Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-28-2017, 02:57 PM
Elite Fan

Hey Ingmar

Quote:
God, those dishes sound awesome compared to you we're savage animals, lol.
well I don't cook like that every day. Mostly on the weekends. When I get home from cooking all day, I feel like soup

Quote:
Potatoes, vegetables and some meat.
Hey, nothing wrong with meat and vegs

Quote:
I'm really into Italian food, but Jos is not. The only dish he likes would be ''Macaroni - as in Mac and cheese, without the cheese''.
yeah Italians would be sad

Quote:
Twice a month I'm ordering some lasagna though, since it's my favorite Italian dish out there.
I loooove lasagna. I don't make it very often because cooking it for two is just as much work and I don't have a freezer

Quote:
We both love Chinese food, but never make it ourselves, we just order. We're lazy people
it's just as well, trust me. Chinese food, much like most Asian cuisines, is very produce oriented and you need the right ingredients. And even when they're not too hard to find (here, they are), they take up a lot more room than I have

Quote:
Not really into Asian dishes, except for Rice and some dishes that go with it, but don't know how to spell it in English.
most of the time they don't either (Engrish

Quote:
Cats are doing better by the day. We are getting used to their schedule and they get used to ours
yeah cats are the bosses, get used to it.

Quote:
Well, and now I'm soooo hungry
Hey Kate You should get your ass over here and I'd cook for you

Quote:
Ricotta <3
I knoooow, right? so fluffy!

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 01-28-2017, 11:55 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
You should get your ass over here and I'd cook for you
I will, I promise

Quote:
I knoooow, right? so fluffy!

Need to buy some
Old 01-29-2017, 10:53 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I will, I promise
Maybe I'll make it to Poland first and we can all have dinner at the brand new Casa de Aga when she's done renovating.

Quote:
Need to buy some
What are you doing with it? Not that it needs more than a spoon

Old 01-29-2017, 10:57 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Maybe I'll make it to Poland first and we can all have dinner at the brand new Casa de Aga when she's done renovating.
Oh that sounds awesome I'm in

Quote:
What are you doing with it? Not that it needs more than a spoon
My mom does some desserts with it but basically yeah,I use the spoon most of the time So it does not last long in the fridge
Old 01-29-2017, 11:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
My mom does some desserts with it but basically
mmm now I'm drooling

Quote:
but basically yeah,I use the spoon most of the time So it does not last long in the fridge
yeah when I need it for cooking, I usually get two because one of those will be gone before I need it

Old 01-29-2017, 09:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
yeah when I need it for cooking, I usually get two because one of those will be gone before I need it
Yes that's the problem

How was your weekend?
Old 01-30-2017, 05:30 AM
Supreme Fan

This weekend Jos' brother came by for a visit with his three kids. They wanted to see the cats. Before arrival we made them promise a few things (no picking them up, etc), but as it turns out they were true kids. Didn't listen, so they left earlier than planned. Cats were pretty scared, because they would gang up on the cats while making hard sounds. We saw they were scared, so told Jos's brother that they really had to calm down. He decided to leave earlier than planned, since it was clear they couldn't behave theirselves. It went a bit better towards the end, but it was only for a short while. At least the cats slept through the rest of the day, so we had a quiet day
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 01-30-2017, 07:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yes that's the problem
That's not a problem, that's a bonus

Weekend was good. I didn't do a single thing off my to-do list so I guess that's why it was good. How about you Kate?

Today I came home to find my fridge had been opened all day so I had to throw everything. Ugh. That'll teach me to have a full fridge because I'm too lazy to shop

Quote:
This weekend Jos' brother came by for a visit with his three kids. They wanted to see the cats. Before arrival we made them promise a few things (no picking them up, etc), but as it turns out they were true kids. Didn't listen, so they left earlier than planned.
yep. Sounds like kids and kitties. How old are they?

Quote:
At least the cats slept through the rest of the day, so we had a quiet day
all this emotion made them sleepy, poor things.

Old 01-31-2017, 12:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Right, my bad

Quote:
Weekend was good. I didn't do a single thing off my to-do list so I guess that's why it was good. How about you Kate?

True,those are the best days

I was home the whole weekend but obviously it didn't stop me to spend too much money online (but part of it was spend on books so I'm telling myself is not that bad )

Also,I'm currently on the pay leave and now that I got some rest I'm bored I need to find some new things to do

Quote:
Today I came home to find my fridge had been opened all day so I had to throw everything. Ugh. That'll teach me to have a full fridge because I'm too lazy to shop
Oh no
Old 01-31-2017, 12:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
True,those are the best days
Lazy weekends are the best. And then you have to deal with the guilt for the rest of the week

Quote:
I was home the whole weekend but obviously it didn't stop me to spend too much money online
Ack! Damn internet

Quote:
(but part of it was spend on books so I'm telling myself is not that bad )
So not all on jewelry and accessories? Wow
By the way, how were those books you were starting the last time we talked books?

Quote:
Also,I'm currently on the pay leave and now that I got some rest I'm bored I need to find some new things to do
well, when I was bored and complained as a kid, my grandfather handed me a language book and said "you're bored? here, learn something"
You can never be bored when you learn and bonus, it keeps you young (not that you need it but you will later )

And seriously, I don't mean learn something boring but find something you never had time for like... ice skating? () or making bread, or origami or the harmonica
Is there anything you always wanted to learn but never really got into?

Quote:
Oh no
I know! and I had some great things in there. My ricotta , some beautiful duck, farm goat cheese, ox cheeks! Argh! I'm getting a lock for that thing!

Old 01-31-2017, 12:53 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Lazy weekends are the best. And then you have to deal with the guilt for the rest of the week

Quote:
Ack! Damn internet
I know!

Quote:
So not all on jewelry and accessories? Wow
Oddly enough, non Not sure how it happened though This time books and cosmetics

Quote:
By the way, how were those books you were starting the last time we talked books?

Hmm I guess talked about Svetlana Alexievich and a polish author and I can't remember now anything else But those I read I enjoyed very much. Recently I read a beautiful book In the absence of men (not in original French version though),really touching. And I'm reading some Polish authors Oh and a little great crime novel by a Bohemian author

Quote:
well, when I was bored and complained as a kid, my grandfather handed me a language book and said "you're bored? here, learn something"
You can never be bored when you learn and bonus, it keeps you young (not that you need it but you will later )
That's a good point
Quote:
And seriously, I don't mean learn something boring but find something you never had time for like... ice skating? () or making bread, or origami or the harmonica
Is there anything you always wanted to learn but never really got into?
I knoooow I just don't have any specific idea on what I could do,need to think about it more I have almost one month left

Quote:
I know! and I had some great things in there. My ricotta , some beautiful duck, farm goat cheese, ox cheeks! Argh! I'm getting a lock for that thing!
Oh not that's too bad You should!
Old 01-31-2017, 01:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Oddly enough, non Not sure how it happened though This time books and cosmetics
Just to confuse the NSA

Quote:
Hmm I guess talked about Svetlana Alexievich and a polish author and I can't remember now anything else
You were just starting Les Bienveillantes

Quote:
Recently I read a beautiful book In the absence of men (not in original French version though),really touching.
I like Besson but I have never read that one. I should read in French again a bit, I'm starting to lose my French for good

Quote:
Oh and a little great crime novel by a Bohemian author
That's intriguing

Quote:
I knoooow I just don't have any specific idea on what I could do,need to think about it more I have almost one month left
Life of Reilly! then you really need to learn something. Hey, it can be fun. Buy a book about cocktails and get some bartending going

I have to get ready for work now enjoy your day of leisure

Last edited by Gelfling; 01-31-2017 at 01:37 AM
Old 01-31-2017, 01:53 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Just to confuse the NSA
You got me

Quote:
You were just starting Les Bienveillantes
Ahhh that's right. I couldn't get over this book for quite some time,it's terrifying. I think it's great, I would recommend for sure

Quote:
I like Besson but I have never read that one. I should read in French again a bit, I'm starting to lose my French for good
That's the only one I read so far And what else would you recommend?

Quote:
That's intriguing
It is I mean it's not the best crime novel ever but it has a great vibe and well,takes place in Prague so I can't find the English title,I'm not sure if it was printed in English

Quote:
then you really need to learn something. Hey, it can be fun. Buy a book about cocktails and get some bartending going
Ok I will think about it

Quote:
I have to get ready for work now enjoy your day of leisure
Have a nice day! And thank you!
Old 02-01-2017, 03:16 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:

yep. Sounds like kids and kitties. How old are they?

all this emotion made them sleepy, poor things.
The kids are respectively 6, 5 and 3 if I remember correctly So yeah, pretty young.

Bummer about your fridge :/ Such a shame.

I don't know if you know ''DHL'' (a package service)...I have had nothing but trouble with them. A while ago I ordered some pet supplies. I think I told you about this...3 of the 4 packages arrived fine, but for some reason they had issues delivering the fourth one...saying that our adress was ''closed for business'', followed by us not being home, etc. We ended up buying the product elsewhere, only to have the item delivered after all, so we sent it back.
After that experience I only had two experiences with DHL and they were okay. This week I bought some clothes...and of course DHL delivers it the issue? They should have delivered it yesterday, but the tracking says I wasn't home Again. I was home, even camping at the front door, lol. Just called and they promised me they would deliver it today...I am super curious.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The kids are respectively 6, 5 and 3 if I remember correctly So yeah, pretty young.
Aww they're awesome at that age. But um yeah not in groups of 3

Quote:
I don't know if you know ''DHL'' (a package service)...I have had nothing but trouble with them.
me too! Now every time I see a site that uses them, I go do my shopping somewhere else! The only ones I've had a worse experience with was Fedex but DHL, damn!
The first online purchase I made, they lost my damn package and couldn't track it. They had me run all over town trying to get it.

DHL: Screwing with your online purchases since 1994

Quote:
his week I bought some clothes...and of course DHL delivers it the issue? They should have delivered it yesterday, but the tracking says I wasn't home Again. I was home, even camping at the front door, lol.
yeah that's code for: delivery guy had a lunch appointment and just didn't feel like getting out of the car

Quote:
Ahhh that's right. I couldn't get over this book for quite some time,it's terrifying. I think it's great, I would recommend for sure
Sounds like my kind of books Haunting and depressing. Bonus points if it's over 800 pages

Quote:
That's the only one I read so far And what else would you recommend?
I have only read his first novels. He's been very prolific in the past five years and I haven't had the time to catch up but my favorite of the ones I read was "Un Garçon d'Italie". I'm sure it's been translated because it won him a lot of prizes. It's a complicated love story between three people, a man who was just found dead, his wife, and his lover. His death pretty much shatters the "cover" he had made of his life and you get the perspective of the woman and the man who loved him, as well as his, from the grave.
Bonus point: it takes place in Italy

"Se résoudre aux Adieux" is also pretty good. It's an epistolary, with letters written by a woman to her ex-lover who went back to his wife. She writes to him about their life together and her life now that she's lost him. It could be depressing but it's more a journal of her travels, figurative and literal, to get over that part of her life, take the best of it, and move on.

Quote:
It is I mean it's not the best crime novel ever but it has a great vibe and well,takes place in Prague so I can't find the English title,I'm not sure if it was printed in English
I guess I should know Polish

How's the vacation going? Not too bored?