Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2017, 03:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
I don't know if the movie is going to truly redeem him or start his redemption arc but Kylo is just beyond redemption in my eyes, not only because he killed Han Solo but also because he burned down villages, murdered other innocent people, violated the minds of those he captured, including Poe and Rey.
Vader tortured Leia and Han, killed many more people than Kylo and also murdered little kids while he was still Anakin and not full on Vader His redemption arc was stll beautiful. Not to mention him killing Han was a (failed) attempt to steer further from the light side which he continues to struggle with. Don't get me wrong, Han is my favorite character, but Kylo's scene killing him is the best one in TFA to me. He's the most interesting villain we've seen since Vader because his struggle is the opposite of everything we've seen so far, someone actually fighting the light side and wanting to do dark.

Quote:
I don't know how this movie is going to portray him, if they are going to include flashbacks explaining why he joined but from what we've seen it seemed like he had a loving home and family but turned to the dark side any way, total contrast to how Rey was raised who was surrounded by bad people her entire life but never turned to darkness, always kept her innocence and lightness.
From what I remember from Han/Leia dialogues in TFA, something happened during Luke's training that messed him up, it had nothing to do with how he was raised by his parents. Han/Leia started to fall apart once Kylo went "rogue" and started being influenced by Snoke after whatever happened during Luke's training happened. I really hope we get flashbacks explaining that.

Rey however is definitely not all light in my eyes, I think they hinted at her temptation with the dark side during her lightsaber fight with Kylo in TFA. That's why I'm hoping for a true balance storyline.

Quote:
But then again, this is Star Wars and it's always been pretty clichéd, so they are probably going to redeem him through Rey. But time will tell. I'll be excited in December anyway. I'm mostly looking forward to seeing Luke, Leia, Rey, Finn, Poe and Rose.
I think Rey and Leia! I mean, if they shot the scenes with Carrie alraady obviously I'd want her to be part of his redemption.

And yes on more Finn and Poe! I think we got a lot of the others on the trailer already but not these two. I'm curious about Rose but I think I'd rather see her for the first time on screen to be honest
Old 10-11-2017, 03:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm just tired of this trope, I guess. Not just in SW but in Hollywood movies in general, i.e. men getting redemption arcs after committing heinous acts. I think redeeming him through Leia would be a lot better and more meaningful because Leia's forgiveness is more powerful than anything that others can offer. She's the one he hurt the most, she's the one he probably really needs forgiveness from and it would be redemption through unconditional love, depends on how much they've filmed though.

I'm much more interested in Finn and Rey when it comes to the inner struggle between good and bad. They both have some darkness in them but are not letting it take over and showed a lot of courage and resistance considering how they grew up. Rey is definitely tempted by the dark side but I don't think she'll let it consume her, she's shown to be too strong for that, at least that's how I interpreted her scenes.

I think Rose was in a previous trailer? But maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

BTW, the porg looks cute.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.

Last edited by Karma Police; 10-11-2017 at 04:35 AM
Old 10-11-2017, 05:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

YES TO PORGS

As far as the storyline goes, I think that if his story was similar to Vader's I'd be frustrated as far as criativity goes, but he's fighting the good in him, not the bad, so I find it refreshing since it's never been done in SW before. And I hope his redemption (if it does happen) doesn't end with his death. That'd be very cliched

Agreed that Leia should be his redemption gladiator Especially now that Han is dead. But I think it should be a team effort Leia because she's Leia, Luke because obviously something happened during their training that didn't help, and Rey because she's the only one he's connecting with right now.

Quote:
I'm much more interested in Finn and Rey when it comes to the inner struggle between good and bad.
Rey's we're getting. Finn's I'm not sure, he seems full on good side but could be just an impression I'm having I think he's so angry with the life he's lead so far that he just wants to kick some major ass which I'm looking forward to seeing. I don't see him ever considering the dark side again.

Quote:
I think Rose was in a previous trailer? But maybe I'm remembering it wrong.
I think it was a quick shot, not sure I remember her in promo pics though.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:10 AM
Elite Fan

So Ben is going to bring Rey to Snoke?
Old 10-11-2017, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

He seems to be kinda taken with her/protective (as much as Kylo can be ) so since he already avoided doing that in TFA (or failed to, but I don't think he really tried), I think he'll keep avoiding that meeting. I'm assuming he'll want to keep her for himself and Luke will probably deal with Snoke in the meantime? Just guessing
Old 10-11-2017, 07:22 AM
Elite Fan

She seems to be getting tortured by Snoke in the trailer though. So he either brought her to him, or she found her own way there.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Is he saying "follow you destiny" (or something similar) to Rey? I need to pay more attention. I guess he finds her eventually then. IDK, depends on how Kylo's feeling, he's a bit bipolar
Old 10-11-2017, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

What's the stupid fish doing with Chewie?
Old 10-11-2017, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Isn't he based on penguin ?
Old 10-11-2017, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

They are based on puffins. Rian Johnson talks about it here:

Star Wars: The Last Jedi introduces the porgs and caretakers

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
No lie, my first thought when I saw the porg was "sum1 is not going to be happy about this."

I am in love with this trailer. I've watched it a ton. But as per usual, I haven't been looking elsewhere for any information. I find movies like these are best entered into blindly.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
I'm still so undecided about The Porg's
Old 10-11-2017, 11:48 AM
Elite Fan

I'm hoping the Porg isn't in the movie that much. BB8 is enough cute for the film. No need to add more.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I just find the Porg's weird and not cute might feel different after seeing movie hut right now don't feel anything

Miss you - should stop into OT so we can catch up
Old 10-11-2017, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's a ing fish.