Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2005, 05:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I really don't want Andy performing the surgery. He is first and foremost, a brain surgeon.. Sure he understand the neurological pathways/spinal cord encroachment stuff like the back of his hand, but what I think Andy was trying to tell us is that anything outside of the brain is not his specialty. The surgeon (even if he was a prick) that Andy referred Rose to could probably perform Rose's surgery in his sleep (of course, figure of speech, here) and Andy definitely knows this. I think it would also be way too patterned to have Andy doing surgery at the end of all three seasons of this show.. Way too convenient. In addition, for a couple years now, Andy has mainly been a family doctor, give or take a couple huge, invasive surgeries that he has had to perform. Bottom line.. I don't think Andy is the best man to perform Rose's surgery and I pray that the writer's see it that way.

I do think that the Rose paralysis, temporary or permanent, could definitely be the cliffhanger. And I do think it's a done deal that Amy isn't going anywhere as far as college is concerned, at least for the short term, until Rose is not so acute with her illness. My guess is Amy will "defer" acceptance to Princeton for a year, but somehow end up at Colorado A&M, during the second part of the year, and Princeton will only be a faded memory. Or, she will take a class or two, right away at ECC, and then eventually transfer to Colrado A&M, conveniently, during the same time of whenever Ephram comes home from Europe and decides to apply to Colorado A&M for admission during the second half of the year.

Last edited by jediwands; 05-20-2005 at 05:33 AM
Old 05-20-2005, 06:11 AM
Master Fan

I really hope the writers see and are aware themselves of the fine points you bring up, Wilpen I have a feeling that he wont do the surgery after all, and will simply be there for Rose. Because, as you said, it'd be a little too much to have Andy do three big surgeries at the end of the seasons
Old 05-20-2005, 06:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

Ah, Froukje,

See, that's where I went wrong too... I had it in my head that Harold had compared Andy to "any other doctor". When I followed the link to the teaser I saw that wasn't the case. In the teaser, voice-over guy is talking about the surgery and they intercut some operating room scenes. Then it's Harold and Andy, possibly outside the hospital, even. Can't tell but it looks like it could be a hospital in the background. Not Mama Joy's anyway {hee}. I believe the two men *both* use the pronoun "her"... but the exchange was more like Andy wanted the best for "her" and Harold saying Andy just can't accept not being the best...

So they're definitely talking about a woman but there was actually no hint of any medical talk in the snippet... the only medical talk came from voice-over guy. It could be Rose they were talking about... but it could also be Nina or even revisiting Anne Heche's character... whatever her name was. How quickly we forget {grin}. Heck, it could even be Delia or some woman we'll get introduced to next episode. {shrug}.

Aquillea
Old 05-21-2005, 08:00 AM
Master Fan

I loved the episode, and agree with most of your thoughts. To me, it felt like a season finale, especially the ending scene. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find the exact wording to the ending narration. It was beautifully said, and also something I can completely relate to. If you know, please PM me.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

See pg 2 of this thread
Post #28
Old 09-26-2010, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl (View Post)
and Bright (Chris Pratt) confesses to Ephram that he has developed feelings for Hannah (Sarah Drew).
what I've been waiting for! I can't wait to share my review with you all
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-26-2010, 08:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternativechick (View Post)
what I've been waiting for! I can't wait to share my review with you all
Oy, no reading spoilers before watching the episode! *wags finger*
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 09-26-2010, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just read the episode description.

trust me, passed season 3, i'm no spoiler bound. there's nothing on youtube for season 4 minus Bright/Hannah videos and E/A videos, which never help me at all.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-27-2010, 07:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I just read the episode description.

trust me, passed season 3, i'm no spoiler bound. there's nothing on youtube for season 4 minus Bright/Hannah videos and E/A videos, which never help me at all.
Oh! Are you ready for S4 now? Tell me these things, I'm slow.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 09-27-2010, 11:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am. just one disc to go which will be here this week!
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-29-2010, 08:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I am. just one disc to go which will be here this week!
Nice! It's too bad that S4 isn't out yet for fans like you who are waiting for it now. Maybe you should have taken it slower. But we're glad that you didn't!
Old 09-29-2010, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

how slow? seaosn 4 is like non-existent as of late. i don't know how long I can hold out before watching SEason 4
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 10-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

my review. I'm actually not really liking to do these reviews, I mean they were great episodes, but it means Season 3 is over (for me) and it's not sure when Season 4 will get to me. But alas, I had a fun journey.

Delia: I love that she's fighting to go to sleep-away camp in the same STATE, but Ephram is going to another continent and it's fine. Yeah, he's older, but LONDON? When exactly going to London and never telling anybody okay? There's such a double standard for those two kids and I'm sticking up for Delia. And her camp is much more fun to say than London!

Delia/Ephram: I love that talk. I had wondered if Delia ever knew about Madison's pregnancy. Even if she did, I don't thinks he'd understand. She doesn't know much about pregnancy and why Ephram and her didn't get married or he had sex before he was married. I'm sure Nina/Andy covered that in her sex chat in "The Birds and the Batteries". I'm glad it wasn't one of those "when you're ready things". Becuase it always seems to be when the kid is ready, well when is that. I'm glad it was when Ephram was ready. Ephram, I don't think is ready to tell anyone about Madison. There's so many unresolved feelings with that. He's still mad at Andy, probably mad at Madison too and mad at himself for letting it happen. But I'm sure Ephram will evolve and let Delia in on the biggest fight of his and Andy's relationship.

Nina/Jake: Is it completely crazy for Jake to up and buy Mama Joys? I think so. I doubt it's because Nina would be out of a job and broke by July 4th. I think it was something for Jake to prove he wants to be in Nina's life. I can't imagine Jake wanting to actually own a restaurant. And then after seeing everything that is so dated in Mama Joys. I just don't like that they have this employer/employee relationship now. It's scary to think that Nina feels she has to second guess herself around Jake. She was running Mama Joy's practically before Jake ever knew what surgery was. It's crazy. And then he undercut every decision because he didn't approve of it? Well, who gave him a restaurant to run by himself...I don't think anybody did. So how does he think he's qualified to run one. He seems to think so. That's what I don't like about Jake. He comes in and takes things over. I can't stand it! This is another knotch on the belt of the "i hate jake" reasons! And he sold his house in LA! Yeah, bold move! Sure! I'm sure he didn't sell the house in LA to set up permanent roots in Everwood. I think he sold the house in LA because he couldn't afford it. If Jake had the money to keep the house, I think he would. I can't see Jake as an Everwoodian! In the winters chopping wood or going to the local market and knowing everyone and talking the local towns people about what Festival is coming up. It's crazy. And you know what's worse...Nina buys into all of that! Really? I mean really? Does she want a guy in her life that bad who undercuts her at a place she's capable of running on her own. And a guy who's just as broke as she is? And buying buildings like he has the money to do it. And what is going to happen with the deny of the loan? He certainly has no money to keep up Mama Joys. And Mama Joys runs fine just the way it is. The forumla works, always someone in there. And the people of Everwood aren't ones who are fond of change. I'm betting that if it does change, the town will find other places to get their coffee

Ephram: I like the way that Ephram acted to the news of Rose's cancer. A lesser guy would have spent some time with Amy and then left. But he offered the cancel the entire thing to make sure Amy was okay. He's been there, the lost kid who's mother dies and he has nowhere to turn. He wants to be that guy for her, the one she can count on. Not the one who's in a different country and on a completely different time zone (oooh, idea for season 5)...Anyway. He's the guy that we knew was there in Season 1. He hasn't changed a bit. I'm kind of sad that he got on the plane. But Julia's letter, never expected that one coming. But I guess with Andy being a surgeon and Julia seeing that patients can die with no indications prepared her for a lot of things. Hearing Julia's voice, so nice and soothing. Seeing Ephram read and take in his mother's words straight from her heart was great. And I hope that gets him to come back really soon. Becuase even though Ephram has outgrown Everwood in soem ways, it's still home. He's still got life there. He's got the love of his life Amy, his best friend Bright. His sister Delia. His realationship with his father (how disasterous it may be at times lol). He's got everything there. I think Ephram wanted to get away from something, but I don't think he can run from what he's trying to get away from. I got that from his few words with Delia. He wanted Delia to take care of Andy. Ephram still cares. He still knows that Andy needs help and he can't live life alone. I think Ephram's running from all the mistakes he's made. Everyone's made mistakes, but they're not running. And Ephram will continue to make mistakes, that's how he'll grow. But right now, he doesn't see it that way. Ephram sees London as a start over. But starting over from what?

Bright:I loved Bright in this episode. Everything is coming down to his emotions. When he personally thanked the doctor after everyone left, very nice. He's not this guy who puts on a brave face and pretends to not care. He cares, and he feels more than he wants to. He's crying with just picking up Rose's medication. I like that he's crying because he's feeling something and his heart is so much more open than it used to be. I just hate that Bright thinks he has to go through this alone. He sees everyone else not crying and he pretends not to. But they are, but not in front of each other. But a silver lining. He admitted his feelings about Hannah to Ephram. I love that. Although Amy finding them out first was rather humoreous. It was nice to have some humor in the much filled dramatic episodes that we've endured in the last few episodes of Season 3.

Hannah/Topher: Can that guy get any more nerdy? He snorts when he's nervous. He dropped a pie on the ground, I guess anyone could do that, but of course, Topher does not disappoint. There's not much to say about these two, not so many moments. I just...ugh, I can't stand Topher! He makes me think of TOFU and that stuff is disgusting!

Andy/Rose/Harold: That doctor Dr. Validor! He was the carbon copy of Andy we saw in the pilot. Fast talking, not caring about the patients wants/concerns. Over confident. That's what Andy was and was turning into. It was just a matter of time. I was scared for Rose. She was undergoing cancer surgery and she had a guy who cared more about getting out on time for his own life than trying to save hers. I'm so glad Andy was there with her, to explain things. Especially what they were going to put in her. I'm so glad Rose said something about Andy operating on her. She's a brave woman whether she feels it or not!

Amy: I was wondering why Amy never told Ephram about her mom. It's a big thing and Ephram would be there for her and then I realized something. Ephram's always been that guy for her, reason why we love him so But I think Amy wanted Ephram to go and live his life for him and not for her or Bright or his family. She wanted Ephram to get the best out of life. And more people knowing about her mom's cancer wasn't exactly thrilling to her either. I'm just glad she has Hannah as her support system
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 11-23-2017, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Jake buying the restaurant for Nina was already sweet and definitely proved that he loves her. As of now, they are pretty great together. But I felt like there was just a bit too much of them for me in the episode.

I hate Rose’s storyline because it just makes me really sad. I hate storylines like this. It was really sad when Amy was all dressed up and Harold said that he and her could go together.

Ephram cant just break up with Amy and then expect that she will be there whenever he needs. Yes, she’s going through something hard and I love that he wanted to be there for her but at the same time, I think she needs some space after a break up.

It does seem there is a bit of a thaw between Ephram and Andy, which I appreciated. Give Ephram his space and let him return home. I also enjoyed the Ephram and Delia scene. We haven't gotten enough of those over the years. It was really sweet when Ephram told Delia not to hate Andy and that he was a good dad.

THEN THEY HAD TO THROW IN THE GIFT FROM JULIA. And her voiceover playing over Andy at the graduation alone. WHYYY.

This episode definitely felt like a finale to me.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Jake buying the restaurant for Nina was already sweet and definitely proved that he loves her. As of now, they are pretty great together. But I felt like there was just a bit too much of them for me in the episode.

I hate Rose’s storyline because it just makes me really sad. I hate storylines like this. It was really sad when Amy was all dressed up and Harold said that he and her could go together.

Ephram cant just break up with Amy and then expect that she will be there whenever he needs. Yes, she’s going through something hard and I love that he wanted to be there for her but at the same time, I think she needs some space after a break up.

It does seem there is a bit of a thaw between Ephram and Andy, which I appreciated. Give Ephram his space and let him return home. I also enjoyed the Ephram and Delia scene. We haven't gotten enough of those over the years. It was really sweet when Ephram told Delia not to hate Andy and that he was a good dad.

THEN THEY HAD TO THROW IN THE GIFT FROM JULIA. And her voiceover playing over Andy at the graduation alone. WHYYY.

This episode definitely felt like a finale to me.
Jake is definitely a good guy overall. I never hated Jake. I just kept thinking about Andy/Nina and that meant to be tag that was established as far back as season 1. As a result, even if some moments between Nina/Jake are sweet, the bigger part of me is waiting (sometimes impatiently lol) for Andy/Nina to FINALLY be on the same page and give it a try romantically.

Rose storyline is so sad.

Completely and totally agree with you on Ephram and Ephram/Amy. Ephram absolutely could not break up and act all cold and weird and then expect everything to just go into friends mode again like nothing between them has happened over these few years. That's not how it works, Ephram. Obviously he's not an adult who fully can understand all of these things. If he would have been truly thinking, he wouldn't have gotten together with Madison, let alone impregnated her in the first place. But he still should understand his situation with Amy. He knows her, he knows their dynamic. He would have to understand that this is coming across as mind games over anything else. He's better off leaving her alone.

I felt for Delia big time throughout this entire storyline. She didn't deserve seeing Ephram/Madison and their gross relationship in the first place. Then the confusing part after they broke up, and now this horrible situation between her father and brother with Ephram bailing on her and leaving for Europe. Honestly, Delia suffered the most and was the biggest victim of all. It's really sad. She is still so young, her mother died and now her brother is leaving. Even if he said the right things to her, she still has to be heartbroken seeing him leaving and not knowing whether he's coming back or not. So sad and I feel Delia shouldn't have had to go through any of this.

The Gift from Julia...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread