Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2020, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Caroline was always the consolation prize for Stefan
Old 08-24-2020, 12:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

That's unfortunate about KW. After the great buildup and character development I'd have thought he'd stay Team Forwood :/

Michael really should've left after season 6 and stayed gone, I agree. On the one hand it would've sucked not to see him on the show anymore, but at least (presumably) he could make a graceful exit. And with Tyler alive, we could pretend that Caroline found her way back to him eventually like they should have the whole time.

I don't think he's specifically trashed the show with how they treated Tyler, but he's consistently been extremely anti-KC and pro-Forwood, and at some con he talked about how he wishes that Tyler hadn't died or at least had had a better death scene, as opposed to the one he got where he didn't even put up a fight really. Unfortunately, he seems too nice to say what we all know he really feels about Tyler's treatment!

I know his Roswell show has the same (or some of the same) showrunners as TVD and so there's been several TVD alums on it, so I'm hoping that at some point Candice could guest star and we can just pretend it's a wacky Forwood future

AO3| LJ| fanfiction| tumblr
Old 08-24-2020, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Aww, that would be really great to see them together again

& I agree that he's too nice to say what he really thinks, I would love to hear him vent about all of it one day though!
Old 08-24-2020, 01:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

Honestly, to me seeing him gone after S6 wouldn't have sucked, cause i simply stopped viewing TVD as the same show by that point. When S5 came, it became some cheap AU version of what i once loved.
And still... At least he had a good exit in S6! Elena's last words to him were perfect. That moment really gave a bit if closure, a bit of hope for Tyler's future. A werewolf who was going to embrace his nature, go on with his journey, find his place. I mean, why ruin even that? He's out of the picture, let him live a decent life off screen! Why bring a character back for guest appereances only to trash him more? Till the end of s6 Michael was under contract, ok, that's understandable. But he saw scripts for his guest eps in s7&8. Why he agreed to appear in those is beyond my understanding.
Oh, and he even liked my comment on his IG post once. It was the photo where he stood looking somewhere far away and the caption said something like "capture this". I wrote "while waiting for a decent storyline for Tyler". So he clearly understands our feelings
Old 08-24-2020, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Ha, love that

I stopped watching season around season 5, so Tyler leaving as soon as possible after that would have been great. Any head canons that I could come up for him were gonna be way better than whatever he got on the show
Old 08-24-2020, 02:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

Dozens of options for a respectful ending. Dozens. Yet we got... This.
Old 08-24-2020, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I know, it's like they were trying to ruin forwood as much as they could
Old 08-24-2020, 08:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah...unfortunately...that's what happens on most teen dramas these days.
Old 08-25-2020, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I feel like a culture has been created where the most problematic & rabid fan groups get what they want...
Old 08-25-2020, 05:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

No kidding. If fans want something AND it makes sense for the characters and plot lines that are already established, then that might be one thing. But to shoehorn in things that make everyone OOC and require the plot to do backflips? Absolutely NOT.

I guess I can’t blame MT for wanting to cash that easy check, but I wish he’d either refused or somehow demanded a better ending. Like at LEAST show him reuniting with his mom or whomever in the afterlife? Of all people they choose VICKI to stick him with, to whom he was legitimately horrible and whose relationship was based on nothing but dysfunction. I don’t get it.

Old 08-25-2020, 10:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

Exactly! If only they would have shown him there with both of his parents... At least it could've been a great moment.

Last edited by rishik5; 08-26-2020 at 12:13 AM
Old 08-26-2020, 12:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishik5 (View Post)
Exactly! If only they would have shown him there with both of his parents... At least it could've been a great moment.
His dad was an abusive a-hole so I’m glad he wasn’t shown (literally everyone was better off with him dead lmao), but Tyler’s mom was such a huge part of his life that it’s wrong to not have them be together again. So much of his story and character were impacted by a) her unconditional love, and b) her murder. Instead, it’s “Carol who?”

Old 08-26-2020, 04:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Aww, I hadn't considered that before, but Tyler being with his mom again would have made his ending waaaay better
Old 08-26-2020, 06:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

They couldn’t even just have her standing there with Tyler and Vicki? Caroline got her mom(’s presence), Elena got her entire family, Stefan got Lexi, and Tyler got...Vicki. Who wasn’t even there to be with him, actually, she was there to watch over Matt, so Tyler got no one. As usual.

Old 08-26-2020, 06:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

He was so mistreated, I'll never understand why the writers went from giving him such solid material in seasons 2 & 3, to then not caring about him at all