Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2017, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

AHHHHH the trailer. Rey training with Luke YES, Leia and FINNNNN and Poe. So excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)

Too much Kylo Ren.
Agreed.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 10-10-2017, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)

Rey+Luke training, Poe, Finn fighting. Leia. Not enough Finn and Poe though and they could have shown Rose too.

Too much Kylo Ren.
Gonna disagree the reason is that I feel that this trilogy is the story of BOTH Rey and Kylo - so the fact that he killed Han and looking like he's attacking whatever convoy that it looks like Leia's on. So I feel the trilogy is Rey figuring out WHAT she is while Kylo may be on a redemption storyline, plus Kylo hasn't been focused on previous to this trailer
Old 10-10-2017, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

There can never be too much Kylo for the love of everything He's the driving force of this trilogy to me, the main connection to the Skywalkers and Solos, the big villain with the broken soul, not to mention Adam freaking Driver being amazing as he always is. We need his backstory and TLJ is the movie to do it.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Adam Driver IS good, no matter what I think of the new Star Wars.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Adam is and he's new to me and all
Old 10-10-2017, 04:11 PM
Administrator

The trailer looked awesome, but I hope that Kylo doesn't turn Rey to the Dark Side.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 10-10-2017, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea so much was happening in that trailer Kylo attacking and it looking like its a ship Leia was on plus yea that last clip of Reylo
Old 10-10-2017, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
The trailer looked awesome, but I hope that Kylo doesn't turn Rey to the Dark Side.
I think they'll save each other Perfect balance. No more nonsense light side Jedi extreme rules of not living life and loving, and no more extreme hate and power hunger of the dark side. True balance of the Force like it's never been done. That's my hope. I'd hate for Rey to follow Jedi rules 100% and become someone who's afraid to love and I'd hate for Kylo to turn dark 100% and ruin his family's legacy.
Old 10-10-2017, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by a new hope (View Post)
I think they'll save each other Perfect balance. No more nonsense light side Jedi extreme rules of not living life and loving, and no more extreme hate and power hunger of the dark side. True balance of the Force like it's never been done. That's my hope. I'd hate for Rey to follow Jedi rules 100% and become someone who's afraid to love and I'd hate for Kylo to turn dark 100% and ruin his family's legacy.
I really like this idea.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 10-10-2017, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea we are hoping for a redemption arc
Old 10-10-2017, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah and the Grey Jedi Otherwise let's be honest, Force Users are always gonna go crazy, either grow old lonely and isolated (Obi-Wan, Yoda, now Luke), or "daring to love" and going to the dark side for wanting too much. The only way out for sanity for force users in Star Wars so far is for them not to tap much into it like Leia which is a shame.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This "Grey Jedi" theory has me curious
Old 10-10-2017, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lucas's philosophy for the Jedi is really screwed up.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Exactly, there's no way to be happy long term if you follow Jedi rules, and no way to be happy long term if you all-powerful on the dark side, I think this sequel is the perfect chance SW has to switch that up and make the force more relatable and less black and white...a new generation of fans need that kind of message IMO.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't know if the movie is going to truly redeem him or start his redemption arc but Kylo is just beyond redemption in my eyes, not only because he killed Han Solo but also because he burned down villages, murdered other innocent people, violated the minds of those he captured, including Poe and Rey. I don't know how this movie is going to portray him, if they are going to include flashbacks explaining why he joined but from what we've seen it seemed like he had a loving home and family but turned to the dark side any way, total contrast to how Rey was raised who was surrounded by bad people her entire life but never turned to darkness, always kept her innocence and lightness. Kylo Ren is definitely manipulated by Snoke but he also chose to join the dark side, has been doing despicable things since, I think it would be refreshing to not have the villain redeemed, at least not fully and especially not through innocent characters. But then again, this is Star Wars and it's always been pretty clichéd, so they are probably going to redeem him through Rey. But time will tell. I'll be excited in December anyway. I'm mostly looking forward to seeing Luke, Leia, Rey, Finn, Poe and Rose.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.

Last edited by Karma Police; 10-10-2017 at 11:29 PM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top