Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-06-2016, 12:33 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hi everyone! How's your week going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Ooooh so pretty but then it gets old, right?
Here we have freezing cold but no snow (I'm sure we will later though if things keep going that way)
I hope this time we'll get snow for Christmas because seriously I don't remember the last time it snowed here for Christmas / New Year

And yes, it's get soooo cold right now

Quote:
Haven't been to Polignano but Bari and Arbelobello were amazing. I'd love to go back. Italy is not a huge country but there is so much beauty and culture and History, and diversity of landscapes, it's hard to pick just one region.
Exactly

Quote:
I wouldn't say it out loud in front of witnesses because I might be arrested for treason but Italian food is better than French food
I actually didn't try that much of French food, need to fix that

Quote:
your friend is a gamer, I like that
true

Quote:
ooooh the last time I was there, I was 13 and camping with my grandparents. Man, that makes me miss my grandma and grandpa. We took such great walks in that region
You have great memories then

Ingmar, I hope the move went well
Old 12-06-2016, 01:01 PM
Elite Fan

I hope all went well with the move, Ingmar. I bet the computers will be one of the first things up and running

Hey Kate

Quote:
I hope this time we'll get snow for Christmas because seriously I don't remember the last time it snowed here for Christmas / New Year
Seriously? With all the cold you're getting, you don't even have snow! Boo!
Sometimes it's too cold I guess even snow is staying up where it's warm.

Quote:
I actually didn't try that much of French food, need to fix that
Honestly I think it's hard now to get real good French food in restaurants. Even here, you get either American tourist French food or burgers and pre-packaged stuff.
In Italy, you can still get great Italians meals in even small restaurants all around the country. They cook from their local produce and they are very proud of their traditions. We just want to make money on the famous French food

BUT if you ever come to Paris, I'll get you to a good place or two

Quote:
You have great memories then
A lot. I spent so much time with my grandparents as a kid and my grandfather was a lover of language. I think Italian is the first one he really learned as an adult and he went to Italy a lot to put it in practice.

I'll drop by even though I will be in Porto until Monday. We have a busy schedule, dates and concerts and all but I will have my tablet with me.
Of course, as always when I go in the winter, I don't know what to wear because the temperatures are below zero here but in Porto it's still 20°C

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 12-10-2016, 08:18 PM
Master Fan

Sorry I haven't been around. Life is keeping me busy or dizzy. No idea where the time goes.

- Mel
Old 12-11-2016, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Mel

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 12-11-2016, 12:51 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I hope all went well with the move, Ingmar. I bet the computers will be one of the first things up and running

Hey Kate

Seriously? With all the cold you're getting, you don't even have snow! Boo!
Sometimes it's too cold I guess even snow is staying up where it's warm.

Honestly I think it's hard now to get real good French food in restaurants. Even here, you get either American tourist French food or burgers and pre-packaged stuff.
In Italy, you can still get great Italians meals in even small restaurants all around the country. They cook from their local produce and they are very proud of their traditions. We just want to make money on the famous French food

A lot. I spent so much time with my grandparents as a kid and my grandfather was a lover of language. I think Italian is the first one he really learned as an adult and he went to Italy a lot to put it in practice.

I'll drop by even though I will be in Porto until Monday. We have a busy schedule, dates and concerts and all but I will have my tablet with me.
Of course, as always when I go in the winter, I don't know what to wear because the temperatures are below zero here but in Porto it's still 20°C

The move went great. The last tiny things were brought over today; the perks of living only five minutes away from your old apartment. Most of the big items (tables, bed) were brought over by professionals, but most of our stuff (dvd collection, gaming consoles, emotional items) was brought over by ourselves. It already feels like a great home. Starting tomorrow we have internet going aswell. Right now I'm using the internet connection of my phone; using it as a hotspot now, so I have internet on the MacBook. Needed to order some clothes and give an update here I hope everyone is okay, hope you have a great time in Portugal Carla! Let us know how it was!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 12-11-2016, 03:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Flame (View Post)
Mel
Hey Karen!

My folks are driving me bonkers. Planning and discussing getting rid of stuff next July. I'm like lets worry about organizing and doing stuff to make a difference now. Otherwise they will be like when it gets nice outside "lets deal with that when it's cold outside". Nice way to procrastinate!

- Mel
Old 12-12-2016, 01:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Seriously? With all the cold you're getting, you don't even have snow! Boo!Sometimes it's too cold I guess even snow is staying up where it's warm.
No And now it's just meeeeh no snow And cold, obviously

Quote:
Well that explains a lot When I was in school exchange (only for a week or so) near Strasbourg, the food was more like German than French so I don't have much to compare

But honestly, I don't think it's much diffrent here

Quote:

Quote:
Sounds great I should learn Italian too

Quote:

Hope you had a good time

Quote:
Otherwise they will be like when it gets nice outside "lets deal with that when it's cold outside". Nice way to procrastinate!
I have moments like that too But yeah, it can be irritating

for the move Ingmar!
Old 12-12-2016, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Throttle (View Post)
Hey Karen!

My folks are driving me bonkers. Planning and discussing getting rid of stuff next July. I'm like lets worry about organizing and doing stuff to make a difference now. Otherwise they will be like when it gets nice outside "lets deal with that when it's cold outside". Nice way to procrastinate!
haha that doesn't sound like fun

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 12-12-2016, 06:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Flame (View Post)
haha that doesn't sound like fun
No it's not. Lots of arguments, since I can't seem to keep the smarty remarks to myself.

It's cold here and we have like 7 inches of the white stuff on the ground.

- Mel
Old 12-13-2016, 08:52 AM
Elite Fan

hey Peeps

I'm back from the kindanniversary celebration weekend so I'll be around more this week even though clients are driving me crazy.
People are so stressed about holidays cooking. It's a holiday! relax! Geeez!

Quote:
I hope everyone is okay, hope you have a great time in Portugal Carla! Let us know how it was!
It was brilliant *and* it's still 20°C there, which is about 22 degrees more than we're getting in Paris
We were stuck to each other for 5 days, which is probably not a good idea because long distance blues starts the minute she drops me at the airport but hey, at least we had that.
Went to good restaurants, had romantic walks under Xmas lights, saw a Biker Santa parade (I kid you not! ) and we even went to a Funk/Soul concert of the same singer who was singing in a tiny bar where we had our first date. She's now much bigger and touring Europe so it was kismet she was there for our anniversary

Glad to see the move went well and you seem zen about it, Ingmar
Send pics when you are settled a bit, I'd love to see the place

I may have to move soon, though not by choice. My landlady died and her son took over and wants to increase rent by 35%
Sis says he can't and we're going to look it up but when things start like that, it's probably not a good relationship coming up.
I think he just wants us to leave so he can rent the place on airbnb

Quote:
My folks are driving me bonkers. Planning and discussing getting rid of stuff next July. I'm like lets worry about organizing and doing stuff to make a difference now
yeah that sounds familiar but hey we did a big spring winter cleaning last week before I left and the place is much breathier now (also, it'll help move faster if push comes to shove )

Are you going to organize it yourself or wait for them to make the first move in August?

Quote:
No it's not. Lots of arguments, since I can't seem to keep the smarty remarks to myself.
Ah the Xmas spirit (hey, smarty remarks are made to be spoken out loud so if you can't hold them in, just send a text to yourself with them and that should take care of the itch to speak)

Quote:
No And now it's just meeeeh no snow And cold, obviously
I saw a football game in Poland this weekend and daaaaamn people in the audience looked like human popsicles
I don't envy you. It's cold enough here already for me!

Quote:
Well that explains a lot When I was in school exchange (only for a week or so) near Strasbourg, the food was more like German than French so I don't have much to compare
Yep but you must never tell that to people in Alsace

Quote:
It's cold here and we have like 7 inches of the white stuff on the ground.
eeeeeek! It's going to be soon here but it'll be better than the record pollution we're getting

Old 12-14-2016, 07:43 PM
Master Fan

Just dropping by quick. Didn't come yesterday or earlier today cause of all those virus/hacking warnings I got from McAfee and Firefox. Glad it's back to normal now.

- Mel
Old 12-15-2016, 06:31 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Throttle (View Post)

Just dropping by quick. Didn't come yesterday or earlier today cause of all those virus/hacking warnings I got from McAfee and Firefox. Glad it's back to normal now.
Had the same happen to me, it was pretty annoying. Glad it's fixed.

Welcome back Carla! So glad you had an amazing time. Sounds perfect, especially the concert...considering the history Jealous of the temperature in Portugal..

I don't think he can just kick you out like that, or increase rent by that much, but yeah, you're correct...either way it's not the best way to start a relationship. Kinda unfortunate maybe move to Portugal?

I'll be sure to make some pics when all of our new furniture is here, aswell as the two cats. Only one month left....we can barely wait, they get cuter by the week. Jos already took the first week that they are here off from work, so he has the time to get to know them aswell. It's like a baby for a lot of people...you don't want to miss out on moments, especially the first time they do it. And yes, we're crazy cat men Or just responsible and loving cat owners, depends how you wanna call it
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 12-16-2016, 01:32 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah it was probably just an ad banner that triggered the whole thing. And that's the reason why I never disable adblock

Quote:
Welcome back Carla! So glad you had an amazing time. Sounds perfect, especially the concert...considering the history Jealous of the temperature in Portugal..
Hey Ingmar yeah it was perfect but too short as always. Not anything short of 1200 years would appear anything but short but you know... greedy.

Quote:
I don't think he can just kick you out like that, or increase rent by that much, but yeah, you're correct...either way it's not the best way to start a relationship. Kinda unfortunate maybe move to Portugal?
Heh I wish. Speaking the language is the problem though. I can't live off kisses and cuddles, as much as I'd love to

How's the new place? Are you used to it yet?

Quote:
It's like a baby for a lot of people...you don't want to miss out on moments, especially the first time they do it. And yes, we're crazy cat men
hey nothing wrong with that. I'm one of the dog people but kittens are so cute, they are impossible to resist

Any plans for the weekend?

Old 12-16-2016, 03:03 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Yeah it was probably just an ad banner that triggered the whole thing. And that's the reason why I never disable adblock

Hey Ingmar yeah it was perfect but too short as always. Not anything short of 1200 years would appear anything but short but you know... greedy.

Heh I wish. Speaking the language is the problem though. I can't live off kisses and cuddles, as much as I'd love to

How's the new place? Are you used to it yet?

hey nothing wrong with that. I'm one of the dog people but kittens are so cute, they are impossible to resist

Any plans for the weekend?
Yeah, can only imagine the ''too short'' part. Hope time flies and you can see each other soon again! Too bad that the language barrier makes it harder to move there, understandably so though.

Yeah, we're used to it. Felt like home on our first day. Much more than the previous appartment. This feels like OUR place, not just HIS place, where I moved in. The home will only improve when our new ordered furniture starts coming in.

We still have to do some things in our old appartment, so his dad can put it down for sale, so we'll make a start with that tomorrow morning. Rest of the weekend we are probably going to chill You?
Old 12-17-2016, 08:35 PM
Elite Fan

Slept 3 hours last night so I took a nap mid-way through posting on the couch

Quote:
Yeah, can only imagine the ''too short'' part. Hope time flies and you can see each other soon again! Too bad that the language barrier makes it harder to move there, understandably so though.
I don't think she wants to stay there either. It's a very catholic country and very traditionalist in many ways so mentalities regarding same-sex couples are slow to change.
The government is doing a lot though, in terms of medical coverage, adoption rights and access to IVF (which we still don't have in France if you're not a straight couple) but that doesn't change the fact that we are still getting off looks and even random comments sometimes. Nothing bad but you know... not exactly welcoming.

Quote:
This feels like OUR place, not just HIS place, where I moved in. The home will only improve when our new ordered furniture starts coming in.
I understand what you mean. Now you're making a home of your own.

Quote:
We still have to do some things in our old appartment, so his dad can put it down for sale, so we'll make a start with that tomorrow morning.
Heh oh yeah I forgot that your in-law was the landlord.

Quote:
Rest of the weekend we are probably going to chill You?
Chilling with your loved one in a new place... that sounds like a great weekend
I need to start thinking about Christmas dinner so I'll probably do some research for inspiration and make my menu just so I know what I'll need to buy and spread the prep over the week.
Also, need to look more into real estate law. not for fun, mind you. Just because our new landlord wants to raise our rent drastically and we want to make sure what our rights are.

Sounds fun eh?