Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2015, 09:32 AM
Master Fan

Can she only reach him in his dreams?

Quote:
I wonder what else can he feel from her. If he feels pain, can he feel pleasure? Cold? Hunger? This might mess up with him a lot.
I wonder about the same. And what can she feel from him? If they are connected it should be on both sides. This whole storyline is so creepy. I really don't want for Bash to get manipulated by her.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstableharpy (View Post)
I'm so starved for some good Francis/Kenna in-laws interaction. The show really didn't give us anything on that front. It was actually one of the things I wondered about after I read your fic flight. Apart of obsessing about the horrible things you did to my baby Kenna, I wondered about Francis' reaction to Bash leaving his wife behind, and how he treated her in that short time he was still alive.
So I have to admit at the time I didn't think too deeply about it while I was writing, but I have some thoughts on it now, that would probably be spoiler-y for someone who hasn't read it, so I'll PM you.

Between flight and your friend, your queen, I am so damn mean to Kenna. (And let's not talk about this latest installment . . .)

Quote:
I really need Kenna and Francis to interact on the show. Like during Siege, Kenna would go to talk to Mary while Francis was with her, and Kenna wouldn't even acknowledge Francis? What's with that? Yet, we know from his talk with Claude that Francis liked Kenna.
ME TOO. So, so much. I mean, Francis likes Kenna based on that talk with Claude, but I'm wondering how much of that is just what he hears from Bash.

Quote:
Reign won't allow any male/female interaction unless it's between lovers, ex-lovers, and mother/son. It's dreadfully frustrating. Did Bash ever actually talk to Greer? What of Francis? She's one of the best friends of their wives, I think that would deserve at least a hello.
This! You never see Bash talking to Greer OR Lola beyond that one conversation in s1 that you mentioned (even though Lola's kid is his nephew, so you would think he literally could ask about the baby at least, but perhaps that's just so we don't forget Bash isn't a fan of babies ?) and we don't see Francis and Greer interact, even before her husband became an accidental traitor. We also never see Francis interact with his own SISTER except to warn her not to mess with Kennash, which doesn't make much sense. Only Bash, who was once their sister's lover, interacts with her.

I mean, we know Bash must have talked to Greer to give her that package (unless he sent it off with someone else, but given that it was Mary giving it to him, I doubt he'd do that). ALSO, though, why didn't he think it was important to tell Francis that Mary had given him a package before going to Conde? Sometimes Bash would be better off standing in a corner looking pretty.

Quote:
In surprising twist, the only people who appeared to ever communicate on some part-time basis without it having any flirtatious subtext were Kenna and Bash (IMO, even Bash/Lola during 1x04 was a try out for a potential pairing). Not only in 1x03, but there were few little scenes where it appeared they were at least friendly. Like that scene when Mash is still engaged and walking together, stops by LIW's and Bash heads straight to Kenna, even though she's talking to someone else. Or Kenna making eye-contact with Bash when he's forced to watch Frary consummation. But then in 1x16, Bash tells Marry he doesn't even like Kenna?!? You sure, Bash?
Yeah, I was pretty surprised that he said he didn't "much like" Kenna and what he says to Kenna about how they don't like each other or whatever the lines were. I was kind of P.O.-ed to be honest. (That's why I addressed that in untitled.)

Perhaps they didn't actually intend to do the Kennash forced marriage originally and then realized CS and TC had good chemistry and it was a much more dramatic SL? IDK. I thought at one point that, with Lola pregnant with Francis's illegitimate child, they might try to push a Bash/Lola marriage. I mean, once I saw the summary for the wedding episode, I was confident that it was going to be Kennash, but still, I wondered. (Actually, in retrospect, given that Mary was so ready to push a man who clearly loves her - Conde - at Claude AND Lola for convenience's sake, I'm surprised that kind of plot wouldn't have occurred to her with Bash.)

Quote:
I think if she were to die by drowning, he would have a heart-attack or something like that. While his lungs might not fill with water, his hearth would probably give up.
Not sure I agree with this assessment, if only because then how WOULD you break the connection beyond a counter-spell of some sort? It might require more work/time than the writers are willing to devote to this SL, though Laurie, the head writer, really likes Delphine, so I can actually seem them devoting a ton of screentime to this.

Quote:
I wonder what else can he feel from her. If he feels pain, can he feel pleasure? Cold? Hunger? This might mess up with him a lot.
I'm thinking maybe really major sensations, so perhaps not cold or hunger unless she was at the point of freezing to death or starvation.

Quote:
I'm not as much concerned by his potential death (that's not gonna happen) as I'm by her visiting his dreams. Just no more dream raping Bash, please. That's disturbing. How much control does she have of him in a dream state? Was he that at ease with making out with her simply because he was sleepy? I need answers, and I need Delphine stay the hell away from Bash in his dreams.
I'm thinking it was because he was sleepy, because he seemed a bit disturbed once he was fully awake.

Quote:
I think he knew they were going to kill her. He just didn't care. He certainly didn't feel concerned until he felt his own pain.
That's Bash for you, love and leave 'em.

Quote:
He might get into her head eventually. I think it could be a matter of him not knowing there was a connection between them at the first place, and also of him, despite being pagan, not having any real experience with magic, let alone doing it. Maybe later on, after he begins his research into breaking off the connection, he might learn how to use it to his advantage. If he has time for that, and perhaps some guidance.

You have no idea what it's like to be a girl in this world. Owning nothing, having no power except the effect that you have on men.
icygrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 10:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by icygrace (View Post)
Perhaps they didn't actually intend to do the Kennash forced marriage originally and then realized CS and TC had good chemistry and it was a much more dramatic SL? IDK.
Torrance said in an interview once that he was the one who wanted the relationship grow in something more, wedding and then growing love... That's interesting because I didn't know the actors have a say in plot decisions.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessTeller (View Post)
I hope the writers lurk these boards and see what we would like. .

I think if D did something to Kenna it would either be kidnapping her before Kenna has a chance to get on her ship and planning to kill her somehow or maybe using her against Bash (I really want D to just go hardcore evil)..it could work because no one would notice her gone for awhile if Kenna is supposed to be traveling. . (I would prefer this bc it would be over with sooner). Or maybe waiting until the baby is born and trying to steal it, I don't want that just because I'm not interesting in seeing Delphine leach around all season while mind raping Bash..
But in order to kill Delphine won't Bash have to break the spell first? Otherwise she would see him coming..and he couldn't kill her with out dying himself.
My ideal scenario, Reign limited funds and ability to write consistent characters/storyline taken into an account, would be Kenna returning early, or not getting on the ship due to some danger (as I said before, perhaps plague, or a war conflict) and having to return to the castle temporarily, while still planning on leaving before the pregnancy becomes impossible to conceal. In the meantime, strange things suddenly begin happening around Kenna.
Attempts at her life/kidnapping are made, and because Bash could never resist the call of heroic deeds and stabbing things, he will get involved in protecting Kenna and solving the situation. This would give them the opportunity to get closer again, or even repair their relationship. By the time Kennash figures out it's all Delphine, Bash is ready to claim the child as his. Kenna, or the baby, or both of them get kidnapped and Bash saves them, in the process killing Delphine, risking his own life. Kenna is happy that Bash is once again acting as the knight in shinning armor for her and their child, and reconciles with him for good. They're happy, they're in love, and the kid pops up too early to be Renaude's, or it will have Bash's eyes. Everything solved, until next season when it will be rinse, repeat all over again.

I'm curious how will they deal with the spell. Unless Nostry, or Bash's pagan uncle, know some people, I think it might be possible Bash will just risk killing her. Who knows? Where would they find a good witch? Probably not in a nunnery, that didn't work out very well for Bash. Why were nuns alright with this psycho staying with them?

Also, is it just me or does anyone else feel like Reign switched Lola's and Kenna's storyline from 1x21 and 1x22 and used them in 2x21 and 2x22?
In 1x21, Lola found out that she married the wrong man, while he was loving with her would made probably a solid father, he was still an identity-stealing liar. 1x22, Lola is facing unsure future with a child without a father.
2x21, Kenna find out that the man she planned to marry the wrong man, While he was great in many aspects, he still tried to take over the castle and betrayed Francis.

1x21, Kenna is leaving the castle for her protection, taking her new charge (Pascal) with her. Before they leave, Bash admits that their marriage is something he wants.
1x22, Kenna and Pascal have to be saved by Bash from the Darkness while being isolated from everyone in the utility room. Kennash progresses with I love you's.

2x21, Lola and JP are send away from the castle for their safety. Before they leave, Narcisse and Lola kiss and talk about something relationship-y(?). I don't know I can't stand Narcisse for what his presence did to Catherine's character, so I tune him out.
2x22, Narcisse saves Lola and JP from Catherine's men after being kidnapped and kept away in some isolated place. Narcisse/Lola progresses with Lola appreciating Narcisse not acting as a scumbag and showing some interest in him(?, still don't know)
unstableharpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 10:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
My ideal scenario, Reign limited funds and ability to write consistent characters/storyline taken into an account, would be Kenna returning early, or not getting on the ship due to some danger (as I said before, perhaps plague, or a war conflict) and having to return to the castle temporarily, while still planning on leaving before the pregnancy becomes impossible to conceal. In the meantime, strange things suddenly begin happening around Kenna. Attempts at her life/kidnapping are made, and because Bash could never resist the call of heroic deeds and stabbing things, he will get involved in protecting Kenna and solving the situation. This would give them the opportunity to get closer again, or even repair their relationship. By the time Kennash figures out it's all Delphine, Bash is ready to claim the child as his. Kenna, or the baby, or both of them get kidnapped and Bash saves them, in the process killing Delphine, risking his own life. Kenna is happy that Bash is once again acting as the knight in shinning armor for her and their child, and reconciles with him for good. They're happy, they're in love, and the kid pops up too early to be Renaude's, or it will have Bash's eyes. Everything solved, until next season when it will be rinse, repeat all over again.

Perfect scenario.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
My ideal scenario, Reign limited funds and ability to write consistent characters/storyline taken into an account, would be Kenna returning early, or not getting on the ship due to some danger (as I said before, perhaps plague, or a war conflict) and having to return to the castle temporarily, while still planning on leaving before the pregnancy becomes impossible to conceal. In the meantime, strange things suddenly begin happening around Kenna.
Attempts at her life/kidnapping are made, and because Bash could never resist the call of heroic deeds and stabbing things, he will get involved in protecting Kenna and solving the situation. This would give them the opportunity to get closer again, or even repair their relationship. By the time Kennash figures out it's all Delphine, Bash is ready to claim the child as his. Kenna, or the baby, or both of them get kidnapped and Bash saves them, in the process killing Delphine, risking his own life. Kenna is happy that Bash is once again acting as the knight in shinning armor for her and their child, and reconciles with him for good. They're happy, they're in love, and the kid pops up too early to be Renaude's, or it will have Bash's eyes. Everything solved, until next season when it will be rinse, repeat all over again.

. . .

Also, is it just me or does anyone else feel like Reign switched Lola's and Kenna's storyline from 1x21 and 1x22 and used them in 2x21 and 2x22?
In 1x21, Lola found out that she married the wrong man, while he was loving with her would made probably a solid father, he was still an identity-stealing liar. 1x22, Lola is facing unsure future with a child without a father.
2x21, Kenna find out that the man she planned to marry the wrong man, While he was great in many aspects, he still tried to take over the castle and betrayed Francis.

1x21, Kenna is leaving the castle for her protection, taking her new charge (Pascal) with her. Before they leave, Bash admits that their marriage is something he wants.
1x22, Kenna and Pascal have to be saved by Bash from the Darkness while being isolated from everyone in the utility room. Kennash progresses with I love you's.

2x21, Lola and JP are send away from the castle for their safety. Before they leave, Narcisse and Lola kiss and talk about something relationship-y(?). I don't know I can't stand Narcisse for what his presence did to Catherine's character, so I tune him out.
2x22, Narcisse saves Lola and JP from Catherine's men after being kidnapped and kept away in some isolated place. Narcisse/Lola progresses with Lola appreciating Narcisse not acting as a scumbag and showing some interest in him(?, still don't know)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian'sKimberDoll (View Post)
Perfect scenario.
Agreed.

I only worry we couldn't get it because the Reign writers live to cause us pain.

And yeah, the Reign writers love repeating SLs with new characters.

Even if the baby turns out to be Bash's, I really want him to be prepared to claim it thinking it's Renaude. I really need that, tbh.

You have no idea what it's like to be a girl in this world. Owning nothing, having no power except the effect that you have on men.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:23 PM
Master Fan

He already refused to give the baby his name. Why should he change his mind?

About the baby... If it's going to be born healthy (no miscarriage), and Kennash are still married, will the baby get the married name bý default?
Old 05-20-2015, 01:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Who knew I'd ever anticipate a man drowning any woman this much

Quote:

Even if the baby turns out to be Bash's, I really want him to be prepared to claim it thinking it's Renaude. I really need that, tbh.
It's crucial for me. IMO, it would be crucial for Kenna's relationship with Bash too. I don't see her trusting him with her child otherwise.

Quote:
He already refused to give the baby his name. Why should he change his mind?

About the baby... If it's going to be born healthy (no miscarriage), and Kennash are still married, will the baby get the married name bý default?
After spending time with Kenna, and analyzing his past actions and why Kenna might think it better to take the 'safer' route by lying to him, he might change his mind.

I don't think he cared that much about the baby, of course it sucked for him and he wouldn't be over the moon under any circumstances since he thinks his wife is pregnant with someone else's child (someone who betrayed his little bro to make things even worse), but it was more about Kenna trying to manipulate him.

He was almost crying when he realized that Kenna did not ask him for another chance simply because she wanted him, and only him. In his mind, she wanted their relationship back because she needed someone to give her child a name. Of course, Kenna really wanted Bash, but he doesn't believe that at the moment. He wanted Kenna to pick him, and thinking that it was all a lie caused him lash out. If he allows Kenna to worm her way back into his heart, he will accept the kid without second thought, IMO.

Great, now I feel bad for Bash. No, I wanna stay angry with him

It should get Bash's name unless he rejects it which I doubt he would do. But since Kenna plans on passing the baby is her sister's child, it's not really an issue for now.

Quote:
Sometimes Bash would be better off standing in a corner looking pretty.
My thoughts exactly. Isn't that the exact thing that happened in 2x14 once Antoine revealed that Bash killed his brother? Bash spent the rest of their conversation silent, vaguely guilty looking, but mostly pretty.

Quote:
That's Bash for you, love and leave 'em.
It's true though. Unless they're Kenna or Mary, it's like they never existed. I'm not going to lie, I enjoyed his total lack of interest in Delphine's fate very much.

Quote:
Not sure I agree with this assessment, if only because then how WOULD you break the connection beyond a counter-spell of some sort? It might require more work/time than the writers are willing to devote to this SL, though Laurie, the head writer, really likes Delphine, so I can actually seem them devoting a ton of screentime to this.
I can't imagine how Reign writers will handle a storyline about actual magic. It's always been a fake-out so far. Obviously, it's too late now to solve it Scooby Doo style, again, but I worry where will they take it. Unless Nostry really knows someone who can help, I think we can look forward to lone Bash running around the woods, looking for someone to unbound him for majority of the first half of the season.
Unless Bash plans on finding Delphine and forcing her to unbound them. This is gonna be a huge mess.

Last edited by unstableharpy; 05-20-2015 at 01:20 PM
unstableharpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 01:32 PM
Master Fan

Finally I read it and what can I say...

Anyway... you inspired me to write a short Kennash fic myself. I don't know when but I will find the time to write it. It's something that is in my mind and I have to write it down. It's funny because I haven't written for years.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

First off I love how many Fic writers we have in here

Second I agree with everyone...I need Bash to be heroic for Kenna..I need bash to claim the baby not know who the daddy is...I need and F and B and a F and K convo. I need D dead.
I think if Kenna would have gotten pregnant by Bash earlier in the season he would act happy (for her sake) but in his head probably be freaking out about having so much responsibility. (Kenna even said he didn't want more responsibility which now I think meant having children) but once it was born I think he would be a really good dad.

Also as far as Bash changing his mind not knowing if he was the baby daddy, I think if Kennash spent time together and Kenna said (I picture her screaming this at him--don't know why) that she did love him and always had and wanted the baby to be his, she just wasn't sure how he would react because the last time she tried to tell him the truth about something --slimy Antoine--she left her, she felt like she didn't have another choice. Then he wouldn't be convinced she only wanted to get back with him bc she was knocked up.

Last edited by JessTeller; 05-20-2015 at 01:50 PM
JessTeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 02:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Who knew I'd ever anticipate a man drowning any woman this much
I'll join you. #iregretnothing #yolo

Quote:
It's crucial for me. IMO, it would be crucial for Kenna's relationship with Bash too. I don't see her trusting him with her child otherwise.

After spending time with Kenna, and analyzing his past actions and why Kenna might think it better to take the 'safer' route by lying to him, he might change his mind.

I don't think he cared that much about the baby, of course it sucked for him and he wouldn't be over the moon under any circumstances since he thinks his wife is pregnant with someone else's child (someone who betrayed his little bro to make things even worse), but it was more about Kenna trying to manipulate him.

He was almost crying when he realized that Kenna did not ask him for another chance simply because she wanted him, and only him. In his mind, she wanted their relationship back because she needed someone to give her child a name. Of course, Kenna really wanted Bash, but he doesn't believe that at the moment. He wanted Kenna to pick him, and thinking that it was all a lie caused him lash out. If he allows Kenna to worm her way back into his heart, he will accept the kid without second thought, IMO.

Great, now I feel bad for Bash. No, I wanna stay angry with him

I agree with everything.

Whether it's his kid or Renaude's biologically, I do think he'd take some time to bond with it, just because he didn't really want kids to start with before everything went down. But then one day . . . he just realizes this kid has worked its way into his heart and his life is never the same.

I do wonder if it doesn't end up being his biologically, whether Kenna will assume the lack of bonding is because of that (rather than his reticence to be a father generally), but will feel like she can't complain about it/confront him about it because she thinks she should just grateful that he decided to claim it after all. But in my headcanon (as you may know), Kenna doesn't have a close relationship with her own father, so I think she would find it troubling given the path that poor relationship led her down and it would really eat at her that she's set her child up for the same (especially if it's a girl). So she would just be thrilled to bits once the bond develops. Like IDK that she'd ever even vocalize this, but I picture this going on in her head.

Quote:
It's true though. Unless they're Kenna or Mary, it's like they never existed. I'm not going to lie, I enjoyed his total lack of interest in Delphine's fate very much.
Again, I regret nothing. No shame.

Quote:
I can't imagine how Reign writers will handle a storyline about actual magic. It's always been a fake-out so far. Obviously, it's too late now to solve it Scooby Doo style, again, but I worry where will they take it. Unless Nostry really knows someone who can help, I think we can look forward to lone Bash running around the woods, looking for someone to unbound him for majority of the first half of the season.
Unless Bash plans on finding Delphine and forcing her to unbound them. This is gonna be a huge mess.
They kind of wrote themselves into a corner with this SL.

Quote:
Finally I read it and what can I say...
Thank you!!

Quote:
Anyway... you inspired me to write a short Kennash fic myself. I don't know when but I will find the time to write it. It's something that is in my mind and I have to write it down. It's funny because I haven't written for years.
I'm really glad and excited! Can't wait to read new Kennash

Quote:
First off I love how many Fic writers we have in here

Second I agree with everyone...I need Bash to be heroic for Kenna..I need bash to claim the baby not know who the daddy is...I need and F and B and a F and K convo. I need D dead.
I think if Kenna would have gotten pregnant by Bash earlier in the season he would act happy (for her sake) but in his head probably be freaking out about having so much responsibility. (Kenna even said he didn't want more responsibility which now I think meant having children) but once it was born I think he would be a really good dad.

Also as far as Bash changing his mind not knowing if he was the baby daddy, I think if Kennash spent time together and Kenna said (I picture her screaming this at him--don't know why) that she did love him and always had and wanted the baby to be his, she just wasn't sure how he would react because the last time she tried to tell him the truth about something --slimy Antoine--she left her, she felt like she didn't have another choice. Then he wouldn't be convinced she only wanted to get back with him bc she was knocked up.
ALL THE KENNASH FIC FOREVER.

As for the rest of it,

As for Kenna screaming at him, I think there are few scenarios where Bash will calmly listen to her at the moment enough for her to get all that out, so I'm not surprised that's what you've pictured.

Old 05-20-2015, 02:29 PM
New Fan

Quote:
And don't they have to pay the actors for 22 episodes? (I'm assuming we get a 22ep season). If CS misses a few episodes they will still have to pay her and shows typically don't like to do that..and I don't know if Reign could handle its second most popular ship not being around for awhile..if they make it seem like Kenna may never come back the casual viewer that's a Kennash shipper- would probably tune out. Plus if they keep Kenna from leaving they won't have to cast a baby until probably the very end of the season.

I am convinced the baby is Bash's, mostly what reason for him/her to be GR's baby...cause he is no longer in the show.....no antagonist in this scenario, I would think...In my opinion...
Maritaqg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

I never thought I would want to see a man drown a woman either.

I think Kennash are due for a good verbal argument (mostly Kenna) . Then some angry sex.
JessTeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 04:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritaqg (View Post)
I am convinced the baby is Bash's, mostly what reason for him/her to be GR's baby...cause he is no longer in the show.....no antagonist in this scenario, I would think...In my opinion...
I guess in the meantime we all are convinced that Bash is the father. We know it and I hope the new writers know it as well.
Old 05-20-2015, 05:44 PM
New Fan

Quote:
I guess in the meantime we all are convinced that Bash is the father. We know it and I hope the new writers know it as well.

Let me add that since GR is not in the picture that makes it easier for Bash to parent EVEN if the baby is NOT his........which I think it is....anyway.....
Maritaqg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread