Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2017, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
I just want to forget about it. It's ruined my evening.

As long as you two have been respectful to each other even if its a disagreement

Don't want either of you mad at the other cause you guys are remarkable help for the board where I greatly appreciate it - without you two, probably would have closed the board down by now
Old 07-14-2017, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well I hope we can find a way to get along, but first Alex needs to accept the fact that he's got to stop ranting about certain things that get on my nerves, same as I learned to stop talking about certain things that pissed him off (Hank Pym/Janet Van Dyne domestic abuse topic). Specifically going on about Wolverine's behavior with Jean in the comics and using it to draw conclusions about Wolverine's personality is going to get me pissed off, because it implies too much criticism of those who are fans of the comic boook Wolverine. It implies we're "cads" like he thinks Wolverine is.
Old 07-14-2017, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'd call it the Hank Pym/Janet Van Dyne neurological disorder topic. Yes, your point is taken. And you're correct, I went way over the line with my comments about Wolverine. You and I do tend to push each other's buttons when it comes to comics and I apologize. I'm sending you a PM and I won't discuss this any further, okay? I'm posting from my vacation and I guess I'm not being as careful as I should me. I'm sorry for ruining your evening. I hope you'll forgive me. And no, I don't think you're a cad, okay? I'm sorry.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 07-14-2017 at 01:32 PM
Old 07-14-2017, 01:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
That's a different Wolverine, dragonfire. The young Wolverine is X-23, Laura Kinney, who was portrayed in the movie Logan by Dafne Keen. She's Logan's daughter/female clone, and she's taken on the role of Wolverine after Logan's "death." And yeah, she ended up having a major crush on Cyclops, which is ironic in the extreme. But it wasn't really a trianle between Scott, Jean, and Laura, as Scott and Jean had put thier relationship on hold after having been brought to the present day and learing what happened to their older, present-day selves.
No this is a young male Wolverine. I think they said he's Logan's Son from a parallel universe. And Scott isn't the leader anymore, Jean's the leader now.
Old 07-14-2017, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
No this is a young male Wolverine. I think they said he's Logan's Son from a parallel universe. And Scott isn't the leader anymore, Jean's the leader now.
Really? I haven't heard anything like that, dragonfire. Last I heard, teenage time-displaced Cyclops was a member of the New Champions with Ms. Marvel, and then left to join Magneto's new X-Men team. Then Cyclops stepped down as leader and Ms. Marvel became the leader. I haven't heard of any alternate reality son of Logan's.
Old 07-14-2017, 03:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Really? I haven't heard anything like that, dragonfire. Last I heard, teenage time-displaced Cyclops was a member of the New Champions with Ms. Marvel, and then left to join Magneto's new X-Men team. Then Cyclops stepped down as leader and Ms. Marvel became the leader. I haven't heard of any alternate reality son of Logan's.
I think they did this recently like this April? It seems his name is Jimmy Hudson. And I guess the reason why Disney/Marvel is promoting Old Man Logan is because of the movie Logan?
Quote:
The mutants of the X-Men are going to be very big parts of the Marvel Universe this year, and as is Old Man Logan. In fact, the character is going to be front and center this coming July, when he takes the leadership role in a new team packed with fan favorites.

That team in question is the Astonishing X-Men, and Marvel has been teasing the lineup for several days. Finally, the full lineup has been revealed, and it's a rather formidable squad. The lineup includes Logan, Archangel, Mystique, Rogue, Gambit, Bishop, Psylocke, and Fantomex, and will put the group against a familiar enemy, though it's not known who that will be just yet.
Old Man Logan Leads New X-Men Series
Old 07-15-2017, 01:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I'd call it the Hank Pym/Janet Van Dyne neurological disorder topic. Yes, your point is taken. And you're correct, I went way over the line with my comments about Wolverine. You and I do tend to push each other's buttons when it comes to comics and I apologize. I'm sending you a PM and I won't discuss this any further, okay? I'm posting from my vacation and I guess I'm not being as careful as I should me. I'm sorry for ruining your evening. I hope you'll forgive me. And no, I don't think you're a cad, okay? I'm sorry.
Thank you.
Old 07-15-2017, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

So is there some topics that you guys should put onto off-limits list like topics that are too touchy to talk about and that would cause hard-feelings or arguments
Old 07-15-2017, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think we have a fair idea what those are already. Neither of us wants to limit conversation too much.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I promise we'll do our best to work around these topics, Sarah. If there is still a board around, that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
I think they did this recently like this April? It seems his name is Jimmy Hudson. And I guess the reason why Disney/Marvel is promoting Old Man Logan is because of the movie Logan? Old Man Logan Leads New X-Men Series
I just heard. Oh man, I hope they don't do this again. It's been there, done that. I'm personally sick of love triangles, and Marvel has done enough damage to Scott and Jean as it is. And they brought another character from the Ultimates universe to the 616 universe? I was hoping that Miles Morales would be the only one.

Yeah, I think the success of Logan may have had something to do with the Old Man Logan character getting more attention in the comics. But it's getting to the point where the main Marvel Universe is getting bogged down with characters that don't even belong in that universe.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well its out of my hands now its the matter of if anybody wants to show interest to take over for me - if not than there's probably something over on the Comics board or something can be created

FTW my decision has nothing to do with what's recently happened in here - its really been a decision that I kept ignoring and putting off for about 2 years where it comes into my mind here and there. I had THOUGHT about it when I closed BSG but pushed it away to try to give some time where guess I did been 2 months or longer since closed BSG. But time to move on to other things
Old 07-15-2017, 06:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

I just heard. Oh man, I hope they don't do this again. It's been there, done that. I'm personally sick of love triangles, and Marvel has done enough damage to Scott and Jean as it is. And they brought another character from the Ultimates universe to the 616 universe? I was hoping that Miles Morales would be the only one.

Yeah, I think the success of Logan may have had something to do with the Old Man Logan character getting more attention in the comics. But it's getting to the point where the main Marvel Universe is getting bogged down with characters that don't even belong in that universe.
Maybe they should restart the Scott&Jean&Emma love triangle. Look at what Disney/Marvel created. The image may be too big so I'm putting it under spoilers tags.
Spoiler:
Old 07-15-2017, 11:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

The less Emma Frost the better, as far as I'm concerned.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
The less Emma Frost the better, as far as I'm concerned.
They may bring in a younger version of Emma Frost, and a romance between teen Scott&Emma. Plus I think Jean rejected Scott, so I could see them bringing in another female who likes Scott, and it causes Jean to get jealous and realize she actually likes Scott.
Old 07-16-2017, 03:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

They'll vanish up their own arse holes soon at this rate.