Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2005, 03:57 AM
Elite Fan

Hey newbies!Welcome!
Old 05-26-2005, 08:30 AM
New Fan

Hello from another newbie! I've been hanging around this board for about a week now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Shannon*
It's also interesting to go back and watch the Originals, especially ROTJ, when the Emperor is trying to kill Luke, and Vader goes back and forth from the Emperor and Luke, before saving his son. I think he was thinking of Padme in that moment.
Even though you pretty much have to fill it in with your imagination, because Padme is never mentioned in any scenes directly involving Darth Vader, I like the undercurrent that knowing the love story brings to the OT -- to Vader's pursuit of Luke in ESB, and to his redemption in the end. The father-son relationship is obviously important in and of itself, but Luke also represents a link to Padme that for 20-some years Vader never knew he had. Just finding out about Luke's existence may have awakened the first dim rekindling of his better self, because Luke was a connection to the person he was when he was with her.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:28 AM
Elite Fan

Shannon- That's an interesting point you had about the scene in ROTJ...

also Ligia Elena- I think you're very right about what you said about knowing the love story and it's impact on the OT movies and also welcome to the thread!

welcome all newbies! I'm Maria, very nice to meet you all!

Those were gutwrenching pics at the last page, oh so tragic!
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
icon credit
Hayden
Old 05-26-2005, 01:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

Jenna, love, glad to see someone I know!
Old 05-26-2005, 02:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

hello everybody!

first time i post here!
just wanted to say that it was really great!!!!
i cried!! am i the only one or am really i a freak?
great pictures!!
Old 05-26-2005, 05:26 PM
Jay
Master Fan

someone forgot to add me to list.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:33 PM
Absolute Fan

Hello everyone! Just wanted to stop by and post! How is everyone doing this evening? I've been doing ok. I've had nothing to do all day b/c school just recently let out for the summer and I'm already bored! But, the good news is I will be a SENIOR next year! I'm so excited! Anyway, so in my boring day, I've been watching Star Wars. I watched Ep. IV: A New Hope just to see how well Ep. III ties in and I must say, it did very well! I also watched Ep.II b/c I just had to see my fav. onscreen couple in their happy times! They have such great chemistry!

I'm loving all of the fanart and wallpaper everyone is contributing! They're awesome! Does anyone know of any good sites w/ P/A video clips from the movies? I was just wondering b/c I would really like to make a music video to share w/ all of you! If anyone could help me out in finding a website, I'd really appreciate it!

P.S. Plz don't forget to add me to the list! :-)

Bellamy and Clarke
{The Rebel & The Princess}
Old 05-26-2005, 07:46 PM
Elite Fan

LuvinJames23
Jay_10

Added.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixieland_dreamer
Welcome to the new shippers. (Hi, Kat!)

Poor Padme. She looks so heartbroken and worried in those pictures.

I love, love, love the scene of Padme and Anakin staring across Coruscant toward each other in ROTS. I think they're both crying, and it's SUCH a sad moment. Man, I love them.
I looove that scene also.

Ligi, I definitely know what you mean about the love story influencing other storylines from the OT. You're right, especially the family scenario from the OT. There is a story, I forget what it's called, but it deals most directly with the Skywalker legacy. The story starts at the end of ROTJ, and Luke has managed to keep Anakin alive. There's lots of tension between Leia and Anakin, and in the story, Anakin and Padme actually had another child before Luke and Leia, but she died. Anyways, it's great. I wish there were more Family Skywalker stories out there.
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
Old 05-26-2005, 08:20 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryostar
LuvinJames23
Jay_10

Added.
Thank you so much!

Bellamy and Clarke
Old 05-26-2005, 08:23 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixieland_dreamer
Welcome to the new shippers. (Hi, Kat!)

Poor Padme. She looks so heartbroken and worried in those pictures.

I love, love, love the scene of Padme and Anakin staring across Coruscant toward each other in ROTS. I think they're both crying, and it's SUCH a sad moment. Man, I love them.
OMG! I love that scene too! It's so sad tho! Especially the way Anakin looks...you cna tell in that scene just how much he truly loves Padme. When he almost breaks down and that tear falls down...omg....i almost lose it everytime I see that part! Amazing!

Bellamy and Clarke
Old 05-26-2005, 09:42 PM
Total Fan

Hello, been lurking finally decided to pop in and say hello!

And on the cold wet dirt I cry.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

I've already posted this over at the Hayden thread but thought it blonged here too.

Hey everyone! Man I haven't been on fan forum in forever. Hope you don't mind me coming in and saying Hi ROTS was great. I have already gone 4 times and plan on going more. The most I have ever gone to a movie is 8 times and that was for Phantom of the Opera (love that movie).

I have to say the more times I see ROTS the more depressing it gets. The first time I saw it I got a little teary eyed but man by the 4th time I had tears streaking down my face. I think what made me cry more was before going to the movie I watched ROTJ.

Anikan’s journey throughout the whole saga is depressing. Now having seen all of the movies I just can't help but get getting depressed thinking about it. Even after seeing all the horrible things Anikan did in ROTS I still feel for him and want to save him from himself.

After the movie I kept thinking about ROTJ. At the end were Luke takes the mask off Vader and he becomes Anikan again and telling Luke he was right about him all along. About having good still in him. Luke burning his fathers body was very sad not only because it was the end of Anikan’s journey but for Luke having to let go of his father. But my most favorite part is at the end when Luke sees his father together again with Obi Wan and Yoda. Had everyone seen the DVD version were they replaced the old guy who played Anikan with Hayden. Man I loved that!! I know some people didn't but I did. It makes the ending all the more bittersweet.

The moments in ROTS between Anikan and Padme were great, their relationship and love for each other is what made me fall in love with Star Wars. Hayden and Natalie have great chemistry and their performances for were great. Forget Romeo and Juliet...the love story between Anikan and Padme is probably the most tragic love story I have seen on screen. I was crying at the end for the both of them.

I like to think after everything they went through and because their love for each other was so strong that they found each other and were together again in the end watching over Luke and Leia.

I better stop now.... I could go on and on about it but I'm sure you guys don't want to read my ramblings. I will have to stop by more often and talk to you all but until then..... MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU......I know, very corny but I just had to say it.

butterfly_girl

Last edited by butterfly_girl; 05-26-2005 at 09:55 PM
Old 05-26-2005, 10:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

I wanted to be added too, please

I wasn't a fan before, but episode III made me a fan, specifically Anakin. His story is so tragic and sad, he just loved her so very much and nobody was giving him a solution, except Palpatine. Hayden was excellent, brilliant, he totally sold me the character, and I didn't even liked him in episode II. This movie left a big impression on me, and now I just watched the original trilogy (form which I didn't remember much) and I cried so hard at the end, when Luke took out the Darth Vader mask. It made the whole tragedy more real. And how cool is that they replaced Hayden at the end, with Yoda and Obi? that part made me cry even harder.

I'm off to read son Anakin/Padme fanfiction.

Obssesing about: Harry Potter, Marillion, Gilmore Girls
Old 05-26-2005, 10:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

welll-said butterfly girl. i agree that they're just as tragic as romeo & juliet.

Guardian Angel #9
P/J Shipper #11
Forbidden Lover #45
Closed Thread   Post New Thread