Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2004, 10:36 PM
Master Fan

Thought I'd drop by and say hi!

I'm a Star Trek fan from way back. I'd seen every episode of TOS before TNG started, then watched every TNG episode when it first aired. When I was an engineering student at university, I had a "Borg Institute of Technology" sticker on my car's rear windshield, and a couple of Trek pins on my jacket. I kind of lost interest in ST with DS9 and Voyager, but I still think very highly of the first two series.
Old 01-09-2004, 07:10 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Raonaild:
Thought I'd drop by and say hi!

I'm a Star Trek fan from way back. I'd seen every episode of TOS before TNG started, then watched every TNG episode when it first aired. When I was an engineering student at university, I had a "Borg Institute of Technology" sticker on my car's rear windshield, and a couple of Trek pins on my jacket. I kind of lost interest in ST with DS9 and Voyager, but I still think very highly of the first two series.
That is so funny! When I was bartending in the strip clubs I had a Starfleet Academy sticker on my car and on my tuxedo shirt (complete with my favorite purple colored cumberbund and bowtie) I would wear my communicator badge and since my ears are pierced I would wear my long dangling Saturn earrings. The outfit was complete with a black leather mini skirt and purple suede high heels. At the time I weighed much less than I do now (in otherwords... I had an ok body [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ). From time to time I would get some drunk that would notice my "Trekness". He'd see my earrings and slurringly he'd say, "Are those Saturn earrings?" Then I'd say, "They sure the F*** aren't Uranus!" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2004, 09:28 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hi Raonaild. I'm glad that you dropped by. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] When we first got the board, we had a thread dedicated to the Borg. Maybe I should restart it.
Old 01-10-2004, 10:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Tazula:
That is so funny! When I was bartending in the strip clubs I had a Starfleet Academy sticker on my car and on my tuxedo shirt (complete with my favorite purple colored cumberbund and bowtie) I would wear my communicator badge and since my ears are pierced I would wear my long dangling Saturn earrings. The outfit was complete with a black leather mini skirt and purple suede high heels. At the time I weighed much less than I do now (in otherwords... I had an ok body [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ). From time to time I would get some drunk that would notice my "Trekness". He'd see my earrings and slurringly he'd say, "Are those Saturn earrings?" Then I'd say, "They sure the F*** aren't Uranus!" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Nice [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] The jacket I wore all my pins on was actually a red sweater that many students in our engineering undergraduate society wore (these were rather infamous on campus). I had not only a communicator pin, but a Borg insignia pin (a stylized red hand on a black background), and captain's pips (I was the undergraduate society president), among a collection of others.
Quote:
Originally posted by C h r i s:
[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hi Raonaild. I'm glad that you dropped by. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] When we first got the board, we had a thread dedicated to the Borg. Maybe I should restart it.
LOL ... or maybe not, it might end up assimilating all the other threads [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 01-10-2004: Message edited Raonaild ]
Old 02-01-2004, 09:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm wanderer, I used to be a ST fan for years. I lost track of it when I was at the University.

I met Chris on the comics board, and decided to visit this board from time to time.

My favorite series was TNG, but I'm fond of the others. I'll admit I haven't watched Enterprise yet.

But this board brings back a lot of great memories.

About my real life. I live in Chicago. My hobbies, I love film and theater. I'd love to work in that industry more often, but my day job is waiting tables. My favorite TV show right now is "Arrested Development", and I love Cartoon Network, and Comedy Central.
Old 02-02-2004, 01:57 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally posted by wanderer78:

I met Chris on the comics board, and decided to visit this board from time to time.

My favorite series was TNG, but I'm fond of the others. I'll admit I haven't watched Enterprise yet.

Aww ... that's sweet of you wanderer. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img] We have a general TNG thread if you're interested.
Old 02-06-2004, 12:57 AM
New Fan

Hi everyone

I'm Brenda, from Sydney Australia.
I've enjoyed all of the Star Trek series and am very fond of Enterprise.

I love almost all sci-fi shows I've seen over the years and this is why I joined a local fan club - Friends of Science Fiction.

I've been looking around for some good Star Trek sites and found this one.
If anyone can reccommend others, particularly in Australia, I'd be most grateful.

I added a post to you convention thread letting folks know that our club is running a convention on Monday April 26 2004 where our guest will be Anthony Montgomery (Ensign Travis Mayweather).

We're a small but very active & friendly club who welcomes all lovers of sci-fi and fantasy.

If anyone is interested they can visit our site at www.fsf.com.au or email the club (address at site) or myself.

Cheers
Brenda
Old 02-06-2004, 02:30 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hi Brenda. I don't think that we have any Australians currently posting here. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Please come back and let us know how the convention went. Pics of Anthony Montgomery would be cool. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] In the meantime, feel free to jump in and join any of our discussions. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2004, 02:10 AM
Elite Fan

Hey all! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Just thought I'd come in and introduce myself properly since I've been tossing in a random post here and there the past few days. I'm a frequent visitor to F4F, but just recently found this board after starting to watch Voyager again.

Feel free to call me Fire, btw (one of my F4F alteregos). Anyway...I'm 25, single, and live in Ontario, Canada. Right now I'm working as a Customer Service Representative for a telephone company.

Some of my other fave shows are That 70s Show (the show that actually brought me to F4F), Friends, Simpsons, and Family Guy. Never could get into the other Treks for some reason though...guess it couldn't hurt to try them again... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Outside interests...computers, reading (fan fiction, romance, astronomy, self help...the list goes on), Playstation 2 (have a real liking for Tigers Woods 2004 right now for some reason), playing darts (on occasion), and travelling.

Hope to see you all around...you seem like such a nice bunch... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-27-2004: Message edited Hot Tamale ]
Old 02-27-2004, 02:21 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally posted by Hot Tamale:
Hope to see you all around...you seem like such a nice bunch... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Aww ... thanks! [img]smilies/group_hug.gif[/img]

Ontario? [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] Me too. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] And Enterprise_Girl ... before you know it, we'll be taking over FF [img]smilies/evil_laugh.gif[/img]
Old 02-29-2004, 01:01 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by C h r i s:
before you know it, we'll be taking over FF [img]smilies/evil_laugh.gif[/img]
Nice thought there... [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2004, 06:50 PM
New Fan

Hi all,

My name's Rob, I'm 21 and I live in Devon, England.
I'm a student studying for a Mechanical Engineering degree - final year now (hopefully).

[img]smilies/cheers.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2004, 01:48 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Welcome aboard Rob!
Old 03-27-2004, 12:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Hi! I'm Shima! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2004, 03:17 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hi Shima, welcome. I hope to see you posting around the Star Trek board. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]