Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2018, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by taubman (View Post)
Djers

Something came up on my Instagram that made me feel happy again and to come back here. Confirmation Katie and James still close and have great memories!

Both follow each other on Instagram but sure still more than that.

See https://www.instagram.com/p/BfhKqHPhW23

This photo melts my heart!

As the biggest J/K fan always wanted more from them after the show. Also on the other side of things Congrats to James on his 5th baby one on its way.
It's good to see you post. I think you are the oldest DJer I know on FF.

Thanks for posting that.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 03-02-2018, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Djers

Something came up on my Instagram that made me feel happy again and to come back here. Confirmation Katie and James still close and have great memories!

Both follow each other on Instagram but sure still more than that.

See https://www.instagram.com/p/BfhKqHPhW23

This photo melts my heart!

As the biggest J/K fan always wanted more from them after the show. Also on the other side of things Congrats to James on his 5th baby one on its way.

Very nostalgic feelings stirred with that photo

Nothing can top Season 1. Season 2 is very close, though.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-03-2018, 09:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wasn't a fan of Natasha either and she is right up there on my list of unpleasant characters along with Eddie. Funny how they are each annoying to me and they were the significant others for Dawson and Joey

I never watched DC when it originally aired, but since there are some fans here that did, I'm curious about something. When the promos or previews for the show were originally on TV did they tease the fans with clips or pics of that DJo wedding scene? And if they did what was the reaction when fans found out it was just a dream? I wonder about that every time I see that scene.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 03-03-2018, 11:25 PM
Loyal Fan

4.20 Promicide

via: & you're loѕιng your мeмory

♥ tess/oliver | sydney/vaughn | faith/angel | dawson/joey | lex/lana | rogue/wolverine | harry/hermione | lois/clark | spike/buffy ♥

Old 03-04-2018, 04:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ PROMICIDE was when I was convinced that D/Jo would be endgame. I suppose they were, if you count Season 4 and 5 finales as alternate series finales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
When the promos or previews for the show were originally on TV did they tease the fans with clips or pics of that DJo wedding scene? And if they did what was the reaction when fans found out it was just a dream? I wonder about that every time I see that scene.

YES THEY DID I remember thinking how unfair that was. It was a deliberate misdirect. A very unfair D/Jo tease.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-05-2018, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

of course they were supposed to be endgame, no doubt about that

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
YES THEY DID I remember thinking how unfair that was. It was a deliberate misdirect. A very unfair D/Jo tease.
omg this is such a cruel thing to do

Thanks for the gifset Paradise
Old 03-05-2018, 11:30 AM
Loyal Fan

cyndie57, agree. They were absolutely supposed to be end game. I remember Katie Holmes on Graham Norton and he asks, "Surely Joey will end up with Dawson," and Katie says, "I would imagine..." remember that? Almost like she was saying, "Unless they go completely off course and do something stupid." LOL. Which they did! Argh.

And you're welcome for the gifs!

♥ tess/oliver | sydney/vaughn | faith/angel | dawson/joey | lex/lana | rogue/wolverine | harry/hermione | lois/clark | spike/buffy ♥

Old 03-06-2018, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The WB had the best promos for DC though throughout the show.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 03-10-2018, 06:26 AM
Obsessed Fan

Jamie Bee! Thanks. Yeah James/Katie and the show changed my life back in 98! Always trying to get on here. Not as much these days due to 2 kids and etc..busy life.

Jamie you are another Djer in the early days like me I know you are a big Buffy Fan as well!

Miss some of the old time Djers. Bea especially and Nora!
Old 03-11-2018, 04:32 PM
Elite Fan

Nice to see that this thread is still so active after so many years. I agree that DJo felt like endgame from the very start so it's disappointing that the writers went back on it. Watching early s3, as painful as it can be, just affirms that fact to me. There's still this sense that they will find their way back together after some time. The feelings, friendship, and love are still there but it just needs time. Watched Homecoming earlier and that dock scene was special and kind of sad to think about how Joey rowed by his house all summer full of so many regrets. I did like that they both acknowledged that they have a very unique and complicated relationship that can't easily be defined.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Jamie Bee! Thanks. Yeah James/Katie and the show changed my life back in 98! Always trying to get on here. Not as much these days due to 2 kids and etc..busy life.

Jamie you are another Djer in the early days like me I know you are a big Buffy Fan as well!

Miss some of the old time Djers. Bea especially and Nora!
Buffy had a huge impact on my life more than any show.

I watched DC since pilot & even taped it b/c the promos of DJo.

My brother's first crush was Joey.

It was fun when we all posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
Nice to see that this thread is still so active after so many years. I agree that DJo felt like endgame from the very start so it's disappointing that the writers went back on it. Watching early s3, as painful as it can be, just affirms that fact to me. There's still this sense that they will find their way back together after some time. The feelings, friendship, and love are still there but it just needs time. Watched Homecoming earlier and that dock scene was special and kind of sad to think about how Joey rowed by his house all summer full of so many regrets. I did like that they both acknowledged that they have a very unique and complicated relationship that can't easily be defined.
I love how they talked about every Joey having a Dawson & every Dawson having a Joey.

I loved a version of Time after time playing.

I think the orig. is one of my all time fave songs & can't be beat though.

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 03-12-2018 at 11:45 AM
Old 03-12-2018, 04:28 PM
Elite Fan

^ Time After Time was playing in that scene? I didn't notice it on the DVD.
Old 03-13-2018, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise (View Post)
cyndie57, agree. They were absolutely supposed to be end game. I remember Katie Holmes on Graham Norton and he asks, "Surely Joey will end up with Dawson," and Katie says, "I would imagine..." remember that? Almost like she was saying, "Unless they go completely off course and do something stupid." LOL. Which they did! Argh.

And you're welcome for the gifs!
did she really say that?
Old 03-13-2018, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Dawson did the right thing though?

https://dawsonscreekdaily.tumblr.com...-best-quotes-5
Old 03-14-2018, 05:45 PM
Elite Fan

^ Yeah he did. He was willing to risk his relationship with Joey to do the right thing and I admire that. Even if Joey was ignorant of what her father was doing, it was still hurting her and Bessie. And hurting the community at large. Ignoring what he was doing would've been the wrong thing to do.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread