Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2023, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that. I really like the board guide. Yes I don't think we can add the milestones in this instance, seeing as it's an existing board. Unless there's a way of celebrating additional posts to the reopening. It could work with the that specified maybe?

Edit: Also it has been pointed out that the thread for the first Hobbit movie has been turned into a general discussion on The Hobbit films. I think we should follow how we've done RoP and have General Discussion threads for The Hobbit films and the LOTR films. We could use the existing 'An Unexpected Journey ' as the general discussion thread as it seems to have become that, and make new one for An Unexpected Journey.

It looks like we'd need a new thread for a general discussion on the LOTR films.

Also I'm going to add a Bronwyn/Arondir thread tomorrow.

What other character threads do everyone want? Characters left are: Adar; Elendil; Gil-galad; Pharazon; Earien; King Durin III; Malva; Revion; Largo Brandyfoot; Medhor; Valandil; Rian; Waldreg; and Marigold.

Last edited by Meliana; 07-12-2023 at 08:51 PM
Old 07-12-2023, 09:22 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

We should definitely have a LOTR books General discussion thread, or turn the existing one with The Hobbit into a general discussion thread for both The Hobbit & LOTR.

what do you think?
Old 07-12-2023, 10:53 PM
Graphics Team

Man there's too many threads Took me hours to get all that together, which I probably was super slow at doing..
I also think maybe just have threads for characters that are more prominent? Like that you see more often.. and that people will probably wanna chat about

Also, just wondering who would post in both a general discussion thread, and post in the individual movie threads too? Seems almost like the same thing to me
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time

Last edited by ice choco; 07-12-2023 at 11:25 PM
Old 07-13-2023, 12:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think we should have a book thread for The Lord of the Rings.

With the characters I wasn't proposing to do all of them, I just wanted to make sure we had everyone done that we wanted to be done. Which can be none of them.

If you like I could alter the board guide, it's no problem.

I think there should be the 2 extra general discussion threads, simply as it seems sensible, and the An Unexpected Journey one is confusing everyone.
Old 07-13-2023, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice choco (View Post)
Man there's too many threads Took me hours to get all that together, which I probably was super slow at doing..
I also think maybe just have threads for characters that are more prominent? Like that you see more often.. and that people will probably wanna chat about

Also, just wondering who would post in both a general discussion thread, and post in the individual movie threads too? Seems almost like the same thing to me
thank you so much for all the effort to you guys

Anything I can help with? I am asking you too Claire.
Old 07-13-2023, 07:37 AM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliana (View Post)
I think we should have a book thread for The Lord of the Rings.

With the characters I wasn't proposing to do all of them, I just wanted to make sure we had everyone done that we wanted to be done. Which can be none of them.

If you like I could alter the board guide, it's no problem.

I think there should be the 2 extra general discussion threads, simply as it seems sensible, and the An Unexpected Journey one is confusing everyone.
No, it's okay I can edit it. I mean.. I already went this far, it's not a huge issue to add in things now. Also, I'm not sure if you guys wanna add in every single thread that the current OP has? There was a few things I didn't include.

You guys could just have the Hobbit title one altered so it doesn't look like a general discussion. But if you guys would prefer to do more threads instead, then that's up to you I just figured that no one would actually post in both a general discussion AND the individual movie threads, as it seems the same thing to me. But that's just my thoughts.
Old 07-13-2023, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

maybe we need a countdown thread as well for news and spoilers for the upcoming seasons/movies etc? We can post spoiler without tags there.

but in other thread we should use spoiler tags.
Old 07-13-2023, 09:31 AM
Graphics Team

There already is a News thread.
I'm not opposed to a spoilers thread, that is.. if we can have one and if others want one

Btw, since we're getting close to a new thread here, does anyone mind if I make it when the time comes? Just so I can keep up with the board guide. If that's alright?
Old 07-13-2023, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Bronwyn/Arondir

Thanks cK. What we really need is to make a few decisions.

1. Do we keep a form of celebration of threads in the BG?
2. Do we have a few more general discussion threads, or adapt what we have?
3. Do we use all the threads in the present BG, or sacrifice some?
4. Do we want a spoilers thread?

Those seem the main issues.

I'm happy for you to post the new thread ice choco, but if you want any of us could take your BG and post it so don't feel like you have to.
Old 07-13-2023, 12:37 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Celebration threads should be kept.

Maybe upgrading the existing threads into General discussion threads for the Hobbit movies, and the books would make sense, and get new general LOTR movies discussion thread going for all 3 movies?

We should have a spoiler thread

And I really don't think that everything from the old OP needs to be kept. as there are multiple Slash discussion threads, which could be joined, and we could also have more generic appreciation threads for the hobbits, elves, numenorians etc to ensure that minor characters can be discussed as well? or how they are brought to life?

Sorry, it's been a long day, and I feel like rumbling at the moment...
Old 07-13-2023, 01:05 PM
Graphics Team

I already kept all the slash discussion threads...
There's only some things I didn't keep in there. Like the Fan Pictures (does anyone here wanna show their face?), and like.. the I Spy game. I dunno what happened to that thread, but when I clicked it there was nothing there. It didn't go to anything. And there's a few things under the "other discussion" that I hadn't added in. Like dvd discussion, funny screencaps..

Not sure if anyone wants those bottom 2 threads that are in the "discussion of the week" category?

If the celebration threads are kept, we would have to edit it. Because as it is now, it wouldn't work.

Why do you want new General LOTR movies discussion threads? I'm confused. Aren't the threads there already general discussions for those movies?
Old 07-13-2023, 01:10 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Yeah, but if you're not a first time watcher, it's more tempting to talk about all 3 movies at once sometimes...

oh yeah, the dvd stuff and the other threads... The Dvds, special features related things could be more suitable for a general LOTR movie discussion thread.

I've never got the I spy plus some of the other game threads either... can live without them...
We should only keep the "music videos" thread if it can be rrnamed to fanvideos thread
Old 07-13-2023, 01:15 PM
Graphics Team

I put that MV thread in there and titled it as Fanvids. But yes the title of the thread itself should probably be renamed as Fanvideos

So wait, are you wanting to get rid of the individual movie threads, and then just make a general discussion? Like.. 1 thread for all 3 of the LOTR films (and then 1 thread for all 3 of the Hobbit films)? Because that sounds good. If that is what you mean.

Yeah I found a few threads just something we could probably leave out. Since I'm not sure they will have much of a discussion in them
Old 07-13-2023, 03:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice choco (View Post)
Isildur [Maxim Baldry]

Also, I think I had recreated the Board Guide OP But slightly edited and added in stuff that wasn't there yet... I'm not sure if it looks okay? I'm also unsure how the milestones work, since the board was reopened.

Spoiler:
Added it Jac, it looks great
Old 07-13-2023, 05:42 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Time for a new thread, but note that if you want existing threads to be named, let us know here and Maurice and I can get to it. And if there are threads that should be closed (we're no longer using them), please also let us know and we'll handle those. Helps to clear up some of the clutter.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread