Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2011, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have to catch up on my DVR before I can talk about the episodes...

TFTNT
Old 09-30-2011, 08:02 AM
Elite Fan

Hmm...I think you should include Clone Wars in this title...some may think you mean the live action TV series (which may never come to be)...

But yes I'm watching this season again...I do have the say the first 2 episodes were under whelming for me...I didn't care for all the "under water action".

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

We occasionally talk about that Live Action series that won't come to be as well as any Star Wars TV series that has aired.

Really? From the previews the animation underwater looked fantastic.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

It seems the live action series has been flushed down the jakes.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

I probably won't catch up till the end of the week. Too many shows, not enough hours in the day.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Buffy season 2?
Old 10-03-2011, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

On the list but I have no idea when I'll get to it.
I've had the same Netflix movie sitting on my desk since August 18th. That tells how much time I actually have for watching things.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Make Buffy your priority.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Honestly all DVDs are on the back burner for now. I just have no time to sit down and watch anything.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're putting your dvds on the oven?
Old 10-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Best way to prepare them for the DVD player Keeps them warm.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

lol
Old 10-09-2011, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Bringing this over:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparker (View Post)
There are two distinct Star Wars Clone Wars cartoon series. The original began in 2003, and ran to 2005 (Star Wars: Clone Wars (TV Series 2003–2005) - IMDb). The currently running one began in 2008, and runs to present (Star Wars: The Clone Wars (TV Series 2008– ) - IMDb)

Both series take place between episodes 2 and 3. In the older series Anakin had no apprentice, and the final episode ended where Star Wars Revenge of the Sith began. So the two series would seem to conflict.

Are both presented as alternate realities, or are we supposed to pretend the series from 2003 - 2005 never happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Lucas considers the recent show canonical and ignores the earlier show. He doesn't consider anything except the films (the 6 main films and Clone Wars film) and the recent Clone Wars show to be canonical. If the live action show had happened that would have been considered canonical by him too. His employees have built up a canon that includes the expanded universe, but Lucas himself ignores that. He's said that the expanded universe and his projects are two separate universe like Star Trek's expanded universe and its main works.

Quote:
Have you an official source to quote on this? Its basically as I suspected, but I've never seen anything straight from George about it (other than his blatant to previously written works).

Quote:
George has made various comments in various interviews over the years.

Quote:
Perhaps, the many I've heard all sound like he's interested in changing things so he can justify a new release.

Quote:
You can find some of his comments (last I looked) in the Wookieepedia article on canon. Most of that article is about the Lucasfilm pro-EU canon, which Lucas ignores, but there are a bunch of quotes from him. In one quote it's worth noting that when he refers to the tv shows he's talking (as he indicates) only about the ones he's particularly involved with and considers his pet projects, which are the recent Clone Wars show and the on-hold live-action show. He's not talking about Ewoks, Droids or the eearlier Clone Wars show, the others star wars shows over the years.

Basically, with the new series airing, we're supposed to pretend the series from 2003 - 2005 never happened. But there are somethings about that series I like so I don't ignore it. I say it's just an alternate reality.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't much like the old series. It was a superficial load of crap with bad animation.