Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2008, 08:38 AM
Master Fan

I keep forgetting I'm going away too, I'm going to france on the 30th of august for about a week, which should be good.

Although my parents seem to think because I did a french GCSE I'm suddenly an expert. and who knows I don't even have my results I might still get an F.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Tu es très intelligente. You'll do well
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Old 08-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Master Fan

My parents know I'm awful at French, thank God.

The gymnastics at the Olympics is SO amazing.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:48 AM
Total Fan

I was just saying last night I used to LOVE watching the gymnastics. I keep forgetting when it's on now because of the time difference
Old 08-15-2008, 10:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Tu es très intelligente. You'll do well
Thanks! I hope so.

I haven't really been watching the olympics, only when it's on the news I keep forgetting!

Old 08-15-2008, 12:42 PM
Master Fan

I'm watching the replays on the red button interactive, mostly, and watching the highlights on the Games Today. I watched it live on Saturday, but was up all night and was knackered all day, and wasn't really worth it.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't watched anything so far unless you count the opening ceremony... But I have to say I'm never really interested in it I like the Winter Olympics better, but I don't really watch those either, actually.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:03 PM
Master Fan

I didn't watch the opening ceremony. But I've watched absolutely loads of the actual Olympics. I love it. Especially the gymnastics, but I love the badminton, athletics and swimming, too. I can watch pretty much anything except the sailing and the table tennis. It's weird because I'm not normally interested in sport. But, then, the only things that get much coverage in England are football, rugby and cricket and they're the three most boring sports on Earth (after sailing and table tennis).
Old 08-15-2008, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like playing table tennis and sailing is a lot of fun, but I can imagine it would be quite a bore to watch either one
Old 08-15-2008, 01:13 PM
Master Fan

We aren't even playing footie at the olympics, it would probably start a riot if they attempted to do a Great Britian team though.

I used to be really into most sports, but now it's only football and I only really keep up with my own team, so stuff like the olympics I watch whenever it happens to be on the telly while it's switched on.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintedxlie (View Post)
I haven't watched anything so far unless you count the opening ceremony... But I have to say I'm never really interested in it I like the Winter Olympics better, but I don't really watch those either, actually.
You're an honorary Canadian. Now I have to teach you of some of the finer points of being Canadian.

Stephen Harper is your new PM, you wonder how insane he is. Stéphane Dion is the leader of the official opposition (the Liberals) you're not sure what you think of him... (especially if you're a Quebecer).

KD = Kraft Dinner = Mac & Cheese
Chips come in:
-dill pickle
-salt & vinegar
-regular
-All Dressed
-Ketchup
-Barbecue
-Sour Cream & Onion
-and odd flavours

Poutine is yummy.

Habs rock

Leafs suck.

We have CTV, Global, and CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) Many of us call that the TBC, because it's Toronto-centric. I'm linking you to CBC because that's where Doctor Who is aired... though they haven't yet started on the fourth season.

I think that's it for now.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:25 PM
Master Fan

I'm not much of a sports person in general, and I'm also not interested in the Olympics much, particularly not the Summer Olympics. I didn't even watch the opening ceremonies this time around.

But I am particularly looking forward to the next Winter Olympics, because it's going to be held in my home town I may even volunteer to help out with events. My main interest is curling, and I understand that the curling club where I play is going to be one of the practice venues for the teams competing in the Olympics.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There's a huge clock at the info centre in Ottawa (across from Parliament Hill) counting down to the 2010 Olympics.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:40 PM
Master Fan

I've never even watched the Winter Olympics. In England, there's a big fuss about the Summer Olympics, with round-the-clock coverage and everything. I don't remember there being *anything* about the Winter Olympics. This is probably because we have had 669 medals since 1896 in the Summer Olympics and 21 since 1924 in the Winter. By the way, this isn't encyclopedic knowledge, this is Wikipedia knowledge.

Fact: Great Britain is the only nation to have won at least one gold medal at every Games. This would be cool, except Great Britain is probably about the only nation who hasn't boycotted the Games at one time or another
Old 08-15-2008, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoptheqtip (View Post)
I've never even watched the Winter Olympics. In England, there's a big fuss about the Summer Olympics, with round-the-clock coverage and everything. I don't remember there being *anything* about the Winter Olympics. This is probably because we have had 669 medals since 1896 in the Summer Olympics and 21 since 1924 in the Winter. By the way, this isn't encyclopedic knowledge, this is Wikipedia knowledge.

Fact: Great Britain is the only nation to have won at least one gold medal at every Games. This would be cool, except Great Britain is probably about the only nation who hasn't boycotted the Games at one time or another
That's sad.

Fact: Canada is the only nation to host the summer Olympics and not win a gold medal at the games, this happened in Montreal 1976.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread