Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2008, 08:27 PM
Elite Fan

That whole situation was done ugly, from what I understand, Teri didn't want to be killed off, just to leave the show in a way where she could return from time to time and they went and killed her off anyway.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Would have been better if Jadzia had stuck around and we hadn't gotten her lame replacement at all.
*goes after Sum1 with a Bat'leth*
Old 08-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Elite Fan

Well I'm starting on DS9 tonight. I've seen the first six seasons when they aired, but it's been sometime since I rewatched. I'm eager to relive this series as it's one of my favorites in the Trek verse.

Right off the bat I'm glad they have Sisko having a shared past with Picard. I just liked that aspect of the character.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ezri came into a no-win situation. It would have been better , if she had been a new character and not Dax.

Old 08-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

She'd still be replacing Dax. I just don't think the actress did that good a job. Too bland.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:09 PM
Elite Fan

I havn't seen the last season so I can't say much for Ezri.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:49 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Bringing this over ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by smierlo (View Post)
Hello all,

I've created a new music video. I'm really proud of it, because it was very difficult to get the right scenes on the right time. I hope you'll enjoy it.
It's about the Dominion war, but not as most Dominion war music videos are. I tried to be different and also added some personal combat and sadness.
Your opinion is very welcome.

Download here
Watch here
Old 08-31-2008, 07:14 PM
Master Fan

I'd rather watch a green (metaphorically) Trill than a jaded, wannabe-Klingon. And I'd much rather take to lunch the one who doesn't eat worms!
Old 09-01-2008, 04:07 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Afraid you'd lose your appetite?

Just the thought of a Klingon diet is enough to make me lose my appetite.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexEvans (View Post)
I'd rather watch a green (metaphorically) Trill than a jaded, wannabe-Klingon. And I'd much rather take to lunch the one who doesn't eat worms!
You saw Jadzia as jaded? If I was to describe her that would have been the last word to ever come up in my mind. But I am completely biased because she was my absolute favorite character....female character...or just character...whatever she's a favorite.

I didn't like Ezri. I loved the actress in Cube but not as Ezri. Like someone said above, I think it was a no win situation. There was no real time to make the character into her own and she was replacing another, in my opinion, more dynamic character with a rather....meh one.

PS, as everyone can tell I am loving the .... today.

So I decided to slowly go through DS9 and I watched the first episode the other day. Wow. I forgot how not good it was. The acting felt totally off and fake to me. DS9, like most of the other Treks didn't really find its legs until after the first couple of seasons anyway. Still my favorite Trek series.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:50 PM
Elite Fan

Nicole was on a recent episode of Stargate Atlantis from what I saw.

See I really liked the DS9 pilot.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:03 PM
Extreme Fan

I think DS9 really hit its stride in the third season. The first two were enjoyable but I got excited when I started the third up again. That could have a lot to do with the Defiant though. And the space fight at the end of season 2. And the Jem'Hadar show up. And the Vorta with the Dominion. Everything gets started in the third season. So exciting!!!
Old 09-23-2008, 10:30 PM
Elite Fan

I think Season Two really started things off, but you are right, Season Three was the defining season for the show in terms of story arcs that continued throughout the series.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:14 PM
Addicted Fan

I was kvetching in my Live Journal yesterday that it's lonely being a DS9 fan because I can never find the DVDs. When they initially came out, there were too expensive, like all Paramount DVDs, but then I just couldn't find them.

I even pointed out that I'd recently been in Los Angeles, one of the biggest cities in the *world*, and gone into the 2 biggest stores in LA and still had no luck! It was disappointing.

Cutely, because of the wonder of google alerts, one of the people at one of the stores contacted me to help me get some DVDs. Cool, huh?
Old 11-15-2008, 06:17 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikakone (View Post)

Cutely, because of the wonder of google alerts, one of the people at one of the stores contacted me to help me get some DVDs. Cool, huh?
Woah, that is I'm glad it worked out for you.