Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2010, 07:20 AM
Elite Fan

Star Wars TV Series #9: ROTS Clones Cometh!

Ever Forward.

Who likes Admiral Trench?

Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT

Which one is Admiral Trench?

Is that a cap from a coming episode?

I liked this past episode. The Inspector was entertaining.
I also liked the we got to see Mon Mothma and Bail Organa!
I am kind of annoyed that I keep seeing the same 2 costumes on Padmé though. Seriously. Make some new models.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:55 AM
Master Fan

That's just silly, she's changes outfits about three times a day in the movies.

Captain Ewevs: "You!? But we killed you!"
Boba Fett: "Yes, you killed me. And that made me very, very angry."
Old 03-26-2010, 06:36 AM
Elite Fan

Trench is in this week's episode. I found him annoying, and didn't think much of the episode, though the submarine wwII aspect was cool.

The shot was from last week, when they found out that Goldie was a traitor.

Boba Fett's back.
30 years after 'Empire,' Boba Fett strikes back in a big way - USATODAY.com
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh god, that article makes me sick. Clint Eastwood vibe my arse hole. Boba Fett isn't worth Clint Eastwood's toenails. Eastwood was brilliant as a bounty killer in the Dollars films and while Jason Wingreen certainly did good with Fett's voice, Fett was never anywhere near that level. Boba has been so talked up over the years. It's incredible, making so much out of so little. People need to get a grip. Boba Fett was never that cool. He was just low down bounty hunter scum, stealing a good deal of his supposed coolness by hunting Han Solo, a character who was genuinely cool. The fixation on Boba Fett is a warping of Star Wars. He was never meant to be a big deal. A little deal maybe -he was hyped in the newstrip and the holiday special. But he was a side character in a fiction that was about rebels and imperials and force users. Fixating on him is failing to get what Star Wars is about. As for "he's about indiviiduality", my ass. Han Solo's about individuality. Boba Fett was just a glorified flunky. And saying he was the source of the darkness in ESB, jeez what a load of crap. The darkness in ESB (which wasn't really all that dark) was from the good guys being on the run and eventually defeated and Vader turning out to be Luke's father. And "oh Boba talked back to Vader -he's so coool!" -gimme a break. Lots of people talked back to Vader. Boba just whined a bit. And as for comparing him to Yoda and Lando, Lando was way cooler than Fett, even if he did betray Han, and Yoda was a more interesting character than Fett (even if he was a pain sometimes even back then).

Boba Fett has been the source of over 30 years of absolute bull, particularly since they resurrected him in that non-canonical crap Dork Empire. The endless bull about him in the eu is one of the things that most marks the eu as invalid, and the crap about him in AOTC does the same for AOTC, though AOTC is pretty invalid even apart from that.

Fett must be one of popular culture's most overrated characters. Characters like Edward Cullen and Eric Northman are doing their best to rival that, but Fett has been a pain for far longer.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:51 AM
Master Fan

See I never thought Clint Eastwood was cool. I always found him to be lame, and his westerns had some of the worst choreographed fight scenes I've ever seen. I remember this one scene where he grabbed this stick and the bad guys literally ran into it. He didn't even swing. It was ridiculous. So if we're running with your opinion of Fett, they do have a similar vibe.

I did like Gran Torino, but that was because the story was good.

I'm excited about the news, but Boba was 10 in AotC. So he's going to be what, 12 in the episode? That's not exactly a "teenager" to me.

The article itself could have been better. Why did the writer feel the need to talk about the creation of Fett? Anybody who cares already knows everything that's in the article. Plus the line "Who is he? That question is what makes him so popular" is just dumb because everybody already knows who he is. As far as the Eastwood thing is concerned, I don't get that guys comparison. He says that what makes them cool is individuality. But what makes Eastwood different from any other cowboy/cowboy-esque persona? And to be fair Fett isn't that different from the other Mandos and bounty hunters. His costume stood out, but that was about it.

Last edited by FreedomsBullets; 03-26-2010 at 12:04 PM
Old 03-26-2010, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomsBullets (View Post)
See I never thought Clint Eastwood was cool. I always found him to be lame, and his westerns had some of the worst choreographed fight scenes I've ever seen. I remember this one scene where he grabbed this stick and the bad guys literally ran into it. He didn't even swing. It was ridiculous. So if we're running with your opinion of Fett, they do have a similar vibe.

I did like Gran Torino, but that was because the story was good.

I'm excited about the news, but Boba was 10 in AotC. So he's going to be what, 12 in the episode? That's not exactly a "teenager" to me.

The article itself could have been better. Why did the writer feel the need to talk about the creation of Fett? Anybody who cares already knows everything that's in the article. Plus the line "Who is he? That question is what makes him so popular" is just dumb because everybody already knows who he is. As far as the Eastwood thing is concerned, I don't get that guys comparison. He says that what makes them cool is individuality. But what makes Eastwood different from any other cowboy/cowboy-esque persona? And to be fair Fett isn't that different from the other Mandos and bounty hunters. His costume stood out, but that was about it.
Eastwood did the hard-bitten enigmatic thing to perfection in a way few other actors could. It's that, not the choreography of fight scenes, that made his stuff cool.

Fett was never much more than an over-hyped costume. The only thing beyond that was Jason Wingreen's voice acting, which Lucas doesn't value and removed from his version of ESB.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:27 PM
Master Fan

I guess I just don't "get" Eastwood, because I've heard other people say that too.

Old 03-27-2010, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Boba needs a haircut.

I don't think I have ever seen a Clint Eastwood film.....
Old 03-27-2010, 08:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Boba needs a haircut.
It really bothers me too. Those 90s boy curls can't be practical.

Quote:
I don't think I have ever seen a Clint Eastwood film.....
If you only see one make it Gran Torino, that was a great film.

Old 03-28-2010, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

It is so 90's.

Was that the one nominated for a lot of awards?
Old 03-28-2010, 02:37 PM
Master Fan

Yes, but it didn't get an Academy nod, even though it was waaay better than Doubt (dragged on, and on, and on...) and Frost/Nixon (just plain disappointing).

That wasn't a good year for the Academy though, because they ignored Revolutionary Road and Frozen River for best picture too. And those were both awesome.

Old 03-28-2010, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really liked Doubt.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Revolutionary Road was crap. Pretentious nonsense, and I've never seen a DiCaprio performance that had any depth. I think his work is actually worse than Hayden's. Doubt? The overrated Hoffman, the overrated Streep and the overrated Amy Adams. Seeing as Adams was in that Ireland-insulting Leap Year piece of crap, I'm all for boycotting her films. And I don't know where anybody gets the idea she's talented. Frost/Nixon was bull. Langella's performance was a ridiculous caricature, pathetic.

Another good Eastwood film is Unforgiven. Really good. Like Gran Torino, it's about old age. It got a bunch of oscars and nominations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryostar (View Post)
Star Wars TV Series #9: ROTS Clones Cometh!
Better watch that lisp, there.

Last edited by sum1; 03-28-2010 at 06:41 PM
Old 03-29-2010, 07:34 AM
Elite Fan

Juli, I don't know if I can talk to you any more.....Eastwood Westerns rock...it's all about the pocket watch.

*smacks Sum*
Closed Thread   Post New Thread