Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-22-2016, 04:39 PM
Master Fan

Hi all, sorry I haven't been around much lately. The Election, what a mess. Still cannot believe Trump is going to be President. Have you guys seen the Hail Trump video? It's awful. I cannot believe such a thing happened. There's just so much to be appalled about lately with regards to that man and everything connected to him. The day after Election Day, girlfriend and I went up to VT with her brother and his girlfriend to spend a long weekend with their parents since the mom wanted the kids (and their SOs) up with them for a long weekend and last month (when it was the 40th wedding anniversary) didn't work for the brother and his GF. I mostly enjoyed myself while up there, but it was hard being up there with people who likely voted for Trump (though thankfully our states were blue) and couldn't see why people were so outraged.

Anyway, hope everyone is well. I took the day off work 'cause I was feeling a little under the weather. Will likely go back tomorrow - partial day since Thursday is the holiday.
I made my icon.
Old 11-22-2016, 05:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Well, HC won the popular vote.
Old 11-24-2016, 06:58 PM
Elite Fan

Hey my peeps
Sorry I disappeared a little. Portugal and my lady's birthday were calling

Gaby! Good to hear from you. I hope you'll feel better soon

Quote:
I mostly enjoyed myself while up there, but it was hard being up there with people who likely voted for Trump (though thankfully our states were blue) and couldn't see why people were so outraged.
I think that's the worst part. That some people are just acting as if he was just a regular Republican candidate. Like they were living under a rock during the campaign and didn't hear a word he said about anything

Did you see what happened when Pence thought he'd look cool by attending Hamilton? did he really think that this cast would stay silent?

Quote:
Well, HC won the popular vote.
I just don't understand how the elections work in the US. I thought the States got their electors depending on their population. How can he get more electors with less votes?

Quote:
No its not and the more I keep hearing, I just shake my head. Found out that Ivanka's father-in-law is/was in prison. So yeah her husband being one of Donald's top advisors should be a real treat. How is that gonna work considering that Ivanka will be running the Trump company along with her brothers. How will they keep that all separate?
White Trash in the White House.

Quote:
It's a work in progress. Still trying to get all my bases covered. I'm sick of all things orange, but can't give up my cheetos.
well there are just things that shouldn't be given up

Quote:
I'm too damn frugal to my own detriment sometimes. My brother is getting me to lighten up a bit. It's a work-in-progress.
Heh at least it's in progress

Quote:
I'm going to Italy tomorrow So when I get back my bank account will be a catastrophe for sure
Hope you had a great time, regardless of your bank account bitching

Quote:
For Carla and the other people who love kitties:
AAAAAAWWWW
I'm not a fan of cats but kitties are adorable. Actually as I type this, one of my neighbor's cats is meowing pretty loud in the hallway. It's 2am. I guess they forgot to count their cats before going to bed
My sister said "don't even think about letting her in"

Quote:
P.S. Does anyone have work advice? My brother is hating his job, but the benefits and pay are just too go to go someplace else. He gets in these moods every few months...where he thinks he is the only one who cares about the work that needs to be done. He gets the worked dumped on him because they are short handed. I dunno what to tell him anymore. He is tired when he gets home. He isn't feeling well because of allergies. I think his co-workers dump on him because he is single and lives on his own. They feel like he should have all the time in the world...
That's BS and he should talk to his management about it. Being single has nothing to do with anything. Short-handed is one thing but everybody should share in the extra work.

Quote:
Money is important...you kinda need enough of it to be able to live your life, but feelings/health is even more important. His boss needs to respect that.
especially if he gets good benefits. But physical and emotional health are just as important as money.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 11-25-2016, 07:01 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
White Trash in the White House.
Exactly

Quote:
Hope you had a great time, regardless of your bank account bitching
Yeah it was worth it I would stay there for few days more though
Old 11-26-2016, 10:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah it was worth it I would stay there for few days more though
You went to Rome, right?

our next trip will be Italy. Probably Venezia

Unless we decide to go to Barcelona first

Haven't been to Venezia. Not in real life anyway and I've been told that video games don't count although I have to argue that I have seen the city from a vantage no tourist probably ever saw it (and killed a lot of people) when I was an Assassin and I raced through those canals like a pro when I was Lara Croft so it's not to be looked down upon

I have been to Barcelona (for real and virtually ) and I love it but I haven't been in ages so I guess it'll depend on what's the cheapest when we look.

I'd say both are pretty romantic but then again, the subway can be romantic if you bring the right person along, right?

Old 11-27-2016, 12:10 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
You went to Rome, right?
No, Bari this time Rome was two years ago but I need to come back there for sure We rented a car and had some trip so we have seen a bit more of the region.

Quote:
[ our next trip will be Italy. Probably Venezia

Unless we decide to go to Barcelona first

Haven't been to Venezia. Not in real life anyway and I've been told that video games don't count although I have to argue that I have seen the city from a vantage no tourist probably ever saw it (and killed a lot of people) when I was an Assassin and I raced through those canals like a pro when I was Lara Croft so it's not to be looked down upon
Very true What's more fun depends on what one likes more I havent' seen it it yet in either way But in real life you have vine and pizza and coffee and such so

Quote:
I have been to Barcelona (for real and virtually ) and I love it but I haven't been in ages so I guess it'll depend on what's the cheapest when we look.
Same, I was there when I was six or something.

Quote:
I'd say both are pretty romantic but then again, the subway can be romantic if you bring the right person along, right?
Exactly
Old 11-27-2016, 10:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I just don't understand how the elections work in the US. I thought the States got their electors depending on their population. How can he get more electors with less votes?
Basically each state gets a certain number of electors based on their population. New York gets more than New Jersey because there are more people in NY than in NJ, for instance. The number of electors is actually determined by how many representatives (variable on state population) plus how many senators (always 2) a state has, plus 3 for the District of Columbia. In 48 states (Nebraska and Maine are the exceptions), whomever wins the popular vote in that particular state will get all of the electors in that state. Nebraska and Maine allow for split electoral votes - in Nebraska, there are a total of 5 electoral votes and 2 go to the state's popular vote winner and the remaining 3 are split among the 3 Congressional districts, whomever wins the popular vote in each of those districts will get an electoral vote. Similar situation in Maine, but they only have two Congressional districts and a total of 4 electoral votes. Apparently this year, while Hillary won the overall popular vote in Maine, she did not win the popular vote in one of the two Congressional districts, so Trump got 1 electoral vote from Maine and Hillary got 3.

This is how it is always done though there are some efforts to get that changed, I don't think it's likely. Electors officially cast their votes on the first Monday after the second Wednesday in December. This year, that's December 19th, the latest it can be.
Old 11-28-2016, 11:15 PM
Elite Fan

Winter is coming! How is the weather treating you?

It was less than -5°C today in Paris (around 22°F). During the day.

Quote:
Apparently this year, while Hillary won the overall popular vote in Maine, she did not win the popular vote in one of the two Congressional districts, so Trump got 1 electoral vote from Maine and Hillary got 3.
Now I get it. Thanks Gaby. I thought I'd learned everything I needed to know about US politics from TWW but I guess I didn't

Quote:
This is how it is always done though there are some efforts to get that changed, I don't think it's likely. Electors officially cast their votes on the first Monday after the second Wednesday in December. This year, that's December 19th, the latest it can be.
Yeah I don't hold out much hope for it either. That would be a first and even though you could say that a white trash billionaire sponsored by the KKK in the WH is also a first... I don't see that many Republicans voting for Clinton to avoid Trump and reverse it

Quote:
No, Bari this time
ooooh how did you like Puglia? I loved Bari and its region.

Quote:
We rented a car and had some trip so we have seen a bit more of the region.
Best thing to do in Italy if you have nerves of steel since Italians are a bit... behind the wheel

Quote:
Very true What's more fun depends on what one likes more I havent' seen it it yet in either way But in real life you have vine and pizza and coffee and such so
What's not to love?

Quote:
Same, I was there when I was six or something.
Oh man, I probably was in college by then already

Old 11-29-2016, 07:17 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Winter is coming! How is the weather treating you?

It was less than -5°C today in Paris (around 22°F). During the day.
The snow season is officially started

Quote:
ooooh how did you like Puglia? I loved Bari and its region.
I it. We have seen some small cities I want to go back for sure Polignano a mare for example And Bari itself is great We've been also in Arbelobello - magic

But then I guess you can put me basically anywhere in Italy and I will be happy

Quote:
Best thing to do in Italy if you have nerves of steel since Italians are a bit... behind the wheel
My friend was driving and she says it's not that bad Actually I think it's still better than driving in Poland

Quote:
What's not to love?

Our next destination is Bergamo - I was twice in Milan but in Bergamo I saw only the airport
Old 11-30-2016, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The snow season is officially started
Ooooh so pretty but then it gets old, right?
Here we have freezing cold but no snow (I'm sure we will later though if things keep going that way)

Quote:
I it. We have seen some small cities I want to go back for sure Polignano a mare for example And Bari itself is great We've been also in Arbelobello - magic
Haven't been to Polignano but Bari and Arbelobello were amazing. I'd love to go back. Italy is not a huge country but there is so much beauty and culture and History, and diversity of landscapes, it's hard to pick just one region.

Quote:
But then I guess you can put me basically anywhere in Italy and I will be happy
you and me both and the food!
I wouldn't say it out loud in front of witnesses because I might be arrested for treason but Italian food is better than French food

Quote:
My friend was driving and she says it's not that bad Actually I think it's still better than driving in Poland
your friend is a gamer, I like that

Quote:
Our next destination is Bergamo - I was twice in Milan but in Bergamo I saw only the airport
ooooh the last time I was there, I was 13 and camping with my grandparents. Man, that makes me miss my grandma and grandpa. We took such great walks in that region

Old 12-01-2016, 04:39 AM
Extreme Fan

Looks like my 11 y.o cat will die soon
We thought she is pregnant but turns out she has dicease which makes her "fatter" and there is a water inside her stomach. Tomorrow is the last test and we'll know if you can operate her or not. Not ready to let her go 11 years is a lot, but still...
Old 12-01-2016, 07:52 PM
Elite Fan

awww sorry to read that. I never had a pet but I was very close with my uncle as a kid and he had a dog who was born the same month I was and that I called cousin
It was a heartbreak when he left us He lived a very long life, even for a dog but even after 21 years, I wasn't ready to let go either.

I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Old 12-02-2016, 06:17 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERussia (View Post)
Looks like my 11 y.o cat will die soon
We thought she is pregnant but turns out she has dicease which makes her "fatter" and there is a water inside her stomach. Tomorrow is the last test and we'll know if you can operate her or not. Not ready to let her go 11 years is a lot, but still...
Auch! Awww Sucks so bad! I know how it feels, thinking of you!

Our move is getting closer and closer. This Tuesday. Really busy packing atm, and still some things to figure out. Honestly I'm so relieved the wait is almost over. Will post more again when the move happened, sorry for being away more often ^^

Carla, glad to see you had an amazing birthday in Portugal Hope all is well!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 12-03-2016, 07:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Our move is getting closer and closer. This Tuesday. Really busy packing atm, and still some things to figure out. Honestly I'm so relieved the wait is almost over. Will post more again when the move happened, sorry for being away more often ^^
Don't worry about us, we'll still be here in January
When I saw you weren't around as much, I thought you were packing and ready to move. Very exciting time! Don't underestimate the stress those moves bring though and get some downtime, ok?

Quote:
Carla, glad to see you had an amazing birthday in Portugal Hope all is well!
Heh it was awesome and I'm going back next week for our kindanniversary (there's some disagreement on what date should be celebrated so we do them all )

Old 12-05-2016, 04:24 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Don't worry about us, we'll still be here in January
When I saw you weren't around as much, I thought you were packing and ready to move. Very exciting time! Don't underestimate the stress those moves bring though and get some downtime, ok?

Heh it was awesome and I'm going back next week for our kindanniversary (there's some disagreement on what date should be celebrated so we do them all )
I'll take my time, pinky swear! So far all is going well. Can't wait for it to be tomorrow evening, with the move behind us.

Next week! Cool! Hope you two have a great time once again
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.