Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
I forgot to mention two! Parmesan, and cream cheese. We use cream cheese in a TON of things.

If you like cream cheese, Taryn, then you will probably like this appetizer that I make with cream cheese and bacon.

1. Remove crust from slices of white bread,
2. Spread bread with cream cheese.
3. Slice bread into thirds.
4. Role 1/2 strip of bacon around bread and secure with toothpick. (Some people pre-cook bacon a little....but I don't.)
5. Preheat oven to 350....Place rolls on a cookie sheet treated with Pam.
6. Heat in oven for about 20-30 minutes until golden brown...turning once.

These are really yummy.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Cheese:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
There are different versions from different countries. I want to tell you guys that FRENCH FETA is the best. It is tastier than the GREEK version. (I'll bet Alex and Michelle would agree. )
Yes.

France = Cheese.

France has the best tasting (in my opinion and I guess it's a very universal opinion too) cheeses you could have dream of, with the most cheeses available on the planet.

Quote:
This is a list of cheeses from France. Traditionally, there were from 350 to 400, but there are now over 1,000.[1]
Wikipedia has France clocked at over 1000 different kinds of cheese. ONE THOUSAND. Yes, insane. LOL.

List of French cheeses - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's a site that talks a little about the different kinds:

Cheeses of France | Pairings, Regions, Types of Gourmet & Specialty French Cheese

Cheesemaking Regions | Varieties of Brie, Goat’s, Camembert, Roquefort and More | Cheeses of France

I have never tasted better cheese in my entire life... scrumptous and any kind you could ever dream of, made with all natural ingredients that just melt in your mouth. YUM.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:30 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
If you like cream cheese, Taryn, then you will probably like this appetizer that I make with cream cheese and bacon.
Dude, that sounds fabulous. I will totally be giving that a try.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:37 PM
Master Fan

Hee, Taryn! If I knew that was going to come when I asked the question...

Great list. I also like mozzarella by itself. I can't do that with all cheeses, even most, but that one is mild and tasty enough to do it.

What do people think of those cheese slices you can get for sandwiches and such? My dad loves them, but I always think they just don't taste....right. They taste artificial. Maybe they are, what do I know? Taryn's the cheese aficionado , not me!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 04-14-2010, 09:03 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
What do people think of those cheese slices you can get for sandwiches and such? My dad loves them, but I always think they just don't taste....right. They taste artificial. Maybe they are, what do I know? Taryn's the cheese aficionado , not me!
Hardly an aficionado, dear. I just looooove cheese. Remember the commercial from years back where the little girl left Santa cheese instead of cookies? Hee! Love it.

Most of the individual American cheese slices ARE fake cheese, especially the individually wrapped ones. If it's labeled "processed cheese food" or something like that, it's not "real" cheese. But there is such a thing as real American cheese, it's a colby blend actually and carries the "Real Cheese" stamp, and that's what we use.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with Taryn, 'Tos. Those individually sliced cheeses are processed and not real. I don't care for the taste. If I buy sliced cheese...I go to the deli counter and ask for sliced Meunster or sliced Pepper Jack.

When listing my favorite cheeses ^^...I forgot to mention Jarlsberg. It is a type of Swiss cheese and I eat that when I'm watching calories because it is a light cheese.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:01 PM
Addicted Fan

Meunster....mmmm. Haven't had that in years!
Old 04-14-2010, 07:37 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I'm not sure how my dad can stand, and enjoy, the taste of the processed cheese. Not good, I agree! Heh.

So, my parents are going away for 3 weeks on Friday. My brother and I are going to have to figure out how to cook some meals.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 04-18-2010, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

So, my parents are going away for 3 weeks on Friday. My brother and I are going to have to figure out how to cook some meals.
Where are your parents going, 'Tos? (you mentioned something about a cruise?)

What are you and your brother planning to cook? Do you need any advice from the women on the board?
Old 04-18-2010, 06:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Where are your parents going, 'Tos? (you mentioned something about a cruise?)

What are you and your brother planning to cook? Do you need any advice from the women on the board?
They're going (well, on now) a cruise to the Panama Canal. I am so jealous, heh.

My brother has been doing most of the dinner cooking, I've been doing the breakfasts. We're surviving, somehow.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

My brother has been doing most of the dinner cooking, I've been doing the breakfasts. We're surviving, somehow.
Yeah....you told me that you had a Bagel! That's some breakfast you made.
I hope you didn't strain yourself spreading the cream cheese.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah....you told me that you had a Bagel! That's some breakfast you made.
I hope you didn't strain yourself spreading the cream cheese.
It was a damn good bagel too!

I made fried egg sandwiches today! That at least involved more than a toaster. Not much more though, heh. Yeah, I'm definitely not the cook in the family.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No, fried eggs on a bagel is good. I take back the tease.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
No, fried eggs on a bagel is good. I take back the tease.
Go me! Hee. They were good.

How do you all like your eggs?

*braces for a post from Taryn listing every egg variation possible* Nah, cheese excitement is very understandable, heh.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:45 PM
Master Fan

I never do anything more exotic than hard-boiled or scrambled. I prefer hard-boiled, to use as a salad topping or to make egg salad. (I sometimes buy one particular egg salad from the freshly-prepared foods section at our upscale grocery -- it contains peas and dill, and is awesome, especially with a honey-wheat pita.)

And don't knock minimal breakfast prep! I eat yogurt, heh. Talk about no-fuss (although, you know, there's the whole part where I stir in some dried fruit, too, so...yeah! That's work! ).
Closed Thread   Post New Thread