Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-18-2016, 01:41 PM
Total Fan

Hello How is everyone?

I'm so stoked it's less than a week until Christmas and then I get time off. I only have to go to work on December 27th (though maybe I'll work from home) and then I'm off until January 5 Bad thing is I have to get up at 5 AM tomorrow for the German class and what's worse we have a test for which I didn't study much because too much stuff was happening over the weekend
Old 12-18-2016, 01:50 PM
Extreme Fan

My cat died... She did it while sleeping, we didn't even notice it. She was very well alive yesterday, but today she died... Somehow I'm not as sad as I though I would be. I'm glad she left without suffering much pain and she was nearly 12 years old, so...
I want a new cat just like her but I don't wanna see animals dying anymore...
Old 12-18-2016, 10:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
My cat died... She did it while sleeping, we didn't even notice it. She was very well alive yesterday, but today she died... Somehow I'm not as sad as I though I would be. I'm glad she left without suffering much pain and she was nearly 12 years old, so...
I'm sorry to read that. It's good that she didn't suffer at the end and she had a good cat life

Quote:
It's hard to let them go. They are part of our lives and they love us more truly than most human beings.

Quote:
I'm so stoked it's less than a week until Christmas and then I get time off. I only have to go to work on December 27th (though maybe I'll work from home) and then I'm off until January 5
Hey Aga! Nice to see you around
That's a niiiice extended vacation! What are you planning to do with all this time? You need plans!

Quote:
Bad thing is I have to get up at 5 AM tomorrow for the German class and what's worse we have a test for which I didn't study much because too much stuff was happening over the weekend
Well, now we know at least one person on Santa's naughty list

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 12-18-2016, 11:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, why can't cats/dogs live long like turtles? She always purr near me
Old 12-19-2016, 02:22 PM
Total Fan

I'm so sorry
Quote:
That's a niiiice extended vacation! What are you planning to do with all this time? You need plans!
Nothing special I guess I'll be sleeping in and for me winter is not the best time to make plans, it's you know, cold But I'll be starting the renovation of the apartment my grandfather left when he died 3 years ago, I'm planning to move there next year, so I need to look at stuff I'd like to have and find out how bankrupt I'm gonna be afterwards

Quote:
Well, now we know at least one person on Santa's naughty list
I'm sorry to dissappoint you, I've just been glued to TV all weekend after **** hit the fan in the parliament on Friday But I took a break to see the new Star Wars

And I passed the test Barely because I had 59% out of 60% needed and the teacher decided to be nice to poor me, because it was already a retake, everyone failed it last week
Old 12-20-2016, 07:02 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERussia (View Post)
I'm really sorry at least she had a good life with you! I wouldn't get a new cat right after. Give yourself some time to process, you know? Seeing animals die is never easy...and so sad

Carla, good luck with Christmas dinner prep...glad we don't do much with Christmas. We're not real holiday people. For us it's just another day. The week will be busy anyway. Tomorrow Jos' brother is coming for dinner, thursday we are headed to the theater for a show and on friday we have a dinner with Jos' dad and his wife. We'll probably continue our great progress in our hold place on saturday and then we have sunday and monday to relax.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 12-21-2016, 03:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah, why can't cats/dogs live long like turtles? She always purr near me
I don't even know how turtles live so long. Although they are very fragile so they rarely reach the old age they can reach. But the strong ones live very long.

Quote:
Nothing special I guess I'll be sleeping in
Sounds like a plan

Quote:
nd for me winter is not the best time to make plans, it's you know, cold
I hate the heat so I'm fine with a little cold... as long as it's not getting under -3 because then it's really too cold to do anything outside

Quote:
But I'll be starting the renovation of the apartment my grandfather left when he died 3 years ago, I'm planning to move there next year,
Ooooh cool! Home renovation project! And you are making a home for yourself! That sounds brilliant.

I wish I could help! I suck at decoration and all that but I'm handy with electricity, plumbing, tiles, grouting etc. And I like it too.

Quote:
so I need to look at stuff I'd like to have and find out how bankrupt I'm gonna be afterwards
well you don't have to get everything at once

Quote:
I'm sorry to dissappoint you, I've just been glued to TV all weekend after **** hit the fan in the parliament on Friday
you never disappoint Aga and yeah I read about that and if I were Blaszczak, I wouldn't risk suggesting a coup even in a ridiculous attempt to suggest that a peaceful protest against fascist laws is an attack You don't want to give people ideas...

Quote:
But I took a break to see the new Star Wars
Did you like it? The reviews have been tepid but then again the previous one got great reviews and it sucked so...

Quote:
And I passed the test Barely because I had 59% out of 60% needed and the teacher decided to be nice to poor me, because it was already a retake, everyone failed it last week
hmmm... yeah I guess that doesn't reflect very well on the teacher when everyone fails (which is why they are basically handing out highschool diplomas to just anyone now in France: they don't want people questioning the teachers and their abilities )

Quote:
Carla, good luck with Christmas dinner prep...glad we don't do much with Christmas. We're not real holiday people.
We aren't either really. It'll just be me and my sis, since my brother is off somewhere and my Mom has plans with friends, which is fine by us
I just like to cook so I'm trying to make something special but it's just the occasion really. We do exchange gifts but we self-limited a few years back to one each, so as not to go overboard
I guess Xmas is more for kids and religious people but I like to hold on to the child in me and it's as good as time as any

Joana will be coming on the 30th though so we're looking forward to the new year celebration more.

Quote:
Tomorrow Jos' brother is coming for dinner, thursday we are headed to the theater for a show and on friday we have a dinner with Jos' dad and his wife.
Quite a week indeed. And theater! nothing like live theater to get a little sense of wonder and remember our inner kids

Old 12-21-2016, 04:25 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)

We aren't either really. It'll just be me and my sis, since my brother is off somewhere and my Mom has plans with friends, which is fine by us
I just like to cook so I'm trying to make something special but it's just the occasion really. We do exchange gifts but we self-limited a few years back to one each, so as not to go overboard
I guess Xmas is more for kids and religious people but I like to hold on to the child in me and it's as good as time as any

Joana will be coming on the 30th though so we're looking forward to the new year celebration more.

Quite a week indeed. And theater! nothing like live theater to get a little sense of wonder and remember our inner kids
Makes sense! I never had the traditional christmas as a kid, so I guess that's part of why I don't miss it. I was always going from home to home, foster homes, etc. They never really celebrated christmas. Sometimes I wish I had a big family with traditions, etc I hope you two have lots of fun together!

So cool you get to celebrate the new year celebration with your love!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 12-21-2016, 12:56 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
I hate the heat so I'm fine with a little cold... as long as it's not getting under -3 because then it's really too cold to do anything outside
-3 you say? Oh you sweet summer child

Quote:
And you are making a home for yourself! That sounds brilliant.
I'm excited about it, but also anxious, because there's a looot to be done.

Quote:
I'm handy with electricity, plumbing, tiles, grouting etc. And I like it too.
I'm useless But I guess I'll learn some stuff during the renovation and after I move out. But luckily my uncle is great with this stuff, so he offered to help. He isn't going to do everything, but still I won't have to hire people to do all the work

Quote:
well you don't have to get everything at once
I know ;lol: but still almost everything has to go, only the windows and the wooden floor stay (although the floor needs to be refreshed)

Quote:
and if I were Blaszczak, I wouldn't risk suggesting a coup even in a ridiculous attempt to suggest that a peaceful protest against fascist laws is an attack You don't want to give people ideas...
We've been hearing the same propaganda every day from everyone in PiS, seriously they must be cyborgs or something
And Błaszczak is dumb as ****, but still the police force is under him, so the parliament, inside and out, is full of police (they even put up metal barriers around on Sunday night) The biggest problem is that I'm pretty sure they won't back down, because the real power is in the hands of Kaczyński, who is the president of PiS and is running the country from the back seat. The guy is a psycho and everyone else, the president and the PM included, are spineless and pathetic. I wonder what he has on them that they allow themselves to be humiliated so much. And since Kaczyński made so many people break the law in the last year, they won't give up power peacefully. This will only escalate and I fear something terrible is going to happen sooner rather than later

Quote:
Did you like it? The reviews have been tepid but then again the previous one got great reviews and it sucked so..
I liked it! And I also liked the previous one but yeah, I know where the criticism is coming from. But at least 3 people who are way bigger fans of SW than me said that Rogue One is much better than The Force Awakens.

Quote:
hmmm... yeah I guess that doesn't reflect very well on the teacher when everyone fails
Normally I'd agree, but in this case I'm pretty sure we studied too little and the material was really difficult. He said that if you know this stuff then you can say that you speak really good German. And we don't, so...
Old 12-22-2016, 10:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Makes sense! I never had the traditional christmas as a kid, so I guess that's part of why I don't miss it. I was always going from home to home, foster homes, etc. They never really celebrated christmas. Sometimes I wish I had a big family with traditions, etc
Yeah I get that. We're not big on family traditions either, or family, at least not since our grandparents died because they were our real family. They pretty much brought us up and I have fond memories of Xmas eves with them.

Quote:
So cool you get to celebrate the new year celebration with your love!
and since my birthday is on the 4th, it's a big celebration week so she just has to come!

Quote:
-3 you say? Oh you sweet summer child
well I was born in a city by the Mediterranean so even 0 is cold for me.

Quote:
I'm excited about it, but also anxious, because there's a looot to be done.
Just organize yourself and plan ahead. It's daunting at first but the more organized you are, the more your vision will be clear and it will help you not to feel overwhelmed

Quote:
I'm useless But I guess I'll learn some stuff during the renovation and after I move out.
nothing like needing to do stuff on a budget for learning
I am in the process of fixing my oven. I don't want to pay for a new oven just because the heating element is toast and the "repairman" was going to take 95 euros plus whatever they want for the spare part. And for what? Two screws to unscrew and a grid to secure. Please. I got the part for 15 euros on amazon, I'll do it myself, thanks.

I hate being scammed by those bozos so I learned

Quote:
But luckily my uncle is great with this stuff, so he offered to help. He isn't going to do everything, but still I won't have to hire people to do all the work
Cool. And you can learn a lot from him too. And from the internet. Seriously. So much DIY videos out there.

Quote:
I know ;lol: but still almost everything has to go, only the windows and the wooden floor stay (although the floor needs to be refreshed)
Damn, that is a lot indeed but it's brilliant. It'll be yours for real. You can pick everything as you like. Awesome.
Man, I won't even tell Joana about this. She'd be so jealous

Quote:
The guy is a psycho and everyone else, the president and the PM included, are spineless and pathetic. I wonder what he has on them that they allow themselves to be humiliated so much.
I'm sure he knows where all the bodies are buried.

Quote:
This will only escalate and I fear something terrible is going to happen sooner rather than later
maybe it'll just be change for the better.

Quote:
I liked it! And I also liked the previous one
Really? it's just a dumber version of A New Hope. Damn, almost scene by scene and line by line.

Quote:
But at least 3 people who are way bigger fans of SW than me said that Rogue One is much better than The Force Awakens.
I'll try it mostly because I like the cast and I support Kathleen Kennedy putting female characters front and center in nerd movies.

Quote:
Normally I'd agree, but in this case I'm pretty sure we studied too little and the material was really difficult. He said that if you know this stuff then you can say that you speak really good German. And we don't, so...
Well, you learn even from failure. Tests are just random testing of your knowledge so I'm sure you learned things anyway.

I'm speaking like a Hallmark card today

One more work day before Xmas weekend!
One of my crazy clients asked if I could give her a class on Saturday and I was like "it's Xmas eve" and she said "I know! so you could come and help with my cooking" and I was like "hmmmm and then you come and help me with mine then?"

At least I know what I'm cooking and I have all my gifts wrapped so no pressure eh?

Old 12-23-2016, 02:39 AM
Supreme Fan

And the FF interface is screwed up yet again for me, lol. Keeps saying FF is a dangerous site, even when I disable everything.

Since I don't know how active ppl (me included) are going to be the next few days I wanted to wish you all a very merry Christmas and an even better 2017. I love that we all got to know each other, you especially Carla, it's been a blast getting to know you
Old 12-23-2016, 08:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And the FF interface is screwed up yet again for me, lol. Keeps saying FF is a dangerous site, even when I disable everything.
Yeah I don't know what's going on again. I just told Google to STFU but then I have great anti virus software so I don't blame people for staying away until it's solved

Quote:
Since I don't know how active ppl (me included) are going to be the next few days I wanted to wish you all a very merry Christmas and an even better 2017.
And a merry Xmas for you too Ingmar. And to Jos as well (and the kitties of course )

I'll be cooking some this weekend but I'll be around this week so if you drop by (and the board is on ) tell us how you're doing and how's the house warming is going

Quote:
I love that we all got to know each other, you especially Carla, it's been a blast getting to know you
Awww you're very sweet. I'm really grateful for all the people I met on the board over the years and even though we're not many these days, I know I'll always have a smile waiting for me when I log in.

I know a lot of people think the internet is separating us but I find I don't have much opportunity in real life to just get to know people anymore so I'm glad that I get to do that here. I guess we're all sort of intimate strangers since we've never met in real life but then if we had, we'd probably wouldn't have talked like we do here.

Old 12-24-2016, 06:57 AM
Supreme Fan

For the people who could use some cuteness overload during christmas time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aebEFrvrPfs

Just a little clip of the kittens. 9 weeks now.

Have fun/Good luck cooking Carla, I bet dinner is going to be amazeballs

I love the internet. In real life I'm not really social. Mainly because I don't have the desire to talk to that many people and it's hard to find people who ''click'' so to speak. On the internet it's easier somehow. I even met Jos on the internet, so that's kinda my style I guess. I'd love to meet you in the future; France isn't that far away from us There's a direct train between Delft (where we live) and Paris, so easy to get there
Old 12-24-2016, 04:01 PM
Elite Fan

All the best wishes for the year to come and a merry Xmas to all of you. My sister made this little card for friends and family so here it is for my family

Quote:
For the people who could use some cuteness overload during christmas time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aebEFrvrPfs

Just a little clip of the kittens. 9 weeks now.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW so cuuuute! Damn! I needed that

Quote:
Have fun/Good luck cooking Carla, I bet dinner is going to be amazeballs
So far so good I'll post pictures on Monday

Quote:
I love the internet. In real life I'm not really social. Mainly because I don't have the desire to talk to that many people and it's hard to find people who ''click'' so to speak.
I can relate to that. I have few very good friends and I'm happy with that. It took me a long time to find people who "get" me, not just the fun parts, but the whole me, and I cherish them.

Honestly I think the internet also made me more outgoing in real life. I was very shy as a teen and in my 20ies. I'm still private but I'm not shy anymore. I can talk to people more easily. I started thinking that I probably wouldn't be intimidated by them if I met them online so why make it a difference?

Quote:
On the internet it's easier somehow. I even met Jos on the internet, so that's kinda my style I guess.
I didn't know you two met online! You'll have to tell me all about it

Quote:
I'd love to meet you in the future; France isn't that far away from us There's a direct train between Delft (where we live) and Paris, so easy to get there
We loved Amsterdam when we were there a couple of years ago and I know Joana loved the other cities she went to after I went home and it's really easy to get there from Paris or even Porto so I'm sure another trip won't be too far ahead either

Old 12-25-2016, 04:37 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
All the best wishes for the year to come and a merry Xmas to all of you. My sister made this little card for friends and family so here it is for my family

Love the card!

Quote:
I can relate to that. I have few very good friends and I'm happy with that. It took me a long time to find people who "get" me, not just the fun parts, but the whole me, and I cherish them.

Honestly I think the internet also made me more outgoing in real life. I was very shy as a teen and in my 20ies. I'm still private but I'm not shy anymore. I can talk to people more easily. I started thinking that I probably wouldn't be intimidated by them if I met them online so why make it a difference?
Yeah, sounds familiar. Took me quite some time, but now I'm really happy with the friends I do have. They have your back always and I can be myself with them. It's certainly easier for me to meet them online and then feel myself with them once I meet them in real life. Your logic is kinda nice, I need to remember that. Why be nervous in real life, while I have no issues meeting them online and then in real life after

Quote:
I didn't know you two met online! You'll have to tell me all about it
We were both on a dating site. He sent the first message, asking me if wore my glasses all the time. We chatted for like 2 months untill we met up, but later on we both admitted we were already feeling butterflies very early on (while chatting). The first date was a disaster though. It was raining and I had some wax/gel in my hair to make a good impression. What. A. Backfire. Rain and gel? Not a good combo. Add to that, that on his side he was constantly talking about his ex (he has one relationship before me - a year). The rest of the date was awesome though. The click was instant and we talked for hours. We agreed to a second date and that went a lot better. The ex stuff continued for some dates, but I gave him his time to process. He started dating way too fast and it was his first relationship. I valued the click and I could feel he had feelings for me, so I knew it would just be a matter of time before he'd let him go. After a few months he couldn't figure out why it took him so long, he wasn't even that great and the relationship itself was horrible (his words). That was all in 2010. On the 19th we made the relationship official. Now..more than 6 years later..I must admit I didn't think it would last this long, since it's my first relationship. Guess I'm very, very lucky.

Quote:
We loved Amsterdam when we were there a couple of years ago and I know Joana loved the other cities she went to after I went home and it's really easy to get there from Paris or even Porto so I'm sure another trip won't be too far ahead either
I don't really love the Netherlands, but it's always nice to hear that other people love it.