Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2016, 09:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brave princess (View Post)
There's so much art for them! And based on those latest gifs it seems like there's a higher quality version of the movie for gif makers now.

The "It is you" from the book reinforces what Rey saw in her vision and that he may have spared her for some reason and knew that she was on Jakku. I know there are some that think that what Rey remembers in the book sounded more like a mother but I still think it could've been Kylo trying to reassure a frightened little girl before leaving her on a foreign planet. For all we know, Snoke could've told Kylo that she must be spared b/c she'll come to the dark side one day just like Palpatine kept saying that to Vader about Luke.
I don't think Kylo dropped her on Jaaku. The massacre at Jedi Academy happened after or around the time Rey was dropped already on Jaaku and we know that from P. Hidalgo. Also saying sweetheart works more for mother or father. I would go on and say it was her mother and that would be a big deal in next episode. Kylo knew her from the academy, the most talented one etc.

http://arbutus-blossoms.tumblr.com/post/136363281201

I also like the Anakin/Padme parallels and prefer to think Rey/Kylo are the better version of them, the other way around

About Anakin and Padme. Well, Anakin and Padme did have an instant connection and they were friends from the very beginning. The iot progress to being romantically involved. While Kylo is obsessed for many reasons sexual or not. She hates him for killing Han and he injured Finn her friend...yeah to me Finn and Rey are friends. She friendzoned him.

Last edited by KingCrow; 01-01-2016 at 09:42 AM
Old 01-01-2016, 09:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaSparrow (View Post)

Yeah, even if they're first cousins they could still be together romantically, it wouldn't change anything... And that's not the reason why I'm not fond of Rey being Luke's daughter ^^
Well, since Disney is now behind the movies. I doubt that they'll have cousins falling for each other. That's how prude Disney still is. Just like Finn/Poe has a big fanbase but they'll never put 2 men together.

"์•„ ์•„๊นŒ๋Š” ๋ชป ๋ฐ›์•„์„œ ๋ฏธ์•ˆํ•ด
์นœ๊ตฌ๋ฅผ ๋งŒ๋‚˜๋Š๋ผ
shy shy shy
Old 01-01-2016, 09:37 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hi Guys,

I'm new and you are saving my life. I started to ship these two the moment he unmasked for her. I was, like, wow, this is it. Way to go JJ. You gave huge marketing push to Reyfinn with some hints that we could get extremely vanilla love triangle between Reyfinn and Reypoe, and then you drop your secret weapon on us. Holy smokes, that was hot. That was also when I figured that the boxoffice was going to surpass even the most optimistic expectations. Reylo are simply mesmerizing together. First time ever I was grateful for JJ's Mystery Box bull.

Anyway, I was dying to discuss Reylo but all non-shipper forums won't hear it. In fact, I was threatened with banning on another one for suggesting that Rey's Force awakening was also her sexual awakening. I mean, it makes sense, no? She didn't have contact with boys, meets Kylo/Ben and - boom - discovers her power as a woman (he unmasks for her) and the Force user (finds out she can use the Force). And not only that, but he triggered the awakening by "feeling her". They called me a troll.

So, my thoughts. I'm with everyone who thinks this is deliberate. They gave Kylo all romantic hero or Gothic romance hero tropes - bridal carry, unmasking, feels her, whispers to her, stare-off, fight, chasm opening. And of course, Driver/Ridley chemsitry is the most epic ever. If Johnson/Dornan had 1/16 of Driver/Ridley heat, 50 Shades would have made a billion. So there's no way that JJ didn't think "Wow, these cousins have all the makings of a hot couple." Something is off, can't figure out what. Cause everything points out that they are cousins. And yet...they played their scenes as if having astral sex. I mean, if this doesn't looks like a sex scene, I don't know what does:

Russian Fringe Science - Turn your magic on, to me sheโ€™d say Everything you...

They sweat, breathe heavily, grimace, move in unison, his eyes glaze over as she closes hers. C'mon! That's sex! Remove lightsabers and you get a sex scene.

Anyway, I also want to address the "abusive relationship" accusations. IMO, they do everything right that Anakin and Padme did wrong. take a look:

Anakin: "I slaughtered all sand people!"
Padme: "I love you! Lets get married!"

Kylo:"I killed my father."
Rey:"You are a monster!"

Anakin Force chokes his pregnant wife
Padme loses will to live even though there's nothing physically wrong with her and she has newborn kids to take care of

Kylo throws Rey against the tree cause monster remark hurt his feelings.
Rey recovers, picks up the saber, fights him, cuts his face.

Kylo reads Rey's mind without her permission.
Rey retaliates by reading his mind without his permission.

In short, as far as problematic relationships go, Rey knows how to handle Kylo and that earned her his respect. "I can teach you." he says, "I can show you the power of the FORCE". Force, NOT Dark Side. See? He's so impressed that she holds her own against him, that he makes a major Freudian slip revealing that he doesn't want to turn her to the Dark Side. he accepts her for who she is (Light). This a great Dark Sider/Light Sider dynamics, as well as male/female one. Our headstrong heroine doesn't let dark hero with abusive tendencies run over her. She fights back, gives him the taste of his own medicine and he gets the hint. And builds respect.

OTOH, Padme totally didn't know how to handle her Dark Sider paramour. She bought into every emo bull he served her with, glossed over serious signs of trouble (that sand people slaughter confession) and finally lost the will to live (ARE.YOU.KIDDING.ME?) because he proved to be a total jerk. I can't.

I just hope that Anakin/Padme backlash (thanks to atrocious writing) doesn't prevent TFA sequels from further exploration of Dark Sider/Light Sider dynamics. They are totally awesome and have so much potential. Also, their scenes were the best in the movie, and his unmasking and her calling the saber are iconic scenes. It would suck if they are dropped for building vanilla relationships between her and non-Force users. We had too many of those already.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by unintended (View Post)

Rey and Kylo Ren symbolize the balance of light and dark in the force.

Both have seen inside the other, they seem to have an intertwined past that weโ€™re not yet privy to, and eventually, theyโ€™ll likely have an understanding of each other that no one else could fully share in.

Cosmic Latte
This is so beautiful. Their children would be balanced and wouldn't struggle like children from asymmetric (Force user + non-user) relationships. None of those marriages worked out either. Anidala tanked 9 months into the marriage, and Han/Leia split too.

Give Dark Sider and Light Sider a chance to build life together!
Old 01-01-2016, 09:56 AM
Master Fan

katilicious Hello and welcome to this thread. Be careful, I'm not sure you can post two comments, one after the other. Maybe a mod can clarify that for you.

KingCrow I didn't know about Pablo Hidalgo. But I still believe that she and Kylo met at Luke's Jedi Academy. You know what? I thought that the scene where we see the Knights of Ren was during the padawans massacre, but now I'm not sure. Cause Kylo seems to be more than 15/16 years old and there are just so many bodies around them. What I don't get is Rey connection to this particular scene. And why Kylo killed one of the Knights if Rey wasn't even there to begin with?

์นœ๊ตฌ๋ฅผ ๋งŒ๋‚˜๋Š๋ผ
shy shy shy
Old 01-01-2016, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

katilicious, on this site, posting two consecutive posts (without somebody else's post in between) is discouraged. What we do is edit the new material into our last post.

Quote:
Anyway, I was dying to discuss Reylo but all non-shipper forums won't hear it. In fact, I was threatened with banning on another one for suggesting that Rey's Force awakening was also her sexual awakening. I mean, it makes sense, no? She didn't have contact with boys, meets Kylo/Ben and - boom - discovers her power as a woman (he unmasks for her) and the Force user (finds out she can use the Force). And not only that, but he triggered the awakening by "feeling her". They called me a troll.
That wasn't at The Force Net (TFN), was it? They shouldn't have called you a troll.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Welcome katilicious Do you want to be added to the shipper list?

Loved your posts Especially this part:

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlicious (View Post)
In short, as far as problematic relationships go, Rey knows how to handle Kylo and that earned her his respect. "I can teach you." he says, "I can show you the power of the FORCE". Force, NOT Dark Side. See? He's so impressed that she holds her own against him, that he makes a major Freudian slip revealing that he doesn't want to turn her to the Dark Side. he accepts her for who she is (Light). This a great Dark Sider/Light Sider dynamics, as well as male/female one. Our headstrong heroine doesn't let dark hero with abusive tendencies run over her. She fights back, gives him the taste of his own medicine and he gets the hint. And builds respect.
About posting right after yourself, that's right, it's one of our rules not to double post, you can just edit your post if you want to add something to it

And that new years gif is so cute
Old 01-01-2016, 10:03 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbis diablo (View Post)
Welcome katilicious Do you want to be added to the shipper list?

Loved your posts Especially this part:

About posting right after yourself, that's right, it's one of our rules not to double post, you can just edit your post if you want to add something to it

And that new years gif is so cute
Guys, I'm so sorry for posting one after another, didn't mean it. I'm trying to get the gist of the site and there are so many greta posts to reply to. So please forgive me. Yes, I want to be added on the shipper list, duh, ah,ha! Reylo Forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unintended (View Post)
the way he looks at her is incredible
it's such a violent scene but it's like he's home, like he belongs with her
That's a perfect way to put it. I think that they both felt that they belonged, finally. TIME magazine review basically stated that they looked lost in their own world. What Daisy and Adam did with that scene is beyond astonishing. You can feel the Force flowing between them and then engulfing them. Chemistry wis so intense you could cut the air between them with the knife.

Also, when he whispers to her her own thoughts, you know that he is also talking about himself. "You are so lonely...etc" Yep, that's him too. It's a beautiful and dark scene about two loners, who didn't belong, finally finding kindred spirit...and that's all complicated because he's Dark and she's Light. How can they not pursue this romance? This is what romance is all about, not aw shucks cuteness. I mean, aw shucks cuteness is fine but nobody will remember it while something like this will be analysed forever regardless of the outcome (whether they become canon couple or not). IMO, this is what star crossed lovers are about. Add to that that it's also a twist on Twilight/50 Shades where dark hero dominates dumb heroine. here, nobody is dumb plus she gets upper hand on him. And he respects that. He won't let Snoke change her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)

KingCrow I didn't know about Pablo Hidalgo. But I still believe that she and Kylo met at Luke's Jedi Academy. You know what? I thought that the scene where we see the Knights of Ren was during the padawans massacre, but now I'm not sure. Cause Kylo seems to be more than 15/16 years old and there are just so many bodies around them. What I don't get is Rey connection to this particular scene. And why Kylo killed one of the Knights if Rey wasn't even there to begin with?
Who is pablo Hidalgo that I keep hearing about? he claims that Rey/Kylo age is 10 years apart which seems too much. He's not much older than she which is why she;s startled when he unmasks. Also, it makes no sense in the context that a) Rey wasn't dropped on jakku after the massacre and b) that it wasn't Ben considering Kylo's WHAT GIRL??? tantrum.

Also, I'm thinking this - BEN Kenobi took young Luke to desert planet for protection and BEN Solo took young Rey to desert planet for protection. There has to be a reason why he's named Ben.

Last edited by katlicious; 01-01-2016 at 10:13 AM
Old 01-01-2016, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It's no problem, it takes a while to get the hang of things I'll add you to the list right now

Quote:
That's a perfect way to put it. I think that they both felt that they belonged, finally. TIME magazine review basically stated that they looked lost in their own world. What Daisy and Adam did with that scene is beyond astonishing. You can feel the Force flowing between them and then engulfing them. Chemistry wis so intense you could cut the air between them with the knife.
Yes omg. I love that TIME Magazine quote.

Quote:
Also, when he whispers to her her own thoughts, you know that he is also talking about himself. "You are so lonely...etc" Yep, that's him too. It's a beautiful and dark scene about two loners, who didn't belong, finally finding kindred spirit...and that's all complicated because he's Dark and she's Light. How can they not pursue this romance? This is what romance is all about, not aw shucks cuteness. I mean, aw shucks cuteness is fine but nobody will remember it while something like this will be analysed forever regardless of the outcome (whether they become canon couple or not). IMO, this is what star crossed lovers are about. Add to that that it's also a twist on Twilight/50 Shades where dark hero dominates dumb heroine. here, nobody is dumb plus she gets upper hand on him. And he respects that. He won't let Snoke change her.
Agree 100%. Not pursuing this romance would be such a waste. We've seen romances like Rey/Finn a billion times (no disrespect to the ship, I just mean that it's predictable). Reylo would go down in history as one of the most intriguing ships ever.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Who is pablo Hidalgo that I keep hearing about? he claims that Rey/Kylo age is 10 years apart which seems too much. He's not much older than she which is why she;s startled when he unmasks. Also, it makes no sense in the context that a) Rey wasn't dropped on jakku after the massacre and b) that it wasn't Ben considering Kylo's WHAT GIRL??? tantrum.
After The Walt Disney Company's acquisition of Lucasfilm, Hidalgo was assigned a job within the newly formed Lucasfilm Story Group, whose main purpose is to create and maintain one cohesive canon, thereby eliminating the previous hierarchical canon.

Here's more info on him Pablo Hidalgo - Wookieepedia - Wikia

KingCrow supposedly, Pablo talked to Luke's Jedi Academy massacre happening after Rey was left on Jakku on hiw twitter. I can't find anything. The only he confirmed was that Rey was 19 and Kylo 30 (which is not hard to believe). But do you have an article or something that can confirm that he said that? Cause right now...there is nothing.

์นœ๊ตฌ๋ฅผ ๋งŒ๋‚˜๋Š๋ผ
shy shy shy
Old 01-01-2016, 10:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
After The Walt Disney Company's acquisition of Lucasfilm, Hidalgo was assigned a job within the newly formed Lucasfilm Story Group, whose main purpose is to create and maintain one cohesive canon, thereby eliminating the previous hierarchical canon.

Here's more info on him Pablo Hidalgo - Wookieepedia - Wikia

KingCrow supposedly, Pablo talked to Luke's Jedi Academy massacre happening after Rey was left on Jakku on hiw twitter. I can't find anything. The only he confirmed was that Rey was 19 and Kylo 30 (which is not hard to believe). But do you have an article or something that can confirm that he said that? Cause right now...there is nothing.
I see. Thanks. Something still doesn't compute. I mean, when you break down Rey's vision, you get this:

She gets first person POV in the massacre scene, so it appears that armed man is trying to kill her...only to end up killed by Kylo. this is immediately followed by the vision of young Rey on Jakku calling after the ship that left her. So since these things are never random, I'd say that young Rey was saved by Kylo and then dropped on Jakku. Ben Solo doing Ben Kenobi business.

And than, there's WHAT GIRL??? freak out. So Kylo knows that a Force user lives on Jakku. How? Doesn't make sense if he didn't take her there. None.

So maybe Hidalgo is giving us "Cumberbatch isn't playing Khan" realness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaSparrow (View Post)
I'd actually find it pretty cool too. Rey doesn't need to be an all mighty powerful Jedi for me to love her

Loving the art too Jenny

SCAVENGER |JEDI | tribeoftyrones: Turn your magic on, to me sheโ€™d...
"CAN WE PLEASE TALK ABOUT HOW ****ING CALM HE BECOMES ALONG WITH HER TOWARDS THE END LIKE THEIR SO ****IGN CONNECTED AND LINKED"
This is a sex scene. C'mon, guys, LOOK AT THEM! Look at the agony, ecstasy and climaxing. They are so making love to each other in their minds. Editing makes it looks like he's thrusting on top of her. Seriously, look how they move in unison. I want the real deal. SW is now PG-13 so they can have a PG-13 sex scene. passionate kissing, etc, all dressed, it can be done. JJ's very own LOST had ultra hot PG-13 SKate sex scene. Heck, Titanic had PG-13 sex with nudity. It can be done. #CousinsNotIncest

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
katilicious, on this site, posting two consecutive posts (without somebody else's post in between) is discouraged. What we do is edit the new material into our last post.

That wasn't at The Force Net (TFN), was it? They shouldn't have called you a troll.
I know right? Pot. Kettle. Black. It was them.:\

Last edited by katlicious; 01-01-2016 at 10:41 AM
Old 01-01-2016, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I know right? Pot. Kettle. Black. It was them.:\
I knew it! Some things never change.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

This is a sex scene. C'mon, guys, LOOK AT THEM! Look at the agony, ecstasy and climaxing. They are so making love to each other in their minds. Editing makes it looks like he's thrusting on top of her. Seriously, look how they move in unison. I want the real deal. SW is now PG-13 so they can have a PG-13 sex scene. passionate kissing, etc, all dressed, it can be done. JJ's very own LOST had ultra hot PG-13 SKate sex scene. Heck, Titanic had PG-13 sex with nudity. It can be done. #CousinsNotIncest
OMG, I think you're going a little too far with this

์นœ๊ตฌ๋ฅผ ๋งŒ๋‚˜๋Š๋ผ
shy shy shy
Old 01-01-2016, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I see it that way too to be honest
Old 01-01-2016, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I see it that way too to be honest