've ever tried to stay afloat with one leg in the air, you'll know how difficult synchro is. If you haven't, I suggest you try. Then you'll appreciate these boys in their quest, a quest which includes fish-flinging, dolphin fun, a transvestite geisha club, a flaming afro, and of course the main goal of teenage boys: teenage girls. Not all the boys are girl-mad, though: one is a maths geek, another strips down to a g-string to build up some muscle, while a third harbours a secret passion for another. This film is light years ahead of the average teen comedy. There's no moral lessons, no bad guys who get humiliated, and no parents: just five Japanese boys, some fish, some dolphins, and lots of water.

review by by Alison Jobling - heroic-cinema.com

after thanksgiving dinner my aunt wanted to have my uncle watch it along with another guest. so i ended up re-watching the movie....

the flaming afro is one of the funniest scenes i've ever seen! i literally cried from laughing!

to know
me is to love me.

Old 11-27-2004, 04:53 PM
Master Fan

Isy, Waterboys is going to be aired again in ETTV-Mandarin Movies. il watch it even id it's gonna be w/o english subtitle. lol

nways, i just watched The Eye tonight and it's not at all freaky. 'twas ok. oh, did u guys know anything about that scene on the train? the one that they said wasn't made by effects but was a real thing?
Old 11-27-2004, 11:39 PM
Elite Fan

je, i don't have ETTV movies, what channel is that?

those HOFD are so pretty, it's so colorful! and it doesn't hurt that the stars are good-looking

isy, i love your future husband's pic

av
Old 11-28-2004, 02:26 AM
Ultimate Fan

fla - thank you for the wonderful comment on my husband.

je - watch it, its so worth it even without subtitles coz its funny.

re: The Eye - i didn't know that. but i thought it was a good movie, the plot is not common and the way it was done was pretty cool.

did i mention here that i've already seen Ju-On: The Grudge? it was a good freaky movie. my cousin and i couldnt' sleep, i cleaned our bathroom until i was dead tired and he (my cousin) waited until daybreak, killing time with videogames and eating bfast at Denny's. he's just a scaredy-cat when it comes to suspense/horror movies.

to know
me is to love me.

Old 11-28-2004, 09:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ***isy***
fla - thank you for the wonderful comment on my husband.

je - watch it, its so worth it even without subtitles coz its funny.

re: The Eye - i didn't know that. but i thought it was a good movie, the plot is not common and the way it was done was pretty cool.

did i mention here that i've already seen Ju-On: The Grudge? it was a good freaky movie. my cousin and i couldnt' sleep, i cleaned our bathroom until i was dead tired and he (my cousin) waited until daybreak, killing time with videogames and eating bfast at Denny's. he's just a scaredy-cat when it comes to suspense/horror movies.
oh, u don't know about that train thing? nways, my sis just told me and i happen to see it. it appeared 2x. i don't know if it's effects or sth but if it's effects, i mean, it's like it's not really part of the scenes at the train. but nways, it's freaky if it's real. btw, the part i got freaked about was the elevator thing. shoot!! tama ba nman un?!

re Ju-On, ur cuz Tom waited till am before sleeping? lol u watched the orig Jap ver or the Am ver? nways, both look like scary.

Fla, it's ch 66 in our cable. nways, i hope 2046 would be shown on the 8th of this coming month.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:59 PM
Ultimate Fan

re: Ju-on: The Grudge = we watched the japanese version of course. it kind of makes you think, so that makes it more freaky! i had to watch it again, because my cousin didnt want to watch it alone.

re: The Eye - yeah, the elevator part was trippy!

to know
me is to love me.

Old 11-30-2004, 07:59 AM
Total Fan

hey, Je, Isy! - "have you seen my report card?"
Old 11-30-2004, 08:38 AM
Loyal Fan

hi je, isy, marie

just dropping by... syempre wala na naman ako mako-contribute dito kundi ang walang kamatayang hello at suporta,

ZAIZAI, Qing Ni Lai Philippines!
Old 11-30-2004, 08:47 AM
Ultimate Fan

Hi

I still have no idea when House of Flying Daggers will be released in my country.
It's you guys with "2046" and me with HoFD.
Old 11-30-2004, 11:32 AM
Elite Fan

je, yeah i think the opening for 2046 is definitely on the 8th! i'm, so excited

isy, yeah i like your future husband

av
Old 11-30-2004, 03:15 PM
Obsessed Fan

'hofd' showtime information in my area.....

wow....this is from fandango.com (check your area for times and locations) program information is for friday december 3......i go to this theater alot...it specializes in "art house" films.........it's across the street from morton's restaurant, which is across the street from south coast plaza shopping center.......cross streets sunflower and bear......

Edwards South Coast Village 3
1561 W. Sunflower Ave., Santa Ana, CA 92704

House of Flying Daggers (PG-13) 12:00 | 3:30 | 7:30 | 10:20

Kinsey (R) 12:15 | 3:45 | 7:15 | 10:15

Sideways (R) 12:30 | 4:00 | 7:00 | 10:10

Last edited by mukooh; 11-30-2004 at 03:25 PM
Old 11-30-2004, 10:27 PM
Ultimate Fan

waah! no 2046 for us.

anabela - i can burn you HoFD. that way you don't have to wait insanely for it to be shown there. then again i wont be able to burn stuff until next week or so, been busy...

mukooh- i've seen HoFD 2 times and am still thinking of watching it in the big screen.

to know
me is to love me.

Old 12-01-2004, 02:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

i was rechecking fandango.com today....(checking for a showtime for 'finding neverland'....just killing sometime before work) and i noticed that the information for 'hofd' is now gone from the theater information for south coast village 3 on tomorrow's date.........i am so bummed...i even checked moviefone.com and it shows the same old shows as what's playing today........rats!!!!!....i'm hoping it's just a screwup on the webpages..........
Closed Thread   Post New Thread