Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-19-2009, 12:17 PM
Absolute Fan

ViP (Pete/Violet) Appreciation Thread #2 - Because he believes they could be a family

Welcome to the 2nd Appreciation Thread of ViP (Very Important Pairing) - Violet and Pete!!

SHIPPERS

1. Queen of Babble
2. smeagolkitten
3. Addison Montgomery
4. iKi
5. bbroccs
6. VioletFan
7. evil_hypnotoad
8. ♥SweetBettyRose♥
9. feels|like|home
10. GreysFan85
11. crashintoyou
12. LullabyMe
13. vipefan

FRIENDSHIPPERS

EPISODE 2x10: "Worlds Apart"
SCENE: "About Last Night"
SETTING: A BUSY CAFÉ

Opening on Pete entering the café wearing his motorcycle jacket and sunglasses. Violet is sitting in a booth for herself, her back is turned against us. Screen splits in two as we see Pete walking in the door and Violet looking up and seeing him. Her attention is at him as he drops his keys on the table and sits down opposite her. He leans back and gazes at her for a moment and then looks slightly down.

PETE: So... about last night.
VIOLET: Opening with a cliché. Very brave.
No more split screen, camera takes in the two of them from the side as Pete takes off his sunglasses.
PETE: I... I was hoping to start with something more original, but I... (shrugs)
Camera shifts between the two.
VIOLET (smiles and nods): It was fantastic. Last night. The sex, you, it was exactly what I needed.
PETE: Yeah (sighs), it was pretty unbelieable.
Camera shifts back and forth between the two as Violet starts to smile, then Pete smiles and Violet laughs. Pete leans forward on the table, supporting his weight on his arms.
PETE: Um... Meg's back from San Fransisco today (Violet nods calmly), I'm trying to decide whether or not to tell her about us.
VIOLET: Are you insane? (Pete straightens up in his seat) Because clinically speaking, if you tell her you are insane.
PETE: I don't like lying.
VIOLET: It was just one time.
PETE: So, that's it? We just... act like it never happened?
VIOLET: I'm a therapist, Pete. I talk to women all day long about the pitfalls of becoming the other woman in a relationship.
PETE (shifts uncomfortably in his seat and looks down) Well, tell you the truth, I'm not all that comfortable playing the part of the cheating boyfriend.
VIOLET: So agreed, it can't happen again (calmly leans back in her seat).
Pete just looks at her.
VIOLET: Why are you looking at me that way?
PETE: What way?
VIOLET: Like you wanna dive across the table and rip my clothes off?
PETE: Because that's exactly what I wanna do.
Split screen, we see Pete looking at her intensely and Violet sighing deeply.
VIOLET: We need to avoid each other... Avoid temptation.
PETE: I can do that.
VIOLET (nods quickly, looking away): Me too.
Split screen stops and camera takes in the two of them sitting quietly opposite one another. Scene changes.

* ~ *

EPISODE 2x11: "Contamination"
SCENE: "We Go All The Way Up"
SETTING: THE ELEVATOR

Violet is to the left, Pete to the right and Sheldon is standing between them wearing a backpack.
SHELDON (smiling, head turned to Violet): Whatever it is, keep doing it.
PETE (looking straight ahead): She will.
Sheldon looks over to Pete, who briefly looks at Violet with an amused expression before turning to Sheldon, reaching out his hand in greeting.
PETE: I'm Pete.
SHELDON: Oh, I remember, you're the *alternative* guy.
Camera briefly switches to Violet who's smiling for herself. Then flits to Pete who smiles confidently. Then Sheldon who quickly turns back to Violet.
SHELDON: So Violet, I have this idea I would like to run by... (he turns far enough that his backpack bumps into Pete)
PETE: Hey, hey...
SHELDON: What?
PETE: Backpack.
SHELDON: Oh, sorry (turns as he apologizes, backpack now bumps into Violet)
VIOLET: Sheldon.
SHELDON: Oh... anyway I... I was wondering if... (elevator opens)
PETE: Ah! Here's your floor. We go (cocks his brows) *all* the way up.
Sheldon swallows uncomfortably and glances between the two.
SHELDON: Okay then (walks out of the elevator and turns around to face Violet who is now halfway hidden behind Pete who's pressing a button on the elevator) have a nice day, Violet. I'll... (door closes)
VIOLET (looks at Pete who's grinning smugly and laughs): We go all the way up...
PETE (still grinning smugly): It was funny.
Violet bumps Pete with her shoulder, but Pete just keeps on grinning.

* ~ *

EPISODE 2x12: "Homeward Bound"
SCENE: "All Alone"
SETTING: NAOMI'S OFFICE

Naomi is shifting papers around her desk. Violet shows up in the doorway.
VIOLET: Have you seen Cooper? (Naomi shakes her head) He's not answering his phone, I wanted to talk to him, I had this... day (her eyes follows Naomi's actions) are you just shifting papers around your desk?
NAOMI: What? (scoffs) No. (Violet just looks at her) Yeah, I don't wanna go home. Maya's with Sam and I think Sam's with Sonya, so Maya's with Sonya. And I'm all alone. You wanna get a drink?
PETE: Oh good, you're still here. (Violet turns around to face him) I just got back from the hospital, I was wondering if you wanna...
His hand graces Violet's which remains hanging stiffly at the side of her body. Pete then realizes they are not alone and turns his gaze at Naomi just as Violet gets a guilty look on her face.
NAOMI: Go ahead, it's fine. Go, go, go.
Violet lingers, but then leaves with Pete.

* ~ *

EPISODE 2x17: "Wait and See"
SCENE: "Whatever Happens"
SETTING: VIOLET'S OFFICE

Violet is sitting on her couch eating fruit and reading the paper. Pete, holding a plant in one hand knocks on the frame of the door. Violet turns around.
PETE: I get that you don't want me involved. Cooper and Sheldon...
VIOLET (quickly): It's not like that, Pete. Sheldon and I are not...
PETE: I... I don't care what you are. I don't. I just. Whatever happens, if the baby's mine... or not, I... I just, I don't want us to hate each other (Violet nods) I would never want that.
He leaves the plant on her table and leaves.

* ~ *

EPISODE 2x18: "Finishing"
SCENE: "Your Baby's Fine"
SETTING: ELEVATOR ON THE FIFTH FLOOR

Elevator doors are opening, Violet is getting out, Pete is getting in.
PETE: Hey.
VIOLET: Hey.
PETE: Find Katie?
VIOLE: No, no, I've got a patient now, but I'm, I'll go over to the house and I'll just... wait if that's what it takes.
PETE: I have to run over to St. Ambrose, but will you still be here in an hour to do the ultrasound?
VIOLET: If I'm not busy, I dunno, I could be busy.
Elevator doors starts to close, but Pete holds out his hand to stop them.
PETE: Violet... I can only imagine... after this mornings ultrasound. Your baby's fine, Violet, you know that.
Elevator doors close.

* ~ *

EPISODE 2x21: "What You Do For Love"
SCENE: "Sheldon Proposed"
SETTING: VIOLET'S OFFICE

Opening on Violet lying on her couch with a pensive look on her face. Pete opens the door and gently knocks on it. Violet turns around to look at him.
PETE: You still nesting?
Violet smiles and nods. Pete enters the office.
PETE: Are you okay?
Violet looks away and the pensive look is back.
PETE: Is the baby...?
VIOLET (interrupting him): Sheldon proposed.
A subtle look of worry washes over Pete's face and he sits down.
PETE (sighs): Did you say yes?
Violet instantly shakes her head.
PETE: Are you gonna say yes?
VIOLET (quietly): I don't know.
Pete stares into the air and Violet continues to stare pensively out her window.

* ~ *

Previous Threads:
one

Last edited by kostilicious; 01-06-2010 at 04:23 PM
Old 11-19-2009, 01:42 PM
iKi
Passionate Fan

wow!! you actually transcripted it!! cool!! thanx!! I'm Lost now, I do have seen some of these scenes, I have seen minimum We Go All The Way Up and Sheldon Proposed, those I remember perfectly, and I think I do have seen some of the others too, I mean, during the chapter is it possible that deleted scenes are not deleted everywhere? OK doesn't matter , it's just so cool you even explained bout the chamera, describing the scene and their moves and reactions...

Yeah this couple rock! You have definitely convinced me, so there's one more shipper on board!
Maybe the banners have convinced somehow!! I love these! The 3 of them!! nice and just lovely!! can't wait to see more of the brand new family Thanx for the new threat!

Oh, and the title is perfect!!

Last edited by iKi; 11-19-2009 at 01:48 PM
Old 11-19-2009, 01:47 PM
Moderator Support Team

TFNT

I merged the first two posts so that we have one opening post in general

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 11-19-2009, 01:53 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKi (View Post)
wow!! you actually transcripted it!! cool!! thanx!! I'm Lost now, I do have seen some of these scenes, I have seen minimum We Go All The Way Up and Sheldon Proposed, those I remember perfectly, and I think I do have seen some of the others too, I mean, during the chapter is it possible that deleted scenes are not deleted everywhere? OK doesn't matter , it's just so cool you even explained bout the chamera, describing the scene and their moves and reactions...

Yeah this couple rock! You have definitely convinced me, so there's one more shipper on board!
Maybe the banners have convinced somehow!! I love these! The 3 of them!! nice and just lovely!! can't wait to see more of the brand new family Thanx for the new threat!

Oh, and the title is perfect!!
Thanks I wanted to give as thorough a description I could, there were some more camera shifts I could've included, but I just felt they were not necessary.

Well, the elevator scene I remember from before watching the deleted scenes it ended at the "whatever it is, keep doing it", and from what I remember Pete found out about the proposal from Sheldon, not Violet in the episode. But maybe you caught some deleted scenes somewhere *shrugs*

Last edited by smeagolkitten; 11-19-2009 at 02:21 PM
Old 11-19-2009, 04:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

TFNT. I love it.

Wow, those sound like captivating scenes with them. I need the DVD.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the new thread

The banner in the opening post is just Wow! Really beautiful.

Thanks for transcripting the deleted scenes. It's a pity that they didn't keep some of them. Especially the one in cafe and the other, when Pete brings her a plant, sound really good. They are telling a lot about their feelings at the moment.

I guess I will have to buy the season 2 DVD, like now. I wanted to wait a little bit more, like around vacation, when I will have time to watch it actually, but you made me curious. I didn't know there are so many Pete/Violet deleted scenes, I thought most were with Addison, and I have all the episodes DVR-ed, so I didn't feel that I need to hurry up and buy this DVD. Now I'm definitely going to. Thanks.

Icon by ligeres
Old 11-19-2009, 11:08 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LullabyMe (View Post)
The banner in the opening post is just Wow! Really beautiful.
Thank you

Quote:
Thanks for transcripting the deleted scenes. It's a pity that they didn't keep some of them. Especially the one in cafe and the other, when Pete brings her a plant, sound really good. They are telling a lot about their feelings at the moment.
The café scene really should've stayed in the episode, I completely agree.

Quote:
I guess I will have to buy the season 2 DVD, like now. I wanted to wait a little bit more, like around vacation, when I will have time to watch it actually, but you made me curious. I didn't know there are so many Pete/Violet deleted scenes, I thought most were with Addison, and I have all the episodes DVR-ed, so I didn't feel that I need to hurry up and buy this DVD. Now I'm definitely going to. Thanks.
I don't have a DVR, or channels, not to mention it takes months before a new episode from the US is aired over here (a whole year for Grey's, they are actually just in the middle of showing season 5 over here....) even if I had had those things. And I'm a person who loves having the DVD's up for display...

Exibit A
Exibit B
Exibit C
Exibit D
Old 11-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for the new thread.. the OP is very lovely

hmm.. but next time.. maybe be patient and wait up until the old thread is really finished with 300 posts

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 11-20-2009, 06:14 PM
iKi
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagolkitten (View Post)
Thanks I wanted to give as thorough a description I could, there were some more camera shifts I could've included, but I just felt they were not necessary.
you're welcome By the way, your English is awesomeeee!
ok, what bout Pete's killer sentence????? "He married the mother of her child. Couldn't that be a good thing?"
AWESOME

THIS was Violet's face: ------>

Pete just made a perfect point haha and she didn't know where to look at, she only knew, she needed to avoid his eyes by all means
It's just a sentence, but it's there, and it's about them about family, which is what the title is about so cool! And all the things Dell said today might make Violet react.... There's hope!!

Last edited by iKi; 11-20-2009 at 06:48 PM
Old 11-21-2009, 04:04 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Babble (View Post)
thanks for the new thread.. the OP is very lovely

hmm.. but next time.. maybe be patient and wait up until the old thread is really finished with 300 posts
*grins guiltily* okay, will do that. Wasn't sure how strict you guys were here, on previous boards I've posted on there have been cases where we opened new thread when we were so close to 300 it felt pointless to make a couple og "kill thread" posts to reach the number.

Quote:
you're welcome By the way, your English is awesomeeee!
Thank you, we start learning English over here at age 9, and we are lucky that we don't have much of a dubbing culture, so once kids have learned to read the foreign movies have subtitles rather than dubbing, plus all the english music and the internet... we are daily exposed to English

Quote:
ok, what bout Pete's killer sentence????? "He married the mother of her child. Couldn't that be a good thing?"
AWESOME

THIS was Violet's face: ------>

Pete just made a perfect point haha and she didn't know where to look at, she only knew, she needed to avoid his eyes by all means
It's just a sentence, but it's there, and it's about them about family, which is what the title is about so cool! And all the things Dell said today might make Violet react.... There's hope!!
What Pete said and what Dell said have to have hit home in some way, but only time will tell.

In the meantime I've started on a fic taking a different direction in 2x22, a what if Violet hadn't gone home and thereby not been ambushed by Katie... Since I have committed to some other fics it won't be a long one, but maybe it can inspire more ficwriters to start producing

Wow, people went quiet here, well for those who are interested, I posted my fic

I wanna be happy
What if Violet didn't go home in 2x22?

Last edited by kostilicious; 11-23-2009 at 04:43 AM
Old 11-23-2009, 04:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Pete's line really was great..

Guro, please don't doublepost.. please use the edit button

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 11-23-2009, 08:01 AM
iKi
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Wow, people went quiet here, well for those who are interested, I posted my fic

I wanna be happy
What if Violet didn't go home in 2x22?
ops sorry forgot to say a word!! I'll be reading it feel so curious! just need to spare some time for it,very busy these days, will post my comment once I've red it
Old 11-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Absolute Fan

I'm currently rewatching the pregnancy arc right now and I'm up to 2x17 and I noticed now (after having seen the deleted scenes) when Violet and Sheldon talk after having done the couple's therapy... Violet picks up the plant Pete gave her in that deleted scene and while Sheldon is talking to her she looks at it for a moment (she holds it for the whole time they talk).

I also noticed that in the beginning of the episode after Violet agreed to help with the couple's therapy, when she runs into Pete, after saying hi, she turns and looks at him for a moment. Maybe I am watching this with shipper-colored glasses, but I like seeing small hints like that
Old 11-23-2009, 02:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I also noticed that in the beginning of the episode after Violet agreed to help with the couple's therapy, when she runs into Pete, after saying hi, she turns and looks at him for a moment. Maybe I am watching this with shipper-colored glasses, but I like seeing small hints like that
I remember when she looked at him. It was one of the best scenes in a pretty boring episode IMO. I remember that the whole Violet/Sheldon doing therapy sessions together was pretty annoying to me. Maybe because I really can't stand Sheldon.

Have you all seen this Violet/Pete video? Someone sent it to Amy on twitter. It's pretty good:

YouTube - Fallen

Icon by ligeres
Old 11-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I remember when she looked at him. It was one of the best scenes in a pretty boring episode IMO. I remember that the whole Violet/Sheldon doing therapy sessions together was pretty annoying to me. Maybe because I really can't stand Sheldon.

Have you all seen this Violet/Pete video? Someone sent it to Amy on twitter. It's pretty good:

YouTube - Fallen
I have been subscribing to the vidder for a long time now. She does amazing Mulder/Scully videos (some of my favorite ones, like for instance Wires and Love Story).

She has a multi-ship vid where Violet/Pete appears (just the one scene from 2x09, since the vid was made right after) and I noticed in her profile that she's a Violet/Pete shipper so I was crossing my fingers that we would get a Violet/Pete vid from her (I even posted on her profile only like a day or two before the vid was posted asking her if she was going to make a vid focusing on Violet/Pete entirely), because she really us one of the best vidders I've come across so far, and I watch vids for a LOT of ships.